JonBenet's Skull Fractures: The Weapon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Desitin is for external use only! It is for diaper rash. JB was still wearing pull-ups because she had urinary incontinence. It would not be unusual for her to develop diaper rash -- especially with the apparent lack of attention to cleanliness among family members in that hellhole (unless it was before an event). Urine left on sensitive skin for any length of time will irritate. Desitin should be no reason for suspicion under the circumstances. I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to use Desitin internally. Patsy was educated and capable of understanding the warning on the tube that says "FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY".

I have to say here also, that I can't imagine any mother (unless you want to go down the sexual abuse road) douching a six-year-old. Anyone should know the damage that would cause, and I don't think PR would want "that child" spoiled for her adult life. As deca said (and I agree), "Kids who soil themselves and sit it in don't get stuff up there- and most modern medical professionals agree that douching is not healthy for even most adults." Douching would only force the fecal matter further up into the vaginal cavity.

Also, the hymen is not something that requires a speculum to examine, as midwest mama has pointed out. I also think it is something that should be part of a physical exam (as well as an external anal exam) a pediatrician does to make sure there is not some sort of sexual abuse going on. But if a child is continuing to have problems "down there", it is absolutely irresponsible for the good doctor to have not examined her to find the reason. (BTW, my opinion is that he did, and that he was aware of the problem. That is why he said he would burn the records before he would hand them over to investigators.)

My take on the Desitin is LE was trying to determine the last time Desitin was used on JonBenet. According to Patsy, she put JonBenet to bed asleep and put on the pajama/long-john bottoms as soon as they got home from the White's. Perhaps fresh Desitin was found in the bathroom on the floor, in the bathtub, wherever, or maybe freshly applied to JonBenet and in the new size 12 underwear. I'm just speculating but I suspect they had a reason for asking.

JB's pubic area was swabbed. It is how they determined it was her own blood and not semen that had been wiped from her. It is possible the tests also turned up Desitin.

My take on the Desitin is LE was trying to determine the last time Desitin was used on JonBenet. According to Patsy, she put JonBenet to bed asleep and put on the pajama/long-john bottoms as soon as they got home from the White's. Perhaps fresh Desitin was found in the bathroom on the floor, in the bathtub, wherever, or maybe freshly applied to JonBenet and in the new size 12 underwear. I'm just speculating but I suspect they had a reason for asking.

BOESP,
Alike the missing piece of paintbrush, this aspect of the interview suggests there was something else found inside JonBenet?

Note:
3 TOM HANEY: Did JonBenet ever
4 complain about any inappropriate touching by
5 anybody?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: No.

7 TOM HANEY: Absolutely sure?
8 PATSY RAMSEYINAUDIBLE).
9 TRIP DeMUTH: Tom, just so I am
10 clear, the Desitin or any ointment or cream you
11 ever did apply was topical?
12 PATSY RAMSEY: Topical.

This is will be Steve Thomas' Corporal Punishment Theory
13 TRIP DeMUTH: So there was never
14 any internal ointment?
15 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
16 TRIP DeMUTH: Or cream that you
17 applied on JonBenet?
18 PATSY RAMSEY: No.

If there was Desitin found inside JonBenet then it could just as easily be explained as an attempt at forensic cleansing as some form of punishment for bedwetting?

BOESP,
Alike the missing piece of paintbrush, this aspect of the interview suggests there was something else found inside JonBenet?

Note:
This is will be Steve Thomas' Corporal Punishment Theory

If there was Desitin found inside JonBenet then it could just as easily be explained as an attempt at forensic cleansing as some form of punishment for bedwetting?

Yes, UKGuy, I pretty much agree with all you said but I don't have an opinion about what, if anything, was found inside JonBenet other than the fluids listed in the autopsy. I'm still fuming that the TOD on the autopsy was listed as the time John Ramsey found her and brought her up from the basement.

The 17th was the day JB had the pageant at the mall. It was also the date that JAR left for GA. PR called JB's Dr. several times within one hour - office hours for the day were over.
Then we have Gramps Paugh who leaves CO on a stand-by flight on the 24th.
The R's party on the 23rd was when JB said she did not feel pretty, and on Christmas Day JR was gone for the afternoon. JAR and BR, I believe, did not like their little sister, and probably were molesting her, along with others.

Yes, UKGuy, I pretty much agree with all you said but I don't have an opinion about what, if anything, was found inside JonBenet other than the fluids listed in the autopsy. I'm still fuming that the TOD on the autopsy was listed as the time John Ramsey found her and brought her up from the basement.

BOESP,
You have to query why Trip DeMuth asks Patsy about internal ointment they either found traces internally or are playing smoke and mirrors with Patsy?

We also have the splinter that was found inside JonBenet, according to Steve Thomas, or birefringement material if you are Meyer.

I have the feeling there is something we do not know.

The TOD is like the birefringement material, its Meyer speak for I'll tell you more if you call me to the stand! At autopsy Meyer declared he could not estimate TOD. Probably because there were multiple causes of death, so he could not be certain?

Theoretically JonBenet's TOD could be any time after they arrived back from the White's If you backwords using rigor as an estimate, then you arrive somewhere between 11:00 and 13:00.

Many people get confused about the birefringent material stated in the autopsy. There was also CELLULOSE, which I think we can al agree was the splinter(s). The birefringent material may or may not have been the cellulose, but "birefringent" indicates a material that reflects light- something the splinters wouldn't do UNLESS they were pieces that may have had some paint or varnish on them. The other options would be talc, and remember that latex gloves also have a powder on them. Latex gloves were found in Patsy's bathroom- she used them when dyeing hair.

Many people get confused about the birefringent material stated in the autopsy. There was also CELLULOSE, which I think we can al agree was the splinter(s). The birefringent material may or may not have been the cellulose, but "birefringent" indicates a material that reflects light- something the splinters wouldn't do UNLESS they were pieces that may have had some paint or varnish on them. The other options would be talc, and remember that latex gloves also have a powder on them. Latex gloves were found in Patsy's bathroom- she used them when dyeing hair.

DeeDee249,
Many people get confused about the birefringent material stated in the autopsy.
Yes they do, which is understandable, since it is an abstract idea based on common sense.

Everyone has seen a spoon in a glass of water, that from a near distance appears bent. Or in a swimming pool it is very difficult for child to tell the difference between the 3-foot end and 6-foot end.

In both case this is an example of refraction where the angle at which light enters an object differs from the angle at which it leaves.

In the case of the child the angle the light leaves the water at the 6-foot end, is close to the angle of that of the 3-foot end. Which creates an illusion and can sometimes lead to tragedy.

Its that simple! You will see this effect playing out in everyday life, through glass, perspex, windows, which will make objects appear out of place.

This bending effect an object has on light as it passes through an object is known as refraction, so all objects have a refractive index, or number.

When polarized light is passed through an object, depending on the angle of entry, it can leave at one of two angles.

This property is known as birefringence, so as an aide-memoire: refraction bends light in one direction and birefringence in two directions.

Alike refraction birefringence has an associated index or number, of which two are normally cited.

Both of these indexes, i.e. refraction and birefringence can be used to identify materials.

So it is not the reflective property of a material that matters but its capacity to bend light as it passes through it.

So as Steve Thomas suggests in his book there was a splinter found inside JonBenet, which we all assume was part of the broken paintbrush handle, which was composed from cellulose, i.e. wood.

The birefringent material found inside JonBenet may be different entirely from Steve Thomas' splinter or they may coincide, you decide?

Also that Coroner Meyer tells us in the autopsy report that there is birefringent material found inside JonBenet, tells us that the said material underwent laboratory testing, thus producing the materials birefringent index.

DeeDee249,
Many people get confused about the birefringent material stated in the autopsy.
Yes they do, which is understandable, since it is an abstract idea based on common sense.

Everyone has seen a spoon in a glass of water, that from a near distance appears bent. Or in a swimming pool it is very difficult for a child to tell the difference between the 3-foot end and 6-foot end.

In both case this is an example of refraction where the angle at which light enters an object differs from the angle at which it leaves.

In the case of the child the angle the light leaves the water at the 6-foot end, is close to the angle of that of the 3-foot end. Which creates an illusion and can sometimes lead to tragedy.

Its that simple! You will see this effect playing out in everyday life, through glass, perspex, windows, which will make objects appear out of place.

This bending effect an object has on light as it passes through an object is known as refraction, so all objects have a refractive index, or number.

When polarized light is passed through an object, depending on the angle of entry, it can leave at one of two angles.

This property is known as birefringence, so as an aide-memoire: refraction bends light in one direction and birefringence in two directions.

Alike refraction birefringence has an associated index or number, of which two are normally cited.

Both of these indexes, i.e. refraction and birefringence can be used to identify materials.

So it is not the reflective property of a material that matters but its capacity to bend light as it passes through it.

So as Steve Thomas suggests in his book there was a splinter found inside JonBenet, which we all assume was part of the broken paintbrush handle, which was composed from cellulose, i.e. wood.

The birefringent material found inside JonBenet may be different entirely from Steve Thomas' splinter or they may coincide, you decide?

Also that Coroner Meyer tells us in the autopsy report that there is birefringent material found inside JonBenet, tells us that the said material underwent laboratory testing, thus producing the materials birefringent index.

This means if there were talcum powder, paint or varnish present each of these materials has their own specific birefringent index or number uniquely identifying them.

So the Coroner can distinguish between Steve Thomas's splinter, and his own birefringent material, if required.

In response to UKGuy:

This means if there were talcum powder, paint or varnish present each of these materials has their own specific birefringent index or number uniquely identifying them.

So the Coroner can distinguish between Steve Thomas's splinter, and his own birefringent material, if required.

Agree. IMO, the Coroner was waiting until he was called to testify. I am not so sure Dr. Meyer wasn't pre-advised by someone in the circle connected to the RST to watch his P's and Q's the best he could until or unless he ever got placed on a witness stand. :moo:

In response to UKGuy:

Agree. IMO, the Coroner was waiting until he was called to testify. I am not so sure Dr. Meyer wasn't pre-advised by someone in the circle connected to the RST to watch his P's and Q's the best he could until or unless he ever got placed on a witness stand. :moo:

midwest mama,
I agree. IMO he was obfuscating the forensic evidence. This is a trick ordinary doctors play on patients, when attempting to conceal unpleasant facts from them.

As a tactic Meyer would be fully aware of why he was doing it. Consider Steve Thomas he called it a splinter, maybe Meyer was anticipating a call to the stand so he could wax lyrical on birefringence?

just guessing, but I'd say varnish. Maybe when the paint brush was broken, the varnish coating also 'broke', and then flecked.

I posted something at FFJ that may be useful for some, so I’m going to re-post it here (I know some still do not read there.). I’m not in the medical field, and I don’t claim any special understanding along that line. In fact, when I read some of the stuff written by professionals, my eyes start to glaze over after a while, and I struggle to try and understand it. So many big words I’m not familiar with, that by the time I look them up, I’ve usually forgotten why I needed to know what they meant and I’ve lost my train of thought. Then trying to put it all together and understand what I’m actually reading is just too much.

So what I did is take the portion of the AR detailing the skull and brain injuries and separate it into sections. Then I translated it into plain, simple English (with only a few big words thrown in for reference to what it is addressing.).

My doing this stemmed from a discussion at FFJ about coup vs. contrecoup injuries. It is my contention that there is nothing in Dr. Meyer’s report that would indicate a contrecoup injury. While it is possible that there was some not mentioned, there is nothing in the AR indicating that there was.

Also, after reading reviews at Amazon of James Kolar’s book, I see that people are still referring to the “little amount of bleeding (1-1/2 Tsp)” that Dr. Wecht mentions in his book. But this was only one area of bleeding. There were also two other areas of bleeding within other layers of the brain, as well as the blood that engorged the tissue manifesting itself as bruising.

The following is graphic and (unfortunately at times) brutal-sounding in order to describe the autopsy procedure. So take a deep breath and prepare yourself if you want to understand the brain injuries.

===================================================================

For reference:

Illustration-1:

500px-Cranial_bones_en.svg.png

___________________________________________​

Illustration-2:

Meninges-en.svg

___________________________________________​

Illustration-3:

500px-Gray769-en.svg.png

I've copied the words of the AR in blue first, then my translation in black and indented. I also added additional notes and comments [within brackets] and in bold green which may help.

Skull and Brain:
The head:
Upon reflection of the scalp there is found to be an extensive area of scalp hemorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the orbital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area. This encompasses an area measuring approximately 7x4 inches.
After cutting her scalp down to the bone, from ear to ear, across the top of her head, and then pulling the two parts of her scalp down to expose her skull, there is found to be a large area of bleeding from the scalp along the top/right side of her skull which goes from the bone just above her right eye socket, going all the way back to the back part of her skull. This covers an area that measures about 7” long (front to back) by 4” wide (side to side).
This grossly appears to be fresh hemorrhage with no evidence of organization.
Without taking into consideration any other evidence, and without benefit of having already examined the blood with a microscope, this looks like recent bleeding without any indication that it has begun the clotting process (coagulation). [IOW (and this gets pretty complicated here and beyond my complete understanding), there are microscopic things (mostly having to do with the platelets and fibrin in blood) that should be happening within the exposed blood in the area Dr. Meyer is talking about here -- if it had not happened recently. If these microscopic processes had occurred, this blood would appear to be thicker than it is because it had begun coagulating. I have read others’ opinions that this meant it had to have occurred very close to the TOD (time of death). If true, this would contradict the opinion of Dr. Lucy about TOD, but I’ll leave it at that for you decide what it means. If you care to read more about this process, and if you can keep your eyes from glazing over, this, and this are good sources, and then there’s always this.
At the superior extension of this area of hemorrhage is a linear to comminuted skull fracture which extends from the right occipital to posteroparietal area forward to the right frontal area across the parietal skull.
At the upper portion of this area of bleeding is a crack in her skull which includes both a linear crack and a hole which has broken pieces of bone punched out [The word “comminuted” directly contradicts what Dr. Spitz said about there being a single hinged piece of bone within the “hole”, and makes me wonder where he was getting his information and doubt everything else in his analysis.] which goes from the right side of the back of her skull, over the top, and forward to just above her right eye socket.
In the posteroparietal area of this fracture is a roughly rectangular shaped displaced fragment of skull measuring one and three-quarters by one-half inch.
At the back of her skull (refer to Illustration-1 above) [posteroparietal means the back of the parietal bone], there is a somewhat rectangular hole of broken skull bone which is 1.75” long by 0.5” wide. [I dispute, of course, the rectangular description of the depressed fracture. It could be that at the point in the autopsy that Dr. Meyer was at here, he had not yet removed the thin membrane (the pericranium) covering the skull --only the scalp without this membrane. If this membrane completely covered the hole and it was bruised as it appears to be where we can see only the back portion of it in the only photo we have available, it may have looked to be “roughly rectangular” at this point in the autopsy. That’s the only way I can imagine that it would have looked to be rectangular instead of oval.]
The hemorrhage and the fracture extend posteriorly just past the midline of the occipital area of the skull.
The bleeding and the fracture go back to just past the center of a line drawn down the middle of the occipital bone at the back of her head (refer to Illustration-1).
This fracture measures approximately 8.5 inches in length.
The entire length of the fracture is about 8.5”, from end to end.
On removal of the skull cap there is found to be a thin film of subdural hemorrhage measuring approximately 7-8 cc over the surface of the right cerebral hemisphere and extending to the base of the cerebral hemisphere.
After using a saw to cut off the top portion of her skull, there is a thin layer of bleeding which lies within the space between the outermost meningeal layer (the dura mater -- which adheres to the skull), and the arachnoid, which envelops the brain (refer to Illustration-2). [This is usually what results from tears in the bridging veins that cross through the subdural space. In contrast, epidural hematomas are usually caused by tears in arteries, resulting in a build-up of blood between the dura mater and the skull.] The amount of bleeding here would probably be about 7 to 8 cubic centimeters (7 cc = 1.4 teaspoons; 8 cc = 1.6 teaspoons. So 7 to 8 cc is the equivalent of about 1.5 teaspoons.) if it was collected and placed into a measuring device. This thin layer of blood is spread out over the entire right half of her brain and goes all the way down to the bottom of the right half of her brain.
The 1450 gm brain has a normal overall architecture.
The brain weighs 1450 grams (about 3 lbs. and 3oz.) and looks pretty normal in its shape. [IOW, it’s not larger in any one area than another -- meaning there is not a noticeable amount of swelling in any one area.]

[I should mention here that 1450 gm seems to me rather large for a 6 year old female, but Meyer makes no additional mention of it. For more information on brain weights, see notes below.]
Mild narrowing of the sulci and flattening of the gyri are seen.
Even though I (Meyer) just said there was no noticeable uneven swelling, there must be a small amount of swelling because of what is seen in the ridges and grooves of the surface of the brain.
No inflammation is identified.
I (Meyer) don’t see where this small amount of swelling is coming from.
There is a thin film of subarachnoid hemorrhage overlying the entire right cerebral hemisphere.
In addition to the thin layer of subdural bleeding mentioned earlier, there is also another thin layer of blood in the area between the arachnoid and the pia mater (refer to Illustration-2, and Illustration-3) that covers all of the right half of the brain. [This is the type of bleeding that usually occurs during a brain aneurysm.]
On the right cerebral hemisphere underlying the previously mentioned linear skull fracture is an extensive linear area of purple contusion extending from the right frontal area, posteriorly along the lateral aspect of the parietal region and into the occipital area. This area of contusion measures 8 inches in length with a width of up to 1.75 inches.
On the right half of the brain underneath the linear fracture is a large area of purple bruising of the outer portion of the brain. This bruising goes from above her eye socket to the back, along the right side of the top of her skull, all the way back to the back of her skull. This bruised area is 8” long by 1.75” wide (It coincides with the length and the location of the linear fracture.)
At the tip of the right temporal lobe is a one-quarter by one-quarter inch similar appearing purple contusion. Only very minimal contusion is present at the tip of the left temporal lobe. This area of contusion measures only one-half inch in maximum dimension.
[This is difficult for me to explain with my limited understanding, but the “tips” of the two temporal lobes are not truly distinguishable as physically identifiable parts of the brain. They are general areas that are theoretically divided regions of a portion of the brain -- so divided because the function of that portion of the brain. The tip is located at the back of the brain. It is probably better to simply see an animation of exactly where it is located here.]

[What Meyer is saying in the above sentences is that there is a very small area of bruising on the back of the brain. This is probably (IMO) because of the initial force from the head blow itself toward the back of her head. Meyer does make note here that the bruising is more dominant on the right tip over the left, but the total area is only one-half inch in maximum size.]
The cerebral vasculature contains no evidence of atherosclerosis.
The blood veins and arteries of her brain show no signs of hardening. [I’m not sure why Meyer would state this, unless it is just a standard notation made during an autopsy. I don’t know of a reason that it could be related to the injuries associated with her head wound.]
Multiple coronal sections of the cerebral hemispheres, brain stem and cerebellum disclose no additional abnormalities.
With a carving knife, multiple sections of each of the two upper halves of the brain were cut, as well as sections of the two lower parts of the brain (as is the standard autopsy practice), and nothing else unusual or abnormal was noted.
The areas of previously described contusion are characterized by purple linear streak-like discolorations of the gray matter perpendicular to the surface of the cerebral cortex. These extend approximately 5mm into the cerebral cortex.
Once the sections were cut, a cross-section of the bruises noted before on the outer surface of the brain could be seen. These bruises went about 5 millimeters (about 0.2”) deep [essentially, not very deep].

[My question here (and this goes to the issue of the length of time between the head blow, the strangulation, and the actual TOD) is when did the good doctor do the tissue fixation, and how good were his medical practices? I won’t spend a great deal of time on it in this post, but this has been nagging at the back of my mind for a long time. Organs are preserved with a solution called formalin. Body tissue (including brain) will continue “rotting” until it is fixed (“fixed” in this sense of the word means stabilized). Formalin is a mixture of formaldehyde (which is actually a gas), water (which is what makes the formaldehyde a liquid, as we think of it), and methanol. The liquidized formulation of formaldehyde comes in different percentages of gas to liquid. Different percentages of the gas result in a different calculation of the desired ratio of methanol. There are conflicting opinions as to the different percentages of each that should be used. There are commercial mixtures available, but many pathologists still mix their own. If too much methanol is used, it can contribute to necrosis of the very tissue it is intended to preserve. If the least amount of artificially caused necrosis is present, it will throw off the estimation of TOD making it seem to be longer than it actually is between injury to the organ and actual death. So you can see that the proper fixation of brain tissue is critical to the estimation of the length of time between injury and actual death. Dr. Lucy was not present at the autopsy and has no knowledge of the precision used in the preservation of the brain sections. Her opinion is based on the assumption that it was all done correctly and efficiently. How much faith do you have in the ability of a small town coroner to take this all into consideration? There is also another factor that I don’t believe Dr. Lucy considered because her specialty is brain pathology -- but I’ll save that for another time.]
Examination of the base of the brain discloses no additional fractures.
[This would only be significant if there were fractures at the base. Much more force is required to cause basilar fractures, and therefore they are relatively rare -- accounting for less than 5% of severe head injuries. Also, basilar fractures have particular, specific signs: blood in the sinuses, a clear fluid called cerebrospinal fluid leaking from the nose or ears, “black-eyes” (often called raccoon eyes), and other less common symptoms.]

[Notice in this that most of the bleeding is from the breaking of veins and arteries and associated capillaries within the layers of the skull, and that they mostly follow along the linear fracture. This indicates to “Dr. otg” that the breaking and tearing of them was due to the damage done in the separation of the skull along the linear fracture -- not the moving of the brain within the skull from front to back or vice versa. (Illustration-3 shows the distribution of veins, but not the arteries.) As I stated before, I am not trained in the medical field, so I claim no expertise. If someone who does have the expertise will speak up and explain to me where there is any indication of contrecoup bruising indicated in this AR, I would sincerely welcome the information. As it is, and as I read it, there is none.]

Additional Notes:

The human adult skull bone has three layers (or tables) the outer layer is the hardest. It is thick and tough. The inner table is thinner, denser, and more brittle, and therefore is more likely to shatter or break. It is not terribly unusual that after a blow to the head, the inner table (also called the vitreous table) will sometimes break off without apparent or severe damage to the outer table. In the center, between these two layers is what is called the Diploe. But at six years, this diploic layer has not yet developed, and therefore, a child’s skull is much thinner than that of an adult.

Weight of the Human Brain:
The average normal mass of an adult male human brain is approximately 1300 to 1400 grams (2.87 to 3.1 pounds).
The average Male's brain weighs 1360 grams (3 pounds)
The average Female's brain weighs 1250 grams (2.8 pounds)
A newborn human brain is about 350 to 400 grams (0.77 to 0.88 pounds).
A human’s brain grows quickly in the first years and reaches its full size by around the age of six.

The brain weights of some well known people:
The brain of Albert Einstein weighed a mere 1230 grams (2.71 pounds)
The brain of the German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss weighed 1492 grams (3.29 pounds)
The brain of the leading poet of the Russian Revolution Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayakovsky weighed a whopping 1700 grams (3.75 pounds)

Dura mater means literally “tough mother” (think of dura as in durable -- meaning strong and tough). This layer is what cushions the inside of the skull bone from the other layers that protect the brain.
Pia mater means literally “soft mother”, because this layer of the brain is a soft, pliable membrane right next to the delicate tissue of the brain (cortex).
Arachnoid means “spider-like”, and is so-named because of the interwoven fibers within the arachnoid layer.

Translation in its entirety
(without the original, and without my additional comments)
:

The head:

After cutting her scalp down to the bone, from ear to ear, across the top of her head, and then pulling the two parts of her scalp down to expose her skull, there is found to be a large area of bleeding from the scalp along the top/right side of her skull which goes from the bone just above her right eye socket, going all the way back to the back part of her skull. This covers an area that measures about 7” long (front to back) by 4” wide (side to side).

Without taking into consideration any other evidence, and without benefit of having already examined the blood with a microscope, this looks like recent bleeding without any indication that it has begun the clotting process (coagulation).

At the upper portion of this area of bleeding is a crack in her skull which includes both a linear crack and a hole which has broken pieces of bone punched out which goes from the right side of the back of her skull, over the top, and forward to just above her right eye socket.

At the back of her skull, there is a somewhat rectangular hole of broken skull bone which is 1.75” long by 0.5” wide.

The bleeding and the fracture go back to just past the center of a line drawn down the middle of the occipital bone at the back of her head.

The entire length of the fracture is about 8.5”, from end to end.

After using a saw to cut off the top portion of her skull, there is a thin layer of bleeding which lies within the space between the outermost meningeal layer (the dura mater -- which adheres to the skull), and the arachnoid, which envelops the brain.

The amount of bleeding here would probably be about 7 to 8 cubic centimeters (7 cc = 1.4 teaspoons; 8 cc = 1.6 teaspoons. So 7 to 8 cc is the equivalent of about 1.5 teaspoons.) if it was collected and placed into a measuring device. This thin layer of blood is spread out over the entire right half of her brain and goes all the way down to the bottom of the right half of her brain.

The brain weighs 1450 grams (about 3 lbs. and 3oz.) and looks pretty normal in its shape.

Even though I (Meyer) just said there was no noticeable uneven swelling, there must be a small amount of swelling because of what is seen in the ridges and grooves of the surface of the brain.

I (Meyer) don’t see where this small amount of swelling is coming from.

In addition to the thin layer of subdural bleeding mentioned earlier, there is also another thin layer of blood in the area between the arachnoid and the pia mater (refer to Illustration-2, and Illustration-3) that covers all of the right half of the brain.

On the right half of the brain underneath the linear fracture is a large area of purple bruising of the outer portion of the brain. This bruising goes from above her eye socket to the back, along the right side of the top of her skull, all the way back to the back of her skull. This bruised area is 8” long by 1.75” wide (It coincides with the length and the location of the linear fracture.)

There is a very small area of bruising on the back of the brain

The blood veins and arteries of her brain show no signs of hardening.

With a carving knife, multiple sections of each of the two upper halves of the brain were cut, as well as sections of the two lower parts of the brain (as is the standard autopsy practice).

Once the sections were cut, a cross-section of the bruises noted before on the outer surface of the brain could be seen. These bruises went about 5 millimeters (about 0.2”) deep.

Examination of the base of the brain discloses no additional fractures.

Thanks otg, for all the work you have put into this. So.......I bet you can guess what question I am going to ask. Does all your research give you any indication as to what was used to bash JBR in the head?

I have no idea if this has heen said before but when i seen the hole in her scull and the shape of it to me it was a perfect match to a putter they call them 2 way putters now adays putters are bought for specific people a lefty or righty but back then there was a simple 2 way putter its basically same shaft as any other club but the head of the club is a rectangle i have a pic but don't know how to add it in here..and also there was a golf bag of clubs in the room she was found .If you wanna look at what i mean just look up a 2 way putter and u will see the shape of the head the part where u would hit the ball its a perfect rectangle and would fit perfectly in the hole in her skull..

I have no idea if this has heen said before but when i seen the hole in her scull and the shape of it to me it was a perfect match to a putter they call them 2 way putters now adays putters are bought for specific people a lefty or righty but back then there was a simple 2 way putter its basically same shaft as any other club but the head of the club is a rectangle i have a pic but don't know how to add it in here..and also there was a golf bag of clubs in the room she was found .If you wanna look at what i mean just look up a 2 way putter and u will see the shape of the head the part where u would hit the ball its a perfect rectangle and would fit perfectly in the hole in her skull..
But the hole is not rectangular. It was misdescibed by Meyer as rectangular.

go on acandy rose and take alook it is a perfect fit and is rectanguler ..theres a pic on the skull on that site u can see it perfectly thats where i got my idea from that pic alone.

In case anyone wants them, I looked up the specs for the 3cell MagLite. Length=12 and 11/32 inches or 313mm. Barrel diameter= 1 1/4inches or31.75mm. Head diameter= 2 1/4 inches or 57mm. Weight= 30.02 oz or 856g with batteries. I got this off their website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back