John Mark Karr to go free

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jolynna said:
I know I am going to be flamed for this...BUT...you cannot put a man in prison for crimes he MIGHT commit.

As far as I know, Karr has said a lot of sick things on tape. He has confessed to loathesome fantasies.

But, having fantasies and saying disgusting things is not a crime, no matter how disgusting.

There has been a LOT of publicity about what Karr thinks about doing. Don't you think that the parents of Karr's students and the parents that had children at Karr's day care have not questioned the kids he was watching thoroughly and that IF he had done ANY of the things he has talked about somebody would not have said something by now?????

Yes, he had pictures on his computer. But, I think I read somewhere that those pictures had been sent to him by Wendy H. which makes their significance questionable. If the computer forensic people couldn't dig up more than that from Karr's computer, I think California is lucky to get Karr to confess to anything. If the pictures DID come from the Wendy lady, I think Karr has grounds to argue those charges.

I agree that Karr is a powder keg. But, if you watch the dateline "To Catch a Predator" shows, there are 100's of men out there that are not just fantasizing about our kids. Or talking about it. They are preying on them. Already.

From what I understand being a child predator is not cureable. THOSE men, need to be put away permanently. We at least know what Karr is now. (or at least what he wants to be) The predators from dateline are rabbis, teachers, ministers and there seems to be no end to the number of them.

As for Karr, if his family has any sense, I would think his own words and strange behavior might give them some grounds to put him in some kind of mental facility. Isn't that where people who are delusional and that MIGHT be a danger belong?

In my opinion, prison is for the guys LIKE THE DATELINE PREDATORS that are already out there doing the deed.
No flames from me, Jolynna. You said what I am thinking.

I agree that Karr needs help. I don't know the law on this, but I doubt that, even with his bizarre and very public admissions of his fantasy life, there is a legal basis for his family to have him committed. However, I hope they can convince him to get help.

As for his offences in California, I have to think they did not have much of a case, and thus the plea deal. I don't wish to make light of possessing child *advertiser censored*, but that is ALL he has been guilty of so far, and I believe (correct me if I am wrong) it was a first offense.

imo

Ok Here I go under the flames.
1 Karr has not been covicted of anything yet.
2 Most Peds have more then 5 pics on the hard drive. IMHO they need to take Wendy H PC and see what she has on hers.
3If you think about it. How many of us has had Fanasties in our heads. Maybe not about Kids but lets say Movie stars or Tv stars saying in our head I could do her or him!!!
Karr bet you bottom dollar will be watched like a hawk when released.I actually think Wendy H is behind the pics.

Ok,I have to chime in here. He is a marked man. Do you think anyone in their right mind would hire him? Think about it. His days are numbered.:)

BadSleuth--that guy who cut off that teenage girl's arms was named Singleton,I believe--His crime was so horrendous that the Ca state legislature increased the jail sentences for "mayhem" or causing great bodily harm--and yes,you're right he moved to west coast of Florida,picked up a prostitute and killed her--he died in prison soon after

jubie said:
Now on CNN.com

John Mark Karr is to go free if he pleads guilty to two of the five charges aginst him. :eek:

So how long before he actually murders a child? I say within a year.

This stinks, he is one of the creepiest men I've ever seen.

Jubie
I dont understand why a FALSE confession to a murder...means nothing--- how about all the money spent..how about all the media coverage...damn--- the sob otta be put in prison just for the fake confession--:behindbar :sick: :behindbar :sick:

Badsleuth said:
in 2 years, a couple of moves, no one will recognize him or pay any attention- Remember that guy out West who chopped off a girls arms with an axe and left her for dead by the side of the road. When he go out of prison, he was hounded for about 2 months- then he moved to Florida , was forgotten and stabbed a lady to death.

How about that guy Durst? Killed his wife, cut the head off his landlord and now he is probably one of your neighbors.
Lawrence Singelton was not forgotten about here in the Bay Area where he committed his crimes. He even tried to buy a little boy in his older years!:eek:

How much is a one-way ticket to Thailand? I'd be willing to contribute.

I dont understand why a FALSE confession to a murder...means nothing--- how about all the money spent..how about all the media coverage...damn--- the sob otta be put in prison just for the fake confession
It's pointless to say he should be in jail for a fake confession when there is no law against making a false confession.

He didn't walk into the Boulder DA and confess. His weak confession came through personal emails with Tracey, who passed it on to the DA, who in turn jumped the gun. Karr didn't cause the money to be spent, the DA did. I'm not sure what you mean by media coverage since that only cost the networks money. He didn't go looking for fame, Michael Tracey and Wendy Hutchens did.

I agree with the others that you cannot incarcinate someone for thoughts or base it on what they could do. I think stupid people should be put in jail for being so stupid. I wish I could kill people based on their stupidity. I can't be put in jail for those thoughts no matter how many times my private conversations are played on national television for peal-clutching, Nancy Grace wannabes to take their digs at me.

The five deleted pictures mean nothing to me. Maybe someone (Wendy?) sent them to him and he deleted them as soon as he saw him. A true pedophile would have A LOT more than five pictures and not too many would be deleted.

This man has been investigated for almost two months now. They have nothing on him. No child has come forward to say Karr molested him. We know his thoughts and feelings, which cannot be reversed or changed with all of the therapy in the world. As I said to someone in another thread a month ago, you're better off fearing the registered sex offender who lives two blocks away than you are fearing Karr being back on the streets.

Since some of you are so convinced he's a molester, feel free to congratulate yourselves on wanting to send him to Thailand so he can abuse kids there instead of the US. That's really nice.

JBean said:
Perhaps there is not enough evidence to prosecute for all 5 counts and the DA is going with what they've got.

Maybe it is just better than nothing, which may be what they have. don't know.
i just read that they lost all the evidence on him, including his computer that had the *advertiser censored* on it.

Karr's Lawyer To Ask Judge To Dismiss *advertiser censored* Case

(AP) SANTA ROSA, Calif. A lawyer for John Mark Karr, the short-lived suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey case, will ask a judge tomorrow to dismiss the child *advertiser censored* case against his client.
snip

Karr has rejected a plea deal in the case. He remains in Sonoma County jail on 200-thousand dollars bail.

http://cbs13.com/local/local_story_270000415.html

LoneDuck said:
It's pointless to say he should be in jail for a fake confession when there is no law against making a false confession.

He didn't walk into the Boulder DA and confess. His weak confession came through personal emails with Tracey, who passed it on to the DA, who in turn jumped the gun. Karr didn't cause the money to be spent, the DA did. I'm not sure what you mean by media coverage since that only cost the networks money. He didn't go looking for fame, Michael Tracey and Wendy Hutchens did.

I agree with the others that you cannot incarcinate someone for thoughts or base it on what they could do. I think stupid people should be put in jail for being so stupid. I wish I could kill people based on their stupidity. I can't be put in jail for those thoughts no matter how many times my private conversations are played on national television for peal-clutching, Nancy Grace wannabes to take their digs at me.

The five deleted pictures mean nothing to me. Maybe someone (Wendy?) sent them to him and he deleted them as soon as he saw him. A true pedophile would have A LOT more than five pictures and not too many would be deleted.

This man has been investigated for almost two months now. They have nothing on him. No child has come forward to say Karr molested him. We know his thoughts and feelings, which cannot be reversed or changed with all of the therapy in the world. As I said to someone in another thread a month ago, you're better off fearing the registered sex offender who lives two blocks away than you are fearing Karr being back on the streets.

Since some of you are so convinced he's a molester, feel free to congratulate yourselves on wanting to send him to Thailand so he can abuse kids there instead of the US. That's really nice.

I will have to differ about the point concerning false confessions. It is against the law to give a false statement to the police. The police seldom prosecute for fear people will be even more reluctant to come forward.

I may be in the minority here, but I think that ultimately Tracey and the Boulder DA did the right thing by bringing Karr back to the U.S. -- although they should have accomplished that goal differently, with less media fanfare or even NO media fanfare.

I may be insane, but I actually read the huge pile of emails between Tracey and Karr that were posted briefly on the Boulder DA's web site. When you read these, you find yourself amazed that they didn't haul his b*tt back here more quickly than they did. And this is particularly true given that he was beginning a new job with elementary school children.

Yes, the Boulder DA should have researched him more thoroughly. Yes, they should have known that he was a false confessor before they ever brought him back. Yes, they should have kept it quiet, or they should have prevented the media explosion. But YES, they also did the right thing ultimately getting this creep off the streets.

However questionable their methods, wouldn't you rather have that than some kid in Thailand get molested?

Keith X said:
I may be in the minority here, but I think that ultimately Tracey and the Boulder DA did the right thing by bringing Karr back to the U.S. -- although they should have accomplished that goal differently, with less media fanfare or even NO media fanfare.

I may be insane, but I actually read the huge pile of emails between Tracey and Karr that were posted briefly on the Boulder DA's web site. When you read these, you find yourself amazed that they didn't haul his b*tt back here more quickly than they did. And this is particularly true given that he was beginning a new job with elementary school children.

Yes, the Boulder DA should have researched him more thoroughly. Yes, they should have known that he was a false confessor before they ever brought him back. Yes, they should have kept it quiet, or they should have prevented the media explosion. But YES, they also did the right thing ultimately getting this creep off the streets.

However questionable their methods, wouldn't you rather have that than some kid in Thailand get molested?
I agree that they saved the girl in Thailand, but he should have had NO press conference or special treatment, i.e. business class flight with caviar and movie!!! I also read all over 400 pages of those disgusting e-mails! It was so obvious he was making up the answers as they spoon fed him the questions- Q: "Why did you put a blanket on JonBenet?" A: "She was cold".
Come on:doh: Who really believes that's the reason JB was found with a blanket??? Plausible, yes, probable, NO!!!

It should have been California extraditing him back from Thailand for skipping out on his trial, not Boulder! JMO.

Not only that, Keith, but if Tracey was doing this since 2002, that means he KNEW Gigax wasn't the guy at the time he put out his crock.

Now I'm gonna be a bit nasty here, so slip on by if yu want, but I'm worried because pretty soon no one will recognize him. He still has boobies and bet he is going to find another doctor to continue his metamorphasis! If he wants to be female so little girls won't be afraid of him and will take to him quicker, he'll probably still have a peenie weanie even though it might be teeny. I actually think it is a great threat for young girls out there as I think he will be looking for one as soon as he can!

Scandi

I actually think it is a great threat for young girls out there as I think he will be looking for one as soon as he can!

That's the part that worries me.

Hopefully, he won't be able to find a job in the childcare field and inturn will not be able to afford further surgeries to drastically alter his looks for some time to come. Maybe too, most people will keep their eyes open at the local "Toys R Us" and other specialty stores of the like, for the creepy 'employee' in the Barbie Doll section of the store. (Amusement Parks, Chuckie Cheese and all other businesses designed to attract children also come to mind as being the type of employment he might seek.) Wasn't he playing a guitar in one of the video clips shown on TV? I wonder if he has ever taught music to children... Heads-up People. Help keep our children safe from this nutjob.

POSTED: 7:54 pm PDT October 6, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police briefly detained John Mark Karr Friday after employees of an elementary school where he briefly worked reported him stepping out of a limousine and peering into the school's windows.

The incident occurred at Convent of the Sacred Heart at 2222 Broadway St. - less than 2 miles away from Karr's attorney's office, where a press conference was about to begin regarding Thursday's dismissal of child *advertiser censored* charges Karr faced in Sonoma County. Karr did not appear at the press conference.

San Francisco police Sgt. Steve Mannina said that at 12:17 p.m., a worker called police and said Karr was in front of the school.

"According to witnesses, a limousine pulled up, he got out, went up to the school and was looking in the window," Mannina said.The caller reported that Karr then tried to open the school's door, which was locked, then walked to an adjacent school and looked through its windows, Mannina said.

"He then got back into the limousine and it drove down Broadway," Mannina said.

A police officer pulled over the limousine a short time later, to find Karr in the back with two people working for a national television news program, Mannina said.

Police "determined there was no illegal activity occurring, so they had to let him go," Mannina said.

Robert Amparan, Karr's attorney, was not immediately available for comment.

Karr was a teaching assistant to Convent of the Sacred Heart's two third-grade teachers in 1996. He left after less than four weeks, saying he didn't like the job, school officials said. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/10021233/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back