John Edwards Mistress

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure through what I've written throughout the pages of Websleuths, it's apparent I have no use for cheaters and liars.

But, to be honest, I just don't know what to make of this whole thing. On one hand, he's sleezy for doing it in the first place and then he LIED to his constituents and his staff. Even worse, he betrayed his wife who's terminally ill. Seriously, how low can you go?

On the other hand, he had confessed to his wife which I cannot even imagine how painful it was to her,..........and now he's going to have to live with himself after she's gone, that he betrayed her practically on her death-bed.

IMO, they've been through enough, been hurt enough, had enough stones thrown at them.

He's given his life to the people and he is, hasn't done anything more than any other politician. He just got caught.

This is going to be my only post about this. I don't want to add further to this families pain. They deserve to handle this where it belongs, behind closed doors and between themselves.

I pray that they find peace within their hearts and minds and feel the love they've grown for so many years for each other. This is the end, it's the end of their life. I feel so badly that it's come to this, maybe too late to work through the pain so that there's peace within themselves when they leave this earth.

All I can say is, God bless them both and please give them strength.

fran

Couldn't she find any single guys? She seemed to not be bothered by word, "married." Young, who is married, is saying the child is his.

This gets worse by the minute, according to the National Enquirer this woman is just waiting in the wings for Mrs. Edwards to die from her cancer. She fully plans on marrying him.

He says the affair was a short time in 2006, yeah that's why the NE caught him month ago at the Beverly Hills Hotel, when he ran and hid in the bathroom.

What a puke!

Weird little factoid: Rielle is the former Lisa Druck who was married to the son of Alex Hunter, the former district attorney of Boulder, CO.
You know, the guy who did all the talk shows about the Jonbenet case and who never able to make a case to charge anyone with the killing.

Bob Woodruff is interviewing Edwards on Nightline, abc at 11:35.

Weird little factoid: Rielle is the former Lisa Druck who was married to the son of Alex Hunter, the former district attorney of Boulder, CO.
You know, the guy who did all the talk shows about the Jonbenet case and who never able to make a case to charge anyone with the killing.

Ye gads "eight degrees of separation". It looks worse that JE visited "Lisa Druck" early in the morning recently. He also gave her $100,000 for 3 very short election videos in 2006. I pray JE tells all the truth to the public and then goes home to his beautiful Elizabeth and family. Omission is lying too. He has a lot of amends to make to her and his children and maybe he can do this by helping elizabeth campaign for health care especially for children. He will not get a cabinet seat now that he got caught in this scandal. It was rumored JE was up for Attorney General.

Moderators:

Is there any way to start a sticky thread for Elizabeth Edwards?

I don't want to trash John. He knows what he did, and the media will crucify him. We will all see it unfold in the next few weeks. He deserves all that he is getting, but his wife and family will pay the consequences also.

I would love to start a thread for Elizabeth letting her know how strong she is as a woman and how much we admire her for all that she has gone through and wishing her well. Maybe Tricia can forward this to her at some point letting her know there are women who really care, and that we all are holding her hand in this painful time.

She announced her reoccurance of cancer at about the same time my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer. The cancer journey is tough as it is, and I can identify with her so much.

This is an incredibly courageous woman, trying to fight cancer, raise her children, and just live her life normally.

Elizabeth, I wiill hold your hand, spiritually.

Laney

IMO, they've been through enough, been hurt enough, had enough stones thrown at them.

I pray that they find peace within their hearts and minds and feel the love they've grown for so many years for each other. This is the end, it's the end of their life. I feel so badly that it's come to this, maybe too late to work through the pain so that there's peace within themselves when they leave this earth.

All I can say is, God bless them both and please give them strength.

fran

Oh fran, I agree so much!! I knew you were on my friends list for a reason. Love ya ...

Laney

I think that he is still lying. I think that he is the father of that baby. Actually, I think that his apology was a major mess. If the affair was over, why on earth was he sneaking in and out of the woman's hotel in the early hours of the morning, when he should have been at home in bed with his wife? He said that he could not be the father of the baby because of the time frame - yea, right! If Elizabeth is strong enough to stand it, she should demand that he take a paternity test. I bet that it turns out to be positive.

There are some major unanswered questions. I hope he follows through with the paternity test - why is so much money going their way every month? Did Elizabeth not wonder about the baby? There are alot of things that don't make much sense.

It sounds like the time frame could be that he had the affair for many months. Did Elizabeth really know everything? Did they really "move on", or did she just "not want to know' everything? Can't say that I blame her, she was fighting cancer, but even SHE shouldn't have encouraged him to go on and run for President, knowing this. IMO

What if he had been elected the Democratic nominee? I guess he would have still tried to keep this secret. Shame on him; he wasn't thinking of his country or his family; only himself it seems. That's what charming narcissists tend to do, of course.

He's given his life to the people and he is, hasn't done anything more than any other politician. He just got caught.

This is going to be my only post about this. I don't want to add further to this families pain. They deserve to handle this where it belongs, behind closed doors and between themselves.

fran

Oh come on - he has hardly given his life to the people.

He served for 6 years in the senate. Prior to that he was a trial lawyer who channeled dead babies, and made a fortune off of parent's pain. Then he started a political action committee.

There's a lot more to this - he lied, he has admitted to half of it - there's no reason to see the mother of a 5 month old child until 2:30 in the morning if you ended an affair with her 2 years ago. Much less run into the bathroom of a hotel to avoid the press.

If he paid that 100k or the rumored 15k out of campaign funds, or the PAC funds, there could be serious ramifications from that.

When you run for public office, you don't have a private life and are open to public scrutiny. (Which is why I've told my daughter, she cannot run for politics, and may never marry someone interested in politics ;) )

Oh, and in all fairness - didn't he release his delegates to Obama? And uh, isn't the Enquirer owned at least in part by Roger Altman? His investment group, Evercore Partners, bought a controlling stake in American Media, which publishes the Enquirer, in 1999. The president of Evercore, Austin Beutner, sits on American Media’s Board of Directors.
Altman served in Bill Clinton’s administration as United States Deputy Treasury Secretary, and his name is sometimes mentioned as a possible Hillary Clinton Treasury Secretary.

Payback is a .......

Moderators:

Is there any way to start a sticky thread for Elizabeth Edwards?

I don't want to trash John. He knows what he did, and the media will crucify him. We will all see it unfold in the next few weeks. He deserves all that he is getting, but his wife and family will pay the consequences also.

I would love to start a thread for Elizabeth letting her know how strong she is as a woman and how much we admire her for all that she has gone through and wishing her well. Maybe Tricia can forward this to her at some point letting her know there are women who really care, and that we all are holding her hand in this painful time.

She announced her reoccurance of cancer at about the same time my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer. The cancer journey is tough as it is, and I can identify with her so much.

This is an incredibly courageous woman, trying to fight cancer, raise her children, and just live her life normally.

Elizabeth, I wiill hold your hand, spiritually.

Laney

The dreaded "server busy" just ate a much too long post. Maybe that's a good thing...

This is a thread I wouldn't normally read or post in, but your message touched me. I admire Elizabeth Edwards and would like to see the media drop this so the family can deal with it in private. I know that's not going to happen, even though John Edwards isn't in politics anymore and even though Elizabeth has more than enough to deal with as it is.

I have admired her courage, determination and strength since the news came out that she had cancer. We lost my father in December - 16 months after the doctors gave him 3-4 at best, and, like you stated the journey with cancer is tough (and that's on a good day). Her book is inspirational, and I was (and still am) amazed she was able to write it. I know I am just beginning to be able to talk about my father, and even as I type tears are making it hard to see the monitor. She is simply put an amazing person.

As for John Edwards, I do like him. I liked him before and that hasn't changed. At some point I lost any idealism when it comes to politicians and started focusing on their "politics" and activism instead of their personal lives. (I don't buy into campaign promises either). I hated what Clinton did, but didn't feel he was a bad president. I hated that Bush had a drink/drug problem, but it didn't influence my vote. These people, sadly, are human and do make mistakes, and I'd much rather they do it on "their" time instead of on "ours".

Laney, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dear husband.... It is a very difficult road to walk, and I hope you know that you are not alone...

God Bless,
Barbara

I just hate to think how this is affecting his wife... being as she is in a huge battle with cancer, even the smallest of stress can compromise her health. Now that he has owned up to it, it is best that he moves on in privacy and work not on his public image, but work on his family dynamics and taking care of his wife. Family first... not public opinion...

I just hate to think how this is affecting his wife... being as she is in a huge battle with cancer, even the smallest of stress can compromise her health. Now that he has owned up to it, it is best that he moves on in privacy and work not on his public image, but work on his family dynamics and taking care of his wife. Family first... not public opinion...

I've always thought it was strange how quickly he not dropped out of the run for President, but out of site, all around the birth of this child it appears.

He's still lying, he met with the mistress twice once a month ago and once towards the end of last year I believe it was. So much for the affair being over two years ago.

It's terrible that this is all going on for his family and I ache for his wife, but no one is to blame except John Edwards.

Why is it, that pretty boys get away with so much?

Narcissis are so good at lying and convincing everyone.

Nine years ago, John Edwards had this to say about Bill Clinton and the Monica Lewinsky affair: "I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter." Today, after nearly a year of denials, Edwards confessed he'd committed his own "serious error in judgment."

from The Charlotte Observer.com

They all lie. I feel sorry for his wife and family. I don't know why these politicians do this sort of thing...it always surfaces.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/p...hn_Edwards_past_catches_up__DNA_test_demanded

Who is this Texas guy who is sending millions to set up Hunter and the guy she says is the father, in these 3 and 4 million dollar homes? He says he is Edward's campaign manager, so is it his money or Edward's money that he is tossing around?
And now Hunter's sister wants Edward's to take that paternity test...things that make you go "Hmmmmm."

The dreaded "server busy" just ate a much too long post. Maybe that's a good thing...

This is a thread I wouldn't normally read or post in, but your message touched me. I admire Elizabeth Edwards and would like to see the media drop this so the family can deal with it in private. I know that's not going to happen, even though John Edwards isn't in politics anymore and even though Elizabeth has more than enough to deal with as it is.

I have admired her courage, determination and strength since the news came out that she had cancer. We lost my father in December - 16 months after the doctors gave him 3-4 at best, and, like you stated the journey with cancer is tough (and that's on a good day). Her book is inspirational, and I was (and still am) amazed she was able to write it. I know I am just beginning to be able to talk about my father, and even as I type tears are making it hard to see the monitor. She is simply put an amazing person.

As for John Edwards, I do like him. I liked him before and that hasn't changed. At some point I lost any idealism when it comes to politicians and started focusing on their "politics" and activism instead of their personal lives. (I don't buy into campaign promises either). I hated what Clinton did, but didn't feel he was a bad president. I hated that Bush had a drink/drug problem, but it didn't influence my vote. These people, sadly, are human and do make mistakes, and I'd much rather they do it on "their" time instead of on "ours".

Laney, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dear husband.... It is a very difficult road to walk, and I hope you know that you are not alone...

God Bless,
Barbara

Barbara,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. That's a tough loss. Our Dad's mean so much to us.

My husband died at the end of January, so it has been six months. Sometimes you wonder how you will get through, but you take it day by day and sometimes minute by minute.

I didn't realize that Elizabeth had written a book, but will go check it out.

Laney
:blowkiss:

The new just keeps "getting better," doesn't it?

JE said the meeting was not the only contact he had with Hunter since 2006 when he said he ended the affair. So, what's he meeting with her for? The article also quoted JE as saying he didn't love Hunter. So, AGAIN, what's he meeting with her for? Guess he also forgot to tell Elizabeth about more current meetings.

Oh come on - he has hardly given his life to the people.

He served for 6 years in the senate. Prior to that he was a trial lawyer who channeled dead babies, and made a fortune off of parent's pain. Then he started a political action committee.

There's a lot more to this - he lied, he has admitted to half of it - there's no reason to see the mother of a 5 month old child until 2:30 in the morning if you ended an affair with her 2 years ago. Much less run into the bathroom of a hotel to avoid the press.

If he paid that 100k or the rumored 15k out of campaign funds, or the PAC funds, there could be serious ramifications from that.

When you run for public office, you don't have a private life and are open to public scrutiny. (Which is why I've told my daughter, she cannot run for politics, and may never marry someone interested in politics ;) )

Oh, and in all fairness - didn't he release his delegates to Obama? And uh, isn't the Enquirer owned at least in part by Roger Altman? His investment group, Evercore Partners, bought a controlling stake in American Media, which publishes the Enquirer, in 1999. The president of Evercore, Austin Beutner, sits on American Media’s Board of Directors.
Altman served in Bill Clinton’s administration as United States Deputy Treasury Secretary, and his name is sometimes mentioned as a possible Hillary Clinton Treasury Secretary.

Payback is a .......

Beat me to it, and with a good coffee spew for the channeling comment. This guy is sleaze, America-style; even his own state doesn't want him back in office.
Also to those who feel for his wife; she's complicit in this too, knowing his potentially explosive past and backing him on the national stage in 2008 for the Presidency, using her cancer as a sympathy hook for him. Plague
on the whole crowd of Edwards and his sycophants....

C6

Well... it doesn't look like the mistress is wanting a paternity test.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/151826
Edwards ex-mistress rules out paternity test
Ex-mistress of John Edwards nixes DNA testing to establish the paternity of her daughter
Associated Press

Ima

Beat me to it, and with a good coffee spew for the channeling comment. This guy is sleaze, America-style; even his own state doesn't want him back in office.
Also to those who feel for his wife; she's complicit in this too, knowing his potentially explosive past and backing him on the national stage in 2008 for the Presidency, using her cancer as a sympathy hook for him. Plague
on the whole crowd of Edwards and his sycophants....

C6
That is so harsh. I see her as nothing short of a victim in all of this. Maybe her children were sycophants too? I suppose they should not have supported dad either? Good grief, she did what any loving wife would do. She supported her husband. She probably believed in him, and trusted him.

He is the sleazeball, and because he is who he is, he got caught. He reminds me of Newt, and Rudy, and Jesse Jackson. Do as I say, not as I do. None of them are honorable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back