Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it true JA's attorney usually defends people who commit sex crimes

And one more ...

Gus, please explain your testimony where you stated JA was outside of your motor home visibly upset on the phone with TA, yet JA testified she was in your bathroom taking pics of her privates at TA's request. Who's telling the truth here ? I have a feeling neither one of you is truthful.

I believe Jodi and Gus were having.....uh, well you know. I don't see a reason for her to be alone with him in his trailer spending a night when she had friends and family to call on for help with money or needing a phone. This doesn't make since at all. we know that she wasn't under his group or making any money in PPl so why would she be there in his trailer. why not go to the person you're directly under for "tutoring". I believe Jodi was sleeping with him IMO. I don't see the reason for him buying her a phone. Prepaid phones are cheap and easy to get. Both of them are lying. IMO.

How horrible. I heard the ship was getting towed to Mobile, AL.

Yes it is, I live 15 minutes from Mobile. I feel awful for those people stuck on the ship.
I went on a cruise during college....and I would NEVER go on another. Strange things always seem to happen on those cruises.

I was reading the blogs from Diane Lilly and Katie which were linked in a couple of posts last night. They each gave loving tributes to Travis, and mentioned things which seem to be reflected in JA's testimony on the stand.

What struck me was that I could see how innocent their love for Travis was, and that they were probably the reasons for Jodi's jealous rage, with JA assuming that if she was giving it up to Travis, then every female who communicated with him was doing the same.

In Katie's blog she mentioned cafepress.com where she had custom shirts made up with sexy wording for her fiance. I wouldn't be surprised if that was where TA got the shirt made up for JA.

Just sayin' ...

Yep, PPL (Legal Shield) looks to be nothing more than a pyramid scam. I thought that kind of scam had been outlawed? The upper echelon makes money feeding upon the starving lower level people. It's shameful IMHO. :furious:

I've never been in PPL or Legal Shield, but am very well versed in MLM's. I've been in everything from Tupperware to Mary Kay and a couple of Vitamin companies. I like to sign up in them for the discount. . .not so much to sell it to others.

I had a friend in PPL who debated with me why my company was a pyramid scheme, but PPL was legit. Something to do with actually selling a product versus just signing people up.

I believe that jodi intentionally placed that plate upside down. She had a rental car remember No need to hide your plates, those who knew Jodi wouldn't be expecting her to be driving a new car. This would be overlooked. Remember she arrived 4am I don't think anyone is outside hanging out to notice her arrival. The roomates were asleep most likely at the time because they worked. I don't think Jodi parked in the garage but on the street. She wouldn't have to go out of her way to disguise her car for this part of her plan.

Now after butchering travis, jodi, is on her way to her "alibi man" in Utah. Remember, Jodi went through crazy steps to avoid anyone knowing that she was anywhere near or in AZ. I believe that once arriving to Utah, Jodi flipped the plates in hope of being pulled over in that state to show proof that she wasn't in AZ!! Anyone knows that putting a plate on upside down will attract police attention. The police will pull you over for a tail light! Upside down plate your begging to be pulled over. Jodi knew that this traffic stop would be her proof had anyone came looking for her about Travis. We can take a look at her actions and see that she is a strategic pre planner. At least in her mind. So this run in, along with the receipts for gas, NO receipts for AZ, alibi man= Premeditation. IMO

Jumping off your post re the license plate:

Another thing that I found curious is, IIRC, after the murder JA arrived at RyanB's home. Then they each drove their own vehicles to the same destination for a meeting.

Why didn't they take one car?

Did JA insist on driving as well so that she would increase her chances of being pulled over for the flipped license plate?

Or, they chose to take separate cars due to a Mormon thing - avoid the look of impropriety, two singles of opposite sex in same car?

When stopped by police in Utah, the rear license plate was upside-down, the front one missing.

Jodi claimed some kids in the parking lot of a Starbucks "played a game" with the plates. She took the front plate from them and tossed it in the car.

Sure...

Right... JA could stop at Starbucks, but needed to take cans of gas to save time?

LOL thanks I hadn't heard her ridiculous story before.

I was thinking maybe she removed the plates entirely for the AZ part of the trip, and then replaced them (or just the rear plate I guess) in the dark when she was into or close to Utah. Two reasons come to mind: (1) no witness could say what the license plate number was if they saw a nondescript white car parked at Travis's house the day of the murder, and (2) at the time, it was pretty near impossible to drive any distance in AZ without getting caught by a speed camera lol--and she was trying to avoid any evidence of her being in AZ.

Seems to me this was very premeditated, although I do think she gave Travis "one last chance" to take her back. In her mind, she thinks the murder was justified because he failed a perfectly fair test of his love.

Had to snip your quote but ITA. She drove 1,000 miles to get him to either take her on the trip or back out of it. Rage in it's purest form. I also think regardless of PPL, or the Mormon stuff, if he had been Jewish, an atheist, a Christian, Catholic, Agnostic, she still would have killed him. Scorned is an understatement for her.

I hope I don't get slammed for this, but I think I'm finally figuring out Nurmi's true strategy, and it worries me.

By drawing this out SO long and with such irrelevant detail and nonsense that it *could* make it harder for JM to cross.

Never mind. I have full faith in JM, silly me. My guess is he may spend a little time tearing down and/or exposing some lies JA testified to, and then just hone in like a tarantula hawk on the premeditation in days preceding the killing, the day and moment of the killing - especially the 9 stabs in the back, the defense wounds the slit throat (which I think she had to have done from behind - which is simply chilling), her not calling 911/going to a neighbor/talking to anyone, the effort to elude/hide her tracks in days following, and her many versions of what happened (including being so intimate with Ryan Byrnes <sp?> that he saw and kissed her *bare* stomach... (Imma thinkin' both JA and RB are lying about how far things really went, but we'll never know).

I think he will completely tear apart her attempts at trying to portray herself as something of a shrinking violet - and he will show that she was the far more knowledgeable, experienced aggressor, having a history of anal sex (used to use baby oil or mineral oil until she discovered KY), that she never turned down sex...

He will turn her into the sneaky, snooping, violent obsessed stalker (Man, I wish there was some sort of corroboration/witness for the tire slashings). I hope he gets her angry but that's a long shot since it appears she has no ability to feel.

I think he may ask questions like, "Do you think it's normal behaviour to ________?" (Insert odd/creepy/stalkerish/possessive behaviour JA did continually). "Do you think that might make someone mad? Maybe upset the women he was dating? Want to maybe call you a bad name? Give the finger? Say mean things to get you to stop? Do you think these reactions would be normal (if unpleasant) responses to that person being a target to (insert JA behaviour)?

But IDNAL (I'm *definitely* not a lawyer :) ), so I'm sure he'll do the best that I can't even comprehend...

It's fun to muse and daydream over what he might do - since it seems like we won't get to see him do his cross IN THIS CENTURY. Gack!

I just finished jodi's lie-imony..sooo... who is giving tootsie pops and pop rocks for Valentine's day??
:rolleyes:
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hahaha I posted a picture.. but deleted it. I dont want to get into trouble.
:floorlaugh:

So they are addressing you in an email and not on the board? correcting an assumption on the board would be educational... contact by email seems like intimidation. JMO

Jumping off your post re the license plate:

Another thing that I found curious is, IIRC, after the murder JA arrived at RyanB's home. Then they each drove their own vehicles to the same destination for a meeting.

Why didn't they take one car?

Did JA insist on driving as well so that she would increase her chances of being pulled over for the flipped license plate?

Or, they chose to take separate cars due to a Mormon thing - avoid the look of impropriety, two singles of opposite sex in same car?

Jodi wanted to be pulled over. The plate being missing from the front and upside down in the back doubled her chances of being pulled over. After driving all that way I'm sure she would want to relax and let someone else take over the driving. She wanted to be stopped. Her being stopped would be her "proof" of being No where near AZ, and also documented proof. I'm sure had the police not stopped her about the plates jodi would've ran a couple red lights, speeding, change lanes without signals, something!!! she was determined. I hope Juan sees what I see. I don't think there is anything wrong in the Mormon religion of the opposite sex riding in cars together. I'm not mormon but we have a few on this board. I believe her reasons were sinister.

I was reading the blogs from Diane Lilly and Katie which were linked in a couple of posts last night. They each gave loving tributes to Travis, and mentioned things which seem to be reflected in JA's testimony on the stand.

What struck me was that I could see how innocent their love for Travis was, and that they were probably the reasons for Jodi's jealous rage, with JA assuming that if she was giving it up to Travis, then every female who communicated with him was doing the same.

In Katie's blog she mentioned cafepress.com where she had custom shirts made up with sexy wording for her fiance. I wouldn't be surprised if that was where TA got the shirt made up for JA.

Just sayin' ...

And we also learned that Travis liked pedicures and thought that Susan Lucci is hot lol

eta: with the salt scrub tyvm

I've never been in PPL or Legal Shield, but am very well versed in MLM's. I've been in everything from Tupperware to Mary Kay and a couple of Vitamin companies. I like to sign up in them for the discount. . .not so much to sell it to others.

I had a friend in PPL who debated with me why my company was a pyramid scheme, but PPL was legit. Something to do with actually selling a product versus just signing people up.

But at least with Tupperware, Mary Kay, Avon, etc there is an actual product you can hold in your hand, use it daily. How do you know if you will ever need legal aide in your life? I only needed a lawyer once in my life, divorce, and the judge made my ex pay the $52,000 for my legal fees, the total balance. If I'd had PPL, I might not have gotten that ruling!

bbm.
the friend she claims she called and was going to borrow the gun from, is her ex- Matt MCCarty - and he as already told investigators that he would lie for Jodi.. so i don't know if he can be considered credible at any level.
Why would he say something like that? Why would someone do or say something like this? Was this in the transcripts?

So is it true JA's attorney usually defends people who commit sex crimes

yes, he makes his living defending murderers, rapists and pedophiles. While strategically attempting to further victimize their victims in the courtroom.

But at least with Tupperware, Mary Kay, Avon, etc there is an actual product you can hold in your hand, use it daily. How do you know if you will ever need legal aide in your life? I only needed a lawyer once in my life, divorce, and the judge made my ex pay the $52,000 for my legal fees, the total balance. If I'd had PPL, I might not have gotten that ruling!

Yeah. I truly don't get it. Where I live, there are definitely the "high powered" attorneys for criminal defense, divorce proceedings, etc. that you would choose to represent you. What? With PPL you have no choice and get who they give you? Uh uh, no thanks. But that just me being in the legal field for 30 years...I would definitely want to choose my representation wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member