Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of his explained it as such:
TAYLOR SEARLE, FRIEND OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER: Well, you know, she is really good at making people think that she is an angel and a super nice person. And she really is a nice person if you meet her.

When I first met her, however, I kind of got the vibe from her that she was putting a front up and that she really had different intentions.

And I think the way it played out is it seemed like those intentions were just to be really close to Travis. And I think, looking back, it seemed like she just wanted to be the one that got him, because he was always flirting with lots of girls and going on lots of dates with lots of girls and very flirtatious and social. And I think it was kind of a trophy or a catch for her to try and stake her claim.

So that`s kind of the vibe I always got from her. And I didn`t really like how she went about it.

This was from CNN transcripts JV-M program
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/04/ijvm.01.html

Taylor Searle; a guy with a pretty good hinky thermometer.

You are not alone. There seem to be a few folks posting here today with good intentions but nonetheless the casual reader walks away with the impression that Travis is being bashed. That bothers me for a number of reasons.

We need to constantly remind ourselves that until this trial concludes we're are going to hear theories from just about everyone explaining why TA acted the way he did towards JA and more importantly we will hear what he should have done to eradicate himself from the relationship. The one voice we will never hear again will never be able to explain his side and everyone else's opinion is conjecture.
JA was on a mission and TA was that mission. Once she set her sights on him it was all over for TA.
By all accounts TA was a virgin when he met JA and that is significant.
TA was handsome, popular - well liked by both his male and female friends. If that is the case I suspect that in TA's 30 years on earth he probably found himself in prior sexual situations where it would have been easy to have done the deed. Apparently he had not prior to meeting JA.
Along comes JA and she is, we'll say more experienced.
So after avoiding the temptation to get laid his entire like he finally succumbs to JA's seductive charms. Wham. He's finished
Speaking as a man - I can hardly imagine the unleashed sexual emotions and desires that washed over TA. Poor guy he was thoroughly entranced and his second head took complete control of him.
Saying and speculating that TA lead a double life is just totally unfair.
The only evidence we have of this is with JA and we know it must have tormented Travis but we was powerless in lust. Poor guy.
Travis was talented, bright, successful and ultimately probably would have really made a name for himself. Such a tragic waste!
Ultimately - as much as he had going for him he was no match for the likes JA.
Was he perfect? Of course not. None of us are.
Lets remember to give Travis every benefit of the doubt. Only he could possibly explain so many mysteries that will remain that way because he can't.

That one is easy to explain, he was a human who had flaws.

does anyone know when TA and JA first started having sexual relations?

No, it was stated it was vaginal sex, and that he finished on her back.....keep in mind, this is according to Jodi so take it for what it's worth.

The only sites I have been able to find do not go into detail. Like one says 'Wilmott went on to describe a rough, sexual encounter.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...l-underway-for-2008-death-of-travis-alexander

The reason that I am pursuing this point is that if her attorney says vag sex it confuses what I understood the defense as saying that TA refused to have v sex because his religion said it was a sin so he only engaged in oral and anal.

If you notice, he never did a lot of smiling in pictures in general. It's kinda hard for me to know what he is thinking in the shower pic because of his lack of expression in so many pics

https://www.myspace.com/jodiarias/p...008#mssrc=SitesPhotos_SP_AlbumCover_ViewAlbum

Thanks......I have seen loads of photos of Travis in the memorial video and in almost everyone he is smiling brightly and such a sweet warm smile he had imo. Of course at his memorial they wouldnt have photos of the murderess with him so I havent seen many of him and Jodi until you linked this.

All these photos with Jodi he doesnt seem to smile very much. So you are right. Very sad.

The expression of the alive photo in the shower though is haunting. His expression is different from any Ive seen as if he is pensive or frustrated about something.

Its much different than any other photos Ive seen of him.

IMO

The only evidence we have of this is with JA and we know it must have tormented Travis but he was powerless in lust. Poor guy.

snipped from Denver Clipper

No, it isn't unfair. It's true. He portrayed his public image as an upstanding member of the Mormon church. And then he had his secret relationship with JA in which he actively engaged in behavior that was contrary to his public image. He did have a double life.

As far as being powerless in lust, this comment is general, not just specific to TA. Lust can be powerful, but none of us becomes powerless when faced with it. We all make choices. Some are easier than others.

The only sites I have been able to find do not go into detail. Like one says 'Wilmott went on to describe a rough, sexual encounter.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...l-underway-for-2008-death-of-travis-alexander

The reason that I am pursuing this point is that if her attorney says vag sex it confuses what I understood the defense as saying that TA refused to have v sex because his religion said it was a sin so he only engaged in oral and anal.

If you can find a transcript of opening statements, it's detailed in the defenses.

There will be no twigs and berry pics. The prosecutor said he was obviously excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me so sad, that in addition to the being murdered, obviously, and having those pictures everywhere, there are now pictures to be shown to the world of his sexual encounters - including a prosecutor describing that Travis was visibly turned on. I'm not just saying this about Travis - but about anyone. Unless both parties agree that they don't mind having pictures of their sexual encounters shown to others, it should remain private (no pictures/videos are best in that case...). I just think if he were around today and seeing all of the pictures that will be made public, along with the gory details (truth or not) of their sex life, he would be horrified.

I know I heard this, also. It had to be the opening statement, I believe, because it was describing the events of that day. And JA has not given a narrative about her "self-defense version" to anyone other than her attorneys.

snipped from Denver Clipper

No, it isn't unfair. It's true. He portrayed his public image as an upstanding member of the Mormon church. And then he had his secret relationship with JA in which he actively engaged in behavior that was contrary to his public image. He did have a double life.

As far as being powerless in lust, this comment is general, not just specific to TA. Lust can be powerful, but none of us becomes powerless when faced with it. We all make choices. Some are easier than others.

He had a human life. Do you seriously think everyone sitting it church calling themselves a good whatever....hasn't sinned? Don't have some things they don't share with everyone around them? Are all virgins? If they only allowed perfect people in the doors church's and temples would be empty.

This makes me so sad, that in addition to the being murdered, obviously, and having those pictures everywhere, there are now pictures to be shown to the world of his sexual encounters - including a prosecutor describing that Travis visibly turned on. I'm not just saying this about Travis - but about anyone. Unless both parties agree that they don't mind having pictures of their sexual encounters shown to others, it should remain private (no pictures/videos are best in that case...). I just think if he were around today and seeing all of the pictures that will be made public, along with the gory details (truth or not) of their sex life.

I believe a I heard that an agreement was reached and Travis's manhood would not be displayed in court. But Travis's obvious excitement was stated.

Thankfully!

You are not alone. There seem to be a few folks posting here today with good intentions but nonetheless the casual reader walks away with the impression that Travis is being bashed. That bothers me for a number of reasons.

We need to constantly remind ourselves that until this trial concludes we're all going to hear theories from just about everyone explaining why TA acted the way he did towards JA and more importantly we will hear what he should have done to eradicate himself from the relationship. The one voice we will never hear again will never be able to explain his side and everyone else's opinion is conjecture.
JA was on a mission and TA was that mission. Once she set her sights on him it was all over for TA.
By all accounts TA was a virgin when he met JA and that is significant.
TA was handsome, popular - well liked by both his male and female friends. If that is the case I suspect that in TA's 30 years on earth he probably found himself in prior sexual situations where it would have been easy to have done the deed. Apparently he had not prior to meeting JA.
Along comes JA and she is, we'll say more experienced.
So after avoiding the temptation to get laid his entire life he finally succumbs to JA's seductive charms. Wham. He's finished
Speaking as a man - I can hardly imagine the unleashed sexual emotions and desires that washed over TA. Poor guy he was thoroughly entranced and his second head took complete control of him.
The only evidence we have of this is with JA and we know it must have tormented Travis but he was powerless in lust. Poor guy.
Travis was talented, bright, successful and ultimately probably would have really made a name for himself. Such a tragic waste!
Ultimately - as much as he had going for him he was no match for the likes JA.
Was he perfect? Of course not. None of us are.
Lets remember to give Travis every benefit of the doubt. Only he could possibly explain so many mysteries that will remain that way because he can't.

Speaking as a person I remember after eighteen years of Catholic boarding school finding out about sex. Wow! did I think I wasted eighteen years for a while! :blushing: (It isn't strictly a guy thing)

Highlights from the Defence opening statements:

1) Jodi was forced to kill Travis. "The million dollar question is what would have forced her to do it?" "In just those two minutes Jodi had to make a choice, she would either live or she would die".

If that were true, how could she then go see Ryan, calm as can be and acting normal? If she were forced to kill someone in self-defense, she would at least be freaked out a little, don't ya think?!?

20) In April 2008, Jodi found out Travis was pursuing other women. Jodi had enough and she moved away to live with her grandparents. Travis wouldn't let her go. He continued calling, texting, and emailing. He guilted her for leaving and Jodi fell right back into the relationship with him.

Phone/computer records will show who was calling who. That will be interesting to see. I also wonder what will be accurate if she had his passwords. Computer forensics will show if e-mails were sent from the same IP address/location. (I am not saying he couldn't have done called/sent the messages - just curious about it)

24) Travis wanted to tie Jodi up. He was prepared with soft rope, like curtain tie back rope. Travis tied Jodi and used a knife to cut the rope. They had sex and Travis wanted to take pictures of Jodi with his new camera.
Travis liked to see Jodi in pigtails so she put her hair in pigtails.

Was rope recovered at the scene? Did she buy any on any of her trips?

26) Jodi then went to the shower and rinsed herself off. Travis' temper had now subsided.

This will be how she explains her hair and DNA being in one of the other showers, perhaps with her blood if they have "rough" sex.

All JMO.

I believe a I heard that an agreement was reached and Travis's manhood would not be displayed in court. But Travis's obvious excitement was stated.

Thankfully!

I also think that was done out of respect for TA's friends and family.

This is important for her to *say* b/c if she admits she wanted more out of the relationship than he did, then she has motive (anger? hurt? resentment?). However, it also works against her b/c she can't then say how much he used/abused/hurt her and kept dragging her along, thinking they may get married. Here, she says it loud and clear: neither one of them expected anything more out of this relationship and she had her eyes wide open in that regard. Whether true or not, those are her words.

If that were true, how could she then go see Ryan, calm as can be and acting normal? If she were forced to kill someone in self-defense, she would at least be freaked out a little, don't ya think?!?

Phone/computer records will show who was calling who. That will be interesting to see. I also wonder what will be accurate if she had his passwords. Computer forensics will show if e-mails were sent from the same IP address/location. (I am not saying he couldn't have done called/sent the messages - just curious about it)

Was rope recovered at the scene? Did she buy any on any of her trips?

This will be how she explains her hair and DNA being in one of the other showers, perhaps with her blood if they have "rough" sex.

All JMO.

I haven't heard anything about recovered rope. But there is a photograph in evidence of a piece of used duct tape on the laundry room floor. It's a rather large tangled piece.

This makes me so sad, that in addition to the being murdered, obviously, and having those pictures everywhere, there are now pictures to be shown to the world of his sexual encounters - including a prosecutor describing that Travis visibly turned on. I'm not just saying this about Travis - but about anyone. Unless both parties agree that they don't mind having pictures of their sexual encounters shown to others, it should remain private (no pictures/videos are best in that case...). I just think if he were around today and seeing all of the pictures that will be made public, along with the gory details (truth or not) of their sex life.

You know, I was thinking about this, too, and it's just awful. I can't believe the death photos are all over the internet. What about his dignity? It's sickening.

And it made me think, JA "won." Think about it. The whole world now knows that she was his "lover" (I'm using a word I think she would use). He did not acknowledge her. But now everybody knows about their relationship, don't they?

And what would horrify TA the most? I bet it would have been having his image destroyed, having his transgressions and his secret life exposed. So not only has she murdered him and taken his very life; she has also exposed in death the very things he tried so hard to hide from the public.

I bet she is pleased about this because in her twisted mind, she is finally getting the attention or recognition she felt she deserved.

It's all just so sick.

This is important for her to *say* b/c if she admits she wanted more out of the relationship than he did, then she has motive. However, it also works against her b/c she can't then say how much he used/abused/hurt her and kept dragging her along, thinking they may get married. Here, she says it loud and clear: neither one of them wanted anything more out of this relationship. Whether true or not, those are her words.

Buy she also claims she had started seeing other people like she tried to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom