JonBenét: An American Murder Mystery September 12-14 10/9C On Investigation Disovery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can anyone tell me where I could watch this online? I'm in Australia so we didn't have it aired here as far as I know. I've searched but can't find it :(

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I'm confused... do you mean the "Truth Revealed" two parter? I watched it yesterday and last night on 9Now catch-up.

I've got time.

I just looked at the poll results and really surprised at the BDI numbers really. It's plausible I guess. First of all, I would like to see all these items tested again based on the challenge to BPD by Dr. Lee and the panel. I am of the opinion that probably RDI but lets test it since we saw they made huge mistakes outlined in all these shows. I would be a bit more inclined to think Patsy snapped. I cant see the Ramsey's giving any permission for LE to talk to Burke at all if he did that. It's hard to keep a 9 to 11 year old boy quiet. From the 911 recording Burke is sayng "What did you find?" I am thinking he was curious. 9 year olds are pretty darn honest.

Also JBR had several pieces of pineapple. I imagine if it was one then I would like their theory more. I would go more JBR came downstairs and Patsy snapped somehow probably stressed with getting ready for the next day. I believe John found out after Patsy did all the staging in the morning. He wouldn't have panicked like that. Still processing though.

I'd bet these shows get some folks to open up along with the BPD. I expect more info to come out and I bet that was Clemente's intent.

I just looked at the poll results and really surprised at the BDI numbers really. It's plausible I guess. First of all, I would like to see all these items tested again based on the challenge to BPD by Dr. Lee and the panel. I am of the opinion that probably RDI but lets test it since we saw they made huge mistakes outlined in all these shows. I would be a bit more inclined to think Patsy snapped. I cant see the Ramsey's giving any permission for LE to talk to Burke at all if he did that. It's hard to keep a 9 to 11 year old boy quiet. From the 911 recording Burke is sayng "What did you find?" I am thinking he was curious. 9 year olds are pretty darn honest.

Also JBR had several pieces of pineapple. I imagine if it was one then I would like their theory more. I would go more JBR came downstairs and Patsy snapped somehow probably stressed with getting ready for the next day. I believe John found out after Patsy did all the staging in the morning. He wouldn't have panicked like that. Still processing though.

I'd bet these shows get some folks to open up along with the BPD. I expect more info to come out and I bet that was Clemente's intent.

Roy23,
BBM: Susan Stine to appear on Dr Phil's Show for some media therapy?

Roy23,
BBM: Susan Stine to appear on Dr Phil's Show for some media therapy?

I don't want to see anything Dr. Phil. Just like Making a Murderer, I expect the CBS show to move the needle a bit. Sure would like to see what was in the extra 2 hours.

I don't want to see anything Dr. Phil. Just like Making a Murderer, I expect the CBS show to move the needle a bit. Sure would like to see what was in the extra 2 hours.

Roy23,
Sure, any extra info can be spun into a JonBenet Christmas Special along with the missing episode?

This is too much conspiracy theory for me. Right now, I am going to focus on watching the rest of this show. I mean I am dying here at work and want time to myself to see this. I am sure you can understand that though. In a nutshell though, UK, the Ramsey's were never charged because they weren't sure they could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. You want to point fingers at that I would start with the Boulder PD, but there are a whole lot of others you can blame after that as well.

Well, Roy, what do make of these statements:

“That Alex Hunter served many terms is because the voters weren’t paying attention." From Stan Garnett, current BDA.

"We were not partners." Former BPD officer Gretchen Smith, referring to the DA's office and their confrontational attitude toward the police.

“The district attorney’s office and some of the administration did not want to hear that an affluent member of the community was guilty of a crime like this.
“I don’t think they wanted to solve this crime and if they had to go down a different path that might not be the truth, I think they were willing to do that.”
Smith again.

“If we found that body of evidence in the possession of any third party, that’s pretty damning evidence but in this case, for some reason, the DA wanted to create some parallel universe where it wasn’t here. I find it preposterous.” Former BPD detective Steve Thomas

I just looked at the poll results and really surprised at the BDI numbers really. It's plausible I guess. First of all, I would like to see all these items tested again based on the challenge to BPD by Dr. Lee and the panel. I am of the opinion that probably RDI but lets test it since we saw they made huge mistakes outlined in all these shows. I would be a bit more inclined to think Patsy snapped.

I agree. I get it that people say she had a major investment in JonBenet, but that cuts two ways.

I cant see the Ramsey's giving any permission for LE to talk to Burke at all if he did that. It's hard to keep a 9 to 11 year old boy quiet. From the 911 recording Burke is sayng "What did you find?" I am thinking he was curious. 9 year olds are pretty darn honest.

That makes sense to me, too.

That wouldn't account for some of John's things being present. That could have been a mistake, though.

I'd call that a safe assumption.

I agree. I get it that people say she had a major investment in JonBenet, but that cuts two ways.

That makes sense to me, too.

That wouldn't account for some of John's things being present. That could have been a mistake, though.

I'd call that a safe assumption.

Here is a little food for thought with this discussion since Spitz and the panel have thrown out their theory. I have read of the violent nature of what happened in the Train room. The autopsy suggest that Jonbenet tried fervently to get the garrotte off her neck and dug her fingernails into her skin doing that. If she were brain dead by the blow to the head like they suggest, how is that possible?

Here is a little food for thought with this discussion since Spitz and the panel have thrown out their theory. I have read of the violent nature of what happened in the Train room.
What you've read about the "violent nature of what happened in the Train room" is conjecture or someone's opinion. Only one person "knows" what happened, where it happened, and how it happened. Everything else is speculation based on the limited knowledge we have.

The autopsy suggest that Jonbenet tried fervently to get the garrotte off her neck and dug her fingernails into her skin doing that.
The AR does not suggest that. That would be someone's interpretation of what they read in the AR. If you've ever seen actual photos of someone who really did have their or their assailant's fingernails dug into their neck, it would be obvious that the grouping of petechial hemorrhages on JonBenet's neck are not similar. They are the result of burst capillaries from the ligature strangulation -- plain and simple.

If she were brain dead by the blow to the head like they suggest, how is that possible?
Simple: It's not.

I'm not even sure why they had JMK on this. He's a creepy, disgusting, clown of a man who loves the spot light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Here is a little food for thought with this discussion since Spitz and the panel have thrown out their theory. I have read of the violent nature of what happened in the Train room. The autopsy suggest that Jonbenet tried fervently to get the garrotte off her neck and dug her fingernails into her skin doing that.

You must be reading a different autopsy report, Roy. It doesn't suggest that at all. The "fingernail marks" are fantasies, just like the stun gun marks. The AR says quite clearly: petechial hemorrhages, bleeding under the skin. Not the deep scratches you'd expect. Moreover, the other signs of struggle are conspicuously absent. Where was the flesh under her fingernails? Where's the damage to the neck interior? Where are the bite marks on her tongue and inside her mouth? Just to name a few.

If she were brain dead by the blow to the head like they suggest, how is that possible?

It isn't.

You must be reading a different autopsy report, Roy. It doesn't suggest that at all. The "fingernail marks" are fantasies, just like the stun gun marks. The AR says quite clearly: petechial hemorrhages, bleeding under the skin. Not the deep scratches you'd expect. Moreover, the other signs of struggle are conspicuously absent. Where was the flesh under her fingernails? Where's the damage to the neck interior? Where are the bite marks on her tongue and inside her mouth? Just to name a few.

It isn't.

OK! Thanks

Hello all and thank you for having me on your forum. I have followed a lot of you for years on here and you have helped me in recommending resources to sort through the myriad of twist and turns in this convoluted case. I have stepped away from this case on a few other occasions with great disappointment and frustration swearing I just couldn't do this anymore and thinking it wouldn't matter anyways. After the CBS series I remembered that so many who could have made a difference have quit and if we all quit then we are simply, in my opinion, playing into JR's modus of running out the clock. I have recently read the current and former Gov's of Colorado responses to the CBS special as well as numerous articles reflecting Dr. Lee's wish to reexamine the evidence using modern methods and It gave me hope, most likely fools hope as the past has shown, that this time someone who can make a difference to this case will be allowed to. I would like to explain where I am currently in my thinking on this case in hopes of connecting with others who may still be drilling down on theories. I am 94% RDI and 6% IDI. The 6% IDI in me is because I realize that the quickest path to Justice in this case would be to have some unknown psychopath with no connection to the family show up and match the single non-familia DNA found in JBR's panties. I don't believe given the current condition of physical evidence in this case through accident, ignorance or purposeful destruction, as well as Woods 20 years of muddying the water a conviction of JR could be reached. BR clearly to young and Mom gone.
When I laid this down a few years ago, and little has changed since, I felt it would be a solid irrefutable legal point that BR was the last (known) person to see JBR alive between the hours of 10:45pm and 11:20pm in the kitchen. Print may place Patsy here at this time but not solid as she denies preparing pineapple. I would like to ask if some of you would test this statement and see if we are in agreement. If not I apologize for not being up to speed. Also, I am looking for what is to be considered the most up to date defined time of death for JBR. Please provide source or offer thoughts on this as I have run into numerous 'expert' opinions tied to either JR or the DA's office that seem designed to muddle that facts

Hello all and thank you for having me on your forum. I have followed a lot of you for years on here and you have helped me in recommending resources to sort through the myriad of twist and turns in this convoluted case. I have stepped away from this case on a few other occasions with great disappointment and frustration swearing I just couldn't do this anymore and thinking it wouldn't matter anyways. After the CBS series I remembered that so many who could have made a difference have quit and if we all quit then we are simply, in my opinion, playing into JR's modus of running out the clock. I have recently read the current and former Gov's of Colorado responses to the CBS special as well as numerous articles reflecting Dr. Lee's wish to reexamine the evidence using modern methods and It gave me hope, most likely fools hope as the past has shown, that this time someone who can make a difference to this case will be allowed to. I would like to explain where I am currently in my thinking on this case in hopes of connecting with others who may still be drilling down on theories. I am 94% RDI and 6% IDI. The 6% IDI in me is because I realize that the quickest path to Justice in this case would be to have some unknown psychopath with no connection to the family show up and match the single non-familia DNA found in JBR's panties. I don't believe given the current condition of physical evidence in this case through accident, ignorance or purposeful destruction, as well as Woods 20 years of muddying the water a conviction of JR could be reached. BR clearly to young and Mom gone.
When I laid this down a few years ago, and little has changed since, I felt it would be a solid irrefutable legal point that BR was the last (known) person to see JBR alive between the hours of 10:45pm and 11:20pm in the kitchen. Print may place Patsy here at this time but not solid as she denies preparing pineapple. I would like to ask if some of you would test this statement and see if we are in agreement. If not I apologize for not being up to speed. Also, I am looking for what is to be considered the most up to date defined time of death for JBR. Please provide source or offer thoughts on this as I have run into numerous 'expert' opinions tied to either JR or the DA's office that seem designed to muddle that facts

Welcome to Websleuths, spitsthetruth!

After the CBS series I remembered that so many who could have made a difference have quit and if we all quit then we are simply, in my opinion, playing into JR's modus of running out the clock.

Wow, I've never seen anyone sum it up so well.

I managed to get a few screencaps from clips of this show, but can't seem to find the full version - can't watch it on the ID site as I am in NZ. Does anyone have a link to the full episodes? The reason why I am asking is that I can capture and post up any screen caps of stuff which may help jog people's memories in terms of collected evidence.

For example, while watching one of the clips, I saw something which made me wonder how it ties in to the whole case. It's a shot which presumably is just a 'recreation' of the evidence LE was sifting through, but it still stood out - what is this slip of paper?

attachment.php

Attachments

• evidencetable1.jpg
    evidencetable1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 277
I managed to get a few screencaps from clips of this show, but can't seem to find the full version - can't watch it on the ID site as I am in NZ. Does anyone have a link to the full episodes? The reason why I am asking is that I can capture and post up any screen caps of stuff which may help jog people's memories in terms of collected evidence.

For example, while watching one of the clips, I saw something which made me wonder how it ties in to the whole case. It's a shot which presumably is just a 'recreation' of the evidence LE was sifting through, but it still stood out - what is this slip of paper?

attachment.php

My guess is it's to represent the letter from Santa found torn up in JonBenet's bedroom wastepaper bin.

spitsthetruth,
Welcome aboard. You know what they say about When going gets tough ... and all that.

From what originally simply appeared to be an upper income homicide of a child has morphed into media gold dust for the networks, yet along the way it has become more interesting as further evidence has been released, e.g. photo of Burke's long johns.

Technically the last person to see JonBenet alive was Patsy, i.e. she put jonBenet to bed. Burke said he returned downstairs after everyone was in bed.

Whether JonBenet was already downstairs or followed him is another question.

If you accept the forensic evidence yielded by fingerprint analysis and the autopsy reports account of JonBenet having eaten pineapple after arriving home, then the circumstantial evidence suggests Burke may have been the last person to see JonBenet alive.

The latter scenario does not include the possibility that after eating the pineapple JonBenet made her way to bed, where there was an altercation with one of the parents who would then also be the last person to see JonBenet alive.

So it really all depends on what your favored possible explanation is, which is why you will have read differing expert opinions on the subject.

So in essence the available evidence can accommodate a BDI, PDI or JDI depending how much stress you place on the forensic evidence.

I felt it would be a solid irrefutable legal point that BR was the last (known) person to see JBR alive between the hours of 10:45pm and 11:20pm in the kitchen.
So it would not be legally irrefutable that BR was the last person to see JonBenet alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back