Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. That is what the jury will ask if they do not
prove that she was actually a stalker versus a girl Travis talked trash about.
That is LWOP.

Are you saying that if they don't prove she is a stalker she won't get the DP???

does anyone know if and where i can see the photos that where on TA's camera that JA took during the murder?

Oh the jury has a question.

uh oh. jury wants to know who said travis was a flirt. jury pool must have been from an elementary school. we are in trouble if this is relevent to them.

With all due respect, I completely disagree that it was dumb question. I LOL'd when the judge read it. There was a big fight between the prosecution and defense over that testimony because of hearsay. The jury wanted it nailed down if it was hearsay or not. I thought it was brilliant. JMO

Totally agree, he's lying about not having sex IMO.

I'm not sure Burns is lying about not having sex. He stated he was not going to church when he met JA. For all I know he resigned. One does not have to be excommunicated from the Mormon church anymore. There was a lawsuit where the plaintiff wanted the option of resigning instead of the Mormon church excomm. him and he won and now anybody can resign.

If he was no longer under the authority of the Mormon church and fearful of church dicipline, not sure why he would lie.:moo:

Why doesn't anyone understand what I am saying? Men tell their friends girls are stalkers when they are embarrassed of them .it's not always true. If no one saw it we don't know it wasn't just a guy trying to look like he wasn't egging her on. Has anything been shown where someone saw her crawl through the dog door or where they saw her following him? His word means nothing
if he's trying to convince people who dislike Jodi that
he doesn't have any interest in her.

I understand completely. He denies her existence as someone he is actively engaged with. He projects an image of upstanding moral Mormon. It helps his image, status and business. He is a marketeer, after all, and apparently pretty good at it. Everyone believes him. She is a pariah. Since she is a secret and isolated, who would believe her?

In my mind, that is the root cause of her rage....humiliation, despair and zero validation that she is worth more than a 2-bit *advertiser censored* in the eyes of everyone. Yet he actively continues to engage in a relationship with her. I get it why she didn't/couldn't break away, but many who are unfamiliar with emotional abuse probably won't be able to understand.

But it doesn't justify his murder! Unless it can be shown there was a pattern of violent abuse (IMO) and that she was "reasonably afraid" (vs psycho raging).

Maureen Smith sworn in . . . JA looking up adjusting glasses and flipping her hair - MS is fingerprint (latent print) examiner - compare ink prints . . . . work completed on 6/17/08 - individual prints of JA . . .

livescan 10 prints - uses computer system - no ink - roll finger over clean glass and computer takes image . . #294 moved to be admitted . . . Defense looking over exhibit - no objection - admitted

Prints taken @ Mesa @ Main Station - 130 N Robeson(?) - include a name and backside includes residence of indiv. . . 352 Pine Street Yreka, CA

Cross exam . . .
what were circumstances of obtaining . . . Det. Flores bringing in couple of individuals - doing them as part of case investigation - JA came in and offered opportunity to print her.

State Calls Kevin Biggs - Mesa PD - forensic Latent Print Examiner #2

same work as Maureen Smith - points out JA in court . . .

Exhibit #293 - major case prints taken of JA on 6/17 -palm prints, joint prints and the old fashioned way w/ink and paper.

Exhibit #294 - set of prints taken on digital computer by Maureen Smith - also a 10 print card.

AFIS system only did 10 prints - I was able to get palm print and edges of the hand - at th time I took thse the machine we were using only took 10 prints and not palm and edges. No way to date it other than to look @ when machine was manufactured.

#293 - admitted . . . difference that he was describing - ink and paper - JA provided info about height/weight/date of birth . . . back shows left palm print . . . left little finger - felt he needed to roll it again on back as not enough space on the front.....

the thumb side of the palm. . . one on back is the right palm.

Cross exam . . . prints obtained Mesa Police station - latent unit - JA provided these prints . . . witness steps down

With all due respect, I completely disagree that it was dumb question. I LOL'd when the judge read it. There was a big fight between the prosecution and defense over that testimony because of hearsay. The jury wanted it nailed down if it was hearsay or not. I thought it was brilliant. JMO

I agree now as well. That was my initial reaction, but I am glad that they are being thorough. Lesson any chance for appeals, I say.

I agree with you. This is her one shot (no pun intended). I don't know what went on in their relationship or during the murder yet, but if there was DV and she was fearful or abused or whatever, this is the only shot she has to defend herself.

If you try to step back from the emotion and look objectively, she has the legal right to a defense. And if there is a 1 in a million chance that she does have a valid defense, then this is the only chance she has to present it.

I don't know if the defense has anything substantive or not. We'll find out eventually. I would hope they have something of significance to present during their case or we wouldn't be watching a trial. I can't imagine a successful self defense argument based on what, 4 days of the prosecution's case so far, but we just don't know yet.

And let's just pretend or imagine that she does have a valid defense, just for argument's sake. There is a very tight group of people with significant religious beliefs who want to protect themselves and probably their friend's image as well. People who have not been privy to the truth from TA about his "real" lifestyle. A group of people banded together to all say "he's the greatest" is pretty formidable. I don't think many, if anyone, knows the other side of him which is not an upstanding moral guy within the framework of the Mormon beliefs.

could not agree more. Some of the prosecutions witnesses are pointless because they do not have a full picture. This is a dramatic comparison but no one believed Ted Bundy was a killer who knew him. his public image did not reflect who he truly was. people are up in arms about supposed character assassination but the truth is that the defense is hired to save her life. If the prosecution have evidence of her stalking him ( real evidence not hearsay) that's a card the prosecution needs to play. if the defense can disprove the stalking rumor it paints her as a victim of his manipulation not the reverse.

Making mental note to always have plain normal walls just in case something happens and barney fife investigates my murder

States witness, Maureen Smith - Mesa PD Latent Print Examiner
Took scanned (digital) prints and a buccal swab of the defendant at the Mesa PD Main Station on June 17, 2008

97p98p.png

States witness, Kevin Biggs - Mesa PD Latent Print Examiner II
Took major case prints (finger prints as well as palm prints) with ink and paper of defendant on June 17, 2008

2qx1bad.png

Hi Everyone!! I've been trying to stay caught up on here and the fb page.. while watching the trial. Thanks for all of the great posts. It really helps when things gets missed.

I wanted to possibly clear a few things up. I am here in AZ and have been on a First Degree Murder Trial Jury back in the late 90's. I was thankful when they offered breaks because trust me.. sitting there for long periods of time is sometimes difficult and honestly.. sometimes difficult to hear the same testimony over and over again by multiple people. The other reason for the breaks are at times that opportunity needs to be taken in between witnesses.. never know how long the next one will be on the stand.

Another thing I wanted to mention, and I apologize if it's already been said, but the defense attorney's are public defenders that have years of experience for the state of Arizona. They basically have been assigned to this case because JA cannot afford an attorney herself and we the tax payers of AZ are picking up the tab. It is their job to provide the best possible defense for her regardless of how they feel. Considering the amazing amount of evidence and testimony against her... they only have SOOO much to work with.. It's never ending with JA... Her actions leading up to, during, and even after TA's murder is beyond comprehension. I can't really think of any other case that has had as many things (for lack of a better word) associated with it.

Also, the defendant in the trial I sat on could not afford an attorney either. Most cannot and it is the tax payers that pick up the tab.

Why does she write with putt-putt golf pencils?

Are you saying that if they don't prove she is a stalker she won't get the DP???

I am saying if they do not address the contradictions in TA and his lifestyle chances the jury will be left with questions. if they continue to paint him as a perfect man seduced by an evil woman the pieces won't fit.

Why weren't both sides of the IMing provided? Instead like the PA pointed out it seems like the defense had pick and choose pieces of the IMing puzzle.

I'm pretty sure there were pretrial hearings on the admission of emails and texts, although I'm not sure they related to Ryan's. I think the judge ruled many were inadmissible, or only parts were admissible, because of the prejudicial aspect of the remaining parts.

There's a court doc which explains this better than I can.

could not agree more. Some of the prosecutions witnesses are pointless because they do not have a full picture. This is a dramatic comparison but no one believed Ted Bundy was a killer who knew him. his public image did not reflect who he truly was. people are up in arms about supposed character assassination but the truth is that the defense is hired to save her life. If the prosecution have evidence of her stalking him ( real evidence not hearsay) that's a card the prosecution needs to play. if the defense can disprove the stalking rumor it paints her as a victim of his manipulation not the reverse.

She was not manipulated. She herself has stated they both agreed to continue the sexual relationship after they broke up. She was fully aware he was seeing other women. She chose to continue to see him anyway.

Reposting this link for anyone joining now that wants to reference photos and other evidence. GRAPHIC. warning.

i admit i can't stand gore - not even movies - but these pics really seem important to case imo, and don't really gross me out - more just amazed at every thing she did - even his last pic in shower alive - he seems off :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange