John Tavolta's son Jett dies at age 16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will always remember thinking that you were the cutest little boy I had ever seen with those pretty blue eyes from your Daddy.

Yes RiverRat, Just looking at their family photo, isn't it amazing how Jett looked so much like his dad and little Ella Blue looks just like her mom. ;}

The last line of that article from US just posted was so pointed, that when Jett grabbed his dad it was like he would never want to let go. I just pray for these parents for their loss and for having to deal with the circumstances on top of that. xox

Carpet didn't kill this kid...you would save more people banning French Fries.
Nor should we ban Prozac or Neurontin or Ritalin as these drugs save and improve many more lives than they take. Yes, these drugs don't work perfectly in every person...neither does penicillin, but would you rather live in a world without penicillin because it isn't 100% effective and a few people are allergic to it?

Kelly:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/scienowriter/Kelly_march.jpg

It scares me that celebrities are out there educating the public that biochemical diseases of the brain do not exist and should not be treated according to standard medical practice.

This was a terrible tragedy, but I do not believe that parents have a right to privacy when there is a dead child involved.

I disagree.

It is possible. No Carpet didn't kill Jett But it could have made him sick or triggered something in him to make him sick.

Would you think Eating a Weight Watchers Lasange meal could kill you ? or make you really sick ?

For Months on end I had chronic chest pains, it felt like I was having a heart attack, I had ECG's done and nothing , no heart attack..
It went on for months and mysteriously stopped as we started heading into the warmer weather..

Then one day I got it again REALLY BAD

I had just eaten a WW lasange. I didn't correlate the two at the time... but remembered that during the months I was getting the bad chest pains was the cooler months and I was eating WW lasanges most every day during the week for lunch.
As the weather warmed up I started having salads for lunch.
I never thought anything of it at the time I was just grateful that the pain had stopped
Until that day it came back.
I looked up the ingredients and there was two 627 and 631 that are apparently listed as things that can cause chest pain, chest pressure arrhythmias , palpitations ,tachycardia
I was astounded. I rang my doctor and he was like "oh yes I know that additives can cause problems in people !!! " DOH but they cant ask everyone what they have eaten !!!

Anyway my point is that we are living in a very chemical world , and drug companies are among the worst. They make billions of dollars pouring drugs for all sorts of things down our throats.

Why do you think the incidence of autism and ADHD and Allergies and all the other things wrong with kids of today is on the alarming increase ?
Why do you think 1 in 3 people have cancer these days ?

Don't get me wrong Drugs are necessary for many things, but like everything else in life - everything needs to be in moderation ASSESSED AND REASSESSED

I do believe that these drugs ritalin and so on are being WAY OVER PRESCRIBED. And making children sicker.

Changing THEIR DIETS cutting out all the Crap, all the KNOWN ADDITIVES That are Known to cause problems, cooking healthy and not just grabbing processed foods would go a long way to making our children better.

Ive changed my household over, I shop with a AVOID THESE ADDITIVES Cards and our house is a happier and more well household.

If someone has epilepsy then I certainly do believe that they need to have anti seizure meds to help control the seizures because seizures can be life threatening - as in the after math of the seizure..

But I really wouldn't discount Kelly on her theory of the Chemicals / Bacteria causing Jetts Kawasaki Disease.

I disagree.

It is possible. No Carpet didn't kill Jett But it could have made him sick or triggered something in him to make him sick.

But I really wouldn't discount Kelly on her theory of the Chemicals / Bacteria causing Jetts Kawasaki Disease.

They can't ban substances that may trigger a rare reaction in someone with a unique genetic sensitivity....The carpet studies were contraintuitive...They found the same increase in Kawasaki's in carpets washed with water.

I recently developed a rash on Augmentin...I would not want to ban that drug for the general public just because I had a reaction. It's a good drug, just not for me.

I disagree with you profoundly that the increase in particular disorders and allergies are due to chemicals...There is evidence that the increase in food allergies in particular is due to the fact that the Western World is too clean...Our kids are not out there making mud puddles but inside in an over-sanitized environment and treated with antibacterial products at every opportunity. The immune system can over-react with devastating consequences in kids like Jett with a genetic sensitivity and who have not been properly immunized to an environmental antigen.

There's no way to predict which kids would develop such a rare disorder, so what's the point of banning carpets? It was something in the carpet that triggered it...could be a dust mite...could be an otherwise harmless soil bacterium...nobody knows.

Ritalin is overprescribed but is a fantastic drug for kids who need it, like my adopted children with fetal alcohol exposure and learning disabilities. For one of my children, the addition of Ritalin was like the educational equivalent of the movie Awakenings. If you could take a child labelled as borderline intelligence and turn them into an enthusiastic learner who makes decent grades in the regular classroom, you would deny them that possibility?

We live in a free society where people can vote with their feet....If the doctor prescribed medication isn't working, you can ask to be switched or switch doctors entirely....If food additives give you trouble, you can switch to a raw, vegan, or organic diet.

They (the media) will... they have put the Travolta's through hell over Jett and their Scientology beliefs, in the past. Sensationalism sells... :(

Wishing the Travolta family well as they cope with their loss... :(

Scientologists don't believe in autism or any form of it. They WILL NOT take medication to control seizures either and think that vitamins and L Ron's tech is the "cure all" for any illness. They RARELY take ANY medication. I'm disgusted with the news.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,475766,00.html

This is so sad

SNIPPED
John Travolta and Kelly Preston pled repeatedly with their son Jett to regain consciousness in the ambulance as it raced from their house to the hospital, Bahamanian EMT Chief Marcus Garvey says in an exclusive interview.

Garvey responded to the Travoltas' Bahamas vacation residence on the morning of January 2, after Jett, 16, was found unconscious in a bathroom where he had apparently fallen and hit his head.

"They were actually in the hallway [of the residence].

They already moved him out, [to] get him more set for the duration of the CPR," Garvey tells Radaronline.com.

The EMTs wanted the Travolta family to follow the ambulance, says Garvey, but the parents insisted on riding with their son.

Click here to see the exclusive interview from Radaronline.com.

"He [John] was holding his hand, saying"Come on baby, come on Jett," Garvey said. "They were more distraught, you know, getting him there, 'how far is the hospital? How far?, how long is it now?' And I said "We'll be there in about 5 to 7 minutes.'"

I'm confused. I read Jett had two caretakers that looked after him but I also read the last time he was seen was Thursday night. He was found Friday morning. Was he in the bathrom unconsious the whole night? So where was his caretaker during the time he was unconcious? Sleeping? I wonder if his room was away from John and Kellys room and they didn't notice he wasn't in bed.

Two Nannies, two parents, one baby monitor, one chime on the bathroom door.....BUT per the Travolta lawyer, "Jett not being present is not unusual".

Jett was a disabled child with limited ability to communicate. It is CRAZY to ever let him be simply "not present". Why take all of those precautions? Sorry, but this is spin.

In addition, the Travolta's lawyer Michael McDermott says it is not unusual for Jett to sleep 12 to 16 hours a day. Does this mean it was common for the Nannies to NOT CHECK on him for 12 to 16 hours at a time?

One more thing. A big, tall, heavy sixteen year old does not just fall down (violently enough to cause a fatal injury) without making some noise -- even if it was just the sound of him hitting the floor. Jett was very large. I seriously doubt that he had a completely silent Grand Mal seizure, followed by a completely silent fall, followed by a completely silent blow to the head.
But according to TMZ, "Both Jeff and Eli turned in at around that time. After Jeff got up, he went into the bathroom and discovered Jett laying on the floor."
Well, did something wake Jeff up (noises)? Or did Jeff wake up at his usual time, walk into the bathroom, and happen to discover Jett on the floor?

An official Time of Death will answer a lot of questions.

IMO

This death is just so sad.
My prayers go out to John and his family.

I have an autistic grandson, whose father commited suicide 2 years ago.
Life has been hell since then. I know all too well the smell of death in a car.
The heartbreak of a 12 year old autistic boy whose dad just couldn't stick around to see a real milestone in his life... he is going to play in his first football game on Tuesday!

JBean, I am so glad your son will be ok and will keep him in my prayers.

love,pope

Want to cry? Go to John's official website and galleries and then click on Jett and click on the 1st picture of Jett kissing John on the head.

John's attorney who is not a Scientologist says that Jett was indeed on medication for seizures which spaced them out to about every 21 days but they were causing organ damage with failure in the future so they stopped those meds.

They can't ban substances that may trigger a rare reaction in someone with a unique genetic sensitivity....The carpet studies were contraintuitive...They found the same increase in Kawasaki's in carpets washed with water.

I recently developed a rash on Augmentin...I would not want to ban that drug for the general public just because I had a reaction. It's a good drug, just not for me.

I disagree with you profoundly that the increase in particular disorders and allergies are due to chemicals...There is evidence that the increase in food allergies in particular is due to the fact that the Western World is too clean...Our kids are not out there making mud puddles but inside in an over-sanitized environment and treated with antibacterial products at every opportunity. The immune system can over-react with devastating consequences in kids like Jett with a genetic sensitivity and who have not been properly immunized to an environmental antigen.

There's no way to predict which kids would develop such a rare disorder, so what's the point of banning carpets? It was something in the carpet that triggered it...could be a dust mite...could be an otherwise harmless soil bacterium...nobody knows.

Ritalin is overprescribed but is a fantastic drug for kids who need it, like my adopted children with fetal alcohol exposure and learning disabilities. For one of my children, the addition of Ritalin was like the educational equivalent of the movie Awakenings. If you could take a child labelled as borderline intelligence and turn them into an enthusiastic learner who makes decent grades in the regular classroom, you would deny them that possibility?

We live in a free society where people can vote with their feet....If the doctor prescribed medication isn't working, you can ask to be switched or switch doctors entirely....If food additives give you trouble, you can switch to a raw, vegan, or organic diet.

Thank you, both of my kids are on ADHD meds, they both had open heart surgeries and there have been studies that prolonged pump time can cause ADHD type behviors. Both are great students now, involved in sports/cheerleading and have developed good friendships. BTW they ate very healthy before they started meds, meds were the key...jmoo for my kids

Want to cry? Go to John's official website and galleries and then click on Jett and click on the 1st picture of Jett kissing John on the head.

John's attorney who is not a Scientologist says that Jett was indeed on medication for seizures which spaced them out to about every 21 days but they were causing organ damage with failure in the future so they stopped those meds.

The images are heart touching... the look of love and happiness that pours from their eyes and smiles can't be faked... Jett was very well loved... and, OMG, he was was the spitting image of his daddy. The silhouette of what I assume is John and Jett in a motorized hang glider is so beautiful...

My condolences to Travolta and his family.

However, I do have my questions as to what really happened and why no one was awake or with him when it happened. My husband passed away last year from COPD and before his death, he spent a couple of years on oxygen 24/7. I was the only one living with him, and it was difficult to make sure the oxygen was not pulled off his face while he slept. Sometimes, when I fell asleep from exhaustion, one of our dogs would wake me up if his breathing was too laboured, as that was a sign of lack of oxygen (hypoxia).

If I had had the money, I would have hired a home aide to stay up all night and watch my husband while he and I slept. Sometimes he would wake up late at night and stumble into the bathroom to relieve himself. If I wasn't there with him, there are times he would have fallen over-- he was that feeble. One time he did fall over-- but I was there to catch him.

I question why one of the "nannies" was not required to stay up all night to watch Jett if his illness was so severe and there was such a high risk of siezures. Or else, why wasn't someone else hired to do this-- as I imagine the Travolta's are quite wealthy.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Travolta family during this sad, sad time. :(

JBean, I am so glad that your son is ok. :blowkiss:

My condolences to Travolta and his family.

However, I do have my questions as to what really happened and why no one was awake or with him when it happened. My husband passed away last year from COPD and before his death, he spent a couple of years on oxygen 24/7. I was the only one living with him, and it was difficult to make sure the oxygen was not pulled off his face while he slept. Sometimes, when I fell asleep from exhaustion, one of our dogs would wake me up if his breathing was too laboured, as that was a sign of lack of oxygen (hypoxia).

If I had had the money, I would have hired a home aide to stay up all night and watch my husband while he and I slept. Sometimes he would wake up late at night and stumble into the bathroom to relieve himself. If I wasn't there with him, there are times he would have fallen over-- he was that feeble. One time he did fall over-- but I was there to catch him.

I question why one of the "nannies" was not required to stay up all night to watch Jett if his illness was so severe and there was such a high risk of siezures. Or else, why wasn't someone else hired to do this-- as I imagine the Travolta's are quite wealthy.

I'm guessing the family never thought this could happen and concentrated on daytime actiivities.

My condolences go out to the Travolta family...it is such a tragedy. I guess I just have some questions that hopefully can be cleared up, I haven't been able to keep up with the latest news.

Was there any evidence that Jett did sleep in his bed that night. I'm still confused as to the timeline. Originally it was reported that he went into the bathroom around 10 pm and wasn't found until late morning the next day, and now that is being disputed. So was he found earlier and just not reported until later, or did he go back into the bathroom, say in the middle of the night or early morning, and then the accident occurred...could someone clear that up for me?

We actually don't even know for sure that he had a seizure, do we...I mean, he could have just slipped and hit his head? Bathroom slips are very common....how could anyone tell he had a seizure until the autopsy has been completed? I mean, he could have had a heart attack.

I think there was bad reporting on Kawasaki disease...every doctor on TV said that it is almost non-existant after the age of 8, so it wouldn't be a factor in this death, even though the media jumped to that conclusion. Although, yes, he could have had heart disease from the Kawasaki, but I would think the Travolta's would have been aware of that diagnosis.

My condolences go out to the Travolta family...it is such a tragedy. I guess I just have some questions that hopefully can be cleared up, I haven't been able to keep up with the latest news.

Was there any evidence that Jett did sleep in his bed that night. I'm still confused as to the timeline. Originally it was reported that he went into the bathroom around 10 pm and wasn't found until late morning the next day, and now that is being disputed. So was he found earlier and just not reported until later, or did he go back into the bathroom, say in the middle of the night or early morning, and then the accident occurred...could someone clear that up for me?

We actually don't even know for sure that he had a seizure, do we...I mean, he could have just slipped and hit his head? Bathroom slips are very common....how could anyone tell he had a seizure until the autopsy has been completed? I mean, he could have had a heart attack.

I think there was bad reporting on Kawasaki disease...every doctor on TV said that it is almost non-existant after the age of 8, so it wouldn't be a factor in this death, even though the media jumped to that conclusion. Although, yes, he could have had heart disease from the Kawasaki, but I would think the Travolta's would have been aware of that diagnosis.

I think what we're seeing is a cover up attempt by the Travolta/Scientology camps. We might not ever find out what really happened.

I just read on FoxNews website that Travolta attorneys are saying that Jett was having gran mal seizes at least once a week...that seems very serious, and not taking any medications at all. Seems it wouldn't even be safe for him to fly?

From what I have been able to figure out from reading reports from various sites, the Travoltas have always cited Kawasaki disease as the diagnosis for their son's condition. Numerous individuals who have observed Jett's behavior and mannerisms believe he may have suffered from severe autism. (These individuals apparently include Jett's uncle and various celebrities whose own children have been diagnosed with varying degress of Autism.) The seizures may have resulted from the Autism since a percentage of Autistic children do suffer from seizures and the risk increases once they hit puberty.

The opinion is that the Travoltas, as Scientologists, refused to acknolwedge their son had autism since then the boy would have been considered by Scientology to be "defective". However, the Kawasaki Disease diagnosis would have been more "acceptable". According to the tenants of Scientology, the Travoltas would be forbidden to give Jett any medication, but would have treated him with large doses of vitamins (including Niacin) followed by 5 or so hours in a sauna to take the "poisons" out of his system.

Of course, we do not know if the Travoltas did or did not ever give him seizure medication as their lawyer stated. We also do not know what Jett really suffered from-- it is all speculation. And, as stated by Seamaid, we may never know what really happened to him.

God bless him. Like Caylee, he is safe in the care of the Creator and free from pain and suffering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back