JonBenet Ramsey: What Really Happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have wondered why JAR, after years of silence, now joins Team Ramsey in
podcast and media interview?

Hard to distinguish good intentions amid other motivations wrt this case.

Tadpole12,
Has to be the $$. There is little else that will persuade a Ramsey to make a public appearance or agree to a Talking Point?

What all this tells us is that the R's reckon they have got away with it, so they are popping up in the media regularly now.

Just wait till John leaves us, it will be open season on Who Killed JonBenet and no Lin Wood to issue lawsuits as the dead cannot be defamed.

My money is on Burke doing interviews and appearing in a Tell All Documentary. There was a day when you would never see JR in a documentary, yet look at him now, he is Consultant in Chief in most new documentaries.

BTW if you have the $$ you can purchase a covid vaccination via a private clinic, has JR been vaccinated yet?

upload_2021-1-4_3-33-25.jpeg

Veteran cop Lou Smit, who died in 2010, kept detailed audio diaries of the investigation, which are heard for the first time in JonBenet Ramsey: What Really Happened, which premieres January 4.

Smit, who worked on 200 murder cases, was brought out of retirement in Denver to help investigate the homicide.

As highlighted in the film, he painstakingly examined the evidence and came to the conclusion that it was an intruder who murdered JonBenet. But this put him at odds with other detectives in the Boulder Police Department, who were convinced that John and Patsy were the killers.

"There is evidence of an intruder. I say this over and over again. Nobody wants to listen," an exasperated Smit can be heard saying in one of the tapes, which have been released by his children in the hope that they will help find the true killer. "There is absolutely no motive for the Ramseys to do it."
New Documentary Sheds Fresh Light on Unsolved Murder of JonBenet

'A Vicious Killer (Still) On The Loose': Inside The Unsolved Murder Of 6-Year-Old JonBenét Ramsey

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case to Get New Attention in New Series, Which Will Reveal New Information as Well
https://okmagazine.com/news/who-killed-jonbenet-ramsey-killer/
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...msay-Will-Premiere-on-Discovery-Plus-20201222
https://okmagazine.com/news/who-killed-jonbenet-ramsey-killer/

What really happened!?Burke kill his sister by accident and Ramsey familly covered the murder with the help of Hunter!
If this case had taked place in NY and the parrents where poor ,nobody will remember Jon!

Last edited:
....As highlighted in the film, he [Smit] painstakingly examined the evidence and came to the conclusion that it was an intruder who murdered JonBenet. But this put him at odds with other detectives in the Boulder Police Department, who were convinced that John and Patsy were the killers....

Not exactly. In "JonBenet" Steve Thomas says that late-comer Smit announced that he thought the Ramseys were innocent 72 hours after he arrived.

Also from JonBenet:

"Frank Coffman, a local writer, had told me [Steve Thomas] that Pam Griffin, a friend of Patsy Ramsey’s from kiddie pageant circles, claimed Patsy had told her about writing the so-called practice note for some innocent reason. I jumped at the possibility that a suspect had admitted to a third party that she had written it. It was a huge development, and I brought it up promptly.

DA investigator Lou Smit coughed, then acknowledged that he had received the same information some time earlier. 'I was going to write a report on that,' he said. I was appalled that he had not placed it before us immediately. It seemed to me that if something pointed against the Ramseys, it might never reach the detectives. If that had surfaced, what else could there be? Why were they putting material that might help the Ramsey cause into the case file when legitimate leads such as this were stashed in a desk drawer somewhere? Burying leads from fellow investigators is one of the worst things a detective can do because it destroys trust."

Thomas, Steve. JonBenet (p. 225). St. Martin's Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

i have got to the point that BDI and "PR stupidity" ("JR stupidity/panic"??) explains much of this case.... basically everyone covered things up.

i guess i would question whether PR would know of ligature/sexual strangulation..... seems like more of a perverted male thing

w0w... PR admitted to someone writing practice note..... and Lou Smit had the same info.

It's not that straightforward because it seems Griffin wouldn't confirm. Perhaps she came to realize how damning this would be for her basketcase friend.

My point was that Smit knew of this possibility and withheld it from the team because it had the potential to damage Patsy.

Not exactly. In "JonBenet" Steve Thomas says that late-comer Smit announced that he thought the Ramseys were innocent 72 hours after he arrived.
He was brought in to come up with an intruder scenario. The fix was in with all concerned. They were required by law not to implicate a minor and had to have an scenario to protect Burke.

Do the Rs even have an IDI scenario? How did the perp enter and leave? Where was JB killed? Why the two means of lethality separated by an hour? What is their explanation about the pineapple? When was the RN written? Who knew about the 118K bonus? How did PR's hair wind up in the ligature? Why was JB redressed and why was that done so poorly? Who had been sexually abusing JB and why was the family ignorant about this? These unanswered Qs could fill pages. No. The Rs do not have a credible scenario.
Something that is ridic about all this is that, during his 'reenactment', LS climbed down through the basement window in the daylight, not in the dark. Also, there was no evidence of melted snow anywhere, which there would have been if the intruder came in that way during the night. Of course, LS didn't climb back up to leave via the window. The grate was in its proper place when LE first arrived, which would mean that the intruder placed it back in position before vanishing.

JonBenét Ramsey documentary hopes to ‘keep the case alive’
Jan 5, 2021

Reaction quotes from JR and JAR within article

"I was not aware of the audio tapes... It's a real asset to solving this case, still, John Ramsey says adding that hearing Smit's voice again
gave him a "nice warm feeling. He was quite a person ... a legend in Colorado for what he accomplished in his career." ...

"John Ramsey admits he didn't watch the whole film, realizing it would be too painful - "It's just hard to revisit that for me, quite frankly," he says - but spoke to a major theme of the film: how the police misjudged him and Patsy."

"John Andrew says he's spoken to labs and scientists who are familiar with the case and (all) are willing to help. But right now, the case resides with the Boulder Police Department, and they aren't listening, so we'll have to apply some pressure to get them to listen to some experts. This can be solved," he says. "It's gonna take hard work, it's gonna take passion... If you don't have the heart, it doesn't get solved. And the reality is, the Boulder Police don't have the heart."

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021

"I was not aware of the audio tapes... It's a real asset to solving this case, still, John Ramsey says adding that hearing Smit's voice again
gave him a "nice warm feeling. He was quite a person ... a legend in Colorado for what he accomplished in his career." ...

"John Ramsey admits he didn't watch the whole film, realizing it would be too painful - "It's just hard to revisit that for me, quite frankly," he says - but spoke to a major theme of the film: how the police misjudged him and Patsy."

"John Andrew says he's spoken to labs and scientists who are familiar with the case and (all) are willing to help. But right now, the case resides with the Boulder Police Department, and they aren't listening, so we'll have to apply some pressure to get them to listen to some experts. This can be solved," he says. "It's gonna take hard work, it's gonna take passion... If you don't have the heart, it doesn't get solved. And the reality is, the Boulder Police don't have the heart."

So your basic nothing burger then.

Jan 5, 2021

JAR's comments wrt to USA Today article

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRamsey_Truth/status/1347235865110564866
https://mobile.twitter.com/JRamsey_Truth/status/1346854363873112066

Last edited:
Do the Rs even have an IDI scenario? How did the perp enter and leave? Where was JB killed? Why the two means of lethality separated by an hour? What is their explanation about the pineapple? When was the RN written? Who knew about the 118K bonus? How did PR's hair wind up in the ligature? Why was JB redressed and why was that done so poorly? Who had been sexually abusing JB and why was the family ignorant about this? These unanswered Qs could fill pages. No. The Rs do not have a credible scenario.
Something that is ridic about all this is that, during his 'reenactment', LS climbed down through the basement window in the daylight, not in the dark. Also, there was no evidence of melted snow anywhere, which there would have been if the intruder came in that way during the night. Of course, LS didn't climb back up to leave via the window. The grate was in its proper place when LE first arrived, which would mean that the intruder placed it back in position before vanishing.

They have explanations for those things. I don't know of any reason why an intruder couldn't just walk out the door near that grate.

The crazy part is the second floor hemp rope business. Iirc, Lou Smit said the intruder brought it in to facilitate his escape. To rappel from the 2nd floor?

The Ramseys both said the rope might belong to JAR so it doesn't actually need an explanation. And it's a dead ringer for a rope JonBenet used in a photoshoot years earlier. When confronted with photographic evidence, Smit doubled down and said the rope in evidence didn't hold its shape as well as the one in the photoshoot. So the intruder, according to Smit, brought in a rope of the same material, handedness, length and with the ends taped exactly the same way, just a little limper. That should have narrowed down the viable suspects, huh?

One might expect the natural fibers of a rope to degrade a bit over the years. It seems that Smit could not admit a mistake.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarlaK
Back