Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you just haven't seen a very clear picture. The ones they show in the court room are much clearer and her foot is easy to see. I see that her foot is turned to the wall too, so I am really confused what we are talking about and what you are seeing that I am not seeing, lol.

Also, I don't know how you see Travis' forehead because he's laying on his back in this picture.

See how his head is up and turned slightly to the right. It's casting a shadow on the floor. There's a definite space there in the spot that people claim is a foot. I see Travis back in that space. It's flesh-colored. If you can't see the gap, though, then I guess you can't see what I mean.

See how his head is up and turned slightly to the right. It's casting a shadow on the floor.

Yes, I see that, but that black spot is not a shadow but a foot. I can see her toes. She admitted it was her foot and she was wearing black socks.

If the shot was first, Travis would have been incapacitated. A bullet to the brain will do that. The bullet didn't just graze the skull, it entered the skull, rendering him unconscious. Anyone who receives a bullet to his forehead can't survive that, no less fight the perp.

Here is Dr. Horn stating that the bullet to the brain and the cutting of his neck are lethal. it is at the very end of the short video.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/09/kevin-horn-jodi-arias-trial

See post #1835 for proof that a gunshot wound through the frontal lobe is the least likely of all gunshot wounds to be immediately incapacitating.

Yes, I see that, but that black spot is not a shadow but a foot. I can see her toes. She admitted it was her foot and she was wearing black socks.

She might have admitted it was her foot, that part on the LEFT of the photo is the actual foot. That part on the right can't be with that Gap right there. and look at how her pants ripple. maybe that will help you see it better. they ripple as if they are hanging off the back. They don't slop with the foot.

If you can't see it, it's okay. Those are her pants. He's at her feet. I just don't think her foot is facing the right. If I am right, it might make sense that her other foot hit the camera while she's pulling him. Just a theory.

What makes you think that?

If that's her right foot, which body part of JA bumped the camera (assuming it is laying in the ground) to cause the camera button to activate?

Shutters usually take a few secs to snap a photo. I think she put it down and it took a photo while she walked up to Travis or she bumped it as she was walking.

Here is a photo where you can more clearly see the folds in her pants. It's not really a ripple. It looks like it's flush against the top of her foot.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #2

This picture illustrates more my point about the ripple in her pants, it's makes it apparent that Travis is pushed up against that foot or leg. That foot must be beneath Travis or slanted to the side toward that wall. Her foot is not jutting out. They pixelated it too much to see the gap any longer, though.

This picture illustrates more my point about the ripple in her pants, it's makes it apparent that Travis is pushed up against that foot or leg. That foot must be beneath Travis or slanted to the side toward that wall. Her foot is not jutting out. They pixelated it too much to see the gap any longer, though.

Like I said, it doesn't look like a ripple but a fold, where the pants hit the top of her foot.

What makes you think that?

If that's her right foot, which body part of JA bumped the camera (assuming it is laying in the ground) to cause the camera button to activate?

It could be her left foot, with the zipper on the left side of her left leg, and her foot is just slanted toward the wall. I think it if where the right foot, the zipper would be on the other side--now that I see this gap that creates the shadow of his head. I can't really draw it on the picture correctly because her pants are being pressed up against her by Travis' back.

Maybe the shadow I see on the floor is Travis with his hand on his head or face. Anyways, just a theory.

As for number 5, YES!

You don't think one LAST romp before abstaining is not appealing? One last time to act out every sexual desire with the person that's been giving you the sex of your dreams isn't appealing?

I think it's very appealing and probably part of the reason he might not have hinted to his roommates that she was upstairs, hiding her once again, which she expressed in a LONG email that she can't stand.

Granted, tempting. But just how tempting, really?

He had told several people including Mimi that he was "not temple worthy" which is the Mormon expression for being on probation and under counsel: Thus, he had taken a very decisive step.

The very kind of step that is known to make stalkers resort to murder.

Taken together with all that had gone down (slashed tires, hacking, email to Lisa, etc. ) and his seeking help from the church, on top of his very firm email of May 26 where he told her he realized she was a sociopath, without regard for others' privacy, and his blog post about turning 30, getting serious, finding a wife, and sticking to his values - Moreover, that he had told a church elder that if he didn't show up for the weekly Sunday dinner, that all should assume he had been murdered - it still seems very, very, very foolhardy and downright reckless. I just find it hard to believe. Think on it.....does it really make sense to you?

SMK,

I could not agree with you more, and have stated the same thoughts. Problem is people do dumb things, things that just do not make sense to others. I know I have. The more I listen to the testimony the more I just throw my hands up and say--"It is anyone's guess as to what the jury will take into consideration when reaching a verdict"

There are so many excellent posts here stating the obvious, not so obvious, pro-gun first, pro knife first, JA's mental problem. It seems we have dissected every part of this case, but the fact is none of us know EXACTLY what happened that day--even Jodie, and she was there. The state will win only if the jury comes back with the death penalty----I hate to say this, but look how much we have taken this case apart, and how much more we know, and when it comes to feeling sure about what happened--it still evades us. This can be enough for a seed of Doubt , by just one juror who , for their own reasons think Jodie was used by Travis, snapped and in a fit of blind anger was able to inflict an unbelievable amount of carnage on him....and yes they might just be able to put aside all of Jodie's actions that point to Premeditation.

Ever since OJ and Casey Anthony , I am always prepared for a highly unlikely result. It all seems so obvious to us, but human nature is a wild card, leaving us with no explanations for the behaviors of others...and sometimes ourselves.

I just Hope for the best!

Yes, there should be some way to tell from the crime scene photos exactly where TA is positioned on the tile and which way his head is facing. I wish we had more crime scene analysis on this issue.

Here's some more analysis. The tile marbling orients us as to the location of Travis' body and the location and direction of the camera for the photo.

The tile marbling shown in the foreground of the first bleeding photo is a match for the tile marbling depicted in the police photo (see circled).

The camera is facing toward the bathroom and away from the carpet. I've also assumed that it is Jodi's right foot that we are seeing in the photo, and added a possible location of her left foot.

For me, this scenario works best, although how the camera happened to be on the floor facing the murder continues to be a mystery. I think this position gets Jodi in a leveraged location to continue the attack after Travis fell on his back. I suspect Travis was putting up a rather weak fight at this point, having been shot in the head and stabbed in the heart at the sink as he turned around to face Jodi (my favorite scenario :))

Note the location of heavy blood stains seems consistent with a lot of blood letting here. I think this is where Travis was almost, but not quite yet, overcome.

To get to the carpet, Travis, in a final instinctive 'fight or flight' attempt at self-preservation, managed to roll to his left, get on his hands and knees, and brush up against the wall, smearing the wall with his blood (notice the blood smear height would be consistent with this). He could get no further than onto the carpet, and collapsed face down, perhaps pushed down by Jodi before she sliced his neck, perhaps leveraged with her knee on his back. She obviously did most of her gruesome work on Travis' left (assuming he is face down), where all the bloody sock-prints are.

As to the issue of whether his neck was sliced on the tile or the carpet, I come down on the side of at least the final coup de grace occurring on the carpet. However, the amount of blood streaming down Travis' shoulder in the photo might suggest he suffered an initial attempt at a throat slash while on his back. She might have hit a major vein/artery during an initial attempt. Travis might have realized he was a goner in this position, prompting his last gasp to roll over to his left and protect himself with what ability and strength he had remaining. Travis' right arm is in a defensive position in the photo, and he might even have a grip on Jodi's knife-wielding forearm at that instant.

I have a hard time imaging Jodi holding onto the camera through all this. I also have a hard time imagining her holding the camera for the last photo. If she is dragging Travis' body back to the shower in the last photo, I would think she would be using both hands.

But that camera. It remains quite the mystery....

Dave

Attachments

• Matching tile 1.jpg
    Matching tile 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Matching tile 2.jpg
    Matching tile 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 23
Can you see it between the arrows I drew?

attachment.php

I see what you mean, I can see the edge of the pant leg and his shoulder through the shadow. Good catch, WM. :)

I think the best view of this (and probably all of the pics) is when JM has them up and the courtroom camera shows them on the big screen, you can see much more detail but it's hard to get a screen shot as the camera is usually focusing on the witness seated below.

SMK,

I could not agree with you more, and have stated the same thoughts. Problem is people do dumb things, things that just do not make sense to others. I know I have. The more I listen to the testimony the more I just throw my hands up and say--"It is anyone's guess as to what the jury will take into consideration when reaching a verdict"

There are so many excellent posts here stating the obvious, not so obvious, pro-gun first, pro knife first, JA's mental problem. It seems we have dissected every part of this case, but the fact is none of us know EXACTLY what happened that day--even Jodie, and she was there. The state will win only if the jury comes back with the death penalty----I hate to say this, but look how much we have taken this case apart, and how much more we know, and when it comes to feeling sure about what happened--it still evades us. This can be enough for a seed of Doubt , by just one juror who , for their own reasons think Jodie was used by Travis, snapped and in a fit of blind anger was able to inflict an unbelievable amount of carnage on him....and yes they might just be able to put aside all of Jodie's actions that point to Premeditation.

Ever since OJ and Casey Anthony , I am always prepared for a highly unlikely result. It all seems so obvious to us, but human nature is a wild card, leaving us with no explanations for the behaviors of others...and sometimes ourselves.

I just Hope for the best!
Nicely stated! Yep, you cannot take a verdict for granted, as we know all too well from above-mentioned cases. Hoping for the best sounds good. :)

See post #1835 for proof that a gunshot wound through the frontal lobe is the least likely of all gunshot wounds to be immediately incapacitating.

I saw some mention (can't recall if it was here or elsewhere) of the 'motor strip' and that being the portion of the frontal lobe that controls movement, and the bullet not effecting that area, can anyone who has a medical understanding of this expand on it, I find it quite interesting.

Here's some more analysis. The tile marbling orients us as to the location of Travis' body and the location and direction of the camera for the photo.

The tile marbling shown in the foreground of the first bleeding photo is a match for the tile marbling depicted in the police photo (see circled).

The camera is facing toward the bathroom and away from the carpet. I've also assumed that it is Jodi's right foot that we are seeing in the photo, and added a possible location of her left foot.

Yes, it does look like that marbling in the crime scene photo is the same marbling shown in the first bleeding photo.

The location of JA's foot, whether right or left, is off just a little bit in the sketch on the crime scene photo because the bleeding photo shows her foot is on the other side of the grout between the tiles.

To me, it still makes the most sense that the big foot in the foreground is JA's left foot. Her right foot would be in the other side of the camera. If the camera is on the ground, it would be her right foot kicking it to activate the camera button. Or, under my theory, that positioning of her feet shows how JA could still be holding the camera in her right hand.

Any chance you could create a sketch depicting the feet the way I have imagined?

It should be possible to identify the brand of jeans JA was wearing and determine whether the stripe is on the inside or outside of the leg. If the stripe is on the inside, then that's JA's left foot.

Thanks for the great insight as usual, Dave!

This will seem irrelevant to many, but I must have some very severe form of "diagram dyslexia" because for the longest time, I thought the police must be making up that there was a pic of Jodi's foot and Travis all bloody----I saw NONE of it and just saw a big mess.

But since you guys posted the blow up, I was FINALLY able to see what that pic is of. Thank you.

arias+case.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member