JonBenet's Skull Fractures: The Weapon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've always mean to ask and the latest transcription reminded me.

Why the heck are there so many instances of "inaudible" in the transcripts????

Sometimes it is inaudible. But other times it is clearly a deletion. Clearly. This is still an open case so not every detail will be released.

Just a little light reading,eh?? :lol:

I look forward to it!!!

And loved your math discussion at that other site!!! I always appreciate your research, and ypur dedication to to this case! :)

Just a little light reading,eh?? :lol:

I look forward to it!!!

And loved your math discussion at that other site!!! I always appreciate your research, and ypur dedication to to this case! :)

BBM

Not light bedtime reading at all! :cheerful: 

But what otg’s amazing research does, for me anyway, is allow the theory of the weapon to lead me on additional “thought paths.” For example, and I’m just speculating here, if an iron pipe were the weapon used to bludgeon JB in the boiler room, a scream might easily have been heard by the neighbors through the venting pipe. (This has been discussed on other threads.) Further, if JB were restrained by a cord, is it then possible that either the perp or someone else retrieved the nearest sharp instrument available, like the grapefruit knife upstairs in the kitchen, to cut the cord restraining her – a restraining cord which may not have killed her, but left a white mark on her neck? And if the person who bludgeoned her didn’t tell anyone what had occurred, someone else seeing this might simply assume she’d been strangled, the head injury not being visible?

As there are so many things we don’t know, this is simply some thinking triggered by evaluating the item used to strike JB and where this item may have been located. OK, now I feel like Tawny described once. OTG’s considerable studies of the weapon make me feel like I’ve been drawing with crayons on brown wrapping paper, to picture a scene.

Gotta :bow: to such thorough scientific review of this.

BBM

But what otg’s amazing research does, for me anyway, is allow the theory of the weapon to lead me on additional “thought paths.” For example, and I’m just speculating here, if an iron pipe were the weapon used to bludgeon JB in the boiler room, a scream might easily have been heard by the neighbors through the venting pipe. (This has been discussed on other threads.) Further, if JB were restrained by a cord, is it then possible that either the perp or someone else retrieved the nearest sharp instrument available, like the grapefruit knife upstairs in the kitchen, to cut the cord restraining her – a restraining cord which may not have killed her, but left a white mark on her neck? And if the person who bludgeoned her didn’t tell anyone what had occurred, someone else seeing this might simply assume she’d been strangled, the head injury not being visible?

As there are so many things we don’t know, this is simply some thinking triggered by evaluating the item used to strike JB and where this item may have been located. OK, now I feel like Tawny described once. OTG’s considerable studies of the weapon make me feel like I’ve been drawing with crayons on brown wrapping paper, to picture a scene.

Crayons indeed!!

There have been a number of posters over the years who have gone beyond simply posting on a forum, and their efforts!

I'll join you :bow:

This case makes much more sense from either an IDI or RDI perspective if you follow the theory that the head bash was accidental.

It makes the killer's actions fit in a logical pattern.

While I don’t have a theory which addresses all the evidence, the head injury stands out that someone struck her on purpose or at least in a reckless action (or some think flung her). Not that any of us know what was in the mind of the person who struck her (or flung her against something), it seems as though the initial injury of a head strike could be construed as having been carried out rashly, without “malice aforethought”. The initial action could have been a spur of the moment reaction though the action of injuring her was deliberate and reckless. But it is difficult, for me at least, to see the result, her death, as anything but unintended or accidental. mho

But then there is a confusing wild card from the GJ: In their Count VII it’s stated that the person indicted as an accessory after the fact knew that the person they were assisting had committed and was suspected of murder in the first and child abuse resulting in death.

This case makes much more sense from either an IDI or RDI perspective if you follow the theory that the head bash was accidental.

It makes the killer's actions fit in a logical pattern.
Logical? Ummm, no. Even if the evidence suggested the head blow was accidental &/or death was unintentional, the remainder of the story is absolutely illogical from either perspective.

While I don’t have a theory which addresses all the evidence, the head injury stands out that someone struck her on purpose or at least in a reckless action (or some think flung her). Not that any of us know what was in the mind of the person who struck her (or flung her against something), it seems as though the initial injury of a head strike could be construed as having been carried out rashly, without “malice aforethought”. The initial action could have been a spur of the moment reaction though the action of injuring her was deliberate and reckless. But it is difficult, for me at least, to see the result, her death, as anything but unintended or accidental. mho

But then there is a confusing wild card from the GJ: In their Count VII it’s stated that the person indicted as an accessory after the fact knew that the person they were assisting had committed and was suspected of murder in the first and child abuse resulting in death.

According to CO law, children under the age of ten are not capable of forming the intent required to fulfill a murder by definition. Therefore, BR was not who the GJ considered committed the first degree murder.

How could the GJ overlook Patsy's Essential's blazer fibers in the ligature knot at her child's neck or Patsy's fibers on the small piece of black tape and not conclude she pulled the cord that ended her daughter's life? Or that her blazer fibers are on her child's white blanket...okay she lives there...However, then Patsy told LE that she never wore the Essential's blazer to paint class nor ever wore it to the basement. So how did her sweater fibers float into the paint tote? That is not one critical place but it's 1, 2, 3, 4, key locations where Patsy's Essential blazer jacket fibers are intimately located at the Crime Scene.

If the strangulation killed JB before the skull fracture had a chance for the brain to produce further bleeding and swelling, then isn't it logical that Patsy pulled the ligature...tightly?

Why would she do this 'garroting' to JonBenét if anyone but her had not already forcefully crashed her skull?

Even if PR thought BR hit his sister, why would a loving parent of sane mind consider garroting their fatally injured child? Oh, Dear. My son accidentally crashed his sister's skull while they were playing an innocent game of Kitty and she became choked on the Kitty leash so now I must garrote her, plant nylon fibers in JBs bed and compose a RN. :dunno: Patsy did not describe the game of Kitty to include leashes only that JB and Daphne would crawl on all fours purring and pretending to go into pet shops. Sister Socks may have been part of their game.

Even if one considers the head bash unintentional and without malice, the final strangulation and sexual injuries were heinously performed 45 minutes later intentionally and with malice and much forethought.

One thought about JonBenét dying on the carpet in the hallway just outside of the WC concrete room. The AR stated there was no urine in JBs bladder. That does not occur at death where some urine is naturally expelled but the bladder never completely empties at death.

Unless a person is voiding intentionally or they are voiding due to something that filled them with such terror that they uncontrollably release their bladder of all urine. I propose that JBs fear from possibly the strangulation made the urine spot on the carpet and on her clothes, or else the acute sexual abuse which occurred from behind, immho, likely prompted the complete emptying of her bladder.

BBM

If you read the search warrant return it does list some kind of metal material taken from the crime scene, fyi.

Also, the swiss army knife found at the crime scene would cause the kind of fraying evidenced on the ligature ends. Just fyi

According to CO law, children under the age of ten are not capable of forming the intent required to fulfill a murder by definition. Therefore, BR was not who the GJ considered committed the first degree murder.

How could the GJ overlook Patsy's Essential's blazer fibers in the ligature knot at her child's neck or Patsy's fibers on the small piece of black tape and not conclude she pulled the cord that ended her daughter's life? Or that her blazer fibers are on her child's white blanket...okay she lives there...However, then Patsy told LE that she never wore the Essential's blazer to paint class nor ever wore it to the basement. So how did her sweater fibers float into the paint tote? That is not one critical place but it's 1, 2, 3, 4, key locations where Patsy's Essential blazer jacket fibers are intimately located at the Crime Scene.

If the strangulation killed JB before the skull fracture had a chance for the brain to produce further bleeding and swelling, then isn't it logical that Patsy pulled the ligature...tightly?

Why would she do this 'garroting' to JonBenét if anyone but her had not already forcefully crashed her skull?

Even if PR thought BR hit his sister, why would a loving parent of sane mind consider garroting their fatally injured child? Oh, Dear. My son accidentally crashed his sister's skull while they were playing an innocent game of Kitty and she became choked on the Kitty leash so now I must garrote her, plant nylon fibers in JBs bed and compose a RN. :dunno: Patsy did not describe the game of Kitty to include leashes only that JB and Daphne would crawl on all fours purring and pretending to go into pet shops. Sister Socks may have been part of their game.

Even if one considers the head bash unintentional and without malice, the final strangulation and sexual injuries were heinously performed 45 minutes later intentionally and with malice and much forethought.

One thought about JonBenét dying on the carpet in the hallway just outside of the WC concrete room. The AR stated there was no urine in JBs bladder. That does not occur at death where some urine is naturally expelled but the bladder never completely empties at death.

Unless a person is voiding intentionally or they are voiding due to something that filled them with such terror that they uncontrollably release their bladder of all urine. I propose that JBs fear from possibly the strangulation made the urine spot on the carpet and on her clothes, or else the acute sexual abuse which occurred from behind, immho, likely prompted the complete emptying of her bladder.

DeDee,
Its elementary dear Watson, to quote a famous author. Four Ramseys entered the house on Christmas night, only three remained alive the next day, with no concrete evidence of an intruder despite heroic efforts by Ramsey supporters to suggest otherwise, its obvious all three remaining Ramseys took part in the staging of the Murder of JonBenet.

This is not the only inference available, one can assume the GJ was aware that BR had some role to play, but that the parents played other separate roles, and that one of the parents murdered JonBenet!

Whacking someone on the head after they are visibly asphyxiated does seem somewhat counterproductive?

The voiding of JonBenet's bladder feeds into the debate as to when she was redressed via the size-12's, and longjohns, since from memory one was described as urine soaked, allowing the inference that the other was a later adornment?

Personally I reckon the best explantion for JonBenet's death is a sexual assault followed by a head blow to prevent her escaping her abusers control, the rest is staging by her parents, who accept the abuse as given, but try via various stategies to limit the explanations by introducing various factors, e.g. suitcase, Dr Suess book etc, broken window, touch dna on and on ...

If you are a legal eagle then you can propose BDI, and plant some evidence, to back up your claims whilst knowing full well it was one of the parents who were culpable.

BDI might simply be a legal smokesreen for parental abuse, followed with a sophisticated staging?

The best KISS solution is BR abusing JonBenet, followed by Wecht's assumption that JonBenet's vagus nerve was constricted, say to prevent her telling her parents vocally that she was being abused, leading to unconciousness.

Now even if she was alive in the latter scenario dialling 911 would subsequently reveal JonBenet had been abused, so for the Ramsey's it was no go!

The Decision was taken to murder JonBenet and blame some intruder.

The next step was to whack her on the head, visibly this appeared to fail, so the R's waited a while, then decided an asphyxation would supply the appropriate evidence that an intruder had killed JonBenet.

So in this enactment PR murders JonBenet by asphyxiating her and JR whacks her on the head, then realizing this portrayal has so many inconsistencies they supply additional evidence to corroborate their preferrred theory, which as time moves forward they play down so to suggest a pedophile intrider attacked JonBenet?

BBM

Food for thought: why was JBR's hair in separate ponytails when she was found dead? We know she didn't wear her hair that way when she went to the Whites party. Why would kidnappers or her mom for that matter re-do her hair when she was dead asleep other than to hide the obvious?

Food for thought: why was JBR's hair in separate ponytails when she was found dead? We know she didn't wear her hair that way when she went to the Whites party. Why would kidnappers or her mom for that matter re-do her hair when she was dead asleep other than to hide the obvious?

The ponytail hairdo has been discussed here for years. But here is a recap- as always- my theory only since I was not there.
Patsy told police she always pulled JB's long hair into a ponytail at the nape of her neck for bedtime.
JB also frequently wore her hair in a topknot ponytail with the rest of her hair down long past her shoulders. She can be seen in this hairstyle in a photo taken at the R's Christmas party on Dec 23. It is very likely that JB wore hair in the topknot ponytail to the White's- the coroner noted it was held by a blue elastic and a fabric hair-tie (known as a scrunchi) in colors that would have matched her outfit that day (black, red, white). Photos, which have not been released to the public, would show whether she wore that hairdo. Later that night, Patsy likely put her hair in the USUAL bedtime ponytail at the back of her neck without removing the topknot ponytail. This is something I can totally see a mother doing, especially on a sleepy/sleeping child.
We have to keep in mind that NOT EVERY DETAIL of the condition of JB's body/clothing has a connection to her death of the crime. I have never felt that JB's hairstyle had ANYTHING at all to do with her death or the crime. It was simply the result of the scenario I just mentioned. Her hair was fixed like that ready for bed, whether or not she ever made it to bed that night. Most people would find the odd placement of the ponytails unusual or suspicious, and this is especially true of someone who has never had a little girl with long hair. Men, like the coroner or police, would see this hairstyle as unusual. But I do not- having had a daughter with very long hair and having made "odd" braids of ponytails on a sleeping little girl myself to keep her long hair from tangling while she slept.
IMO, no intruder, kidnapper, parent or anyone else styled those ponytails after her death nor do they have any nefarious or suspicious meaning. It was simply her bedtime hairstyle that night. It was not meant to hide anything, showcase the garrote, or anything else as far as the crime. IMO.

The ponytail hairdo has been discussed here for years. But here is a recap- as always- my theory only since I was not there.
Patsy told police she always pulled JB's long hair into a ponytail at the nape of her neck for bedtime.
JB also frequently wore her hair in a topknot ponytail with the rest of her hair down long past her shoulders. She can be seen in this hairstyle in a photo taken at the R's Christmas party on Dec 23. It is very likely that JB wore hair in the topknot ponytail to the White's- the coroner noted it was held by a blue elastic and a fabric hair-tie (known as a scrunchi) in colors that would have matched her outfit that day (black, red, white). Photos, which have not been released to the public, would show whether she wore that hairdo. Later that night, Patsy likely put her hair in the USUAL bedtime ponytail at the back of her neck without removing the topknot ponytail. This is something I can totally see a mother doing, especially on a sleepy/sleeping child.
We have to keep in mind that NOT EVERY DETAIL of the condition of JB's body/clothing has a connection to her death of the crime. I have never felt that JB's hairstyle had ANYTHING at all to do with her death or the crime. It was simply the result of the scenario I just mentioned. Her hair was fixed like that ready for bed, whether or not she ever made it to bed that night. Most people would find the odd placement of the ponytails unusual or suspicious, and this is especially true of someone who has never had a little girl with long hair. Men, like the coroner or police, would see this hairstyle as unusual. But I do not- having had a daughter with very long hair and having made "odd" braids of ponytails on a sleeping little girl myself to keep her long hair from tangling while she slept.
IMO, no intruder, kidnapper, parent or anyone else styled those ponytails after her death nor do they have any nefarious or suspicious meaning. It was simply her bedtime hairstyle that night. It was not meant to hide anything, showcase the garrote, or anything else as far as the crime. IMO.

DeeDee249,
BBM. Yet the R's assert JonBenet went straight to bed, no time for ponyyails etc?

The detail regarding JonBenet's ponytails can inform us to whether she was made ready for bed, or simply snacked pineapple then was killed?

The ponytails inform me that JonBenet snacked pineapple then moved to her bedroom where her ponytails were fashioned, then later someone came into her bedroom to sexually assault her.

The pineapple snack, the ponytails present as features in the Ramsey domestic calendar, so much so, the pineapple snack was never revisited or cleaned up.

So if you lean towards PDI then you can use the ponytails to implicate Patsy, else if you favor BDI you can assume bedtime sharing between BR and JonBenet was not unknown?

DeDee,
Its elementary dear Watson, to quote a famous author. Four Ramseys entered the house on Christmas night, only three remained alive the next day, with no concrete evidence of an intruder despite heroic efforts by Ramsey supporters to suggest otherwise, its obvious all three remaining Ramseys took part in the staging of the Murder of JonBenet.

its obvious all three remaining Ramseys took part in the staging of the Murder of JonBenet

We must be careful in what part of the CS we refer to as "staged". Will you be so kind as to expound upon this statement and, in particular, how it is obvious BR was in on "staging"?

This is not the only inference available, one can assume the GJ was aware that BR had some role to play, but that the parents played other separate roles, and that one of the parents murdered JonBenet!

Second guessing the GJ is not something I feel comfortable doing but was curious how they managed to overlook; that is, to reconcile, Patsy's incriminating fiber evidence associated with the ligature/garroting/asphyxiation.

BR testified to the GJ. Interestingly, so did BRs teacher. I think she informed them that BR was a quiet child who had difficulty with hand/eye coordination and could not have possible written the RN. Stuff like that...

Many sleuths hold the belief that LHP finding JB w/ BR under the covers was bc they were playing doctor. Perhaps they were looking at the nude pictures in the Dr Seuss adult book.

Whacking someone on the head after they are visibly asphyxiated does seem somewhat counterproductive?

The only time JonBenét was ever able to signal that she was alive and struggling are by the abrasions on her shoulder and back of her leg. [The neighbor who heard the scream would never be called into trial as a witness.] Her body does not show a physical resistance to the strangulation or to the vaginal injuries or to the head bash or any of her other numerous injuries. Lou Smit said she had herr own DNA in her fingernails and clawed at her throat as she was being strangled but no other official said those red half-moon marks were from her fingernails and they look too high up to be near the nylon cord's placement, to me.

The voiding of JonBenet's bladder feeds into the debate as to when she was redressed via the size-12's, and longjohns, since from memory one was described as urine soaked, allowing the inference that the other was a later adornment?

I'm gonna throw a curve ball. I think Patsy misled everyone on the clothing she dressed JB in that night. I think she selected the pink pj bottoms that go to the pink top that JB wore during Christmas morning pictures. JB kept her pjs under her bed pillow. Sometime during the melee, the bathroom drawers where JBs longjohns were kept was opened and not closed. The pink bottoms have never surfaced, iirc.

Personally I reckon the best explantion for JonBenet's death is a sexual assault followed by a head blow to prevent her escaping her abusers control, the rest is staging by her parents, who accept the abuse as given, but try via various stategies to limit the explanations by introducing various factors, e.g. suitcase, Dr Suess book etc, broken window, touch dna on and on ...

There are others who share your viewpoint. I am not one of them since, ATT, I hold Patsy Ramsey responsible for everything in the basement, on the kitchen table, on the stairs, in JBs bedroom and bathroom and in JARs bedroom. JR suspected Patsy prior to finding his daughter's body. I think he later protected his wife bc he knew she was ill but did not realize how serious she was until it was too late.

If you are a legal eagle then you can propose BDI, and plant some evidence, to back up your claims whilst knowing full well it was one of the parents who were culpable.

I am unaware of legal eagles planting illegal evidence against 9yo Burke. Casting suspicions away from the two parents turned out not so bad for the Ramsey defense strategy but oh, so hurtful to Burke. I think Patsy helped that myth along by tossing his red Swiss Army knife into the WC.

BDI might simply be a legal smokesreen for parental abuse, followed with a sophisticated staging?

Yes, to the smokescreen of hiding behind BR and suing on his behalf. Again, it depends on what one considers as staging. Everything at that CS was intentional. Everything. It was planned in advance for Little Miss Christmas to die on Christmas Day. Placing JB on a white blanket in that moldy cement room and placing a RN on the stairs is all the "staging" I see. The rest of it, the open Bible, the page in the dictionary pointing to the word "incest" were all things done by Patsy as she left her funny little clever clues.

The best KISS solution is BR abusing JonBenet, followed by Wecht's assumption that JonBenet's vagus nerve was constricted, say to prevent her telling her parents vocally that she was being abused, leading to unconciousness.

The scarf shown in the mystery picture taken on John's camera before the children on Christmas morning shows it being near the writing pads. JB could have been partially strangled until unconsciousness with the silk scarf that also created the red quarter-size abrasion on her neck. The point is she did not resist the sexual encounter. Why not?

Now even if she was alive in the latter scenario dialling 911 would subsequently reveal JonBenet had been abused, so for the Ramsey's it was no go!

It was always going to be revealed in autopsy that JB had been abused no matter what time 911 was dialed. The coroner looked closely. He found a splinter that likely came from the broken paintbrush and birefringent material that likely came from talcum powder on the latex gloves that were stored in JARs bathroom where the drawer is shown pulled out.

The Decision was taken to murder JonBenet and blame some intruder.

Yes, indeed. We just disagree on when the decision was made and who made it.

The next step was to whack her on the head, visibly this appeared to fail, so the R's waited a while, then decided an asphyxation would supply the appropriate evidence that an intruder had killed JonBenet.

So in this enactment PR murders JonBenet by asphyxiating her and JR whacks her on the head, then realizing this portrayal has so many inconsistencies they supply additional evidence to corroborate their preferrred theory, which as time moves forward they play down so to suggest a pedophile intrider attacked JonBenet?

What exactly do you opine being the first step, or preceding step, if the next step was to whack her on the head by JR, wait, then asphyxiation by Patsy with supplies that were handy?

Personality disordered people asphyxiate their children and whack them on their heads causing their skull to fracture over 8".

It has been written that both of the R children may have been sexually abused due to their enuresis and encopresis. Who was suspected of abusing BR? Was JR was doing that? I think it was Patsy who molested both of her children. However, she did not think about it the same as you and I.

Patsy saw nothing wrong with exploring nor in exploiting her children. Patsy bleached her 5yo daughter's hair platinum blonde. The Paugh's spoke about the size of BRs. Really? He was only 9yo. Patsy wanted JB to be a sexy witch for Halloween. What did JonBenét think a sexy witch did at Halloween? JBs dance instructor did not teach JB those moves she made on stage with shaking her hips, et al. She learned that at her mother's feet.

Forcing her daughter, to sleep on a mattress covered in plastic with only a thin sheet over it, knowing JB would likely wet that bed during the night and remain wet until morning is abusive. JB could go into her bathroom and change her panties and bottoms that were kept in there, but the bed sheet would still be wet. It was nine degrees in Boulder that night. I can't imagine my child laying on wet sheets in wet clothes.

Why not allow her child the comfort of wearing a dry pull up to bed so she could enjoy a good night's sleep? Patsy did not want JB sleeping on any of their other beds because they did not have plastic sheeting under the bed linens. That's why JB likely did not sleep in BRs room on Christmas Eve unless she allowed JB to wear a pull up that night.

It was nine degrees in Boulder what night? The night of the murder?

I'm asking because the discussion of the temperature occurred before and I thought it was determined it was in the 30s. I can't recall exactly.

Hiya, Tawny. I am not sure what the air temperature was when the victim died. I guess it could have been thirty degrees at 1am. and dropped twenty degrees in five hours down to 9 or 10 degrees by 6am.

"The temperature that morning was 9 degrees. A light dusting of snow had fallen and frost had formed during the night and it lay on top of an earlier crusty snow in spotty patches on the grass outside the house. One of the early Boulder police officers at the scene noted that when he walked on the driveway and sidewalks, his steps left no visible footprints."

http://crimeshots.com/JBMorning.html

"Sgt Reichenbach states in his report that he had arrived at the Ramsey home at approximately 0600 hours on December 26 and that he had examined the exterior of the Ramsey home as well as the yard. Sgt Reichenbach noted that the air temperature was approximately 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Sgt Reichenbach noted in his report that there was a very light dusting of snow and frost on the exposed grass in the yard outside the Ramsey home...."

~ from The Smoking Gun

It was nine degrees in Boulder what night? The night of the murder?

Pretty cold night to plan your break in/murder. . Hope the intruder brought a jacket. Or would that impede his entry via that broken window?

Thanks DeDee. I can't remember where it was stated what the temperature was, so I could be mistaken.

Interesting thought. Wasn't there hair ties found on JB's bed the next morning? And why was there green Christmas garland consistent with the spiral staircase garland caught up in her hair as well. Was this part of the nightly ritual and not a part of the crime?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr J
Back