Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The body shunts blood to the brain at the detriment of other organs. His body would have been keeping as much flow to the brain as possible. The arteries are very muscular. They create their own pressure, so while the ceiling might not happen, there would have been some spray if he was on his back. We don't really see evidence of spray on the carpet.

Hemodynamically speaking, I think he was in severe hypovolemic and cardiogenic shock (and pericardial sac hit too so he would have been starting to tamponade as well) before the throat slashing happened. Even though his vessels would have been clamped down to shunt blood to vital organs, he just didn't have enough pressure to really spray much blood as the carotids were cut. He merely bled out massively on the carpet with what little pressure he had left.

I agree. I've posted here before, but was ignored, about the fact that the foot picture was taken in the middle of the hall. You can see that tile flooring all around and no carpet. so I think where that picture was taken, Travis somehow got himself up on the wall and you can see his back sliding along the wall and then he falls into that blood angel picture we are discussing. She then slashes his throat in fear of him actually getting his bloody self out of the room.

The foot picture is taken at the end of the hallway right next to the carpet. See the attachment below and notice the matching tile pattern in the two pictures.

Attachments

• dragging pic floor pattern comparison adjusted.jpg
    dragging pic floor pattern comparison adjusted.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 16
Also for those asking about the last photo, it's his back somehow lifted up off the floor. Somebody else here did a blow up comparison to the foot photo and you can see that the blood streaks down the back match up well. I've attached below.

Attachments

• dragging pic comparison to last pic.jpg
    dragging pic comparison to last pic.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 28
Also for those asking about the last photo, it's his back somehow lifted up off the floor. Somebody else here did a blow up comparison to the foot photo and you can see that the blood streaks down the back match up well. I've attached below.
The bottom left picture, is that a metal threshold between the carpet and tile? I am confused now.. which direction is his head in that photo? Towards the bathroom or bedroom?

The bottom left picture, is that a metal threshold between the carpet and tile? I am confused now.. which direction is his head in that photo? Towards the bathroom or bedroom?

That's just a reflection from the courtroom lights on the photo print being shown in court. (IT'S NOT A DUVET BUTTON.) See the video below to see where the screen cap was taken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZkqVwCbgtA#t=48m05s

People need to remember that these trial images we are looking at are not the original digital files from any camera, they are screen caps from the trial video footage. Screen caps are stills from TV or webstream video, and here they are screen caps taken at the time photos are being shown in court. The attorneys place photos on a projector and they are displayed in the courtroom on a monitor. Sometimes visual artifacts (items not in the photo itself) end up in the screen caps, such as an attorney's pen pointing to something on a the photo or, in this case, a reflection from the courtroom lights.

Btw, the head would be to the right and feet to the left. I can't say which direction that is in the hallway just by looking at it. If we assume the camera is near it's position from the prior photo, then the head would be north (toward the carpet ) and the feet toward the bathroom (south). I think that's a safe assumption.

So do you agree that this photo was snapped after she slit his throat with that amount of blood and pattern of flow? If it is after, then she is in the process of moving him because I believe he bled out from the neck cut on the carpet where the huge stain is, but in this picture he appears to be on the tile only.

If the camera really was on the floor, which I'm not sure I believe, then TA moved (or was pulled by JA) on his back toward the bedroom/carpet area in the 76 seconds between the last two photos.

The camera has spun 45-90 degrees to the right between the photos and TA has moved about two tile squares closer to the bedroom. He is, I think, only one tile away from the carpet in this last photo.

That's just a reflection from the courtroom lights on the photo print being shown in court. (IT'S NOT A DUVET BUTTON.) See the video below to see where the screen cap was taken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZkqVwCbgtA#t=48m05s

People need to remember that these trial images we are looking at are not the original digital files from any camera, they are screen caps from the trial video footage. Screen caps are stills from TV or webstream video, and here they are screen caps taken at the time photos are being shown in court. The attorneys place photos on a projector and they are displayed in the courtroom on a monitor. Sometimes visual artifacts (items not in the photo itself) end up in the screen caps, such as an attorney's pen pointing to something on a the photo or, in this case, a reflection from the courtroom lights.

Btw, the head would be to the right and feet to the left. I can't say which direction that is in the hallway just by looking at it. If we assume the camera is near it's position from the prior photo, then the head would be north (toward the carpet ) and the feet toward the bathroom (south). I think that's a safe assumption.

Yes, i knew that was true, but I've seen a lot of confusion about this.

Is there any place we observers can view the original photos and the enhanced photos? Or are we stuck viewing captures of the photos that were shown in court?

If the camera really was on the floor, which I'm not sure I believe, then TA moved (or was pulled by JA) on his back toward the bedroom/carpet area in the 76 seconds between the last two photos.

The camera has spun 45-90 degrees to the right between the photos and TA has moved about two tile squares closer to the bedroom. He is, I think, only one tile away from the carpet in this last photo.
I think his neck wound bled out on the carpet and in the picture she is pulling him away from the carpet and back towards the bathroom maybe?? He is clearly on the tile and not the carpet.

So do you agree that this photo was snapped after she slit his throat with that amount of blood and pattern of flow? If it is after, then she is in the process of moving him because I believe he bled out from the neck cut on the carpet where the huge stain is, but in this picture he appears to be on the tile only.

I'm still undecided about when the throat cut occurred. I'm thinking it may have been after the foot photo because the neck is still seemingly intact by the way it's lifted. Though it's possible Jodi is supporting or lifting it somehow, so I don't think we can be sure.

I think Travis probably - even if he invited her to come- wouldn't want anyone knowing, and would have kept it private...

Yes, I can imagine maybe his going into the shower, and her coming across a text or email he had sent to Mimi, maybe something like, "Am seriously looking forward to Cancun. I respect that you want to go as just friends, but I'm still holding out hope we can be more one day"---argh, who knows---then her going ballistic......

But say she really was not wanting to kill him, but hoping she could win him back: Why the rental car, dyed hair, cell phone turned off, gas cans? How would this help conceal her from his friends? Unless she really thought they would see her in town, getting gas, etc? Is this what you mean? Why the turned off cell, though?

BBM
But she didn't buy anything in any part of Arizona, not just the Mesa area. She didnt use her credit cards ot the ATM in Arizona and she turned off her phone for 20 hrs. That was not to hide from TA's friends, imo. That was to bolster her alibi and fool LE.

The foot picture is taken at the end of the hallway right next to the carpet. See the attachment below and notice the matching tile pattern in the two pictures.

Unfortunately it looks like the same tile pattern may be on more than one tile, so it is very difficult to determine where TA is exactly in the hallway.

Yes, i knew that was true, but I've seen a lot of confusion about this.

Is there any place we observers can view the original photos and the enhanced photos? Or are we stuck viewing captures of the photos that were shown in court?

We're mostly stuck with what is shown in court, though apparently the media has gotten access to some original digital files, as when they recently released those extra crime scene photos of the bathroom after it was processed.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

See the above link and scroll to the end of the photos for those examples.

(Btw, I find it very annoying that we are being periodically teased with new snippets of the police interviews instead of just releasing the whole video at once. Is it the media holding out or the source?)

I think his neck wound bled out on the carpet and in the picture she is pulling him away from the carpet and back towards the bathroom maybe?? He is clearly on the tile and not the carpet.

If the camera is on the ground, then TA must be closer to the bedroom in the last photo than he was in the previous photo (taken 76 seconds before).

I believe the tile pattern clearly demonstrates that TA's head is oriented toward the bedroom in the first bleeding photo. The light is emanating from the bathroom.

In the next bleeding photo, the camera has rotated to the right and TA's back is now between the camera and the hallway wall.

I think TA must be struggling toward the bedroom on his back because I don't think JA would be dragging him that way!

If this is true, the blood pooling on the carpet might've been caused by the blood streaming down around the right side if his neck while TA was still on his back.

The last photo suggests TA was not bleeding much at all on the left side of his head.

Unfortunately it looks like the same tile pattern may be on more than one tile, so it is very difficult to determine where TA is exactly in the hallway.

Well I've looked at what I could and I haven't seen that pattern anywhere else. The patterns seem rather random to me. Do you know of another likely candidate?

Well I've looked at what I could and I haven't seen that pattern anywhere else. The patterns seem rather random to me. Do you know of another likely candidate?

I could be wrong, but I think wilsodh posted a photo recently that highlighted a tile about three tiles away from the bedroom that had the same pattern. It was one of the pictures demonstrating where JA's other foot might've been.

She may have used a towel to wipe whatever remaining blood she had off her feet then put that towel in the washer as she left the house. There were bloody towels in the washer along with the camera.

But that shows you how organized she is. Even with her fog encrusted hippocampus she could somehow get herself and her bloody accoutrements, knives, guns, ropes, clothes, shoes, sheets, towels, out of that crime scene without leaving a blood soaked trail in the rest of the house, not even in the bedroom.

If she had, the roommates would have sounded the alarm much sooner.

I wonder if they did luminol for footprints.

So, she is organized before the murder, disorganized during it, and organized after it. I don't think so.

If the gun had worked on the first shot, we wouldn't be here.

IMO

But that shows you how organized she is. Even with her fog encrusted hippocampus she could somehow get herself and her bloody accoutrements, knives, guns, ropes, clothes, shoes, sheets, towels, out of that crime scene without leaving a blood soaked trail in the rest of the house, not even in the bedroom.

If she had, the roommates would have sounded the alarm much sooner.

I wonder if they did luminol for footprints.

So, she is organized before the murder, disorganized during it, and organized after it. I don't think so.

If the gun had worked on the first shot, we wouldn't be here.

IMO

You're misapplying the concept of "organized." It's a concept designed to help classify scenes, it's not meant to force fit a scene into a simple box as either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487