Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awesome to see Hinky members around! Welcome Ann-Tx!!! (I neglected to mention earlier I very fondly recall KZ's experimentation with carpet samples. ;))
--------------------------------------
Here's the timeline for the letters (sorry I thought they surfaced 2009 but it was 2010):

June 1 the defendant discloses copies of the letters to the state.
June 3rd defense files motion allowing expert examination of evidence - no clue what that evidence is.
June 10th State files motion to preclude letters purportedly written by Travis.
Motion can be viewed here, page 11: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document...c_id=109828551
June 18th state makes oral argument seeking original letters be disclosed for their own examiner.
September 14th State is ordered to turn Travis' journals over to the defense's handwriting expert.
October 26th Letters are discussed and have been examined by defense expert. Defense seeks motion requesting additional discovery 'relating to the assertion that the letters submitted to the court are forged'.
November 18th Defense withdraws above motion based on discussions held.

August 8th Jodi moves to represent herself.
August 15th Judge Stephens reinstates Jodi's attorneys. At this hearing the defense handwriting expert also testifies and the defense withdraws their objection to the State's motion to preclude the letters.

AFAIK these letters purportedly bolstered Arias claim of self-defense/past abuse by Travis. If the self-defense theory came before this, or if Jodi made a statement to LE subsequent to obtaining them, I don't know...but the self-defense version is made very clear through multiple court filings - seemingly it begins with the letters but I have not read every entry in the minutes either.

I have been thinking about TA's Cancun trip and how he was going to take Marie "Mimi" Hall with him and not JA. Mimi testified that she and TA would be staying at a church member's house and they would not be sharing a room. Mimi said she would be sharing a room with the church member's daughter. Sounds like a drag to me.

I am in no way a high maintenance lady but staying anywhere other than in a hotel does not appeal to me. Not so sure JA would murder TA just because he would not take her to Cancun and put her up in a church member's house where they could not sleep together. Not really a first class experience IMHO. She must have been desperate.
Chris Hughes (Travis' business partner and friend) is downright adamant Cancun was so important to Jodi because it was on 'their' 1000 Places to See Before You Die list...but like you I really wonder. I've always believed the trip to Cancun was do or die - but in that Jodi had a limited amount of time to act on her plans before Travis left. We should be hearing about the 'goodbye' message Travis sent Jodi the last weekend in May soon and that may clarify things.

Oh, I wish I saw Vinnie enact it. Jodi crawling down the wall like a lizard. I don't see it as a yoga move, but more like a stripper move.

Good Night All :eek:fftobed:

Oh my, Vinnie was in rare form today, haha, he had me rolling several times! They would cut camera to Vinnie, and one time he had his feet up in his chair squatting in his jeans, black jacket, pink shirt and pink tie (looking good Vinnie!) and I don't even remember the point he was making I was laughing so hard! I was glad to see he was hiding a nice comfy pair of jeans under the anchor desk though. I like to see their real personality. :great:

And what the heck was Jodi doing that stretch thing for? Surely she knows, as everybody knows, those rooms are not only recorded but also monitored whenever you are left alone. Sheesh, she was acting like such a ****. :what:

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking that TA was finally deciding that it was time for him to settle down, stop being the playboy of sorts. I think his conscience finally caught up to him. He tells JA that it's really over now - no more friends with benefits - that he's starting fresh, yada yada.

JA already knows about the Cancun trip, and about Mimi, but also knows he's not that into Mimi - that's just a trip with friends. But JA also knows this is it - she and TA are definitely over - no more road trips, no more chance that she will marry a successful guy and move into a big house with an expensive car...

So, JA decides she'll try to convince him one more time that she's really the only one for him. She drives from CA to AZ. Doesn't matter whether he knows she's coming or not - if he does he figures he'll just explain his final stance to her face to face. She gets him to have sex with her - a kind of "our last time together" thing .. But in her mind she's hoping to rope him back into the relationship. But by this point, the sex is probably getting boring for him - like it can with married couples - and there's not much of any substance to keep the relationship together anymore.

So, after sex and all, they have a "heart to heart" and he tells her it's really over - time for her to go. She gets dressed and goes out to her car as if she's actually leaving. He goes to take a shower. She sneaks back in, grabs the camera and starts taking pics of him without the flash - so he won't know she's there. The pics of him look like someone who's taking a long shower and trying to revitalize after being totally drained emotionally. Note the one pic that shows his back - he seems to have his forehead against the cool tiled wall. Then at some point, he senses her there. He slumps down in the shower into a sitting position. She's pleading with him not to end the relationship. He's exhausted and exasperated - the pic of him sitting in the shower - the one that uses the flash - he must have been saying "enough already - we've been through this - it's over".

She's known this is what is was coming to and she's been pissed that he could just toss her away like that. No one uses her - she does the using. Camera drops, gun/knife come out and the rest is history.

Sorry for the long post, but I really needed to say this. What are your thoughts?

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking that TA was finally deciding that it was time for him to settle down, stop being the playboy of sorts. I think his conscience finally caught up to him. He tells JA that it's really over now - no more friends with benefits - that he's starting fresh, yada yada.

JA already knows about the Cancun trip, and about Mimi, but also knows he's not that into Mimi - that's just a trip with friends. But JA also knows this is it - she and TA are definitely over - no more road trips, no more chance that she will marry a successful guy and move into a big house with an expensive car...

So, JA decides she'll try to convince him one more time that she's really the only one for him. She drives from CA to AZ. Doesn't matter whether he knows she's coming or not - if he does he figures he'll just explain his final stance to her face to face. She gets him to have sex with her - a kind of "our last time together" thing .. But in her mind she's hoping to rope him back into the relationship. But by this point, the sex is probably getting boring for him - like it can with married couples - and there's not much of any substance to keep the relationship together anymore.

So, after sex and all, they have a "heart to heart" and he tells her it's really over - time for her to go. She gets dressed and goes out to her car as if she's actually leaving. He goes to take a shower. She sneaks back in, grabs the camera and starts taking pics of him without the flash - so he won't know she's there. The pics of him look like someone who's taking a long shower and trying to revitalize after being totally drained emotionally. Note the one pic that shows his back - he seems to have his forehead against the cool tiled wall. Then at some point, he senses her there. He slumps down in the shower into a sitting position. She's pleading with him not to end the relationship. He's exhausted and exasperated - the pic of him sitting in the shower - the one that uses the flash - he must have been saying "enough already - we've been through this - it's over".

She's known this is what is was coming to and she's been pissed that he could just toss her away like that. No one uses her - she does the using. Camera drops, gun/knife come out and the rest is history.

Sorry for the long post, but I really needed to say this. What are your thoughts?

I think you summed it up perfectly.

I am following this trial as much as i can do, due to the time difference. I am very convinced of her guilt.

I have a few questions, if anyone could answer them I would be happy.

1) if he was dragged from the hallway like the procecution said he was. Do they know this for sure, is their evidence of him being dragged, such as blood marks. I know JA's hand print is on the wall in blood, but he was a big guy and I have trouble imagining her being able to drag him in this way.

2) Is there any reports of the neighbours seeing a car outside that wasn't familar.

Also, does anyone know if maybe travis had any text messgaes on his phone from his new girlfriend. THe reason I ask, is I believe this is what set JA off. I think she called him and he invited her down even though it was late, she thought in her mind there was perhaps a chance of them getting back together. They had sex, took pictures and video. THen when travis was in the shower, she looked at his phone, like she has before. Saw a text from new girlfriend sying perhaps she couldnt wait until their trip. Perhaps this sent her into a jealous rage and she attacked him in the shower.

Does this make sense or do I watch far too much CSI lol.

Was it known prior to the trial that the story would change to Tale #3 of "Yes I did it but it was self defense"? (Tale #1 - "I wasn't there, it wasn't me", Tale #2 - "Ok, I was there but I saw two Ninjas do it".) If so, when did Tale #3 come out? Was it in the early stages of investigation? Or in one of her jail press conferences with the media? How and when did Tale #3 become known?

July 15th 2008- i didnt do it...i wasnt there
July 16th 2008- ok ..i was there but i didnt do it-ninja story
June 2010 -i did it but it was self defense-story after her attys filed to use affirnative defense

So I been lurking for a day or so, very interesting stuff.

Just joined up, as requested by wenwe4. I had never even heard of this case until a couple of days ago when I followed a link from a news page. Holy Mackerel! Poor guy! And what a whack job of a bimbo.

I hope it's OK for a noob to jump right in. So here goes...

I'm no gun expert, but I've been around them a bit. A .25 is about the worst possible gun you could get for this, or almost any attempt to inflict real harm on a human being. She could not have planned this any worse if she had tried.

With that being said, I know a lot of the curiosity has surrounded the chain of events (which came first, gun or knife?). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw somewhere that the bullet went in somewhere around his right eye and was lodged near his left cheek. This is a VERY weak projectile. When you consider that the 9mm that Gabby Giffords took to the forehead (I think) went all the way through and it was not shot as close as this .25 probably was.

My thinking is, since she is left-handed, she fired a shot with the gun against his head, maybe around his temple. The bullet penetrated somewhere around his eye, then traveled into his skull, but was deflected through his sinus cavity and didn't have the oomph to exit and stopped when it hit the inside of his left cheekbone.

The recoil and noise of the gun, as negligible as it was, considering the caliber, startled her and she dropped the gun, thinking she had done the deed. Travis got nothing more than a punch to the face/side of the head, which would have stunned and dazed him, but no way it was lethal. So now he falls/climbs out of the shower and raises himself up to the sink, looks in the mirror and by now has a spewer of a nosebleed, thus all the blood from his nose and mouth in the postmortem photos and all the blood around the sink.

She would have had no way of knowing whether the one shot would be lethal, so she probably had a knife of some kind (might have been a hunting knife that went missing in the burglary but nobody reported it; there were long guns in the cabinet, so grampa is probably a hunter). When he survived the gunshot, she had to go to plan B. Having seen all kinds of people on TV get stabbed and drop, she figured one stick would do him. Almost all lethal stabbings are of the multiple entry wound variety.

OK, this is just my opinion, as you folks say, so take it for what its worth.

Good to meet y'all and we'll see how this thing turns out.

I am in agreement with your post. It makes very little sense that he was shot last. The trajectory of the bullet follows a path of him sitting down. It was probably right around the last shower photos where he is sitting at the bottom of the shower. I think she was holding the gun on him at that point. I don't see him just sitting there as she comes towards him with a knife. I know the evidence from the ME supports the opposite, but common sense tells me that is just not the case.

Hi everyone!

That is what I think as well. This is not self defense.

What 10%. I don't know what you mean. tia

You can only paste, say a paragraph. You must provide a link to the rest of the article. I'm behind in the thread so someone may have answered you already. It has to do with copyright laws. jmo

I am following this trial as much as i can do, due to the time difference. I am very convinced of her guilt.

I have a few questions, if anyone could answer them I would be happy.

1) if he was dragged from the hallway like the procecution said he was. Do they know this for sure, is their evidence of him being dragged, such as blood marks. I know JA's hand print is on the wall in blood, but he was a big guy and I have trouble imagining her being able to drag him in this way.

2) Is there any reports of the neighbours seeing a car outside that wasn't familar.

Also, does anyone know if maybe travis had any text messgaes on his phone from his new girlfriend. THe reason I ask, is I believe this is what set JA off. I think she called him and he invited her down even though it was late, she thought in her mind there was perhaps a chance of them getting back together. They had sex, took pictures and video. THen when travis was in the shower, she looked at his phone, like she has before. Saw a text from new girlfriend sying perhaps she couldnt wait until their trip. Perhaps this sent her into a jealous rage and she attacked him in the shower.

Does this make sense or do I watch far too much CSI lol.

There were pics of drag marks along the baseboards and hallway wall. The hallway wall two swipe marks on it. It looks as though it may have been the back of his head and a portion of his back. Also, don't forget the accidental camera pic of him being dragged on the tile.

I haven't heard or read anything concerning neighbors. That is a good question. There is usually always a nosey neighbor in the area. I hold that honor in my neighborhood.:blushing:

I think she planned this. I don't think it was a text message that set her off. I think she spent a long time stewing over not being the one chosen to go on a Cancun trip with TA. She probably felt the nerve of him to take someone else and not her when she is actually giving up the goods.:furious: ( this is probably how her weak mind thinks.)

New thread: this one will close shortly

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196187"]Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #9 *may contain graphic and adult content* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Could somebody tell me what the state is seeking against JA. What is the jury able to decide on also, any links would be appreciated. Thank you!!! I know they are going after the DP but is there just first degree murder or any other possibilities? TIA

There were pics of drag marks along the baseboards and hallway wall. The hallway wall two swipe marks on it. It looks as though it may have been the back of his head and a portion of his back. Also, don't forget the accidental camera pic of him being dragged on the tile.

I haven't heard or read anything concerning neighbors. That is a good question. There is usually always a nosey neighbor in the area. I hold that honor in my neighborhood.:blushing:

I think she planned this. I don't think it was a text message that set her off. I think she spent a long time stewing over not being the one chosen to go on a Cancun trip with TA. She probably felt the nerve of him to take someone else and not her when she is actually giving up the goods.:furious: ( this is probably how her weak mind thinks.)

THanks for that I am remembering about the drag marks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18