Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say just let her keep babbling. She is only making it worse! :gavel:

I am thinking this is one of the reasons JM is not objecting right, left and center . . . he objects on some important issues, but other than that, he lets her ramble on and on and on, so there will be more for him to pick apart on cross! Plus, it gives the jury a better insight into her psyche.

Many 12 yr old females are menstruating. What we, as a modern society don't recognize, is that if you go back many centuries or even further back, 12 yr olds were having babies. Go back to prehistoric times. A 12 yr old was a sexually mature adult (biologically-speaking). Of course the average lifespan was probably around 30 yrs old at that time too.

So biology has set the stage and it's coded in DNA. Despite what societal mores have evolved to, a menstruating female is not considered a child--not biologically speaking. Pedophilia is someone who is attracted to children--i.e. not sexually mature boys and girls (who by definition would not be considered children biologically-speaking). Legally, yes. The age of 18 is considered the age of consent and yes I understand that.

I'm only talking from a biological standpoint. So (biologically-speaking) a male finding a young woman attractive is not deviant. However, laws and societal norms do create an extended childhood, even if biology says otherwise. Someone having a first orgasm could be considered sexually of-age (again, only biologically-speaking). I'm not excusing TA's comment, but I do see the other side of it and why it might not be quite as heinous as some make it out to be.

Yes. This is especially true in Asia where I live. My grandmother had her first baby (my father) when she was 16 and that wasn't even the norm. Girls who had started menstruating would be considered 'young women' These girls would receive careful training on how to be a wife/mother etc. even before the actual wedding.

p.s. this really has nothing to do with what Travis said about 12 year olds. I don't think he meant it any perverted way.

I meant psychologically and mentally strong, not physically.

He let her back in for sex on the day he was murdered!

I don't disagree with anything you all are saying about Travis. And I'm certainly not defending Jodi! All I'm saying is that, if Travis would have said to me what he said to Jodi on that taped phone call, I would have thought he was a jerk and ran for the hills.

But you make a fair point that he probably wouldn't have ever said those particular things to me, because I wouldn't have baited him like Jodi did.

I understand but sociopaths are very strong minded. They dont all become murderers like JA they can be powerful CEOs of huge companies because they do not have empathy/sympathy for others and will trample on anyone to get what they want.

I dont blame Travis at all.......just like I wouldnt blame any other DV victim that happened to cross paths with a sociopath. I think much of what he did after he knew she would act out violently was done trying to appease her. He was fearful of her .....enough to tell his close friend and mentor that she would probably one day kill him.

I know how trapped Travis felt............I was once like him and did many things I didnt want to do in order to appease my abuser knowing what would happen if I did not. I never called the police either. Most who are being abused dont.

IMO

And my own opinion about these "fantasies" he supposedly had. The only thing I believe he said is what I heard with my own ears on tape.

I don't want to start a debate here, and certainly not a tiff. Travis overall behavior with women his entire life (which was short, first of all) was totally inconsistent with the man Jodi says he was.

Jodi has male friends and boyfriends and men she LIVED with that pretty much all described her as sexually aggressive. Travis does not. Only Jodi said that.

My conclusion is that had he never met her, this part of him, this fantasy life he had in private with her, would not have surfaced, it is inconsistent with his personality.

Jodi brought this out in him, she saw something she wanted and little by little said and did things that peaked his curiosity. He was not an experienced person at his age (or the Defense would have found each and every sexual deviant he had contact with)

There is only 1. Jodi. Their client, who brutally murdered him in some anger filled, jealous rage killing.

She herself had the biggest fantasy, if I lure this man with every sex act known to man, every phone fantasy every fantasy involving kitchen utensils, zip ties, rope, yarn, crochet needles and strawberry latte's then he will fall so hard for me, how can he not marry me.

Well he didn't because you forced something to come out in him that was really not him. Did he take the bait? yes. Did he do a little experimentation? yes. Does he sound like a experienced phone sex talker or even experienced in bed. Heck no. He fumbles through it, sings the National Anthem and falls asleep on the phone. Does she sound experienced? yes, and scary and psychotic and a host of other things only a Psychiatrist might be able to address.

Does that excuse his behavior? Where many might say no...I say yes, yes it does.

And after reading the M.E. report, it's hard for me to determine was was happening other than sheer chaos, rage, hysteria, anger on her part. She either taunted him based on a few of the less deep "pokes" just to be mean, trying to get him to stop moving OR see if he was alive. Or, they are the result of her simply not landing the blow very well, so she did it again, it indicates clusters of 9 stab wounds then hard stabs through the back, through the soft tissues and past the ribs but not quite to the chest cavity (mind you this would be him maybe on his knees, or belly, just laying there, or moaning and crawling almost involuntarily mustering any strength left totally disoriented having no earthly idea what is happening to him) And she is not sure why he won't go down permanently.

Her first blow whatever it was, slice to neck, gunshot, rendered him pretty "hurt" or he would simply over power her. So she got in a surprise "first" something. No broken fingernails on his part, no appearance he grabbed her scratched etc.

He could have just been down, or slumped at the sink and she went for it again. I read the reports over and over and wonder if he was ever aware it was her doing it. Just heart breaking.

I think you're right about her getting in a "first" something, otherwise, he would have disarmed her, I think. She came out of it very unscathed. The way she killed him was horrific. Even though I don't have a crystal-clear view of the details, so far it looks like pure rage to me.

Many 12 yr old females are menstruating. What we, as a modern society don't recognize, is that if you go back many centuries or even further back, 12 yr olds were having babies. Go back to prehistoric times. A 12 yr old was a sexually mature adult (biologically-speaking). Of course the average lifespan was probably around 30 yrs old at that time too.

So biology has set the stage and it's coded in DNA. Despite what societal mores have evolved to, a menstruating female is not considered a child--not biologically speaking. Pedophilia is someone who is attracted to children--i.e. not sexually mature boys and girls (who by definition would not be considered children biologically-speaking). Legally, yes. The age of 18 is considered the age of consent and yes I understand that.

I'm only talking from a biological standpoint. So (biologically-speaking) a male finding a young woman attractive is not deviant. However, laws and societal norms do create an extended childhood, even if biology says otherwise. Someone having a first orgasm could be considered sexually of-age (again, only biologically-speaking). I'm not excusing TA's comment, but I do see the other side of it and why it might not be quite as heinous as some make it out to be.

Can't agree at all. Kinda nauseating really.

I actually think she will go into great details with her elaborate lies. She thinks details are a better way of getting people to believe lies over the truth.

Yes her first statment is enough for him to ask her about the self defense she claims happened.

Well IMO they have failed miserablly in humanizing her. She has such a flat affect with her monotone drone. The jury is not identifying with her imo. Imo they already know what she says is nothing but lies.

In fact the longer she talks the closer she gets to death row imo.

IMO

I think Nurmi/Wilmott believe that her lengthy testimony will convey to the jury that she was eager to testify because:

1. She has nothing to hide,
  2. She is meek and mousy,
  3. She reserves emotional expressions for coached moments,
  4. She is entirely incapable of initiating violence, responding with it only in desperation-survival mode,
  5. She is emotionally scarred and deeply wounded (abused child/woman card),
  6. She is a mentally imbalanced societal misfit due to (5) above and therefore thoroughly pitiable.

All of her lies and prior fictional tales to LE and media left her and her team with nothing else.

Moreover, if the jury sees her as a pathologically lying murderer (who doesn't?) then the victim status they seek to establish in the jurors' minds will mitigate her guilt down to a lesser mandatory sentence; i.e., LWOP or even LWP.

This woman is out of her friggin mind! She's pizzed beyond belief because he doesn't give her credit for editing a portion of his "book"! She sounds like a misguided and confused teenager with a prim vocabulary! WEIRD is all I can say!

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis
ETA - See second post.

That letter/email to me equals premeditation. That to me was the accumulated anger

And my own opinion about these "fantasies" he supposedly had. The only thing I believe he said is what I heard with my own ears on tape.

I don't want to start a debate here, and certainly not a tiff. Travis overall behavior with women his entire life (which was short, first of all) was totally inconsistent with the man Jodi says he was.

Jodi has male friends and boyfriends and men she LIVED with that pretty much all described her as sexually aggressive. Travis does not. Only Jodi said that.

My conclusion is that had he never met her, this part of him, this fantasy life he had in private with her, would not have surfaced, it is inconsistent with his personality.

Jodi brought this out in him, she saw something she wanted and little by little said and did things that peaked his curiosity. He was not an experienced person at his age (or the Defense would have found each and every sexual deviant he had contact with)

There is only 1. Jodi. Their client, who brutally murdered him in some anger filled, jealous rage killing.

She herself had the biggest fantasy, if I lure this man with every sex act known to man, every phone fantasy every fantasy involving kitchen utensils, zip ties, rope, yarn, crochet needles and strawberry latte's then he will fall so hard for me, how can he not marry me.

Well he didn't because you forced something to come out in him that was really not him. Did he take the bait? yes. Did he do a little experimentation? yes. Does he sound like a experienced phone sex talker or even experienced in bed. Heck no. He fumbles through it, sings the National Anthem and falls asleep on the phone. Does she sound experienced? yes, and scary and psychotic and a host of other things only a Psychiatrist might be able to address.

Does that excuse his behavior? Where many might say no...I say yes, yes it does.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Kelly

Can't agree at all. Kinda nauseating really.

I thought it was only in recent times that girls began puberty at 12, 13.
I thought it used to be common for puberty not to begin until age 15 16?

Originally Posted by Madeleine74

My dislike of Travis' behavior has nothing to do with Jodi or her testimony. I don't like the deceitfulness. I like to stay away from people with rape fantasies, if I can, and the 12 year old girl orgasming comment made me sick.

I agree! I once dated someone and about the forth date, over dinner he ,says all calmly and out of the blue.. That he liked when, during sex, his partner struggles!
I got the heck outta there and never spoke to him again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to mention something that I read in the last thread about TA being unable to fight if he was shot first. That's not entirely true because I had a friend who was shot point blank in the face at an intersection while at a red light. He DROVE himself home! I can't imagine how one does this, but my DH who is a doctor of Physical Therapy said he was most likely in shock and adrenaline helped him do it. So I think he could have been shot in the face and then tried to fight her off.

I understand but sociopaths are very strong minded. They dont all become murderers like JA they can be powerful CEOs of huge companies because they do not have empathy/sympathy for others and will trample on anyone to get what they want.

I dont blame Travis at all.......just like I wouldnt blame any other DV victim that happened to cross paths with a sociopath. I think much of what he did after he knew she would act out violently was done trying to appease her. He was fearful of her .....enough to tell his close friend and mentor that she would probably one day kill him.

I know how trapped Travis felt............I was once like him and did many things I didnt want to do in order to appease my abuser knowing what would happen if I did not. I never called the police either. Most who are being abused dont.

IMO

I think Jodi is counting on it that people will believe she didn't report. I don't think what she is saying about the physical abuse is true, though, and I think she was a consenting partner sexually. I think Travis was just thinking with the wrong head!

How do you suppose JA got out of the house, probably covered in blood, unnoticed by anyone? Has the backpack or purse ever been found?

She had her backpack and I believe it contained the clothes she wore to her boyfriend in Utah, when she ran downstairs and threw things in the washer she undressed and changed clothes, and put her bloody clothes in the backpack with the gun and the knife and left.

I think the backpack has the weapons and her bloody clothes and they may have burned along the trip to Utah (she has gas cans with gas) or she buried them along the way, OR put them in a dumpster along the way, and I figure we may never find that backpack.

I think Travis was fully responsible for his own actions, and he thought he knew what he was doing.

A lot of wounds right side/Travis. which points to a left handed assailant
Including gunshot wound to the area above his right eyebrow. Left hander lifts gun whether she is next to him, or he turned and was going to face her, gets him on the right side.

Moo the defense will say that she is attacking him when he has lunch date her, and she had a knife in her left hand. all of those slices on his back we're so close together and only on his upper right or so. if everyone has not seen the photos which are private, were not part of discovery, and cannot be posted here, I would highly suggest you go see them. it has been linked multiple times to see although I did not capture the link to do it again right now. I bring this up because I am left handed, but if I was going to stab someone, it would be with my right hand. if the defense does this, it will play into the prosecution in my opinion to prove even more points on her being left handed with a knife and with a gun. I will hold off on more thoughts on this until the defense has person today or argument on the stabbing.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

JA said [yes, I know] that she arrived at TA’s home around 4am and there was computer activity at that time on the TA’s computer. Next (and this time hard) evidence of JA at TA’s home were the nude photos, time stamped around 1pm, IIRC.

Is there any evidence of JA's activities between the ~4am computer time and ~9 hours later for the nude photos at ~1pm? TIA

I’m just wondering if JA snuck into TA’s home and watched those video’s on his computer at ~4am, maybe read/deleted emails/cellphone-texts/etc, and then went out and slept in her car waiting for his roommates to leave the house and for her to get some sleep and maybe even dye her hair???

Then, maybe she snuck into the house again around 1pm to find TA on his bed, nude, just masturbated, and asleep??? She then could have found his new camera, taken those two nude photos of him and woke him up in the process???

I just can't see him being so happy to see her after whatever blow-up happened in the week/s prior.

Maybe he then got dressed and went downstairs to clean the house??? Maybe it's then that she took those raunchy nude photos of herself??

she brought something out in him that was really not him - ?-perhaps-
but I happen to think that most men like to pursue and they like a challenge,
BUT if you are 100% hooked on him and he is YOUR WHOLE WORLD and your life revolves around him, there's nothing
interesting or exciting about you anymore.

If women behave as if you like a man, but aren't that interested in locking him down, that is more interesting. If a woman is more involved in her OWN life that is more interesting. If I was a man I would NOT want a woman throwing herself at me from the get-go.

No man should be any woman's WHOLE WORLD. THAT'S A BIG MISTAKE.
And jumping right into SEX is a sure fire way to have the relationship go down in flames. If all you want is SEX then yes, go right for it. If what you want is a lasting relationship or marriage, it's best to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member