jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 9TH DAY #48 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Movie casting:

Jodi = Alyssa Milano
Travis = Matt Damon or Leo DiCaprio
Juan = Al Pacino or Andy Garcia
J. Willmott = Jenna Fischer
Nurmi = John Goodman or Brian Baumgartner
Judge Stephens = Susan Sarandon
Darryl Brewer = George Clooney
Abe Abdelhadi = Joel McHale
Det. Esteban Flores = Oscar Nunez

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:Darryl Brewer = George Clooney

I know the evidence against Jodi is so overwhelming that JM can probably barely contain himself. And I know there is a brilliant method to all this madness...

but....

he needs to keep in mind that he is presenting all this evidence to some jurors that probably aren't very sophisticated. I can easily see him losing some of the jurors today. I'm sure the jumping around was to keep JA on her toes, but at the end of the day you must make a clear, compelling and easy to understand case to those members of the jury.
I betcha he will explain all of that in his closing when he explains that she is a cold-blooded, sociopathic, killer.

So much for monogamy if it's defined by Jodi.

She already had plans for a sexual encounter with Ryan before the trip, then she goes to see Travis and has sex, but just because Travis ends up dead then what she does with Ryan wasn't cheating.

It's complicated, but basically Jodi can have all the men friends she wants, but Travis was a cheater. Lots of Jodi's double-standards were revealed today in undercurrents. Juan did great!

Don't forget her definition of monogamy changes depending on the circumstances. :what:

Yep, and his last "objection" was so weak and pitiful. Much more weak and pitiful than his client did when he was questioning her. He sounded defeated.

I think they let JA sink her own ship, and It would not surprise me if she didn't want to plead guilty because she believes she did nothing wrong and therefore she can win this and be found Not Guilty and walk away a free woman.

Remember when she wanted to be her own attorney?

I don't think she even tried to refute it, she was probably too busy trying to figure out her next lies & coverup...

her continued insistence that SHE didn't try to hand them over to Campbell but rather she was forced by prison procedures to give them over to guards on leaving her cell led me to believe she was frantically trying to suggest within the confines of the question that she

a) didn't write those messages

or

b) that she didn't try to smuggle them out, technically the guard did, lol

regardless, JM nailed her with that portion of the cross IMO. That was huge revelation in court.

mag.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I would like to, most respectfully, state my opinion - and base it off of the years that I have sat in a courtroom (in my years as a legal research paralegal and Assistant State's Attorney in Cook County) and throughout those years, I have watched hundreds of various courtroom doings: Trials, motion hearings, etc.

I have watched many experienced, proficient, detailed attorneys - and, conversely, I've watched bumbling, mentally stumbling, weak attorneys, as well. (Including Jim Glasgow, who had the pleasure of nailing Drew Peterson to a cross.) I process my research, I run for papers, I offer reports and details.

And...I watch.

Throughout all these years, I've learned quite a thing or two about rushing to judgment. I have learned to wait, and see: To watch, and learn. I've been literally schooled in the art of cross-examination by some of the best, in my opinion - and I learned all this by RUSHING to judgment, by dismissing out-of-hand the possibility that the attorney who was, seemingly, disjointed...really had a plan. That he or she really knew what they were doing.

I've been wrong. But I learned my lesson.

So now, I watch. I reserve judgment.

But I do have a sneaking suspicion that Juan isn't nearly done. That this IS going according to his layout, his plan - and that we will see that play out before he is done.

JMO and all that. :)

It feels like Pulp Fiction, disjointed, but all comes together beautifully at the end.

I do know that it is an interrogation technique to ask questions out of temporal order - people remember their lies in temporal order.

Good catch.

How's your eye? Hopefully watching Juan healed it somewhat.

Watching Juan today made it all worth it!

It's awful! Now it hurts... A lot! I have an appointment in the am @ 9 thanks for asking! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she even tried to refute it, she was probably too busy trying to figure out her next lies & coverup...

That is exactly what I saw today. Her delay in answering was because she was forumlating her answer so that it would cover any follow up question JM had. She is a manipulator and coniver. She is one maybe two steps ahead in her answer because they are lies and she is trying to anticipate the next question. jmo

near sighted people do.

I don't think far sighted people need glasses to see across a courtroom either.

Do near sighted people take off their glasses to read the papers on the desk?

I think that Nurmi is near sighted and that's why he holds the magazine at the end of his nose when he takes off his glasses, but the murderer takes off her glasses because she can't read with them on, and she can most likely see just fine without them.

It seems as if Jodi went on a tour of ex-boyfriends or ex sexual partners on her voyage to Mesa to kill Travis. She planned to visit Gus (but didn't have time if I remember correctly) then she visited both DB and Matt, even staying overnight with Matt. Then she made it to Travis', killed him and then made her way to Ryan Burns' house in Utah.

what the what!?

IMO Jodi had a favorite very sturdy knife... The one she used for all the tire slashing! No knife collected from Travis's home matched the wounds inflicted on his body. The ME checked and testified.

Didn't JA say she put the knife in the dishwasher, or may have put it in the dishwasher? So just one more lie of JA, if the med examiner said he did not find it in the home. :seeya:

I'm having a hard time understanding why some think Juan was too hard on her. She murdered someone and it is his job to prove it was not in self defense. I think Jodi's behavior today made her look crazier than ever. She was as cold as she could possibly be. Her attorneys need to tell her to beef up her acting skills and at least try to show some emotion. There is no doubt in her mind she is going to walk. Yep, the should have gone the insanity route. Today she looked like a cold blooded killer.

Exactly, she deserves NO sympathy at all.

I truly believe she think so as well.

Yep

You should definitely get verified so you can post as an expert! We just love our experts here at Websleuths!

I am verified - as a paralegal. It was before I graduated school - and I'm still a lowly researcher, but I like it! :blushing:

She gets sly eyes and a weird smirk like my borderline sister when she's in the mood for a tangle. I hope members of the jury are familiar with that. She relishes big arguments with people. Definitely no shrinking violet there!

Not only can I not see her holding her opinion for long, but she is certainly the type to stir up trouble on purpose, imho. I didn't expect to see that so clearly in her!

If she's like my sister, she'll start spitting and raging any minute! Really I think JA is smarter than that, but I have zero doubt now that this girl has rages.

The awesome part is that she pats herself on the back for it so obviously in court. She likes that she's 'winning' the argument and has no clue how nearly-psychotic it looks, given the context!

I think they let JA sink her own ship, and It would not surprise me if she didn't want to plead guilty because she believes she did nothing wrong and therefore she can win this and be found Not Guilty and walk away a free woman.

Remember when she wanted to be her own attorney?

I agree -she believes she can walk away.

IMO Jodi had a favorite very sturdy knife... The one she used for all the tire slashing! No knife collected from Travis's home matched the wounds inflicted on his body. The ME checked and testified.

MOO....the knife that slashed the tires...both times....is the same knife that was used on Travis....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor