Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi Arias Trial - Day 20 - Part 3 - YouTube

around 30 here is where arias says travis ripped pages out of her journal and wouldn't let her write anything negative d/t "the laws of atraction" theory

She also said in that portion that she never said anything negative about Travis ever to anyone except one time to Matt.

Of course, she later testified that she called her father and was crying to him about seeing Travis kissing another girl when she was stalking him after they broke up

I do hope you never have the opportunity to find out what you would do in this situation.

Thank you and I have been in more than a few life situations in my younger and crazy years. Youth do feel invincible, I know I sure did. Use to jump out of windows at house parties when shooting would break out, heck use to attend lots of places where shooting would erupt only to find myself back at the same places the following weeks, yeah not very bright but the excitement lured me back.

Thank goodness I have changed in my adulthood and would not want for a second, either of my children to go through the same when they are older(4&8).

I'm a "disbeliever" in the "he was shot first" theory.

Before slitting Travis' right jugular vein and right carotid artery, Travis only had one potentially lethal stab wound. This was the deeper stab to his right chest causing a hemothorax (created a hole in his lung which begin to fill with blood). Once Jodi penetrated his right lung, Travis began to experience an extreme shortage of air and he began coughing profusely. He was no longer able to successfully defend himself.

As Travis was gasping for breath and coughing up blood everywhere, Jodi stabbed him repeatedly, but she only penetrated muscle (the autopsy stated the wounds were not greater than 1.5 inches depth).

As Travis crawled down the hall, Jodi mounted him and slit his throat. This would not have immediately killed Travis though. He would have continued to gurgle and sputter for air until his circulatory system failed. This could have taken a few minutes. Jodi pulled Travis back into the shower where Travis gurgled and gasped until Jodi shot him in the head. :(

(The blood all over the walls is from Travis' hemothorax and the coughing.)

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I agree with your account after he was injured in the chest.

HOWEVER====
Try to simulate the following!!!

Put a person/ proxy victim into a small shower stall. Have the person sit in a crouched position. The victim is facing forward, TA right shoulder presented to the bystander. JA if standing is looking DOWN on TA. If JA is crouched she looks horizontally at TA.

Then simulate what you think JA did at this juncture.
JA had a camera in one hand. JA was LEFT HANDED. We assume she was standing. It would have been very difficult for JA to deliver effective knife thrusts while she was in a sitting or crouched position.

If the attacker begins a knife attack on a person sitting in the shower stall assume the attack is with the RIGHT HAND - the trajectory of the wounds are downward!!!!
JA chest wounds WERE NOT DOWNWARD AT ALL.
Indeed the trajectory of all his chest wounds were horizontal if not slightly UPWARD.!!! (Correct me if I am wrong on this account)

Now try to attack the sitting victim with your LEFT HAND.
This attack is awkward at best. To get energy enough to penetrate the anterior chest with a LEFT HANDED approach the arm has to cocked/ flexed at the elbow and the thrust is delivered by the FOREARM - NOT the entire arm. This awkward thrust could easily be blocked by TA. This thrust would carry very little kinetic energy. AND STILL such a wound even if landed would have a DOWNWARD trajectory.

QUESTIONS FOR THE STAB FIRST THEORISTS:

IF JA stabbed TA first AND TA was in the shower stall EXPLAIN the forensic evidence!!!!

How could JA deliver lethal blows to TA anterior as well as lower anterior chest with her LEFT HAND and while she is standing crouching or whatever at the shower stall edge???

How could such wounds be HORIZONTAL AND AIMED SLIGHTLY DOWNWARD???

One of Jodi's stab wounds was not superficial and made it through his pectoral muscle and ribs. This stab punctured his right lung. Once this happened, Travis was unable to fight a knife-wielding woman. He was too busy coughing up blood, gasping for air, and experiencing excruciating pain.

Plus the ME stated that there was no bruising around the wound in his head which would be there if he had been shot first. jmo

Travis could have done that, after, I assume, he asked her to leave.

MOO

I have always thought that Travis stripped his own bed and put his sheets in the washer, then dryer.

The furniture (iIrc) was displaced in such a way that I also assumed that Travis had begun cleaning his house before getting in the shower. The vacuum cleaner or 'floor cleaner' was found in the middle of his living room, I believe, adding to this theory imv.

Travis was a tidy guy, that seems pretty clear. I do not believe JA would do any cleaning chores when Travis (or anyone else) was home, because I think it was merely a vehicle for in-house snooping/surveillance... there would be no benefit for her otherwise.

Setting aside, for a moment, conversation/emotion - mainly because I have several ideas on that but focusing on logistics for this post:

I think they got out of bed for the last time that afternoon, and Travis put the sheets/bedding in the wash and began to clean his house - while JA appeared to be leaving or preparing to leave shortly. Travis then got into the shower (leaving sweaty black t-shirt and shorts on the bathroom floor) after having seen JA to the door (only she came right back - or perhaps never left, making up some excuse) only to, shortly thereafter, find JA (uninvited) snapping pictures of him in the shower, completely unaware (or more likely unconcerned, even self-satisfied) of how rude and invasive such behaviour is.

I think the towels and clothes found in the washer (at least some of them) were bloody, and JA washed them - ruining the colored items with bleach in hopes of removing blood - something a person just doing a normal load of dark/black clothes and rust/rose towels - would not do.

I think she used the towels and clothes (discarded on the bathroom floor by Travis upon getting in the shower) some of which got bloody from the murder, others used by JA to walk/stand on, keeping her feet clean while getting through the hall (and eliminating any shoe/foot prints in the process), from which she would then jump off of to the clean carpet - in the bedroom or closet perhaps after putting on clean (non-bloody) socks to wear from the bedroom to the washing machine. I think she piled the bloody items just beyond the bathroom hall on the carpet that appears smudged.

She scooped up these items in a clean towel (or other item that she took with her) to contain any blood (that was likely absorbed into the cloth and wouldn't drip) and the camera (after deleting the photos) dousing all with bleach. I think the socks and undergarments may have already been put in the washer by Travis, intending to wash them once he had enough for a full load.

I think JA showered in the shower either standing on or straddling Travis. The shower was already bloody, I don't think she'd want to risk leaving evidence in a first floor shower or the master bathtub. I think she may have rinsed the walls of the shower with the cup. ETA: Then again, if the master bathtub was spotless and free of blood... it seems unlikely that no spatter, even a little, would hit the tub, so she may have used it and meticulously cleaned it afterwards, but the shower was there and I think she chose the fastest, shortest way to get done and get out, so while possible I think it's unlikely...

I think the camera was put in the wash intentionally in an attempt to destroy it. If it was 'caught up' in the bed linens, it would have been found in the dryer with the bed linens. And I don't believe the items in the washer were large enough individually for a bulky camera to get caught in a shirt or towel unnoticed. The load wasn't big enough for that either. It likely made a racket clanging around in there. Something one would investigate unless they put it there deliberately.

Just a few theories... :) What can I say, I love to play with my brain. Feel free to point out any glaring holes in my ideas - I'm sure there are many.

I will admit that I was a bit confused during JM's cross, partly because I am new to the case, and also because it was a bit disjointed; BUT, with the knowledge that this man has been doing his job for a very long time - and has done it well, based upon his record - it's hard to say that he doesn't know what he is doing. It is easy for us to question his strategy when we don't really know it. lol. Even if we get the gist of it, we don't fully know his plan for JA.

IMO, Thursday seemed like his time to size her up, to see how she would react to certain things. The whole, "when men like you and Travis," comment, imo, made her look bad and gave the jurors a chance to see that she isn't really scared of men the way she claims. (Or, is it common for women to laugh after claiming the loud voice of men scrambles their brain?)

If his cross examination is the same as it was Thursday, throughout his entire cross, and if he doesn't manage to tie it all together in a way that ppl can understand, THEN we can say that he failed or had some major missteps. I just doubt that he will let this get away from him, and I think that a week from now we will be sitting here praising his strategy. :twocents:
Agreed and very well said.

I will admit that I was a bit confused during JM's cross, partly because I am new to the case, and also because it was a bit disjointed; BUT, with the knowledge that this man has been doing his job for a very long time - and has done it well, based upon his record - it's hard to say that he doesn't know what he is doing. It is easy for us to question his strategy when we don't really know it. lol. Even if we get the gist of it, we don't fully know his plan for JA.

IMO, Thursday seemed like his time to size her up, to see how she would react to certain things. The whole, "when men like you and Travis," comment, imo, made her look bad and gave the jurors a chance to see that she isn't really scared of men the way she claims. (Or, is it common for women to laugh after claiming the loud voice of men scrambles their brain?)

If his cross examination is the same as it was Thursday, throughout his entire cross, and if he doesn't manage to tie it all together in a way that ppl can understand, THEN we can say that he failed or had some major missteps. I just doubt that he will let this get away from him, and I think that a week from now we will be sitting here praising his strategy. :twocents:

I've been following all along and haven't missed a day of court yet. I'm sure ill understand as soon as he's finished. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She also said in that portion that she never said anything negative about Travis ever to anyone except one time to Matt.

Of course, she later testified that she called her father and was crying to him about seeing Travis kissing another girl when she was stalking him after they broke up

I cannot for the life of me imagine a twenty something year old woman calling her daddy to cry to him about seeing her love interest kissing another woman. Looks like she never progressed past jr. high mentally. :what: I have noticed other things that have shown that she was very immature in so many ways.

JM "You missed Lonnie's baptism because you were having a Tootsie Pop placed somewhere, right?"

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!!!

It was PLACED somewhere??? In her lady bits?

I missed that day of testimony and just assumed they ate the candy!

I guess I missed her saying Travis ripped pages out of her journal.

You must have dozed off during direct. Hey, it happens to the best of us. Pssst.....I didn't hear it either, but don't let it get around. jmo

I'm a "disbeliever" in the "he was shot first" theory.

Before slitting Travis' right jugular vein and right carotid artery, Travis only had one potentially lethal stab wound. This was the deeper stab to his right chest causing a hemothorax (created a hole in his lung which begin to fill with blood). Once Jodi penetrated his right lung, Travis began to experience an extreme shortage of air and he began coughing profusely. He was no longer able to successfully defend himself.

As Travis was gasping for breath and coughing up blood everywhere, Jodi stabbed him repeatedly, but she only penetrated muscle (the autopsy stated the wounds were not greater than 1.5 inches depth).

As Travis crawled down the hall, Jodi mounted him and slit his throat. This would not have immediately killed Travis though. He would have continued to gurgle and sputter for air until his circulatory system failed. This could have taken a few minutes. Jodi pulled Travis back into the shower where Travis gurgled and gasped until Jodi shot him in the head. :(

(The blood all over the walls is from Travis' hemothorax and the coughing.)

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

BBM - she would have to have shot him before she put him in the shower as the entry wound was on TA's other side that was facing the back of the shower.

The whole Hoover Dam thing registers on my hinky meter...surely they have cams there....

Yep. I remember spending a day out there with my dh one year and it's a big deal, with memorials, information center and gift shop. I can't imagine they don't have surveillance all over. Not to mention that it supplies power to so many people. After 911 I don't see how you could expect to do much of anything there without being seen.

ITA and I think she watches a lot of movies and gets her ideas from there.. I forget the last movie I saw with a stabbing scene but they usually get stabbing in the midsection and quickly keel over or at least don't do much struggling. I think JA had no idea how difficult it was going to be and how much of a fight TA would put up..
MOO :)
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Ya, I saw Side Effects last week and a woman just walks up to a man with a knife and it just goes into his belly with no effort at all (of course it is a movie, but it reminded quickly of Jodi and I wondered if there was any truth to it - it seemed so effortless and the victim was just shocked. And then she kept doing it and he tried to get away but died).

And don't forget Rachel, who she told about the great sex they were having..

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!!!

It was PLACED somewhere??? In her lady bits?

I missed that day of testimony and just assumed they ate the candy!

Snap out of it. LOL This is Jodi speaking. She never mentions this in her journal, nor in the phone conversation. Only the bubblebath is mentioned on the tape. He wouldn't kiss her after her giving him oral sex so what do we think. She probably made it up. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKGunK