Jose Baez Both Homes in Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully disagree. His financial problems do relate to this and any other case. A higher standard of financial responsibility is a requirement of admittance to the bar. He was delayed eight (8) years for personal financial problems/mismanagement. And obviously the trend continues.

What is disqualifying conduct?
Pursuant to rule 3-11 a record manifesting a lack of honesty, trustworthiness, diligence, or reliability may constitute a basis for denial of admission. Any of the following may be considered by the board to be a basis for further inquiry before recommending admission:

* Unlawful conduct
* Academic misconduct
* Making or procuring any false or misleading statement or omission of relevant information, including any false or misleading statement or omission on the Bar Application, or any amendment, or in any testimony or sworn statement submitted to the board
* Misconduct in employment
* Acts involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation
* Abuse of legal process
* Financial irresponsibility
* Neglect of professional obligations
* Violation of an order of a court
* Evidence of mental or emotional instability
* Evidence of drug or alcohol dependency
* Denial of admission to the bar in another jurisdiction on character and fitness grounds
* Disciplinary action by a lawyer disciplinary agency or other professional disciplinary agency of any jurisdiction
* Any other conduct which reflects adversely upon the character and fitness of the applicant

Is there something in any of the bar's statues with regards to a practicing attorney that doesn't pay his bills to be disqualified after he is already admitted to the bar?

Yes CZ, the point is that it had to become a civil matter in court first.

Exactly nums!!! and what exactly caught my eye was the date of the satisfaction record in the court file.

I didn't see the actual suit filed by the Dr. But it doesn't make any difference being as JB was found GUILTY.

Is there something in any of the bar's statues with regards to a practicing attorney that doesn't pay his bills to be disqualified after he is already admitted to the bar?

I'm working on that. I've seen attorneys in FL have been disbarred for failure to file and pay taxes, but there are hundreds of decisions to read through.

I'm curious if the bar is looking this, because of his past indiscretions. He was admitted after proving he was rehabilitated, but it's unclear if current indiscretions can have him sanctioned.

It was interesting for me to see one of Nums24 latest posts on today news, that Florida has passed an amendment saying if a client pays an attorney a fee to represent them and then goes to court to be declared indigent, the lawyer cannot withdraw from the case for financial reasons.
I guess we know why Baez is still hanging around. Never mind he will make LDB and JA's job of presenting the clear and damning evidence all that easier.

Well, seeing as how the new law is only oh.....29 days old....guess it's possible Baez wasn't even aware of it...

Now he IS stuck with KC....

Well that makes me wonder if he stopped paying his property taxes as well!

Property tax is paid on the office and foreclosed home, but remain unpaid at the Woodstream rental home as of today the amount owed is $2369.04.

Well, seeing as how the new law is only oh.....29 days old....guess it's possible Baez wasn't even aware of it...

Probably not, it probably wasn't on the reading list for the Paris trip.

Yes CZ, the point is that it had to become a civil matter in court first.

JB was sued by the Dr in the Pinellas Co court case 08-12484-CO-54. I did notice that the Dr sued both JB and the JB law firm.

Interesting...

The M.D. who sued for $10,000+ is a consulting pathologist in St. Petersburg, Fl. and was not paid until this April.

Was JB holding out for taxpayer money, or since he has since found a better "dream team" pathologist did he not want to pay?

With this new law declaring that JB will be unable to resign because he had accepted money before ICA was declared indigent, would the State Bar be unable to discipline JB for his financial mess or any other misdeeds until after the trial, whenever that will be, because their ruling could disbar him and he would therefore be unable to represent ICA?

Does that make sense?

Couldn't JB have asked for his fees incurred to be paid by the JAC? I remember he specifically did not include lawyers fees, but ultimately he could have right?

Interesting...

The M.D. who sued for $10,000+ is a consulting pathologist in St. Petersburg, Fl. and was not paid until this April.

Was JB holding out for taxpayer money, or since he has since found a better "dream team" pathologist did he not want to pay?

Guess the good doctor didn't give JB the results he wanted.:waitasec:
http://www.edwilleymd.com/
PERSONNEL:
Pathologist experienced at forensic medical case evaluation provides medical investigation of civil and criminal cases with paramedical administrative, nursing, librarian, photographic, artistic and clerical support functions.

SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
Analysis of cause of injury or death, without prejudgment of issues, including homicide, accident, suicide, sexual crimes, child abuse, chemical impairment or dependency, occupational, transportation, chemical, thermal and physical injuries, and medical misadventures.

Investigation identifies issues with associated consultation, computerized on-line search and collection of textual and periodical literature, identification of experts, compilation of information with summary of medical records, formulation of opinions and preparation of reports and affidavits as required.

APPEARANCES:
Testimony is available, without prejudgment of issues, by deposition or at hearing, arbitration or trial. Unless otherwise agreed, availability is limited to Florida with preference for one day travel by automobile in vicinity of Tampa Bay or by same day commercial round trip flights from Tampa International Airport.

In the above link posted, that particular attorney didn't report his income or pay his taxes to the government.

Charles Behm, a Florida attorney who from the moment he became an attorney refused to report his income to the Federal government and presumably all other authorities under the novel theory that his services were "human capital" which he exchanged for payment that he claimed did not constitute "income."

But doesn't it speak volumes that you don't hear about the good guys' homes being foreclosed on? They're not the ones living beyond their means, seeking special treatment, or seeking out media attention.
Thank you!

that we know of, Mr. Hornsby, that we know of. Again, unless and until JB's financial problems interfere with his ability to defend KC, then I agree that JB's personal business is simply that - his personal business.
BBM

Mac, I rarely disagree with you, but this time I gotta step to the other side. I think the fact that Baez has taken expensive European vacations and, on the whole, been so fiscally irresponsible does matter. When he first sought admittance to the bar it was denied because he was far behind on child support of all things! It doesn't get more egregious than that, in my opinion. An attorney is entrusted to make sound, honest, responsible decisions as they are entrusted with their client's funds and to spend them responsibly. Todd Macaluso is in a heap of a big mess because he misappropriated client funds.

I am gonna throw a few names of who I consider the "good guys" out here - Linda Drane-Burdick, Jeff Ashton, Frank George, Yuri Melich. I have no idea if any of them live above their means, but I have never once seen them 'seek special treatment' or court the media for attention. Not once. Not a single interview.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase
Back