Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #43 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked as a donation coordinator for an eye and tissue bank, we had a case of an elderly man who died of a sudden heart attack in his mid 80's. His wife was 87 and she covered him with his favorite blanket kissed him goodbye and then went home and shot herself. She left a note saying she couldn't live a day without her beloved husband. Women do shoot themselves.

I think the point was women don't usually shoot themselves. Jodi was traveling through the desert in a car where she could have easily stuff a piece of clothing in the tailpipe and just gone to sleep. She had plenty of gas and plenty of clothes. Have to laugh because she said she bought a gun but in the second rental car was the gun she had hidden in the engine which tells me she was headed over the border or why would she need to hide it. She had a gun permit. And in her trunk were knives. So if the gun did not work to kill herself was she planning on stabbing herself to death???? jmo

In the legal section, I asked the attorneys if a person could claim self-defense and then "not remember" the murder.They said no because they ARE mutually exclusive.

Arias body language says she is lying. She shakes her head "no" after talking about not remembering the murder.

Also, I saw for the first time some real emotion. Her rabbit teeth showed in a grimace when she said her first memory after the murder was for herself--that HER life was over!

Unbelievable.

I agree. I think the gunshot came last.
I always believed that too. I thought the defense wanted to sway the jury that Travis hadn't suffered though...

That said, I now definitely believe the shot came last just because Jodi said it came first. :floorlaugh:

Frightening - yes. I would put my money on Jodi "winning" - after all Casey Anthony killed a small toddler, not a full grown man....

Well if you're talking about who would kill who then yes my money is on Jodi. I think Jodi could easily overtake Casey.

However if it's a "lie off" as suggested above my money is still on Casey. Casey is a far more sophisticated liar. Casey puts Jodi's lying capabilities to shame.

MAJOR FLAW...

Where's the rest of the ammo from Travis' house?

That is a good point but not necessarily true, I have a .380 and a .25 for back-up, both guns and extra clips are loaded but no extra boxes of ammo

Can someone help me out here? What is the significance of the closet? (I must have missed some evidence along the line or something.)

Something else she says doesn't make sense. She said she was holding the gun and he got low like a line backer and grabbed her waist. But before he did that as he was lunging at her the gun went off.

How is that even possible???? She is predicting him grab her waist before she shoots him? ***scratching head here***

Because it's a lie to try and explain the angle of the bullet in Travis' head. Of course she wasn't standing over him when she shot him silly...big bad wrestler Travis was lunging at her.

NO
IMO Travis did not touch her but do believe he yelled at her; Travis was the only one that had defensive wounds.
Did ya'll notice JA adding in another tale of dropping a glass in the kitchen sink at Travis' house is how she cut her fingers?
My gawd this girl cannot admit to stabbing him.. how can Juan question her now?

Nurmi got Jodi in and out of that crime scene fast didn't he? He spent far much more time on her sex life than he did on what she is really on trial for... the murder of Travis Alexander. :furious:

she doesn't want the dp or lwop, not even 2nd degree murder. they just said on insession, 2nd degree murder in arizona requires the intent to kill. she's claiming the gun went off and she didn't realize he was shot. oh gawd, the nerve. she expects to be acquited. it could be she had 2 piles of stuff to contend with, the stuff to put in the washer and stuff to take with her to hide, and she accidentally put the camera in the wrong pile, that's why it went in the washer. she probably bundled all the stuff to burn in a pillow case or some kind of casing and threw it in the fire and didn't realize the camera wasn't in there.

Get over to the new thread. I can't transport all of you at once and some will get left behind! :kimsterwink:

:beamup:

I think the point was women don't usually shoot themselves. Jodi was traveling through the desert in a car where she could have easily stuff a piece of clothing in the tailpipe and just gone to sleep. She had plenty of gas and plenty of clothes. Have to laugh because she said she bought a gun but in the second rental car was the gun she had hidden in the engine which tells me she was headed over the border or why would she need to hide it. She had a gun permit. And in her trunk were knives. So if the gun did not work to kill herself was she planning on stabbing herself to death???? jmo
LC...not that familiar with finding the gun and knives...is this true...they did find the weapons? TIA

The defense really wants the gunshot to be first. I still believe that she stabbed him first.

Yes is a tactic, DT has to attack all credibility of the witnesses and the ME is one of them...
Regardless, the photos show the crime and remember one of the juror questions to the female forensic expert (?forget her name) something like this...
Where was the most blood located throughout the scene?

As a Juror this might confuse me too.. gun or throat slash came first or last..? leaning more towards the most blood coming from the throat slash that ultimately ended his life.. but there still seems something missing from the 'self defense' part here, not enough explanation as to how JA snapped and she Never said until today that TA tried to 'kill her'.. :waitasec:

The defense really wants the gunshot to be first. I still believe that she stabbed him first.

Regardless of what came first -
JA claims she is in a struggle with TA AND the gun which she MIRACULOUSLY obtained in TA closet top shelf winds up in her hand, She is pointing the gun at TA. AND this gun somehow ACCIDENTLY discharged.
There is NO WAY JA and TA can struggle in a way the gunshot enters from his right proceeding in downward projection through his forehead.

Then with a gunshot to his head TA proceeds forward in a RAGE swearing at her.

Are you F______________ kidding me???

She said she took the rope and got rid of it. I think there was no rope...which means there was no knife already in the bathroom. I thought it sounded odd yesterday when she said her and travis rolled the rope out from the bedroom to the bathroom so he could cut it to tie her up. That sounds like way too much rope. AND he had a sleigh bed! I know there were bloody tassels found but could that have been from some towels or something else? And when cleaning up the crime scene why would she want to get rid of the rope? Doesn't make sense!

The rope she threw in a dumpster, the gun in the desert and I don't know if she stated where she put the clothes. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

For some reason they avoided discussing her clothes. She said her shoes were lost, and her hands were bloody. She used a bottle of water from her trunk to wash her hands (oh, another important detail she remembered in her confused, traumatic state - the water was from Cosco!! :waitasec:)

Well if you're taking about who would kill who then yes my money is on Jodi. I think Jodi could easily overtake Casey.

However if it's a "lie off" as suggested above my money is still on Casey. Casey is a far more sophisticated liar. Casey puts Jodi's lying capabilities to shame.
Agreed. Some researchers argue this is a key difference between a sociopath and a psychopath - disorganized vs. organized. I tend to lump them altogether with the title I find synonymous with evil incarnate though. ;)

I earnestly believe Casey won't kill again. Just as earnestly, I believe it's very likely Jodi could. She scares the bejeesus out of me on a psychological level. Something so dark, so black and rotting, so evil and depraved its like looking into an abyss. It gives me shivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89