jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The state does not want them admitted.....after reading their argument which was lengthy IMO it is almost like they acknowledge them to be true,

Herein lies the problem from what I see, Jodi does not have original and will not disclose who sent them to her electronically...It almost seems like the state does acknowledge that these are indeed letters written by Travis but in their opinion will not help Jodi in self defense and would further tarnish Travis reputation. In them Travis allegedly describes fantasy or prior activities that he could have been arrested for, however since there was no charges the state does not want them in.

They are also worried that his writings could have been doctored.

I do not think they will get in unless they are able to provide originals or at least how they came into Jodi's possession.

Hi Manzana - is the brief filed yesterday available somewhere. I'd like to read it. TIA!

Ya know what??? This chick makes me so crazy, I can't even think anymore, LOL. It DOES say letters, you're probably TOTALLY right on this. I'm guessing if it were emails, they might have said emails.

I don't know why they don't just move on with these letters!! LOL

I was wondering...JM was questioning JA about the court date on Aug 4th. IIRC, that's the time when JA wanted to get the fake letters in.
Then the whole thing about them being forged, yada, yada. So they weren't allowed.

Now, I'm wondering. Since JM opened up the door to that date AND the reason for the proceedings on that date - which was the fake letters - perhaps NOW the state wants to make SURE they don't come in because the door was opened about what the proceedings were about??

I don't think I'm even making sense anymore. Sorry.

I got it. That is entirely possible.

She is currently unemployed as are many Americans. She was talking about a job interview she'd just had the day I met her. She's been open about her dream to get back in to some kind of journalism as this is what her degree is in. She's worked in journalism before, has been a host on some kind of local TV show, has worked on political campaigns and her dream was to once become a prosecutor so she's been talking to Beth etc. about going back to law school.

Like many people being unemployed I imagine she has some kind of savings or support to help her through this period. She is by no means "lazy" or anything like that.

She is very interested in this trial, very concerned about the victim's family and Dr. Drew has taken an interest in her (I mean as a court watcher) so made her his regular Dr. Drew's Juror. He could switch among different viewers daily but as his producer told me "he really likes her perspective". She's still juggling her search for employment with this incredible opportunity to be involved, on TV, with her huge passion. She's been watching trials, like many of us have, on her own for a long time.

I personally think she has a natural poise on Dr. Drew. I was a nervous wreck sitting next to her but she's just naturally comfortable and it shows.

She turned 27 last week.

And she joined Websleuths this week and is going to post (I think) on the court observer thread.

I hope posts like this don't scare her away. She talked about, having read some snarky posts on here about her after joining, that she'd have to develop a thick skin. I assured her the moderators wouldn't allow people to jump her here.

How about we consider she is using this unfortunate period of her life being unemployed to be doing a service by getting up at 5am every day to get to the court to get in line with everyone else to navigate the fruits and nuts who also show up, in order to get in there and at least for one reason to "report" back what she's seeing in there. And she is definitely in the camp of the prosecution and being she's not a professional journalist, like the rest of us Joe Nobody court watchers, has the privilege to show her bias.

Everyone who meets katie in court, that I've interacted with directly, likes her. She's a sweet gal. Unlike me, she's nice to everyone in there.

I can see where she might push people's buttons because she's opinionated, outspoken and drop dead gorgeous.

GM Katie..

I'm excited for the TOK to join/post.. Have you hooked her up with Troy yet??? BTW she go to Cronkite School? My old boss used to be News Editor at couple stations in town... it can be hard biz to get into!

I am bewildered by something: this woman planned the trip to murder TA with such specificity so as to cover her tracks: gas cans, rented car, no receipts from AZ, visiting Ryan thus setting up her alibi...and yet after having 4+ years to prepare for the trial, her stories are so ridiculous that they are beyond belief.

What explains her stupidity?

I believe in her sick little mind she is proud of her stories and her lies and how quick she is to come up with her lies. In her mind she is doing a great job and no matter what JM does or says she will out smart and out wit him JMO

Ya know what??? This chick makes me so crazy, I can't even think anymore, LOL. It DOES say letters, you're probably TOTALLY right on this. I'm guessing if it were emails, they might have said emails.

I don't know why they don't just move on with these letters!! LOL

I was wondering...JM was questioning JA about the court date on Aug 4th. IIRC, that's the time when JA wanted to get the fake letters in.
Then the whole thing about them being forged, yada, yada. So they weren't allowed.

Now, I'm wondering. Since JM opened up the door to that date AND the reason for the proceedings on that date - which was the fake letters - perhaps NOW the state wants to make SURE they don't come in because the door was opened about what the proceedings were about??

I don't think I'm even making sense anymore. Sorry.

You are...I'm thinking it all boils down to those magazines and MM....jmo And the "betrayal" of MM

beth just said JM had to have a good faith basis for saying to JA yesterday that MM had been asked about her strangulation and didn't remember it at all. makes me wonder if JM is going to call MM for that question after all.

beth just said JM had to have a good faith basis for saying to JA yesterday that MM had been asked about her strangulation and didn't remember it at all. makes me wonder if JM is going to call MM for that question after all.

I said this yesterday...there is something about MM---

The letters are hand-written but they were sent to JA electronically while she was in prison or some such time by an unknown person.

WTH? Who would have transcribed them and sent them to her? This just keeps getting deeper. BS I think. Hope they stay out.

I told her when she gets famous I hope she remembers I was sitting right there next to her the first time Dr.D's producer approached her. I know I will always remember it!

Well she is going to have a spectacular reel of her on DD. It's like she's doing a nationwide job interview every night.

I believe in her sick little mind she is proud of her stories and her lies and how quick she is to come up with her lies. In her mind she is doing a great job and no matter what JM does or says she will out smart and out wit him JMO

And she believes them, or that her take is just as valid as any other. That is how psychopaths pass polygraphs. That and their total lack of conscience, which prevents them from feeling anxiety, which keeps them cool and collected no matter what.

I believe this is what happened with them. If I have anything wrong somebody who knows more please correct me.

It appears that Jodi had a friend (most here seem to believe it was MM) create some letters to Jodi from TA that proved he was a pedophile. These letters surfaced after Jodi took over her own defense, but had lawyers behind her helping her. They started having a hearing on the admissibility of these letters. I believe the prosecution contended they were not from TA. Halfway through the hearing the defense withdrew the letters and said they wouldn't try to admit them.

Someone said here (I think I know who, but I want to be 100% sure.) that they thought it was strange that the defense tried to admit them and then withdrew them halfway through the evidentiary hearing. This person believes that the defense lawyers working with her discovered that the letters had actually been forged and due to law had to withdraw them. Soon after this Jodi said she was in over her head and decided to let her council take over the case.

Her mother walked into the offices of the National Enquirer after they were deemed inadmissible. She begged them to put them in the paper because they were her daughter's last chance. The NE refused to run them.

That's how I remember it. Again, if anyone can support or correct me, I'd appreciate it.

Your recollection sounds correct, but WOW...did her mother really say they were her daughters last chance? Did she know they were forged at the time or just not care?

They won't come in for defense as the judge has ruled on them to keep them out. However, it appears Matt had written them for Jodi according to reports recently. This is why JM is asking Jodi about Matt betraying her. It appears JM is letting Jodi know they already know who wrote those letters and the fact that the magazines are in confirms it. She clearly was sending him a message that he messed up with his interview with her attorney.

What I do not understand is that there was a hearing and the magazines were there and in evidence at that hearing so why is it that Nurmi acts as if he has never seen them? There is more to the story. We just have not heard it all yet. jmo

I am not getting this MM situation. Maybe someone can lay it out for me in simple terms.

What was the message about in the magazine? That is, what did MM say to her lawyers that contradicted what she had been saying for a year?

Was it about the supposed bruises? That she said MM would confirm one of the abuse incidents, and he told the lawyers he never saw bruises on her?

Or was it related to the forged letters?

i don't think they're true, but they're inflammatory and prejudicial. that's what i read in the state's reasoning. i read somewhere else that an FBI expert said they weren't real and HER OWN attorneys withdrew them, so that says to me they knew they were false. i wish i could find where we covered this but i can't.

and in all this time she never produced originals-----hmmmm....wonder why?

minor4th understood the issue and explained it well.

Did you read the argument from state 2-25-2013?

It all has to do with Travis' journals which he did write and we know he wrote a lot. Somehow Skye Hughes got hold of the Journals at one point, she even sent off disparaging emails regarding Travis....apparently it is ten letters and the state wants to know what will be entered from those.

Hey, do y'all think God will take the stand today?

God knows all and sees all. I sure wish he was on the prosecution list. For sure I would believe what he had to say. Plus I would love to see the look on Jodi's face when he tells her what a wonderful guy Travis is.
Unfortunately I think the wrong guy is sitting next to Jodi and his name is "Devil".

Okay, new game. There I certain words that when I hear them I immediately think of JA, how about you? Mine are:

Spun around and screaming

Wanna play?

That's right

That's correct

I'm not saying that

Of Course Not

officially

compelling ("He was very compelling.")

previous ("No, I didn't go there previous.")

courting ("He was still courting me.")

palmed ("He palmed the door frame.") Is this a UFC thing? I've never heard palmed used that way, er, previous.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

lol! :floorlaugh:

I know we are all nervous and excited watching the trial. But I am not getting anything done at home! I have to watch the clock and try to fit everything in. LOL. Not good. Only trial I ever watched was Scott Peterson and Case Anthony. After CA, I said never again would I have faith in jurors. So we will see.

I have my mind made up. They could shut everything down today. I have no questions for the Liar. I would vote to convict. I feel certain some of the jurors feel the way I do.

By that same token, wouldn't Travis' texts (and possibly emails) which contained negative stuff towards her be a violation of the "laws of attraction"? If so, would this not debunk her story about the "laws" and Travis' theory about them?

I'm not sure it works that way. It's a process of thinking, writing or saying positive thoughts such as seeing yourself as a success. Positive affirmations. You need to maintain a positive attitude, which Travis did according to friends and family. However, enter Jodi into his life and he is trying to change her ways and she ends up changing his. He is trying to get back on track and she keeps dangling that carrot, won't give up to the point he can't even date someone without finding her there when he gets home. She was obsessed with him to the point where the only way she could win was to take his life. Now she feels she owns him and because he is such a good person he will forgive her once she dies and they are together again. She has no soul. She's not going where Travis is. jmo

You're probably right...she believes she is the smartest person in the room. She actually thinks she has the ability to talk her way out of anything. Interrogation with no attorney, multiple media interviews, spouting her depraved nonsense for 8 days on direct, etc. I suppose, in her mind, if you say something over and over, in a tiny voice, 12 intelligent people will believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member