jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #49 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be my guess that after Mr. Martinez deposed him (re the magazines) the defence would consider him a hostile witness!

I think I read somewhere he told the defense in his deposition he would lie for JA. Now to find that quote.

IMO, re-watching yesterday's testimony, unlike any day of the "Vagina Monologues" (JVM quip), was actually well worth while. More details sunk in, and at the same time, its easier to see the bigger picture.

Both sides are simultaneously litigating both the a core case AND the death penalty. The defense built its sand castle case of sex sex sex destroy Travis sex sex sex showcasing a meek sad defendant who said sorry a whole lot and who could, with luck, be recognizable as a fellow human being who made big mistakes yes, but someone who one could sympathize with and thus, a person who should not be put to death.

Juan is not looking simply to have the sociopath found guilty-- he would have accepted her 2nd degree plea way back when if that is all he wanted. He is determined to have her found guilty of premeditated 1st degree murder and put to death.

Juan has an embarrassment of riches --mountains of lies-when it comes to impeaching the defendant. Given that he does, he can pick and choose which ones work best to obliterate her credibility and which ones are "throw-aways," (such as the pop rocks and tootsie pops thing) used not so much to impeach her- no worries there- but to destroy any vestige of sympathy the jury might feel for her so that they will opt for the DP when it gets that far.

Yesterday focused largely on those strategic throw-aways. Example: IMO, he was perfectly in control while appearing to be out of control on the tootsie pop and when do you choose to remember things line of questioning. He knew that the defendant would delight in her belief that she was not only in control but that she had the power to make HIM lose control.

He was 100% correct. Witness her smirks and smiles and cockiness and put downs, etc. Lost in the illusion that she was in control, she revealed her real self all by herself, in a way that no line of questioning could possibly have achieved, given her ready lies. Herself was not only unsympathetic and unlikable, it was also direct testimony about the big lie that she would EVER allow herself to be a victim of any kind. Two birds in one. A liar and a person who richly deserves the DP. In the last hour or so, IMO, he began to lay foundations for at least one line of knock-out impeachment.

He truly is a master at this. Go, Juan go.

:rocker: :goodpost: Thank you!

You heard right, it was to Det.Flroes, she had to talk into taking the pictures.

HLN has a body language expert on who says Jodi's standing up to the prosecutor can be read in mixed ways by the jury. Also that not everyone even understands the body language display of Jodi. Frankly I think even a five year old could read her attitude so don't agree.

One of Nancy Grace's producers who was in court yesterday said she clearly went into "***** mode".

I think the men on that jury recognize that mode easily. Especially if they have girlfriends or wives.:waitasec: They saw she is no shriveling violet.

There were a few 'jaw dropping' moments yesterday.. but for ME (MOO) the moment that stuck with me.. and I really hope the jury picked up on it.. was when he exposed her STALKING tendencies. We've all heard TA's friends talk about her stalking but when Juan asked her about standing there watching Travis and the girl, there at the back door... the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I was totally creeped out! AND she admitted it!!! AND the other thing that stayed with me was when Juan asked her about going to see Ryan Burns AFTER she killed Travis and she made the statement "I'm single" AFTER she just brutally murdered Travis and LEFT him there in the shower!!

ITA! Also she wants the jury to not believe their own eyes!!!

I may be in the minority here on this. I actually think the defense is doing everything they need to to keep their client from receiving the DP. I do not think Nurmi likes JA at all as she has also lied to him and made his job more difficult. I think Willmott may have more compassion for JA, however as I have watched Nurmi, I do not believe he does. I think he is just doing his job to the best of his ability. I know he has been subject of ridicule and I agree with some of what has been said here. He is dealing with a sociopathic client who has BS'd everybody and it can't be easy. I know we jokingly bash him for the types of clients he represents in his private practice. What I find horrific is that there is actually a NEED for legal representation for sex crimes that I would imagine the majority of which have been perpetrated on children. As I have posted here before, I had a need to consult with a defense attorney here where I live for my daughter. I wanted the best in town just in case...fortunately, she did not need his services. I am a victim's advocate at heart without question. I just think sometimes the defense lawyer "bashing" goes a bit far. I prefer to keep my "hatred" on the murderer, not on those who have been roped in to defend her. Respectfully, IMO.

Criminal defense lawyers are the scum of the earth...until you need one.

Just out of curiousity. Will the sales of poprocks and tootsie pops go up or down based on testimony? :waitasec:

We could all enjoy them at an online post-sentencing party...along w/ Starbucks strawberry drinks, I'm sensing a theme...

Aaah, but the domestic violence expert is going to say, yes she said she could walk away -- but she couldn't! She thought she was doing things voluntarily -- but whe wasn't! She's a textbook case! Classic!

That's always assuming the DT is dumb enough to continue with the "battered woman" defense at this point. Not sure what else they have. Pretty sure it's too late for an insanity defense.

She should have went with "I am a psychopath who killed Travis in a rage. Spare me the needle"

Aaah, but the domestic violence expert is going to say, yes she said she could walk away -- but she couldn't! She thought she was doing things voluntarily -- but whe wasn't! She's a textbook case! Classic!

That's always assuming the DT is dumb enough to continue with the "battered woman" defense at this point. Not sure what else they have. Pretty sure it's too late for an insanity defense.

After all of Arias' lies, maybe Ms. LaViolette will refuse to testify.

I hope the jury is smarter than the media gives them credit for. Jodi has been made to look mousy for weeks... She wasn't mousy or acting like a 'victim of domestic violence' while on the stand yesterday. She is making a mockery of anyone who has ever dealt with domestic violence. Anyone who's ever known anyone who's been in that type of situation/relationship they don't 'bow up' like Jodi did yesterday. They can't help but cower when someone raises their voice or seems to be 'confrontational' toward them. Jodi stood up to Mr Martinez. She cant help but show her true colors... MOO

You can fool some of the people some of the time... but you can't fool all of the people.. all of the time.

BBM: That was me for 18 years from the time I was 13 until I was 31. I'm now 33 so really only 2 years of not dealing with Domestic Violence!
You are very correct

I love how Nurmi files this petition after the first day of cross examination.

Hope the denail ruined Jodi's weekend in jail.

According to Beth on IS, they actually filed the claim the day she got on the stand to testify that the gun shot was first.
Must have just been processing until now.

Maybe her attorneys are just thinking ahead for her appeals after she is declared GUILTY. GUILTY, GUILTY.
The girl is toast.

IMO, re-watching yesterday's testimony, unlike any day of the "Vagina Monologues" (JVM quip), was actually well worth while. More details sunk in, and at the same time, its easier to see the bigger picture.

Both sides are simultaneously litigating both the a core case AND the death penalty. The defense built its sand castle case of sex sex sex destroy Travis sex sex sex showcasing a meek sad defendant who said sorry a whole lot and who could, with luck, be recognizable as a fellow human being who made big mistakes yes, but someone who one could sympathize with and thus, a person who should not be put to death.

Juan is not looking simply to have the sociopath found guilty-- he would have accepted her 2nd degree plea way back when if that is all he wanted. He is determined to have her found guilty of premeditated 1st degree murder and put to death.

Juan has an embarrassment of riches --mountains of lies-when it comes to impeaching the defendant. Given that he does, he can pick and choose which ones work best to obliterate her credibility and which ones are "throw-aways," (such as the pop rocks and tootsie pops thing) used not so much to impeach her- no worries there- but to destroy any vestige of sympathy the jury might feel for her so that they will opt for the DP when it gets that far.

Yesterday focused largely on those strategic throw-aways. Example: IMO, he was perfectly in control while appearing to be out of control on the tootsie pop and when do you choose to remember things line of questioning. He knew that the defendant would delight in her belief that she was not only in control but that she had the power to make HIM lose control.

He was 100% correct. Witness her smirks and smiles and cockiness and put downs, etc. Lost in the illusion that she was in control, she revealed her real self all by herself, in a way that no line of questioning could possibly have achieved, given her ready lies. Herself was not only unsympathetic and unlikable, it was also direct testimony about the big lie that she would EVER allow herself to be a victim of any kind. Two birds in one. A liar and a person who richly deserves the DP. In the last hour or so, IMO, he began to lay foundations for at least one line of knock-out impeachment.

He truly is a master at this. Go, Juan go.

Wow, this is an excellent post. I hadn't really thought about them litigating two things at once like that. I agree that JM has a good strategy. I don't find what he's doing confusing at all, really. It's like a chess game. He's looking several moves ahead and we have to be as well. His anger really surprised me at first, but I think (1) he's doing this for Travis' family & for the jurors, and (2) he's getting exactly the reaction he wants from her. Sarcastic, superior, arrogant, and ANYTHING but poor little Jodi.

Snipped By Me ::

I would love more info regarding the jury.
Since Sequestered are they looked in a hotel somewhere ?
Do they go home each night ?
Make sure not to talk to anyone and when you are getting gas and people next to are talking about the case do you cover your ears ?

Jurors are not sequestered. I don't know if they will be during deliberations tho??? The admonitions are to not seek information. Jurors are just expected to remove themselves if they are exposed to news of any kind.

When the Beluga Whale migrates do bathing suit sales go up :floorlaugh:

:giggle:

I haven't caught up . . .

does it make it any less heinous or aggravating that she stabbed him 27 times and attempted to remove his head (in one fell swoop) AFTER she shot him???????

Before or After . . . . either way - she was Aggravated @ TA when she killed him 3 times . . . . up close, personal, and he was naked!

I've been curious about that myself.

Sales by adults for children will drop sharply and probably have already. If sales go up to other audiences it will be followed proportionately by increased sales of certain anti-fungal and anti-bacterial preparations and calls to places like telehealth IMO. Oh my. :floorlaugh:

:giggle:

And rather than flee down the hall and out the door to save her life, her instinct was to run into the closet to search for a lethal weapon the homeowner never owned. She had boo boo on her finger though. That counts right?

Vinnie Politan said he could see her shooting her spidey web to get the gun. :floorlaugh:

i've never understood this. he was mutilated. that's not heinous? he had defensive wounds. that's not cruel? HOW can that even be questioned?

even if she shot him first, he wasn't dead and obviously suffered because he tried to fend off that knife as she stabbed him. honestly, how can they argue that?????

I agree.

Mods: Where isthe post of the court watchers? Thank you.

here ya go :)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199553"]A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

What's really scary is that there may be hundreds if not thousands of Arias clones running loose in the world and not getting the help they desperately need.

I believe one of the reasons Mr.Martinez brought this up was to show that she wasn't afraid of men as she claims. She slept there overnight alone with two men.

See, I'm not sure everybody caught that. For dummies like me, and possible jurors, I sure wish some things were made to be more clear.
Lots of dots to connect, and some may just not do the work to make it come together.

sigh

I believe one of the reasons Mr.Martinez brought this up was to show that she wasn't afraid of men as she claims. She slept there overnight alone with two men.

Agreed. luv. But JA proved that all too well herself yesterday on the stand. If there's any man who would be intimidating, it would be the spitfire prosecutor who has a sterling record/conviction rate, is brilliant and aggressive in the courtroom, knows more than you, is dead set on convicting you and ending your life.

JA pretends to be timid or intimidated when she thinks it's to her advantage. I don't believe she understands the actual feeling, just tries to mimic the gestures/tone of voice of what she's observed in others. Love is equally foreign to her imv.

Men are tools to use for personal gain - anything from attention to pirating their lives/lifestyles and 'things' and making it hers. They don't intimidate her in the least, imv.

Beyond her primary obsession, (herself) I believe her only objectives are: power, control, superiority, revenge and punishing those who she thinks have somehow embarrassed, insulted or somehow undermined her "image/reputation".

What an ugly shell of a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member