Jose Baez Both Homes in Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok this is the only thing I've been able to find in relation to personal finances of an attorney, so far....

From: http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/JN/JNNews01.nsf/Articles/7B70753EB05DDAB6852576E00047D3A7

The Hotline has also received a lot of recent calls from lawyers facing the prospect of personal bankruptcy and worried that it might affect their ability to continue practicing. The Bar rarely gets involved with lawyers filing personal bankruptcy unless there are other reasons to do so. The only rule pertaining to bankruptcy is 5-1.2(e)(3), which provides the Bar with grounds to audit a lawyer’s trust account upon the filing of the bankruptcy petition. The attorney is not required to provide the Bar with notice of the filing nor is the Bar required to actually audit the trust account. The Bar will, however, investigate a lawyer if conduct involving dishonesty, deceit, or misrepresentation in the filing is alleged.

Here is 5-1.2 (e) (3): http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV/E1831C523E86C08F85256BC000696D44

(3) filing of a petition for creditor relief on behalf of an attorney;

Guess the good doctor didn't give JB the results he wanted.:waitasec:
http://www.edwilleymd.com/
PERSONNEL:
Pathologist experienced at forensic medical case evaluation provides medical investigation of civil and criminal cases with paramedical administrative, nursing, librarian, photographic, artistic and clerical support functions.

SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
Analysis of cause of injury or death, without prejudgment of issues, including homicide, accident, suicide, sexual crimes, child abuse, chemical impairment or dependency, occupational, transportation, chemical, thermal and physical injuries, and medical misadventures.

Investigation identifies issues with associated consultation, computerized on-line search and collection of textual and periodical literature, identification of experts, compilation of information with summary of medical records, formulation of opinions and preparation of reports and affidavits as required.

APPEARANCES:
Testimony is available, without prejudgment of issues, by deposition or at hearing, arbitration or trial. Unless otherwise agreed, availability is limited to Florida with preference for one day travel by automobile in vicinity of Tampa Bay or by same day commercial round trip flights from Tampa International Airport.

Well, isn't that interesting. And we know he had close to $300K so he could have paid that invoice. If he had issue with the amount, he could have disputed it.

Well, isn't that interesting. And we know he had close to $300K so he could have paid that invoice. If he had issue with the amount, he could have disputed it.

Bet JB hated parting with that 10K-but that was KC's money not his wasn't it?:waitasec: I wish there was some way to see DR. Willey's report!!

Ok this is the only thing I've been able to find in relation to personal finances of an attorney, so far....

From: http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/JN/JNNews01.nsf/Articles/7B70753EB05DDAB6852576E00047D3A7

The Hotline has also received a lot of recent calls from lawyers facing the prospect of personal bankruptcy and worried that it might affect their ability to continue practicing. The Bar rarely gets involved with lawyers filing personal bankruptcy unless there are other reasons to do so. The only rule pertaining to bankruptcy is 5-1.2(e)(3), which provides the Bar with grounds to audit a lawyer’s trust account upon the filing of the bankruptcy petition. The attorney is not required to provide the Bar with notice of the filing nor is the Bar required to actually audit the trust account. The Bar will, however, investigate a lawyer if conduct involving dishonesty, deceit, or misrepresentation in the filing is alleged.

Here is 5-1.2 (e) (3): http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV/E1831C523E86C08F85256BC000696D44

(3) filing of a petition for creditor relief on behalf of an attorney;

Good job in your search for information. :)

The "filing of a petition for creditor relief on behalf of an attorney", isn't that in relation to client's trust accounts,; or am I reading that wrong?

Bet JB hated parting with that 10K-but that was KC's money not his wasn't it?:waitasec: I wish there was some way to see DR. Willey's report!!

That money that was supposed to help pay for the expenses incurred in defending her. If I understood it correctly, I thought this was a pathologist (potential expert witness). If I'm correct in my assumption, then yes, any work he was hired to perform in analyzing and offering an opinon in re. KC's defense would have qualified as a legitimate expense.

BBM
:eek: So much for all the Defense Attorneys out there. I wonder if Richard Hornsby ever defended a person who murdered a child?

I believe everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense. What makes me ill is knowing that this defense came from the sale of pictures of Caylee before anyone really knew she was no longer with us and before she was charged for murder and that this is was all arranged by JB and associates.

Good job in your search for information. :)

The "filing of a petition for creditor relief on behalf of an attorney", isn't that in relation to client's trust accounts,; or am I reading that wrong?

You are reading that right. IMO, the language is ambiguous and may give the bar the authority to investigate the lawyer.

The Bar will, however, investigate a lawyer if conduct involving dishonesty, deceit, or misrepresentation in the filing is alleged.

I believe everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense. What makes me ill is knowing that this defense came from the sale of pictures of Caylee before anyone really knew she was no longer with us and before she was charged for murder and that this is was all arranged by JB and associates.

I am not thrilled with anyone that sold pictures of Caylee to make money off of Caylee. This includes mothers, grandparents, uncles, authors, TV stations and even a snake near the site of where Caylee was found.

With this new law declaring that JB will be unable to resign because he had accepted money before ICA was declared indigent, would the State Bar be unable to discipline JB for his financial mess or any other misdeeds until after the trial, whenever that will be, because their ruling could disbar him and he would therefore be unable to represent ICA?

Does that make sense?

The bar would always have the right to discipline an attorney. I would hope they would make him pay the money back too.

Is there something in any of the bar's statues with regards to a practicing attorney that doesn't pay his bills to be disqualified after he is already admitted to the bar?

I haven't read the applicable FL statutes (and frankly not feeling too well, so not up to sleuthing it tonight), but I can tell you that the things that will get you in to real hot water are failure to pay taxes, child support and federally funded student loans. Those will get you in big trouble. And, obviously, co-mingling funds between expense and client trust accounts.

I don't think a foreclosure will have any huge effect on Baez's standing with the FL Bar, especially considering the current economy and real estate climate in FL.

Frankly, I agree with your earlier argument in re. upside-down in his mortgage loan and owes double what his house is now worth. I, too, would have to think long and hard about foreclosure, if I were in that position. (Although I never would have been because ARM loans have always scared the bejezzus out of me. I prefer a fixed-rate.) I think that for most of us upset about this, it is the history of his fiscal irresponsibility. I'm still aghast that he would even apply for admittance to the FL Bar when he was far behind in child support! I can't imagine what he expected them to say. duh Then he profits off the sale of Caylee's photos and blows through over $300K and now the taxpayers of FL are picking up the tab. It's just old...old old old.

I haven't read the applicable FL statutes (and frankly not feeling too well, so not up to sleuthing it tonight), but I can tell you that the things that will get you in to real hot water are failure to pay taxes, child support and federally funded student loans. Those will get you in big trouble. And, obviously, co-mingling funds between expense and client trust accounts.

I don't think a foreclosure will have any huge effect on Baez's standing with the FL Bar, especially considering the current economy and real estate climate in FL.

Frankly, I agree with your earlier argument in re. upside-down in his mortgage loan and owes double what his house is now worth. I, too, would have to think long and hard about foreclosure, if I were in that position. (Although I never would have been because ARM loans have always scared the bejezzus out of me. I prefer a fixed-rate.) I think that for most of us upset about this, it is the history of his fiscal irresponsibility. I'm still aghast that he would even apply for admittance to the FL Bar when he was far behind in child support! I can't imagine what he expected them to say. duh Then he profits off the sale of Caylee's photos and blows through over $300K and now the taxpayers of FL are picking up the tab. It's just old...old old old.

Thank you and I do hope you start feeling better. :rose:

BBM

Mac, I rarely disagree with you, but this time I gotta step to the other side. I think the fact that Baez has taken expensive European vacations and, on the whole, been so fiscally irresponsible does matter. When he first sought admittance to the bar it was denied because he was far behind on child support of all things! It doesn't get more egregious than that, in my opinion. An attorney is entrusted to make sound, honest, responsible decisions as they are entrusted with their client's funds and to spend them responsibly. Todd Macaluso is in a heap of a big mess because he misappropriated client funds.

I am gonna throw a few names of who I consider the "good guys" out here - Linda Drane-Burdick, Jeff Ashton, Frank George, Yuri Melich. I have no idea if any of them live above their means, but I have never once seen them 'seek special treatment' or court the media for attention. Not once. Not a single interview.

Beach: I don't mind at all that you disagree with me. Think how I feel that I am kinda, sorta, agreeing with JB on this one! :sick: I understand what a lot of people here are saying, and I agree that JB seems to be fiscally challenged, so to speak. The man is a complete.....................(fill in the blanks, I don't want to get banned or sent to time out) and a disgrace to the legal profession, in my opinion. I am just not completely comfortable with laying all his personal problems out there, so to speak.

The good guys? I agree wholeheartedly with you that the prosecution and men and women of law enforcement are all a class act and know what the true meaning of justice for Caylee is.

Beach: I don't mind at all that you disagree with me. Think how I feel that I am kinda, sorta, agreeing with JB on this one! :sick: I understand what a lot of people here are saying, and I agree that JB seems to be fiscally challenged, so to speak. The man is a complete.....................(fill in the blanks, I don't want to get banned or sent to time out) and a disgrace to the legal profession, in my opinion. I am just not completely comfortable with laying all his personal problems out there, so to speak.

The good guys? I agree wholeheartedly with you that the prosecution and men and women of law enforcement are all a class act and know what the true meaning of justice for Caylee is.

BBM

I totally agree with you in re. the bold, Mac. It makes me feel squeamish, too. Doesn't matter what kind of doofus I think he is, I don't relish watching anyone lose their home.

I dunno. Before tonight I really haven't chimed in on this for that very reason. However, I do think he has put himself 'out there' so to speak, by taking a European vacation while he hasn't made a mortgage payment in a year. I guess it is just another example of JB being his own worst enemy, iykwim.

BBM

I totally agree with you in re. the bold, Mac. It makes me feel squeamish, too. Doesn't matter what kind of doofus I think he is, I don't relish watching anyone lose their home.

I dunno. Before tonight I really haven't chimed in on this for that very reason. However, I do think he has put himself 'out there' so to speak, by taking a European vacation while he hasn't made a mortgage payment in a year. I guess it is just another example of JB being his own worst enemy, iykwim.

I go back back and forth on the issue. I just see what he has done to Jesse G, Roy K and everyone else that I can't think of at the moment and the anger overrides the squeamishness.

ETA: Besides he has two homes!

I hope you feel better soon Beach :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase