Jose Baez Both Homes in Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Playing the devil's advocate a bit here. IF a WS sleuther came across foreclosure information on one of the 'good guys' in the case, would we be discussing it as avidly as we are discussing JB's proceedings? Define 'good guys' however you want, anyone we think is on the 'right side' in this case - even throw in reporters, lawyers who comment about the case, etc. etc. Would foreclosure proceedings involving these people be as thread worthy as JB and the Anthonys are?

Just asking.

IMO, probably not at all.

All I can think of is perhaps a WS member might also be in a situation where they are also in foreclosure due to increased interest rates and monthly payments increasing and not having the ability to pay their mortgage.

Maybe there is a WS member that may have just lost their job and on the brink of a foreclosure. Perhaps there is a WS member that didn't have a perfect credit history but still was able to get a mortgage at the time houses were selling like crazy and were able to jump on the American dream.

I tried to take away that Baez in Casey's attorney and the fact that many do not like him for a variety of reasons. For me, I don't have an opinion of him as Casey's attorney one way or another. I just see another individual that has a home they may have been so excited to purchase only to eventually lose it.

BBM - A good lawyer would know that he was in over his head and should have stepped aside. I believe the "fame" clouded his judgment.

snipped from http://www.wesh.com/news/24425702/detail.html

At the time the state chose to see the death penalty against Anthony, Deen said Baez should have asked himself whether he was qualified to remain on the case and whether he could afford it.

"You don't talk about the business end of it, but that's part of it. That's a huge part of it," Deen said.

Well then, if Baez steps aside because the firm has no money, there would be another thread and the discussion will probably be about "he wasn't qualified and chickened out".

Playing the devil's advocate a bit here. IF a WS sleuther came across foreclosure information on one of the 'good guys' in the case, would we be discussing it as avidly as we are discussing JB's proceedings? Define 'good guys' however you want, anyone we think is on the 'right side' in this case - even throw in reporters, lawyers who comment about the case, etc. etc. Would foreclosure proceedings involving these people be as thread worthy as JB and the Anthonys are?

Just asking.

But doesn't it speak volumes that you don't hear about the good guys' homes being foreclosed on? They're not the ones living beyond their means, seeking special treatment, or seeking out media attention.

But doesn't it speak volumes that you don't hear about the good guys' homes being foreclosed on? They're not the ones living beyond their means, seeking special treatment, or seeking out media attention.

Who are the "good guys"?

IMO, probably not at all.

All I can think of is perhaps a WS member might also be in a situation where they are also in foreclosure due to increased interest rates and monthly payments increasing and not having the ability to pay their mortgage.

Maybe there is a WS member that may have just lost their job and on the brink of a foreclosure. Perhaps there is a WS member that didn't have a perfect credit history but still was able to get a mortgage at the time houses were selling like crazy and were able to jump on the American dream.

I tried to take away that Baez in Casey's attorney and the fact that many do not like him for a variety of reasons. For me, I don't have an opinion of him as Casey's attorney one way or another. I just see another individual that has a home they may have been so excited to purchase only to eventually lose it.

Are you serious? :eek: :innocent: :couch: sorry for OT.

Well then, if Baez steps aside because the firm has no money, there would be another thread and the discussion will probably be about "he wasn't qualified and chickened out".

Personally I feel there should be a thread about all of the questionable practices of the Lead Defense Attorney. There is quite a long list.

As I have stated before, all I want is justice for Caylee Marie Anthony and I see JB directly responsible for the delay.

With a high interest rate of 8.9% and it's an adjustable rate mortgage. The document can be found at Osceola County Recorder website, here is the link:

http://198.140.240.30/or_web1/

There ya go, pretty much proves my point that they had an adjustable rate mortgage that was increasing with the prime rate rising.

Either way, the Baez's still managed to get a mortgage.

There ya go, pretty much proves my point that they had an adjustable rate mortgage that was increasing with the prime rate rising.

Either way, the Baez's still managed to get a mortgage.

Actually my point was that he was a VERY HIGH interest rate! He was a credit risk.

Looks like besides the adjustable rate, they also had a balloon rider and a prepay rider in the mortgage paperwork. OUCH!

pardon as I have not read thru this thread . . .
just noticed this posted in the daily info (thanks to Nums24) Pardon me while I pick my jaw off the floor . . . . . is he really that bad at financial management? Whoa . . . . and a trip to Paris to boot on 6/21/10. (you go Kathi B!!!) and further thanx to the poster who advised they sent an email to KB for an update on this. WS'rs absolutely rock!!!

"Casey Anthony: WESH explains why Jose Baez is here to stay

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...e-to-stay.html

<snipped>

Deen explained: &#8220;If you start out with a private lawyer and you pay that lawyer, and then you go to the court and ask that the state pay your costs, if that lawyer now tries to withdraw, it&#8217;s not permitted by statute anymore that the person would get a state-appointed lawyer.&#8221;

She highlighted that his monthly mortgage payment is $4,500, but he hadn&#8217;t paid it since August 2009.

&#8220;But that didn&#8217;t stop him skipping his client Casey Anthony&#8217;s hearing on June 21 because of his vacation in Paris,&#8221; Belich added."

All I can say is wow!

The problem is court records show he hasn't made a payment for about one year, since August 2009. But that didn't stop him from skipping his client Casey Anthony's hearing on June 21 because of his vacation in Paris, according to his co-counsel.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24437188/detail.html

"Defense attorney Jose Baez borrowed $603,000 three years ago, to buy the $670,000 house. The home has a screened-in pool and a fireplace. His monthly mortgage payment is $4,500.The problem is court records show he hasn't made a payment for about one year, since August 2009. But that didn't stop him from skipping his client Casey Anthony's hearing on June 21 because of his vacation in Paris, according to his co-counsel." <snipped>

Not paying bills seems to be a pattern of behavior for JB.

Baez also had to be sued and have judgments filed against him in court before making payment for medical bills and court reporting service. I have attached the 2 cases.

Attachments

• jb claim medical.pdf
    77.4 KB · Views: 48
  • baez small claims.pdf
    61.8 KB · Views: 33
"Defense attorney Jose Baez borrowed $603,000 three years ago, to buy the $670,000 house. The home has a screened-in pool and a fireplace. His monthly mortgage payment is $4,500.The problem is court records show he hasn't made a payment for about one year, since August 2009. But that didn't stop him from skipping his client Casey Anthony's hearing on June 21 because of his vacation in Paris, according to his co-counsel." <snipped>

Oh My! Let's all skip out on our house payments for a year and jet off to Paris! Jeez! Who does this guy think he is? He has his priorities all wrong! What is WRONG with him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelly young
Back