Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to belabor, but wouldn't she have grabbed him by the ankles and dragged his that way? In your depiction, how could his torso NOT have flopped down onto his upper legs as she dragged him? what would keep him in the position as per your drawing? his legs stretched out would seem to block the motion of his upper body? or am i missing something? It looks illogical and awkward in terms of getting all the way to the bathroom. Maybe she was just turning him?

The floor was slick with blood and water, which might have made it easier for JA to pull TA this way. Maybe his chest did flop down on his legs as JA was pulling him. At the moment this photo was taken, though, it appears she was lifting his back off of the ground by pulling on both of his arms. I can definitely picture her dragging him this way as well.

The floor was slick with blood and water, which might have made it easier for JA to pull TA this way. Maybe his chest did flop down on his legs as JA was pulling him. At the moment this photo was taken, though, it appears she was lifting his back off of the ground by pulling on both of his arms. I can definitely picture her dragging him this way as well.

Got it! Thanks :D

I go along with your direction Reality Man, as opposed to feet toward bedroom. The back seems to be more curved as if being pulled toward legs rather than away.

I have to agree with you there. Which is why I brought up the abuse of power charges. If JA had gone to an attorney with a complaint that TA had misused his power as a spiritual leader (in terms of anal sex on the day of her baptism, in which he was acting in the capacity of spiritual advisor) I believe the Church of the Latter Day Saints would have settled in pre-trail litigation. In a sense, she had a strong case.

That said, I do not believe TA deserved this fate and I can also see her as a competent woman and thus deserving of the death penalty. It is a two-edged sword, and our society also has long tried to play it both ways (I was actually involved in a case where a minor was taken advantage of by a teacher but was still dealt with harshly for his crime.)

I am of two minds about it all, can see both sides and still do not know where I should firmly stand.

JODI was not abused by Travis! She's the one that brought anal sex to the table. She's the one that stalked Travis. She's the one that moved to AZ AFTER they broke up. She's the one that planned and then carried out the whole invisible trip to AZ to MURDER TRAVIS etc etc.

Again, the entire relationship between JA and TA lasted 638 DAYS and most of that time JA lived hundreds of miles away. Travis went against his religion and probably his own morals but that in no way shape or form drove that crazy WITCH to kill him! Twisted Jodi...she's void of any actual human emotions and is dangerous as hell.

The only thing I wish could be changed about this trial is taking the death penalty off the table. It's causing the trial to go haywire in both length and content. I just want it done and over. Then Travis' family can begin the long road back to what ever is now "normal" for them. God speed.

Here's my depiction of how JA dragged TA back to the bathroom.

34eosnl.png

Sorry, I'm no artist! :)

Wouldn't his partially severed head have flopped back in that position? How

EWE!

I think we need some reenactments. :)

Dave

I think she wrapped Travis in a sheet to drag him, I read someone else stating that somewhere but I believe that's what we see in that 'accidental' photo above. And I still wonder how any of the photos could be accidental.

After some thought, I think that Jodi:

1) Told him to sit in the shower, during the 'photo shoot'

2) Took the final photos, maybe taunting him about his new gf, and then pulled the gun on him

3) Shot him in the head, but he did not die. People have had nails and things lodged in their brains before - I think it's possible that the shot did not incapacitate him completely if she hit a less vulnerable part of his head

4) Ran to get the knife, and held onto the camera as she did

5) Travis meanwhile managed to stumble to the sink/crawl along the hall, trying to escape

6) She stabbed him in the chest, he tried to fend her off feebly, getting cuts on his hands

7) Travis fell, she stabbed him in the back several more times, then the throat injury

8) She realizes that her fingers are bleeding and her blood is getting on him. drags him back to the shower to clean off the blood.

9) Cleans up the crime scene, leaves for next destination

I want to know how no one heard the gunshot

and guh, I've got to stop thinking about this case. it's terrible.ps sorry for the long post!

I meant he should have cut her off before having her in his bedroom on June 4.

Maybe he did and that's why she cut him up. She talked her way back in one more time after he cut her off and she cut him up.

I don't think his skin is exposed in that pic, I think he's on the mat inside the sheet (and all the coloration is blood on the sheet), the light is almost directly overhead and shines down on it, making it look lighter.

The patterns of the blood on his shoulder match the streaks in the following photo. JM pointed out in court that they matched.

I think the simplest answer is the right answer for the camera. He was fighting for his life, and she could not let him get away once the attack started. Both had adrenaline pumping. The camera probably hit the floor right after the ceiling picture and was just there getting kicked as they fought. Neither one of them would remember hitting/kicking it, because they were too focused on surviving or killing.

I don't think it went up and down the hall. I think it stayed either in the bathroom or at that end of the hall. I think it got kicked as she was trying to drag him back to the shower.

Thanks. This conversation I was having was in response to me thinking the shots were both taken near the bedroom facing the wall shared with the closet. I was talking to someone who believes the second picture was taken near the linen closet on the opposite wall.

I agree that the camera wouldn't go up and down the hallway. I was asking the person who said the pictures were taken at opposite ends of the hall how it would be possible.

Where in the sequence of the "kicked camera" pics is this one? I have not seen this pic with a time stamp on it to know where this one falls. My assumption is that it is fairly late, i.e. after the other dragging picture.

I think it was something like 5:33, but don't quote me on that. It was after the other hallway picture. He has the same blood smears on the right shoulder as that picture, so that means the wall has to be on his left.

Here's my depiction of how JA dragged TA back to the bathroom.

34eosnl.png

Sorry, I'm no artist! :)

I don't see how she can drag a 200lb man forward like that. But im this scenario, how is the camera activated to take a photo?

I think it's the missing shower mat.

There was the bamboo mat in front of the shower. Check his famous shaving photo and you'll see it's the same mat right in front of the shower. Are you also saying he had another one in front of the tub?

Also notice that the shower door is open in that shaving picture. I'm thinking that door had issues of coming open, because I can think of no reason that it would be hanging open in his shaving picture.

Travis-shaving-shower-door-open-to-right.jpg

So you mean face first? And wouldn't it be difficult with his legs in front like that? I had envisioned like this , except for the arms out like handles or crossed:

ClothesDrag.jpg.jpg

This person is pulling this woman by her shirt, isn't he? Could Jodi pull a man slick with blood backward by his shoulders?

I go along with your direction Reality Man, as opposed to feet toward bedroom. The back seems to be more curved as if being pulled toward legs rather than away.

How does the camera take the picture if Jodi is straddling travis at the instant the photo is snapped?

How does the camera take the picture if Jodi is straddling travis at the instant the photo is snapped?

Someone mentioned that the camera may have a second delay after the button is activated before the photo is snapped. Either JA bumped it with her foot or TA's body bumped it as she was dragging him.

There is the same issue with the previous photo. It looks like, in the previous photo, JA bumped the camera with get right foot.

Someone mentioned that the camera may have a second delay after the button is activated before the photo is snapped. Either JA bumped it with her foot or TA's body bumped it as she was dragging him.

There is the same issue with the previous photo. It looks like, in the previous photo, JA bumped the camera with get right foot.

I don't agree she bumped it with her right foot. It was her left heel, which is actually directly in front of the camera.

That would be a long delay in my opinion.

I think she stabbed him first. I can't wrap my head around him defending himself after a shot in the forehead. I can't think of any case where a shot in the forehead didn't immediately cause unconsciousness. No one takes a bullet in the frontal lobe and walks around for a few minutes.

If she had grazed his forehead and it did'nt pierce the skull, than it would be possible but the bullet went through the skull. I think she was crouched down when he was sitting and she stabbed him in the chest. He couldn't believe it and lunged at her as she was moving. He and she reached the sinks and he stood up and gagged. Then she started stabbing him again. This time getting him near the heart. When he went towards her she stabbed him in the head. She headed to the bdrm to grab the cell phone so he couldn't call for help...and he crawled after her, begging for help, grabbing at her. At this point she didn't have the gun, she picked up his head from the back and slit his throat. She turns him over near the wall to get him on his back. She then drags him back to the b/r and sits him near the shower door where he slumps. She takes a few breathes. She removes her bloody socks (his) and pants and gets the gun. She shoots him outside the shower while he is slumped. She wants to make it appear as if there were two people. One with a knife; one with a gun.

She pulls him into the shower. Turns on the water and lets it run all over him.

She puts all the clothing, towels, mats everything in a garbage bag (were they kept under the sink or linen closet?). She cleans up in ths shower, straddling him. She may have kept the shorts and tank top(I assume under the sweats) on while she showered. She cleans up, locks his bdrm door, goes barefoot to the kitchen and then the laundry, sneaking out the garage to her car, still wet,, taking necessary items with her. Arizona heat would have her dry in no time.

If she snuck in to kill him while in the shower, at what point did she put on HIS socks? This alone may prove more towards premediation. She wore his socks so there would be no footprints...pretty clever, isn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor