jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 11TH DAY #57 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a different situation when a pre-trial detainee is actually in trial. It is very taxing and I think proper nutrition is important, irrespective of the jail's policies the rest of the time.

After all we want Jodi at her best -- we want her to be convicted fairly and righteously, without any excuses for getting brain scrambled due to insufficient nutrition.
The rules of the jail are for everyone, not just JA. If she wants to eat while she is at the courthouse, she is required to bring something from her "brunch".

I don't have any sympathy for her. If the rule was 3 meals and the jail wasn't supplying her with lunch, as Nurmi stated in court, then it would be wrong. The jail is treating her as they would any other inmate. She is not special. If they treat her different, then the other inmates would be complaining.

Rules=Rules. This is something JA doesn't think applies to her. JMO

I do want her to get a fair trial, just not special treatment.

Well at least we get to talk about another part of JA's anatomy for a change.

The married woman that Jodi named in court today as already responded on Radar online, calling Jodi a liar.

I wasn't sure if I could link it here, but thought I would give you a heads up.

It's alright for you to post the link, it was already posted earlier today.

She'll also be on JVM tonight.

The married woman that Jodi named in court today as already responded on Radar online, calling Jodi a liar.

I wasn't sure if I could link it here, but thought I would give you a heads up.

PETERSEN: "He was upset about it, but it was just kind of crazy. He would -- she hacked some e-mails between he and I, and I was married and moved on with my life and so they weren`t inappropriate e-mails by any means. We were just two friends that kept in touch after he moved, and, you know, she was very jealous, very jealous of these e-mails that he would -- you know, he and I sent back and forth occasionally."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/24/ng.01.html

Mark my words. Once she's convicted and sentenced to death, this afternoon's testimony will be appealed. They will say the testimony she gave basically agreeing with the State that she was consensual in the sexual relationship and not abused or manipulated was based on her having a migraine and not getting enough calories thus rendering her confused.

that's what we have to look forward to in a few years.
I can't disgree. But, here, on this forum, the truth will show otherwise. We can't control for the future but we can record the truth now. Including the unethical, manipulative, sleazy reaches of the defence, recorded for the future.

The line of questioning re the KY was to disprove the myth that JA was this little faltering victim of Travis' sexual perversion. JA introduced it to HIM. As far as the rock picture, JM was trying to show that Travis wasnt that much taller than JA, therefore it wouldn't be impossible for her to overpower him, drag his body etc? JMO.

I would imagine TA was stronger than JA even though he was slightly taller. He was into MMA and had a punching bag and bragged about the size of his biceps and looked like he weighed more than she did. He looked rather pudgy in his Eddie Snell video. The height comparison was lost on me.

The rules of the jail are for everyone, not just JA. If she wants to eat while she is at the courthouse, she is required to bring something from her "brunch".

I don't have any sympathy for her. If the rule was 3 meals and the jail wasn't supplying her with lunch, as Nurmi stated in court, then it would be wrong. The jail is treating her as they would any other inmate. She is not special. If they treat her different, then the other inmates would be complaining.

Yes and since JA cannot seem to save any food for lunch then the jail is going to give her a much smaller sack and the rest will go to court with her, imo

Respectfully snipped: I was going to post that she's lying until I read this. I frankly think this is not good. They eat around 4:00 am and then not again until 6:00 pm? That could lead to appellate issues.

If it is practice with all inmates in Maricopa county to provide only two meals per day and for all inmates during their trial to be given meals at 4am, before leaving for court, and 6pm upon returning from court how could it lead to a successful appellate issue? Wouldn't that mean that every conviction in the county then should win on that appeal argument? I'm not saying they can't make it an appellate issue, but I'm asking if it could really be successful considering it's standard practice.

If I'm not mistaken when NG toured Jodi's jail didn't the sheriff say they don't do lunch.

I thought the inmate is offered 3 meals a day-they don't have to eat it. Correct me if i'm wrong legal eagles.

Attorney: Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s lunch and sleep policies interfering with judicial process .

“If they don’t like it, I would highly recommend not coming to jail,” said Sheriff Arpaio.

Now it is not the inmates complaining, but attorney Jason Gronski of the Maricopa County Public Defender’s office.

MORE AT LINK>>>

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Attorne...192389651.html

I would imagine TA was stronger than JA even though he was slightly taller. He was into MMA and had a punching bag and bragged about the size of his biceps and looked like he weighed more than she did. He looked rather pudgy in his Eddie Snell video. The height comparison was lost on me.

Don't forget she had the gun, or knife, or both. The height/size factor is more to address the ability to drag his body IMO

Well, I think it's fair to make sure she is at least given the opportunity to be properly nourished while she's in trial all day. I think pre-trial detainees who who have not yet been convicted, should be given 3 meals a day and should not be physically compromised when they are in trial defending themselves. I believe that about all defendants in trial, not just Jodi.

JA is supposed to innocent until proven guilty. Had she $$ she would be out on bail. I can see strict rules for convicted criminals but considering she has not been convicted yet, she should be fed. I have despised Arpaio for years now. Has nothing to do with his feeding rules toward JA.

I thInk if she had more money, her bail would have been even higher it was designed, IMO, to make it hard for her to make bail

Don't you think the date of that article 02/21/2013 is just a LITTLE too convenient gitana???? Especially considering that this trial has been going on for so long already and this issue has never been addressed until now?????

I thought that immediately. I think Nurmi may have read the artie last week and used it to interrupt a dangerous rhthym. Otherwise, how was she able to sit there glibly for weeks now, and testify for 9 days with no food. It's just suddenly a problem?

I'm confused. If the 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. are the regulated feeding times for the inmates, wouldn't EVERY single person on trial face this dilemma of being hungry?

I agree with the minority though that it does seem to be too long to go without food if you are on trial fighting for her life.

Newsflash - hunger affects her MEMORY!!! That's it!

ETA: I just read the article posted above from the AZ Central website and it looks like it is an issue for other inmates as well. Joe may want to rethink his policies.

Yes and I can see this being a factor in appeals. Arpaio is being stupid.

Can y'all even IMAGINE if Juan Martinez ever skipped ship and became a defense attorney? Holy molly

I say, give her a bottle of Tylenol and let her finish the job she procrastinated previously.

Since Arpaio doesn't like to spend money and often gets donations for jail items I would be more than happy to provide a bottle of Tylenol from Sam's Club for JA to take. MUCH cheaper than the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker