John & the Basement

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That phrase uttered by one of the LE present during the PP theft of evidence says it ALL. "Don't you worry about it."

and the 'police already know who did it' line.

My husband, who knows absolutely NOTHING about this case whatsoever, except that JB was murdered in her home...while her parents and brother slept nearby...and he also gathered from the news that the Rams had plenty of dough. He..(my husband) said, they got away with it because they have lots of money. (He didn't even know that Patsy had died!!!) He laughs at me, for being so wrapped up in this case. Anyway...I just thought that it was interesting that he came to that conclusion, with the little bit of info that he knows.

This is on a thread all by itself, here. But, just in case anyone has overlooked it...this is very enlightning. Its worth a second read...for others who have read it.

http://www.forstevethomas.com/

A statement from Steve Thomas...Sept. 2006

Click the link..."Police and Public Support". I didn't check out any of the links on that page, until today. Here is one of the posts...

2001 - From a friend of Steve Thomas:

Many years ago, a police officer I respect tremendously shared some words with me I will always remember: "...family takes care of family, and never forget that..."

As all of you know, police officers routinely stand in harm's way so that strangers can be safe from those who do not share our belief in the rule of law.

In return for trying to make their communities better places in which all of us can reside, police officers find their efforts second-guessed by being assaulted, both physically and verbally.

In short, another cop is being sued, although he did absolutely nothing wrong. He deserves better. His name is Steve Thomas.

Steve is a good friend of mine who was a highly decorated 13 year veteran police officer with the Boulder, Colorado Police Department. He was also the lead detective on the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation.

Steve has been wrongfully sued for libel by John and Patsy Ramsey, in connection with his role in that case and for expressing his First Amendment-protected opinion concerning JonBenet's tragic death.

In the face of this attempt to squelch his free speech rights, former detective Thomas makes it clear that he stands firmly behind his beliefs and his convictions.

Remember the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln, "...it is a sin to remain silent when it is your duty to protest!..."

Respectfully,

-- Marty Brhel, Deputy District Attorney (retired), Riverside County, California

Who is Steve?
Former Boulder Police Detective

Steve Thomas, former Boulder Police Detective, was enjoying his police career as an inconspicuous undercover narcotics detective until a fateful Christmas homicide in 1996.

Thomas was called in as one of the lead investigators on the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation two days after the discovery of her body on December 26, 1996. Inheriting a botched crime scene, a reluctant DA's office, and politics of the worst sort, he worked the case from 1996 - 1998.

During the investigation, he pursued countless leads, gathered evidence, and interviewed hundred of witnesses and suspects across the country, including the Ramsey parents.

On August 6, 1998, on JonBenet's 8th birthday, Steve Thomas resigned from the Boulder Police Department. He wrote a five page resignation letter, issuing a pointed critique of the district attorney's office and the concerns about the mishandling of this of the murder investigation, exposing what many had suspected about the criminal justice system in Boulder.

Quotes from Steve, "This case, first and foremost, should have been a pretty straightforward murder investigation. What it became, instead, was a disastrous failure on the part of government, of which I was a part, and a political charade and fraud put upon the public."

Quotes from Steve, " I was a police officer and detective for 13 years. It was a calling I loved. How often in life are we blessed to thoroughly enjoy our work? But no one should be asked to choose between what is demonstrably wrong, one's ethics and one's livelihood. Rather than work for a system that was flawed from the inside out, I left police work. People ask me if I miss it -- I most certainly do. But I do not miss, for a second, the criminal "in-justice" system that is in place and the way business is conducted in Boulder."

A graduate of the University of Colorado, Steve Thomas received more than a hundred commendations and awards during his 13-year police career, including the Award of Excellence, a medal for lifesaving, a SWAT citation, and a Distinguished Service Award. Thomas' career included a variety of assignments, ranging from recruit training and SWAT to special investigations and undercover narcotics. One of Thomas' drug cases was heard by the Colorado Supreme Court, resulting in a unanimous search-and-seizure decision favoring law enforcement. After two officer-involved shootings, Thomas also instructed on surviving critical incidents. Prior to the Ramsey case, Thomas worked on a multi-state task force investigating racketeering and organized crime that resulted in numerous grand jury indictments.

Steve Thomas has been a guest lecturer on criminal justice topics and instructed on law enforcement issues. His commitment and respect for professional law enforcement has not diminished.

My husband, who knows absolutely NOTHING about this case whatsoever, except that JB was murdered in her home...while her parents and brother slept nearby...and he also gathered from the news that the Rams had plenty of dough. He..(my husband) said, they got away with it because they have lots of money. (He didn't even know that Patsy had died!!!) He laughs at me, for being so wrapped up in this case. Anyway...I just thought that it was interesting that he came to that conclusion, with the little bit of info that he knows.

ohh,you get that too??? And here I thought I was the only one ! LOL.
yes,it is interesting,and certainly true...consider that low reward amount...only $100,000,which now,as I understand,isn't even being offered anymore.Both those facts say a lot,IMO.They sure didn't want anyone who might think that any more than that was a lot of money, and who knew something about the case to talk !

Who is Steve?
Former Boulder Police Detective

Steve Thomas, former Boulder Police Detective, was enjoying his police career as an inconspicuous undercover narcotics detective until a fateful Christmas homicide in 1996.

Thomas was called in as one of the lead investigators on the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation two days after the discovery of her body on December 26, 1996. Inheriting a botched crime scene, a reluctant DA's office, and politics of the worst sort, he worked the case from 1996 - 1998.

During the investigation, he pursued countless leads, gathered evidence, and interviewed hundred of witnesses and suspects across the country, including the Ramsey parents.

On August 6, 1998, on JonBenet's 8th birthday, Steve Thomas resigned from the Boulder Police Department. He wrote a five page resignation letter, issuing a pointed critique of the district attorney's office and the concerns about the mishandling of this of the murder investigation, exposing what many had suspected about the criminal justice system in Boulder.

Quotes from Steve, "This case, first and foremost, should have been a pretty straightforward murder investigation. What it became, instead, was a disastrous failure on the part of government, of which I was a part, and a political charade and fraud put upon the public."

Quotes from Steve, " I was a police officer and detective for 13 years. It was a calling I loved. How often in life are we blessed to thoroughly enjoy our work? But no one should be asked to choose between what is demonstrably wrong, one's ethics and one's livelihood. Rather than work for a system that was flawed from the inside out, I left police work. People ask me if I miss it -- I most certainly do. But I do not miss, for a second, the criminal "in-justice" system that is in place and the way business is conducted in Boulder."

A graduate of the University of Colorado, Steve Thomas received more than a hundred commendations and awards during his 13-year police career, including the Award of Excellence, a medal for lifesaving, a SWAT citation, and a Distinguished Service Award. Thomas' career included a variety of assignments, ranging from recruit training and SWAT to special investigations and undercover narcotics. One of Thomas' drug cases was heard by the Colorado Supreme Court, resulting in a unanimous search-and-seizure decision favoring law enforcement. After two officer-involved shootings, Thomas also instructed on surviving critical incidents. Prior to the Ramsey case, Thomas worked on a multi-state task force investigating racketeering and organized crime that resulted in numerous grand jury indictments.

Steve Thomas has been a guest lecturer on criminal justice topics and instructed on law enforcement issues. His commitment and respect for professional law enforcement has not diminished.

:clap::clap::clap:

and the R's had the nerve to say he was a 'rookie'..oh please ! then Patsy saying he looked young enough to be a boy scout..anyone would have to be oblivious to all common sense not to see the truth here,if they've researched it enough.

:clap::clap::clap:

and the R's had the nerve to say he was a 'rookie'..oh please ! then Patsy saying he looked young enough to be a boy scout..anyone would have to be oblivious to all common sense not to see the truth here,if they've researched it enough.

Patsy saying that he looked like a "boyscout" was a subliminal way of saying...that he was a rookie. So they said he was a rookie, and they implied to the public that he was a rookie.

Patsy saying that he looked like a "boyscout" was a subliminal way of saying...that he was a rookie. So they said he was a rookie, and they implied to the public that he was a rookie.

I believe they also said that he refused offers to help w. the case..oh please !

Steve must have been VERY close to the truth for the Rs and their lawyers to go after him the way they did. Bottom line- NO police officer should be allowed to be sued by a suspect for investigating that suspect.

Steve must have been VERY close to the truth for the Rs and their lawyers to go after him the way they did. Bottom line- NO police officer should be allowed to be sued by a suspect for investigating that suspect.

I totally agree with that....I have NEVER ever heard of another suspect that has sued police for just being investigated for wrong doing. Now...if they are actually charged with something, convicted and sent to jail...and then some evidence later clears them....THEN and only then...would they have a reason to sue.

Yep...I think that he was thisclose to solving the case. The Rams sure didn't want THAT to happen!!!

I totally agree with that....I have NEVER ever heard of another suspect that has sued police for just being investigated for wrong doing. Now...if they are actually charged with something, convicted and sent to jail...and then some evidence later clears them....THEN and only then...would they have a reason to sue.

Even THEN, I don't think it's right. That would stop cold all investigations for ANY crime, if people later found innocent could sue. The only way this should happed is when LE is found to have lied, refused to look at evidence or withheld evidence (as in the Duke University rape case).

Even THEN, I don't think it's right. That would stop cold all investigations for ANY crime, if people later found innocent could sue. The only way this should happed is when LE is found to have lied, refused to look at evidence or withheld evidence (as in the Duke University rape case).

No, I am talking about INNOCENT people that are actually sent to jail. It has happened lots of times..and they DO sue, and usually win. Just for example...someone accused of rape..and then later, DNA proves that it wasn't them.

Oh, that's different. Yes, it does happen. A lot of times in those cases, it comes to light that certain evidence was ignored ot not presented at the time. But, horrible as those kinds of mistakes are, they do happen.

I agree except I think it was because he wrote a book publically naming Patsy that he was sued for.

Hadn't Mr. Thomas resigned from the police force at the time he wrote the book?

I agree except I think it was because he wrote a book publically naming Patsy that he was sued for.

Cyril Wecht,the one who did Anna Nicole's autopsy, also wrote a pretty damning book,naming John as the killer.But they completely ignored that.
But the hit dog barks,and bark they did when Thomas wrote his book.

I found this post on another site that is running a poll/survey on "Who Killed JonBenet" and thought it would be of interest:

CynBenet wrote:
So Detoit--who do you think killed Jonbenet?
"Gary McNeal, a friend of Fleet White, who owns a home here in the Detroit area and is a serial killer. Gary claims to be the 1970`s Michigan Oakland County Child Killer. In 1995 Gary returned from out West saying that he killed Nick in Alma and later showed me a photo of Morgan Nick. Gary drove a red truck with a too small black camper on the back, exactly what witnesses saw at her abduction. He threw away the black camper back and left it lying in front of my brothers house. All the Michigan kids were abducted and killed on WED & SUN as was Jonbenet, all were redressed as was Jonbenet in oversized underwear, which said Wednesday. Gary even slept on Jonbenet`s bed in Charlevoix in the Fall before her murder, leaving a suitcase and cowboy boots, using the key where Fleet told him it was, to gain entry to the Charlevoix home, and sleep ON Jonbenet`s bed on a WED. All the Michigan kids were killed on/near Holidays as was Jonbenet killed on Christmas. There are many more things I could say about why I believe Gary did it and Fleet asked him to do it. Among them would be a pattern of WED/ SUN murders in several states with back to back kids missing in 2 states on back ro back WED/SUN and a pattern of kids missing in 3 cities in a row on a road atlas in several states, exactly as Gary has bragged. Also Gary tried to attack my daughter when she was 5."

I found this post on another site that is running a poll/survey on "Who Killed JonBenet" and thought it would be of interest:​

CynBenet wrote:​

So Detoit--who do you think killed Jonbenet?​
"Gary McNeal, a friend of Fleet White, who owns a home here in the Detroit area and is a serial killer. Gary claims to be the 1970`s Michigan Oakland County Child Killer. In 1995 Gary returned from out West saying that he killed Nick in Alma and later showed me a photo of Morgan Nick. Gary drove a red truck with a too small black camper on the back, exactly what witnesses saw at her abduction. He threw away the black camper back and left it lying in front of my brothers house. All the Michigan kids were abducted and killed on WED & SUN as was Jonbenet, all were redressed as was Jonbenet in oversized underwear, which said Wednesday. Gary even slept on Jonbenet`s bed in Charlevoix in the Fall before her murder, leaving a suitcase and cowboy boots, using the key where Fleet told him it was, to gain entry to the Charlevoix home, and sleep ON Jonbenet`s bed on a WED. All the Michigan kids were killed on/near Holidays as was Jonbenet killed on Christmas. There are many more things I could say about why I believe Gary did it and Fleet asked him to do it. Among them would be a pattern of WED/ SUN murders in several states with back to back kids missing in 2 states on back ro back WED/SUN and a pattern of kids missing in 3 cities in a row on a road atlas in several states, exactly as Gary has bragged. Also Gary tried to attack my daughter when she was 5."
Ah, yes. Good ol' Detroit. You see, jeena, this is how he operates. He'll say something like "Gary told me such and such and that is how it was found. Now, tell me, how would Gary know that if he wasn't there?" And it turns out this information has been out there for years. What cracked me up is when he said that Gary told him he punched a hole in the bottom pane of the window when, in reality, it was the top pane that was broken.

-Tea

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa83
Back