JonBenét: An American Murder Mystery September 12-14 10/9C On Investigation Disovery

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is one question that we unequivocally got the answer to. Their was a committee that Alex Hunter made up and it even had Law Enforcement on it. This panel made a UNAMIMOUS decision that AH should not indict the Ramsey's at that time even with the Grand Jury's decision.

But it doesn't answer the question: why do the Grand Jury at all?

Frustratingly, there is no info on what medications Patsy was taking. After all of these years, and all of these shows - nothing concrete on Patsy's prescriptions.

she admitted to paxil and ativan in an interview with BPD

According to 'the Death of Innocense" story.........PR was in pain etc for 5 months. in June, 1993 diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. July 5, 1993 complete hysterectomy.........
immediate menopause symptoms. Taxol, Cytoxan, Cisplatin combined in heavy doses of chemo started July 27, 1993. Flew from Boulder to MD for treatments every 3 weeks.
Treatments lasted 9 months. Dec 10, 1993, laparoscopy. Dec 26, 4 hour exploratory (stem to stern) to wash down the inside of pelvic cavity. & take biopsies.(ICU)....13 days (Jan 1994) later reports came as 'clear'. 2 more chemo treatments for good measure.
This is the only medical I have found so far.

This begins tonight in the UK, ID channel @ 10PM. I finally get to watch it!

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Series Scores Record Ratings For ID Network

Investigation Discovery network’s JonBenet: An American Murder Mystery is the most-watched series in the history of the Discovery Communications network, averaging 2.6M viewers and 1.1M in the news demographic across its three-night premiere, according to L+3 stats.

Investigation Discovery’s project from Weinstein Television, American Media, Inc. and Jupiter Entertainment, aired Monday through Wednesday of last week at 10 PM. It peaked with Episode 2, which topped ad-supported cable for the night with 2.8M viewers and 1.3M in the 25-54 age bracket. In total, the series was sampled by about 11M viewers across its three nights.

But it doesn't answer the question: why do the Grand Jury at all?

It sure doesn't Dave. I am part way through Season 1 of the CBS series by the way. I am about to do an about face after finally hearing from some unbiased professionals that I respect. Not all of them but some of them. Hope we have some banter between us directly. Some things I may want to ask you if I don't get the answers that I hope I get by the end of series 2. :)

It sure doesn't Dave. I am part way through Season 1 of the CBS series by the way. I am about to do an about face after finally hearing from some unbiased professionals that I respect. Not all of them but some of them. Hope we have some banter between us directly. Some things I may want to ask you if I don't get the answers that I hope I get by the end of series 2. :)

Hey, man, I've always been here for you. And to answer why they bothered with one, it all goes back to what Steve Thomas said on part two: everything Alex Hunter did was based on politics. If he thought it was a choice between calling a grand jury or explaining himself to the governor (or a no confidence vote), not much choice at all.

I am a man of my word too Dave. It could be me ready to wear that clown suit instead of you. hehehehe

LOL! I won't hold it against you.

Hey, man, I've always been here for you. And to answer why they bothered with one, it all goes back to what Steve Thomas said on part two: everything Alex Hunter did was based on politics. If he thought it was a choice between calling a grand jury or explaining himself to the governor (or a no confidence vote), not much choice at all.

LOL! I won't hold it against you.

I have no love for the BPD, no trust, and to know they never spoke to the 911 operator makes me sick to my stomach. Much of my beliefs were that I think the Ramsey's deserved some benefit of the doubt while LE spoke to the tabloids and let the crime scene get trampled and clean. I understand them needing attorneys. But unbiased view of facts away from those guys is refreshing. I am able to take information at face value. I mean I have so much of the show yet to watch and hope to tonight. But from the 911 call, operator, note, I have put some things together. Cant believe it took 20 frickin years for this to be done. I will get with ya once I am done.

This is one answer that we unequivocally got the answer to. Their was a committee that Alex Hunter made up and it even had Law Enforcement on it. This panel made a UNAMIMOUS decision that AH should not indict the Ramsey's at that time even with the Grand Jury's decision.

Roy23,
That's what all good politicians do. Problem won't go away, then setup a committee and put your own man in as the chairman, set the ground rules, then tell everyone, We are going to have an independent investigation, blah, blah ... I'm sure you have heard it all before, then years later a report is written, by then nearly everyone has forgotten.

That's what committees are for: political fixes. So did JR call in a favor?

I have no love for the BPD, no trust, and to know they never spoke to the 911 operator makes me sick to my stomach. Much of my beliefs were that I think the Ramsey's deserved some benefit of the doubt while LE spoke to the tabloids and let the crime scene get trampled and clean. I understand them needing attorneys. But unbiased view of facts away from those guys is refreshing. I am able to take information at face value. I mean I have so much of the show yet to watch and hope to tonight. But from the 911 call, operator, note, I have put some things together. Cant believe it took 20 frickin years for this to be done. I will get with ya once I am done.

I've got time.

Roy23,
That's what all good politicians do. Problem won't go away, then setup a committee and put your own man in as the chairman, set the ground rules, then tell everyone, We are going to have an independent investigation, blah, blah ... I'm sure you have heard it all before, then years later a report is written, by then nearly everyone has forgotten.

That's what committees are for: political fixes. So did JR call in a favor?

I think you are misunderstanding our conversation UK. Alex Hunter was advised by LE that were on the ID show, Dr. Henry Lee, and others who thought RDI. Even while they thought RDI, they still advised Hunter to not indict the Ramsey's due to double Jeopardy. Dave's comment of why did they go to the Grand Jury in the first place is where he is talking about the politics.

I think you are misunderstanding our conversation UK. Alex Hunter was advised by LE that were on the ID show, Dr. Henry Lee, and others who thought RDI. Even while they thought RDI, they still advised Hunter to not indict the Ramsey's due to double Jeopardy. Dave's comment of why did they go to the Grand Jury in the first place is where he is talking about the politics.

Roy23,
Sure, and I'm comparing the GJ to a large committee, i.e. the GJ process was a calculated fix, its a preemptive method of control, and worked fine for the R's, i.e. no day in court, so the R's were happy.

Right. The Ramseys may have had nothing to do with the Grand Jury politics. It was all about the DA covering himself.

Roy23,
Sure, and I'm comparing the GJ to a large committee, i.e. the GJ process was a calculated fix, its a preemptive method of control, and worked fine for the R's, i.e. no day in court, so the R's were happy.

I see. So you are saying the R's wanted a Grand Jury called? Hmmm, not sure I can buy that but I have been wrong a lot.

I see. So you are saying the R's wanted a Grand Jury called? Hmmm, not sure I can buy that but I have been wrong a lot.

Roy23,
Did JR not have a conversation in private on the phone with the Governor? From memory did the Governor not suggest a GJ as way to serve justice?

Roy23,
Did JR not have a conversation in private on the phone with the Governor? From memory did the Governor not suggest a GJ as way to serve justice?

This is too much conspiracy theory for me. Right now, I am going to focus on watching the rest of this show. I mean I am dying here at work and want time to myself to see this. I am sure you can understand that though. In a nutshell though, UK, the Ramsey's were never charged because they weren't sure they could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. You want to point fingers at that I would start with the Boulder PD, but there are a whole lot of others you can blame after that as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back