Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Girl Interrupted, I believe Jolie was the Narcissist and that other one, what's her name that was arrested for shoplifting, was the BPD.

Jolie was a sociopath, other one was BPD

Do you think that describes what is required or allowed by media or anyone? I notice it specifies equipment that is "state of the art" must be used. If the recorder was used without the judge's permission and the defense gets hold of it, there could be a problem.

I've read through a few times and I'm not sure. But I know she and the rest of the family have been in court dealing with preceedings as JA has delayed this for years now, so I'm inclined to believe she's familiar with what's prohibited. I can't imagine being so blatant and reckless if it could cause such a problem. Kwim?

I'm definitely not an expert on psychological disorders, but BPD is not necessarily something that can cause a person to murder. A sociopath is one who will....is that right?

LOL...someone earlier said they were like looking for things in the clouds in the sky and that's true! :)

:floorlaugh:

just a little joke...
I'm pretty sure Travis isn't gonna help her now! :angel:
Even though she thinks she can blame him...

Just a quick article from UK Daily Beast confirming Angelina Jolie's role as a BPD:

Sex on the Edge
Jun 21, 2010 6:48 PM EDT

To some men, women with Borderline Personality Disorder hold an irresistible allure in bed. Gina Piccalo on the mental illness that can lead to wild sex.

Chaos can have a bewitching allure, particularly when it comes in the form of a whip-smart, dead-sexy woman with ferocious impulses, deep emotional scars and no real sense of self.

For some, it is beyond irresistible.

Think Marilyn Monroe, a sex bomb who cloaked her own psychic wounds in breathy splendor while, privately, teetering on the edge of oblivion. Or consider the complex and glamorous young Glenn Close, when she first walks on screen in Fatal Attraction. Or Angelina Jolie’s fragile and terrifying mental patient in Girl, Interrupted. Or any one of the modern-day pop stars, ingénues and reality TV spawn who live as if they’re always in character, always trawling for companionship, looking for someone to love or blame, because they just can’t find themselves.

“We were turned in on each other and to hell with the rest of the world,” he recalled. “It really felt like she was losing herself to me and I felt the same way. And that’s what made it so hot.”

Psychologically speaking, they could all be diagnosed with shades of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), a sort of femme fatale of the new millennium, the very traits of which—a black-white world-view, deep fear of abandonment, passionate mood swings, unstable relationships and devastating vulnerability—can add up to an intoxicating woman-child with a dark side.

This pic will make the shower body pic easier to understand.

lyCZc.jpg

I'm almost afraid to ask .... but please explain. What is that a photo of?

Just a quick article from UK Daily Beast confirming Angelina Jolie's role as a BPD:

snip...

In the actual movie, though, Jolie was dx as sociopath (thanks Linda I forgot) and Rider was dx as BPD. Don't make me watch it again, lol.

And to keep it OT, I do see JA as more BPD. She was reacting to uncontrolled emotion, imo. Conversely, I see FCA as lacking emotion, other than frussshtration.

eta: FWIW, I thought they had it wrong in the movie.

This pic will make the shower body pic easier to understand.

lyCZc.jpg

Was that pic shown on the live feed? I did not see it. I would like to see the pics the jury saw. I took Anatomy&Physiology class (beginning) in college and our class would sometimes observe the med students in the cadaver lab. I only add that so nobody will think I am a gore hound.

I'm definitely not an expert on psychological disorders, but BPD is not necessarily something that can cause a person to murder. A sociopath is one who will....is that right?

Hmmmm, there is also a distinction between psychopathy and sociopathy. People with anti social personality disorder have psychopathic traits. But they're not the same.

Not all psychopaths are murderers either, many are very successful politicians;) no joke!

Sex on the Edge
Jun 21, 2010 6:48 PM EDT

To some men, women with Borderline Personality Disorder hold an irresistible allure in bed. Gina Piccalo on the mental illness that can lead to wild sex.

Chaos can have a bewitching allure, particularly when it comes in the form of a whip-smart, dead-sexy woman with ferocious impulses, deep emotional scars and no real sense of self.

For some, it is beyond irresistible.

Think Marilyn Monroe, a sex bomb who cloaked her own psychic wounds in breathy splendor while, privately, teetering on the edge of oblivion. Or consider the complex and glamorous young Glenn Close, when she first walks on screen in Fatal Attraction. Or Angelina Jolie’s fragile and terrifying mental patient in Girl, Interrupted. Or any one of the modern-day pop stars, ingénues and reality TV spawn who live as if they’re always in character, always trawling for companionship, looking for someone to love or blame, because they just can’t find themselves.

“We were turned in on each other and to hell with the rest of the world,” he recalled. “It really felt like she was losing herself to me and I felt the same way. And that’s what made it so hot.”

Psychologically speaking, they could all be diagnosed with shades of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), a sort of femme fatale of the new millennium, the very traits of which—a black-white world-view, deep fear of abandonment, passionate mood swings, unstable relationships and devastating vulnerability—can add up to an intoxicating woman-child with a dark side.

Omg watch the movie!

There's even a line ....." Lisa thinks she's hot sh!!tt because she's a sociopath! "

Link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172493/quotes

I wish I could find the original somewhere! I should have copied mine before I marked all over it. I see a "foot" now. on the lower left quarter of photo.
IMO it is his "limp foot" on his right dragging on the floor.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1457&pictureid=14485

They mentioned "his" foot in court... I thought???

:floorlaugh: Gotta let it go! I'll start seeing kittens and daycare signs soon!

Was JA arrested July 15 2008 also ??? ~ too weird!

I know what you mean. Every time you look at it you see it a different way. Take a look at the enhanced one again. I looked at it again and thought there's something wrong with the shape of the arm that's pointed out. Now it looks to me like that's his right leg thigh to knee, and the foot is his left foot sticking out because his left leg is folded underneath him. You can see his right arm is kind of tucked around his body. One thing is for sure, this picture was taken at an impossible angle if it was taken on purpose.

In the actual movie, though, Jolie was dx as sociopath (thanks Linda I forgot) and Rider was dx as BPD. Don't make me watch it again, lol.

And to keep it OT, I do see JA as more BPD. She was reacting to uncontrolled emotion, imo. Conversely, I see FCA as lacking emotion, other than frussshtration.

eta: FWIW, I thought they had it wrong in the movie.

You're correct, they got it wrong in the movie. Lisa was played well & accurare till she broke down sobbing and remorseful. Unless it was to manipulate, it would never happen.

My mother has been diagnosed with BPD. In my research I believe personality disorders, especially those in Cluster B, have a lot of "overlap" when it comes to symptoms. Plus the whole comorbidity thing. I am certainly no psychological expert though.

JMO

My mother has been diagnosed with BPD. In my research I believe personality disorders, especially those in Cluster B, have a lot of "overlap" when it comes to symptoms. Plus the whole comorbidity thing. I am certainly no psychological expert though.

JMO

Psychopathy isn't in the dsm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members