Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am saying if they do not address the contradictions in TA and his lifestyle chances the jury will be left with questions. if they continue to paint him as a perfect man seduced by an evil woman the pieces won't fit.

Give them a chance to present their case first. So much more to come out yet. jmo

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!! I've been trying to stay caught up on here and the fb page.. while watching the trial. Thanks for all of the great posts. It really helps when things gets missed.

I wanted to possibly clear a few things up. I am here in AZ and have been on a First Degree Murder Trial Jury back in the late 90's. I was thankful when they offered breaks because trust me.. sitting there for long periods of time is sometimes difficult and honestly.. sometimes difficult to hear the same testimony over and over again by multiple people. The other reason for the breaks are at times that opportunity needs to be taken in between witnesses.. never know how long the next one will be on the stand.

Another thing I wanted to mention, and I apologize if it's already been said, but the defense attorney's are public defenders that have years of experience for the state of Arizona. They basically have been assigned to this case because JA cannot afford an attorney herself and we the tax payers of AZ are picking up the tab. It is their job to provide the best possible defense for her regardless of how they feel. Considering the amazing amount of evidence and testimony against her... they only have SOOO much to work with.. It's never ending with JA... Her actions leading up to, during, and even after TA's murder is beyond comprehension. I can't really think of any other case that has had as many things (for lack of a better word) associated with it.

Also, the defendant in the trial I sat on could not afford an attorney either. Most cannot and it is the tax payers that pick up the tab.

I don't see a lot of warmth between JA and her attorneys. This is probably the reason because they were "assigned" to her. I know they have to give her the best defense possible, but I bet that they both can barely stand to be there. What a position to be in! But, that's the norm for Public Defenders. I worked for a Public Defender when I was in college and it was quite an eye opener!

I understand completely. He denies her existence as someone he is actively engaged with. He projects an image of upstanding moral Mormon. It helps his image, status and business. He is a marketeer, after all, and apparently pretty good at it. Everyone believes him. She is a pariah. Since she is a secret and isolated, who would believe her?

In my mind, that is the root cause of her rage....humiliation, despair and zero validation that she is worth more than a 2-bit *advertiser censored* in the eyes of everyone. Yet he actively continues to engage in a relationship with her. I get it why she didn't/couldn't break away, but many who are unfamiliar with emotional abuse probably won't be able to understand.

But it doesn't justify his murder! Unless it can be shown there was a pattern of violent abuse (IMO) and that she was "reasonably afraid" (vs psycho raging).

exactly. my instincts tell me that's why she killed him. He was horrible to her emotionally but if that is all her defense is worthless. She needs something bigger than a shirt to prove she was defending herself.

She was not manipulated. She herself has stated they both agreed to continue the sexual relationship after they broke up. She was fully aware he was seeing other women. She chose to continue to see him anyway.

There is absolutely NO WAY in HELL-O that they will be able to show that she is a battered woman, a victim, etc. Too much "stuff" to overcome. They may be able to get her out of the DP, but I even doubt that. She is a cold-blooded murderer of the worst kind. She's worse than most other killers I have known about. She takes the cake!

I'm pretty sure there were pretrial hearings on the admission of emails and texts, although I'm not sure they related to Ryan's. I think the judge ruled many were inadmissible, or only parts were admissible, because of the prejudicial aspect of the remaining parts.

There's a court doc which explains this better than I can.

Thank you for the explanation Boodles. I didn't understand why the disjointed number of texts. I still don't understand what the defense hoped to gain by it. Their client is a young woman capable of murdering a man, driving to another man's place and hugging and kissing him for fifteen hours. How does this help Jodi other than paint her as deeply, deeply disturbed.

Maureen Smith back on stand . . . collect dna samples for unknown and known samples . . .collected a buccol swab - inside cheek swab - JA came into station gave prints and dna swab same day

State calls . . .Heather Conner - exhibit #139 . . . picture of west wall hallway - between master bedroom and bath . piece of wal - w/square drawn around it . . . seized the wall . . .

#140 - ltent palm impression developed on the wall - friction ridge from palm side of hand . . . once back to lab - add'l photos taken in lab. While @ scene - photos taken on the wall and it was tight space to work with camera and tripod - took the wall piece with latent print to look @ in the lab.

Comparison done between photo and the known prints. . . photo of latent palm print from the wall . . .

there were numerous photos of the same ridge detail and surface . . Exhibit #140 arrow indicates directionality - up to to the ceiling . . . LCV = luco crystal violet

Exhibit #292 - admitted . . .
start lower right hand corner - initials Hc - employee ID 16166 and date 6/26/08 == date latent print individualized . .. . .

date at the top - designator assigned by her #169A

info on the back o the photograph

compare #292 to #294 - 10print card - this was not compared to this record. . . #293 is what she worked with - latent palm print - compared to this exemplar -

findings -conclusion latent #169A left palm of Jodi Ann Arias . . . this witness put that info on it.

Piece of wall - witness asks to see i . . . wall was orited this way - holding up . . . this region - left palm . . .

hand is diagonal and pointing down - fingers going off to the right bottom . . .

#217 - scale collected item 15LB - this has a glass like top.

Exhibit #217 - admitted

#227 - bathmat - admitted

Exhibit #63 & #64 - pillows & comforter . . did you collect that? don't think so . . . gloved hands to open items in evidence . . .

These were items collected out of dryer.

#212 - items - entered

says on bag and bedding items - don't recall every item in there . . . sheets, another sheet item with buttons - a duvet cover?, towels and the like.

Exhibit #130 - area on carpet with stain . . . carpet leading to master bedroom right where it leads from master bath . . . birds eye view of red stains on carpet. ... tile on the hallway also shown in picture.

Exhibit #211
wrapped in butcher paper - appears to be same piece of carpet shown . . . .

(JA looking away . . . head down) while witness pulls out carpeting piece from bag and butcher paper ( . . . this is piece of carpet can see some of the staining on interior fold . . . . Any butcher paper available? no we don't have any . . .

(interesting to not she is asking for Butcher paper! in front of the butcher)

JA is gonna get her face stuck in that frown expression.

Eeewww there is the rug with the stain from his throat being cut open.

She was not manipulated. She herself has stated they both agreed to continue the sexual relationship after they broke up. She was fully aware he was seeing other women. She chose to continue to see him anyway.

maybe you didn't know anyone in your life like this but many many many women enter into sexual relationships as sex buddies and tell their partner they do not care it's just sex when they really have feelings. if she was stalking him
and following him like has not been proven, he knew it wasn't just sex and he continued the relationship.

And here we go with the dry cry. Is that anything like having the dry heaves?

Because the Defense is afraid she will stab them with anything bigger? IMO

That's what I was gonna say. I can't imagine giving that woman any sharp objects -- even a put put pencil. I think they should give her a dull crayon myself.

And here we go with the dry cry. Is that anything like having the dry heaves?

Oh yes, the carpet where it appears where she slashed his throat. Not feeling sorry for you dear. Suck it up - you did this. Deal with it!!

Been watching trial and catching up with your posts.

Ryan Burns testimony really was important in many ways. I hope it sticks in jurors minds that she arrived to visit him with cuts on her hands and wore long sleeves - she didn't have DV bruises from trying to defend herself.

is he serious, why didnt he ask this last week......

Eeewww there is the rug with the stain from his throat being cut open.
Sorry not an attack on Really? but it is a piece of removed carpet and it has yet to be proven if that blood is from the throat cut. Don't want anyone to think they missed something.

There is absolutely NO WAY in HELL-O that they will be able to show that she is a battered woman, a victim, etc. Too much "stuff" to overcome. They may be able to get her out of the DP, but I even doubt that. She is a cold-blooded murderer of the worst kind. She's worse than most other killers I have known about. She takes the cake!

Seriously! She made the decision to stay. She moved back to California and still drove to Arizona to have sex with him. All she had to do is say no. No one forced her or manipulated her to do anything. She wanted someone who was upfront with her that he did not feel the same and she could not handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills