Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See this pic.

That's not a grommet. If it was there, it would show up in the picture I posted. It wouldn't matter how light was shining on it. What you guys are seeing is a reflection on the surface on the photo paper. It's not in the camera image itself.

Don't you think if there was this whole big grommet/rope apparatus that JM would have brought it? He's looking at the actual picture. Come on, this is silly.

A tarp makes total sense too to put the gas cans on in the trunk.

When we take gas cans to be filled for the lawnmower, we always throw a tarp in the trunk to put the cans on. My dad always does the same. I think a lot of people do that.

That's not a grommet. If it was there, it would show up in the picture I posted. It wouldn't matter how light was shining on it. What you guys are seeing is a reflection on the surface on the photo paper. It's not in the camera image itself.

Don't you think if there was this whole big grommet/rope apparatus that JM would have brought it? He's looking at the actual picture. Come on, this is silly.

Nope. It is a grommet, no doubt.

Also, there is no way JA retrieves and starts using such an apparatus in the 76 seconds between the last two photos.

So it's a conspiracy by JM to keep this grommet theory quiet. OK then.
No it isn't. Even if he says it's a grommet, how can he prove it is a tarp? Of course I think it is and makes much sense that it is.. but maybe he decided to just not go there because of the difficulty in proving it. He has enough evidence to work with already. He is focusing on the 'for sures'.

One of the series of arrows in that photo is simply blood dripping down TA's left shoulder/arm.
Then have a look at the same photo without the arrows. The edges of the item are clearly defined.
It shows a square angle with a grommet right at the corner.

I think you're seeing the reflection of the light bulb of the projector in the court room.
I don't think so. Gleam from the grommet caught on original picture, reflections from light in the courtroom secondary. If you look at the video, as he moves the photo, the light reflections are altered but the hole remains a constant.

No it isn't. Even if he says it's a grommet, how can he prove it is a tarp? Of course I think it is and makes much sense that it is.. but maybe he decided to just not go there because of the difficulty in proving it. He has enough evidence to work with already. He is focusing on the 'for sures'.

images

Disagree. At 48:08 thru 48:10 you can see as he moves the photo the glare artifact is gone, but the perfect round hole is there. Once again right before he removes the photo.

Watched it. It's clearly just a bend in the photo that is causing a reflection.

I added a couple more slides to my reconstruction. I also added some clarification on how I see the body movements in slide #3.

Counting the tiles and following the tile grouting, I've oriented the crime scene photos in these new slides with respect to the position of Jodi's foot in the 'foot' photo, as well as the last known position of the camera.

The death scene and blood trails make sense to me, but I've struggled a bit over the location of the camera for the final 'dragging' photo. Clearly the body is being dragged from left to right in the photo. But we also know that the body is being dragged away from the carpet and toward the bathroom. Therefore, the camera must be up against the wall, as depicted in the last slide. There's no other way for the body to be appearing to go from left to right and still match the blood trail up the hallway toward the bathroom.

Unless... the forensics guy inadvertently reversed the image during recovery from the memory card....

The last photo is maddening, as the angles don't look quite right and the photo is so grainy. But I do think the body is quite close to the camera, so its possible that the camera is up against the wall. Remember, we are only seeing a small portion of Travis' body, so it is hard to get the perspective of how close it is to the camera. The camera could have been jostled when Jodi is walking backward dragging Travis' body, and then 2 seconds later the camera shoots that final photo. Jodi is no longer visible after the 2 second delay, as she has left the field of view.

Considering the struggle that occurred following the 'foot' photo, it seems highly unlikely that the camera was not kicked to a new location. In the 'foot' photo, it stood squarely between the participants and the carpet. If the struggle occurred as depicted in slide #2, there would have been kinetic energy on the opposite side of the camera (the blood smear wall), so it would make sense that the camera would be kicked in the direction of the opposite wall, putting it in position to snap a photo of the body being dragged from left to right, away from the carpet.

What do you guys think??

Dave

Attachments

• Slide1G.jpg
    Slide1G.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Slide2G.jpg
    Slide2G.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Slide3G.jpg
    Slide3G.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Slide5G.jpg
    Slide5G.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Slide6G.jpg
    Slide6G.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 48
Hi RM,

I see the neck slash prior to the foot photo as unlikely based on the attached version, which provides the fullest view of Travis' head I've seen. In this view, I don't see anything supporting Travis' head under its center of gravity.

Human heads weigh 10-12 pounds, and that head should be flopping back to the floor if Travis is already dead or just had his frontal neck muscles severed.

Dave

I think the depth of field and the angle make this picute deceiving. I think his head is partially supported by her lower leg, so it gives the appearance that the head it being held up voluntarily. There is no reason for her to be dragging him away from the bathroom.

I did some labels on this picture. Hope it helps. for the longest time I thought it was a metal threshold, not a baseboard, with a foot crossing it, but then it became apparent that it was travis and a baseboard.

Where in the sequence of the "kicked camera" pics is this one? I have not seen this pic with a time stamp on it to know where this one falls. My assumption is that it is fairly late, i.e. after the other dragging picture.

I think the depth of field and the angle make this picute deceiving. I think his head is partially supported by her lower leg, so it gives the appearance that the head it being held up voluntarily. There is no reason for her to be dragging him away from the bathroom.

I don't think she dragged him to the bedroom. I agree, that makes no sense. I think Travis got as far as the carpet on his own power after rolling to his left following the foot photo (per reconstruction), whereupon Jodi administered the coup de grace.

If Travis was already 'out' or dead in the 'foot' photo, it is hard to make any sense of the crime scene that followed.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member