jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! :greetings:

Hope it's okay to put this here... I've been lurking and reading for quite awhile and finally decided to join in. Just wanted to say I appreciate all of your intelligent, thoughtful (and wonderfully hilarious!) posts. I'm still getting caught up on the recent threads, and on yesterday's testimony, but today is the perfect day for me to be stuck in the house with plenty of time on my hands (blizzarding here in central Kansas) lol...

Bring it ON, Juan! I love the smell of a good cross examination in the morning! :woohoo:

I keep thinking about the theme that should be used in cross-examination ...and if it were my case (not that I'm second guessing Juan), I would keep hammering home the notion that Jodi has shown us that she will say literally anything to save her own a$$. Therefore, you cannot believe anything she says if it is in any way self-serving.

Yes, absolutely! But probably painfully slowly - more like sidebars, following a lot of explanation that will somehow manage to include boys underwear, her feelings, and no real answer to the question
Then JM asking the judge to limit her answers to yes and no, when she will say "i don't remember" many times.
Then finally a very frustrated JM asking her to read aloud from the police or medical examiner reports, receipts and other documents, to which she will add eplanations/opinions, or other comments., and JM repeatedly asking her to read what is written, without comment.

I picture the day ending when Mr. Martinez' head explodes!

Oh yeah Nurmi is going to be objecting like crazy and probably accusing Juan of badgering the witness...........it will backfire.......the jury knows how patient Juan has been throughout this entire testibaloney and has objected very little.

IMO

I just figured out the "mystery male" that dropped Jodi at the car rental place... her brother :wink:

I am rewatching testimony and she says that when she dropped the car off her SIL took her back home to her brother's house where she "left her car"

oceanblueeyes - you seem to know a lot about psychopaths. Don't you think Jodi is the perfect example? And what a treat to get to see one in action like this.

i still have time to call in to work.....but just in case does anyone know where on the Ustream app this is? just look up Jodi Arias or azfamily.....?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

on the Ustream app I type in azfamily.com in the search box. Then click on
the icon that says "live".
Another app I use is wild about trial, but lately it's been flakey, at least for me.

i think it would be a huge mistake not to cross examine her. it's his one chance to ask her questions. it's rare for a prosecutor to get this opportunity and he must use it to nail down his case against her.

Juan must cross her. He has to execute her.

There could still be a P-12 type juror that believes some of her lies. All they need is one dingaling to identify with her being "abused" because they were hit by their mother with a wooden spoon when they were five.

Juan to Jodi, "Let's go baaack to your early childhood, did you know you were a lunatic then? Well, tell us, how did that make you feel?"

Cryin laffin :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hi Everyone! :greetings:

Hope it's okay to put this here... I've been lurking and reading for quite awhile and finally decided to join in. Just wanted to say I appreciate all of your intelligent, thoughtful (and wonderfully hilarious!) posts. I'm still getting caught up on the recent threads, and on yesterday's testimony, but today is the perfect day for me to be stuck in the house with plenty of time on my hands (blizzarding here in central Kansas) lol...

Bring it ON, Juan! I love the smell of a good cross examination in the morning! :woohoo:

Welcome!:seeya:

watching the replay of her testimony yesterday. she goes to travis house at 11pm to go in his garage and look for her social security card that she needs to apply for a job. saw him making out with a girl from outside. ran off cried called her dad went back i read stalking behavior in this.

I am so glad we won't have to listen to the details of her sex escapades today. I really believe Nurmi was getting his kicks hearing about them over and over and over. I feel so bad for her family having to listen to this over and over and over. How could her mom and aunt sit there and listen to this? I would have been so humiliated thinking this animal was related to me in any fashion, I would have had to wear a paper bag over my head.

By the bye, seems like dear Matt has gone out of favour for some reason. Did you catch her sneaky little comment that, when getting ready to leave town before her arrest, she was packing boxes of books from Matt's house that she had for years? Hmm! That's where the knives came from - NOT!

So many threads to go through, I can't get caught up. This has probably been said many times already but my :twocents:

When Jodi whined about the attempted suicide at the jail - nick from the blade in her hand, that it was like a paper cut and it stung so bad, or whatever she said - that was IT. Game over. The victim was brutally slaughtered with a blade and she said that?? Poor meeeeee??

That sealed her fate IMO. No one in that courtroom could relate to the selfishness and lack of empathy that came out of her mouth at that point. That was THE most shocking thing I had heard in all of the days of testimony. Not the sex talk, the tape, or texts, or any of that imo compared to it. That statement in the context of the victim's manner of death was beyond. The truth flashed brilliantly in that courtroom - and JA was exposed fully for the fake she really is. Murder will out.

She also remembers the sound of the knife hitting the tile - and according to her gun went off by accident and from there on it is mostly a blackout - seems she went off script!

She said she vaguely remembers putting a knife in the dishwasher but since she had done that so many times before, it could be a memory not related to that day or some such BS!

All the knives were in the block. I would think if both roommates state they did not touch the dishwasher that would prove she did not use that knife. Also the ME can sometimes tell what type of knife was used. Some of Travis' wounds were deep so I would think it would have had to have been a substantial knife with a heavy handle. Not the Dollar Store variety. jmo

Oh for the love of all things holy. Just got to work and realized I forgot to set the DVR, of all days! So glad I have you all here to keep me in the loop. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Who is your provider, chances are you can set your DVR right from your computer, depending on your provider and the services you have.

Welcome, by the way!

If it's true that her Dad drove her to the rental car company in July 2008 I would love to know the lies she told her family.

I am assuming she told her family she was moving to Monterary. I wonder if she had contact with Matt and Daryl during those few weeks post murder.

Did her mother not think it was strange that she had a gun and hid it under the hood of the car?

oceanblueeyes - you seem to know a lot about psychopaths. Don't you think Jodi is the perfect example? And what a treat to get to see one in action like this.

Morning Minor!:seeya:

Absolutely.

This is a rare event for all of us really and is one of the most fascinating aspects of this case. Rarely do we get to see a full blown psychopath on the stand for days. I am sure it will be used in many psychology classes for many years to come.

Good morning all - I havent caught up yet (doubt I will) but I saw this on Travis' memorial page and wanted to repost here for all his (and Juan's) supporters! This will be in my siggy ASAP!

And yes, if you want it for yourself, go right ahead. :)

I am SO excited for today. :great: I didnt call in, but I should have... :banghead:

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member