jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment from Jeff Hughes (Chris' Hughes brother, of Juan's upcoming cross examination tomorrow:

Jeff Hughes Prayers for this righteous warrior
35 minutes ago · Unlike · 13

Itinerant high school dropout waitress is worried about her reputation?

Exactly! Twenty seven years old. Drop out. No college. Living with men since she was seventeen. Lost a house and a car. I've lost track of how many jobs she's had. It seems she always worked, which is great but if she wanted to chase some guy she would just quit and get a new job when she was done with her latest man, vacation, whatever....

Can't stand this. There has been no one to tell TA's side. :( All we have is the defendants. After re-watching some of her testimony today, I find myself wondering, for a moment if TA was abusive at times. Then I think he may have been worn out from her. Even so, I wonder how jury members may be feeling. I'll be glad when Juan gets his turn.

i am positively wetting myself in anticipation for tomorrow.

can see JM asking straight to the point questions and expecting yes/no answers or at least short answers no life story or silly unrelated details.

i get the feeling nurmi will be "attempting" to object to a lot of JM's questions...just me or does any one else see it? i think hes pizzed nurmi off

I think Nurmi will attempt to disrupt the flow. It's just going to be a thing of beauty with Juan. And we get to see it. He will destroy her.

Sorry, but as remarkable as her ability to recall the most minute and unimportant details has been prior to today, she had a sudden case of memory lapse.

Ahhh...another mystery solved, how much Jodi will remember. Oddly, enough its way more than I thought she would.

Kelly

Mods: When I go to post a reply and the door gets shut on my face at the end of a thread, it makes me feel really sad. It's definetly not the best part of my day.

Nobody has asked me how I feel in the last 10 minutes (Nurmi style) so I'm just going to volunteer how I feel randomly.

:couch: <----- Therapy couch "How does that make YOU feel?"
I feel your pain, you are not alone.

It's amazing how consistent sociopaths are, from all I've seen, in refusing to take the blame for virtually anything. They seem to have an external reason, excuse or cause for every negative thing they do. But, they are also the first to take credit for doing something positive, upstanding or good. I'm really curious as to what goes on in JA's brain in particular, compared to a "normal" brain when lying or becoming emotional or whatever. I know there is more to evilness than just brain activity, but scientifically I wonder what the differences would show, if any.
JMO

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Using fmri for lie detecting is the new frontier.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201211/sex-lies-and-the-brain

Also, there are genes that are common to some psychopaths
http://www.nature.com/embor/journal/v11/n9/full/embor2010122.html

and brain structure
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/07/psychopath-brain-structure-_n_1497753.html

I keep trying to picture myself in her position, & you know, I just can't (most normal people can't)-how can you kill someone you loved, how can you lie over & over, & after you're caught, how do you sign up for a frickin' tv show, & proclaim your innocence? Her level of denial & hubris is almost unmatched...

The most stunning thing to me is her ability to talk about it so coolly. She says she loved this guy and still does. Does she seem all broken up that he's dead? Sure doesn't to me.

Her only real tears today came talking about herself and her own funeral.

All of today's testimony can be summed up by one of dear Travis' texts: "You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You never cared about me and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure."

Bouquets of prayers and warm thoughts for Travis' family, and katiecoolady for being such a lovely representation, in a way, of us who can't be there in person to offer comfort and support.

Can't stand this. There has been no one to tell TA's side. :( All we have is the defendants. After re-watching some of her testimony today, I find myself wondering, for a moment if TA was abusive at times. Then I think he may have been worn out from her. Even so, I wonder how jury members may be feeling. I'll be glad when Juan gets his turn.

Juan will tell Travis's story. Keep the faith.

I keep trying to picture myself in her position, & you know, I just can't (most normal people can't)-how can you kill someone you loved, how can you lie over & over, & after you're caught, how do you sign up for a frickin' tv show, & proclaim your innocence? Her level of denial & hubris is almost unmatched...

I'm still dumbfounded about how she was able to carry on and show up for work on time. Yup, carry on at all. That murder was brutal.

I think he should and will be relatively brief. Hit the obvious high points pertaining to the planning and counter the "memory lapse" with the accidental and crime scene photos. Done.

I agree. I don't think he is going to even bother with the obvious, ridiculous lies, like the skater boys turning her license plate upside down, or her cell sitting in hot chocolate all night so she needed to borrow a new one, etc etc.

I think he goes straight to her description of his 'attack' on her, and the nonsensical explanation of how she retrieved the gun, climbing up into the cabinet while a crazed killer was 'running' after her. He was only a few feet away---so how did she get the stool, pull it over, climb up, find the gun, climb down, and point the gun at him, before he could stop her?

I hope this jury is a little more educated than those who were discharged in the Price/Hune trial today in the UK for 'incompetence'.

The jury had asked the judge questions about its basic duties after about 14 hours of deliberations and lengthy advice from him about how to assess the evidence.

The questions included seeking a definition of reaching a verdict "beyond reasonable doubt" - something the judge had given them in writing.

In another question, the jury asked if one of them could come to a verdict based on reasons that were not presented in court or supported by the evidence. A third question asked about Ms Pryce's religious convictions, even though this was not a matter in the trial. :banghead:

** read more **

Oh, ITA. I like Wendy Murphy. And the guy sitting next to her is a horse's :butthead:.

Yep, I understand that there is a need for defense attorneys but do they have to act like total dumb asses? Can they not admit when someone is so obviously guilty? Why do they feel the need to declare the person innocent even when they admit that they are guilty!!!!!

its annoying me what they were doing in chambers after they had finished. im nosey at the best of times but i need to know this :(

looking forward to katiecoos notes from today.

I just wanted to give you all a really good excuse for calling in sick tomorrow . . . .

Tell them you just cannot come in because you are having an EYE PROBLEM . . .

Folks . . . no breast milk or tea bags needed here . . . . . just tell them you absolutely cannot come in due to the eye problem you are suffering with. . .. .

you see - you can hold your head up high and not even have to lie about this . . . it is true . . . you are having an EYE PROBLEM when . . . . . . .

You just cannot see coming in to work/office/school/appointments/lunch/etc while Juan is taking Jodi on Cross!

Yep, I understand that there is a need for defense attorneys but do they have to act like total dumb asses? Can they not admit when someone is so obviously guilty? Why do they feel the need to declare the person innocent even when they admit that they are guilty!!!!!

Free advertising for their Firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member