Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to go out on a limb and also guess, based on the comments about Travis liking Jodi in pigtails and the "twelve year old girl" comment, that they will try to paint him as a pedophile, claim that Jodi herself was molested, and say this, combined with his "abuse", triggered some kind of PTSD fight or flight response and she ended up killing him in a panicked, dissociative state. All hogwash, of course, but that's where I see this going. And as a survivor of both DV and sexual abuse I'm pretty sickened by it.

Yes, I agree. I read an article (maybe on Huff Post) where she accused him of it but I haven't seen anything else. She better hope there was something on his computer to support that because that's the only chance she has. I don't buy it for one second though.

I don't get how you can go from sex/showering/pics to murder in 2 minutes though? And why did she even have a gun (or was it his)? The most I know about this was the couple of 48 hours and Dateline episodes I saw and random reading this week.

I am trying to follow the story line from this defense attorney... so she is saying that Jodi basically was in fear for her life from Travis and what everyone that REALLY is in fear for their life does is to pack some heat, doll up and cross state lines to meet up with your soon to be killer.

is that it then?

Stelly Dan, you're right ... it's 27. Sorry, I saw a headline today that stated 29.

DizzyChick, you bring up a great point!

I am going to go out on a limb and also guess, based on the comments about Travis liking Jodi in pigtails and the "twelve year old girl" comment, that they will try to paint him as a pedophile, claim that Jodi herself was molested, and say this, combined with his "abuse", triggered some kind of PTSD fight or flight response and she ended up killing him in a panicked, dissociative state. All hogwash, of course, but that's where I see this going. And as a survivor of both DV and sexual abuse I'm pretty sickened by it.

Right there with you in some aspects. Who are they going to drag in as the molester? Won't be as dramatic as you know who's trial without an actual person, don't ya know. Steely said something about the defense's opening being an affront to those who are victims of abuse. I absolutely agree. It hurts my heart and could be a huge trigger for those who have actually gone through it.

Poor little tiny Jodi just couldn't get big bad Travis to die. She had to keep stabbing him and stabbing him but he kept on breathing so she kept on stabbing. (I don't know where she got the knife since she has already given a statement that Travis didn't have any knives in the house.) Finally, after he was dead she shot him in the head for good measure. With a gun that magically appeared next to his toothbrush on the counter.

P12 would have totally understood how this could happen. I sure hope this jury is a little more intelligent.

Wonder where he got the knife to cut the silky ropes with?

Yes, I agree. I read an article (maybe on Huff Post) where she accused him of it but I haven't seen anything else. She better hope there was something on his computer to support that because that's the only chance she has. I don't buy it for one second though.

I don't get how you can go from sex/showering/pics to murder in 2 minutes though? And why did she even have a gun (or was it his)? The most I know about this was the couple of 48 hours and Dateline episodes I saw and random reading this week.

IIRC, Jodi's family reported a burglary where a gun the exact same caliber as the one used on Travis was stolen about a week before.

Here's a quick question - is it really possible to convert to Mormonism that quickly? She did it like right away. I thought that was odd.

Can someone tell me if the trial will be on at 4 west coast time on the same channel JVM is on? Perhaps her show will just show the trial? I'm trying to know when to set my recorder since I can't be there then...HELP please! :)

You jogged my memory, and yes Jodi does want to say that Travis was a pedophile. When she was representing herself in 2011 she tried to have some letters put into evidence where Travis "confessed". The prosecution had the letters tested and proved they were forgeries. The letters were not allowed at that time and Jodi decided she wasn't qualified to represent herself and 2 public defenders were reappointed to her case.

"August 16, 2011 – A request to admit letters that Arias claimed to receive from Alexander prior to his death was denied. In the letters, Alexander allegedly admitted to being a pedophile. Prosecutor Juan Martinez told the court that the letters were tested and found to be forgeries. After the ruling, Arias told Judge Stephens that she was "over her head." The judge then reinstated her defense counsel. Arias' third story was detailed in the court documents as part of the request that she made to admit electronic copies of Alexander's alleged letters. "Defendant had previously attributed the crime to intruders. She now argues that all of the letters must be admitted to support her domestic violence defense," prosecutors wrote in a motion to preclude the letters. "Defendant argues that the letters are relevant to her claim of self-defense and that she was a victim of previous 'sexual and physical abuse' by Mr. Alexander." Arias, according to prosecutors, claimed that Alexander "became angry when she dropped his camera" and that she was forced to kill him in self-defense."

http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Jodi-Arias-Case-timeline-185418642.html

you know this worked for Robert Durst he even cut the victim up and tossed him in Galveston bay then ran, when tried he was found NG cause the state went for murder 1 I think. He claimed he was fighting with the guy and it was self defense, got convicted for improper disposal of a body, the guy is a millionare oh and his ex wife is missing and best friend was killed too

I'm curious if Jodie's ex-boyfriends will be testifying. I would like to hear how she acted with them as far as sex is concerned or if she was difficult to breakup with, if she stalked them or anything......

I wish we could see more of Jodi's face during the questioning of M - seems Travis liked M and I am sure that made Jodi jealous. He was taking M to Cancun and not Jodie. Ouch!!!!

I'm curious if Jodie's ex-boyfriends will be testifying. I would like to hear how she acted with them as far as sex is concerned or if she was difficult to breakup with, if she stalked them or anything......

I think the answer to that lies in whether they are prosecution or defense witness'. JMO

not good for the state to bring up sex, the drive to copulate is greater than the fear of god for most people especially men. All this will do is open a door for the defense to say he was hiding his true identity and sex drive

I am hoping that the prosecution has interviewed her exes and asked these questions-It may show a pattern of behaviour by the defendant.

I wish we could see more of Jodi's face during the questioning of M - seems Travis liked M and I am sure that made Jodie jealous. He was taking M to Cancun and not Jodie. Ouch!!!!

When they do show her, she seems genuinely upset for the first time. JMO

I think the DA is losing his stand with this witness. She is not a Mormon high bishop or whatever they are called. Why is he asking her all these questions. I get that he is showing Travis was a hypocrite - we get it. I bet a lot of strictly religious people do not follow every rule required by "their" God.

When they do show her, she seems genuinely upset for the first time. JMO

I was wondering what looked different about her, its been 5 years WOW and she looked like she hasnt had sleep, severe palor and her hair looks darker like its been dyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver