Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #39 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis won a trip to Cancun for two through PPL so I don't think he was in too much financial trouble. He also had roommates who helped with the mortgage and had just purchased a new vehicle, something you can't do with bad credit. If he was paying for Jodi to tag along on trips and she wasn't paying him I could see why he'd tell her she could not go to Cancun. It was an expense he could not afford with meals, sightseeing, etc. Mimi was going as a friend and staying with the Hughes so I would imagine she would pay for her own expenses. jmo

O/T and my apologies, but so important for the lady Nascar fans!! Danica Patrick wins pole position for Daytona 500. :great:

Travis won a trip to Cancun for two through PPL so I don't think he was in too much financial trouble. He also had roommates who helped with the mortgage and had just purchased a new vehicle, something you can't do with bad credit. If he was paying for Jodi to tag along on trips and she wasn't paying him I could see why he'd tell her she could not go to Cancun. It was an expense he could not afford with meals, sightseeing, etc. Mimi was going as a friend and staying with the Hughes so I would imagine she would pay for her own expenses. jmo

I can also see why he wouldn't want to take her to Cancun.

She was an embarrassing inappropriate psycho and reflected poorly on him with all of his friends. Why inject that in to a business setting?

Other than that, I do think he really liked Mimi.

Thanks Katie, for all your relaying to us, from the courthouse!! :blowkiss:

I re-listened to the beginning of their tape again last night and I can't believe how much she grovels trying to get him to invite her on other trips...And she mentions that she doesn't have money several times while she's doing it!

I hadn't noticed the first time I heard the tape because I was so focused on the "other stuff".

moo

This site even has downloadable app to watch the trial on your mobile device, Ipad etc.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Watch-LIVE-Jodi-Arias-murder-trial-185415702.html

Watch the trial on you mobile device
• To watch live video of the Arias trial on your iPhone or iPad, just download the appropriate free app from iTunes. Once the app is installed, just scroll down to the Live Video tile. Tap it to start the stream.
• To watch on Android devices, download the free Ustream app from Google Play. In the Ustream app, click the Search button. Search for azfamily. Tap the the 3TV thumbnail and then click play.

NURSEBEME -----------> Can I suggest this get added to one of the beginning of the thread posts as it seems many want this info!

(I don't need it as I watch online but sure have seen many asking for this!)

I have been reading around about some other fairly recent murder trials, and I noticed that in defendants tend to get harsher sentences when they have smeared the victim as part of their defense strategy.

I hope that is what happens in this case. I believe the defense's attempts to smear Travis will get Jodi harsher treatment when it comes to sentencing.

Minor4th,
I can only believe you are right. It seems perpetrators of crimes have no remorse and jurors are tired of seeing that.

I know the jury is not to watch tv, read about the case online and so on, but is the defense and state allowed too ?

I won't be able to join y'all during most of the trial coverage the next couple of days :( But I will be watching the replays in the evening.

I have been reading around about some other fairly recent murder trials, and I noticed that in defendants tend to get harsher sentences when they have smeared the victim as part of their defense strategy.

I hope that is what happens in this case. I believe the defense's attempts to smear Travis will get Jodi harsher treatment when it comes to sentencing.

:rocker: Soooo happy to hear that you've noticed harsher sentences when defendants & their DT smear the innocent victim. I pray Jodi gets the harshest conviction she's charged w/ (DP). If anyone deserves DP it is by far, hands down JA. :please: :please: :please:

I have total faith in our jury this time around & I believe they will do what's right for TA & for TA's poor family, friends, & loved ones.

I don't remember this part of the interrogation. Was she asking about the Ford Focus that she rented on her way to TA's, or the rental that she had packed-up when the LE arrested her?

It was the one she had just rented. The one with the 9mm gun in the engine. Bet she wanted to have a family member get to the gun before they returned to car to the rental agency. jmo

I'll be at court all afternoon today.

If there's anything specific anyone wants me to check out, please post. I have about an hour before heading in to work.

:seeya:

:seeya: PICK ME! LOL Yes, please tell CNN/HLN/InSession, etc that Gus says jodi called him the night she killed him and said he was dead, but then he says he left for Cancun the next day so that would mean she called him the night the body was discovered and this fool is playing them for airtime that could be better served!

:gthanks:

NURSEBEME -----------> Can I suggest this get added to one of the beginning of the thread posts as it seems many want this info!

(I don't need it as I watch online but sure have seen many asking for this!)

Thank you!! Now found in my siggy!! :seeya:

You could be right. Two gas cans, two kerosene cans, two boyfriends at the same time (always had one in the wings). Yep, I think you are right. jmo

I have been kicking around this idea of 1 plus a spare in the last few days, too. Maybe she thought she could just produce whichever receipts she wanted for proof of her alibi, and she didn't consider that there would be documentation electronically of everything she did. The second set was a backup, or it was information she wanted omitted from the first set. Must be either compulsiveness or wiliness.

I think the duplicate deposit in the one bank account was just about realizing how low her balance was after she made the first deposit.

I do too. And in closings there is a lot of leeway to sum things up. Juan Martinez can remind the jury how terrible it is that this murderer chose to kill Travis 3 ways in life and a 4th time on the stand ad to the point of nauseum.

Katiecoo,
Good morning! Please keep us informed on how the jury reacts to JA. And if you hear any tidbits about when the cross might begin. And of course, if by chance you can speak to the Travis family advocate and tell them our prayers are with them all. Thank you!

Very respectfully snipped...

A lot dont believe he/they took the pictures, I believe he did. I believe he may have wanted her gone, but with the sex they had, he couldnt resist (IMO).

I think JA was TA's drug. I think he used her for exactly what she tried (and seemingly succeeded at) to win him over for, though she wanted to be loved, he just wanted the downright *advertiser censored*-style sex. He was living out his fantasies at Jodi's expense. That does NOT mean I think he should have died for that, nor do I think Jodi was 'taken advantage of'...she knew exactly what she was doing every single time she did something with TA and she willingly participated in all of it.

It wasn't until she finally came to the realization that he never thought of her as the marrying type that she had enough.

MOO :moo:

It was the one she had just rented. The one with the 9mm gun in the engine. Bet she wanted to have a family member get to the gun before they returned to car to the rental agency. jmo

What do you think the point was of buying the gun, after the killing of TA :waitasec:

are those emu burgers??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

smiley-violent096.gif

:giggle: GMTA! :lol:

Me -------->
smiley-violent090.gif
<-------- Softail

At the rate Nurmi is going, I doubt that we will see the cross examination this week! (Unless he glosses over the actual murder). I'm so sick of listening to him drone on and on about nothing.:furious:

The second worst thing to come out of this trial, if she's found not guilty, is that Nurmi will be on HLN like JB is. :sick:

$100.00 Acct 7148
$300.00 Acct 7148
$400.00 Acct 8006

I know from looking at the checks she wrote that her checking account was the 8806 number. I can't figure out what the other account is. She was broke, so I can't imagine her having a savings account and putting $400.00 in it. And also, Flores said somewhere (can't find it) that when her grandparents house was broken into, besides the gun being stolen...COUGH COUGH ...that a dvd player was also taken, and something else (not counting the 30 bucks) I wonder if she sold them? I am still trying to figure out where she got $800.00 to put in those accounts. And whose account the 7148 was? I don't know, I am probably over thinking it.
Also in one of her interviews with Flores, she says "Travis sold me a car, with very easy terms" or something along those lines. I think those 3 checks she wrote him had something to do with the car she bought from him. I know there was one check for the car, but I'm sure she was making payments for the rest of it. It was a BMW ~ those are not cheap

I hope the prosecution knows where she got it. She doesn't use Firefox does she? :waitasec:

My question is (still reading) while reading the investigation report.......what kind of person would go into a house uninvited thru a doggie door??? :waitasec:

Has that been confirmed? I thought someone in one of the other threads said it never happened. :waitasec:

Random reminder: please leave crude humor and sexual humor at the door. If your post is missing that may be why. This is a busy thread and you will not get a pm from a mod explaining why your post is gone. Please post responsibly.:seeya:

Can we add nasty comments about emus to that too, please? :snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member