SC SC - Jessica Rapsys, 27, traveling to visit family, car found w/ keys, shoes & phone inside, Allendale, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How does it happen? Or more to the point, how can we avoid it from happening?
A lot of the drivers are under the influence or elderly. And most of the locations are where there is at least one road running immediately parallel to the tracks - but more commonly where there is a road running immediately parallel to BOTH sides of the tracks. A driver may be under the influence, elderly, new driver, distracted driver, unfamiliar with the area, poor visibility (darkness, rain, snow, fog, sun-glare, etc), or AND YOU’LL LOVE THIS - FOLLOWING GPS (Siri, etc) MUCH TOO QUICKLY WHEN IT SAYS “TURN HERE”! You’ll laugh but this, unfortunately, true.

Does anyone remember the fairly recent story in which a young woman followed her GPS without questioning the directions and drove into a river with 2 passengers? Fortunately a Police Officer came to their aid but ultimately all of the young women AND the Police Officer were rescued by a 17 y/o HS Senior?

Three years ago I was following my daughter (just turned 19 y/o that month) as she drove towing the horse trailer down to RRP in KY. We were driving down an interstate in WV when she put on her blinker and turned right onto a much smaller road. I followed, thinking maybe she needed to check something, etc, but she kept driving on what turned into a REALLY narrow road (only wide enough for about 1 1/2 card) with ditches on both side and no shoulder. This went on and on for about 45 min (slow driving) and POOF we were back on the same interstate! I was too afraid to call her to ask her where she was going because I was so afraid that she would swerve even an inch when she answered the phone and would end up in the ditch.

maybe leave the keys in case emergency crew or random passerby can get it off the tracks while she's gone looking for
help?

I haven't seen a mention of a purse or wallet either

but I don't think the phone was in the car, it was 'found nearby' apparently and that makes me think she dropped it while she was being abducted or was having a mental health episode and threw it once she realized she was still carrying it

I agree ladyl, I also get abduction or mental health break vibes. I’m leaning more towards the second scenario. I hope she just went off for a bit and is located safe and sound.

I didn't see this mentioned. Her FB Log into Facebook last post was 5/2021
I am editing my post only to add:
The original posts stated the car was found on the 14th. I'm not sure if that was an error. If what we are reading now, she's in contact with Aunt, meeting 1/2 way, less then an hour later her car was abandoned with a flat, shoes/belongings phone left behind on a horse ranch. How did they find her car so quickly in such a remote area if they found it on the 13th? Why would a 27yr old leave her phone, shoes and other personal belongings behind? Did she change shoes for what she thought would be a hike? The phone really bugs me, as a woman I would take the phone before anything else. All IMO
Thanks for the link. Sometimes you can find interesting comments from family or friends but nothing we can bring here.

I was contacted early this morning by a representative of the family and have been in contact regarding her disappearance and I am assisting. There is a very large search underway. Four helicopters are being used. Local and mutual aid SAR teams and K9's. SLED has jumped in and is assisting. Jessica has been under stress and not thinking rationally, this gives some hope she is scared and hiding and can be found. She herself called 911 from Allendale and they were tracking her location but she made decisions based off of what are likely false perceptions. Leaving electronics and other belongings is very typical behavior in cases that involve mental health. The Aunt was trying to intercept Jessica to help her because she was in distress, she is not suspected of anything like has been suggested. We need a miracle here and support for the searchers and family.

Sheriff Freeman tells NewsChannel 6 that the tracks where Rapsys’s car was found were on private property on Creek Plantation.
Authorities say it was stuck across the railroad tracks that run through the community of Martin in northwestern Allendale County.
Could she have been going somewhere to meet someone else first, before driving to the aunt meet? Checking her SM and her phone will be important.

I was contacted early this morning by a representative of the family and have been in contact regarding her disappearance and I am assisting. There is a very large search underway. Four helicopters are being used. Local and mutual aid SAR teams and K9's. SLED has jumped in and is assisting. Jessica has been under stress and not thinking rationally, this gives some hope she is scared and hiding and can be found. She herself called 911 from Allendale and they were tracking her location but she made decisions based off of what are likely false perceptions. Leaving electronics and other belongings is very typical behavior in cases that involve mental health. The Aunt was trying to intercept Jessica to help her because she was in distress, she is not suspected of anything like has been suggested. We need a miracle here and support for the searchers and family.
Praying hard for Jessica <3

The few details we have remind me of the Sheridan Wall case from 2021 out of Myrtle Beach.

Sheridan was not thinking rationally when she suddenly decided to leave her home in Florida and visit her father in Myrtle Beach. She made various statements about being able to time travel and being a witch. Sheridan was spotted multiple times in Myrtle Beach acting erratically before her car was found abandoned and burned. Shortly thereafter, Sheridan's body was found. She was the victim of an accidental fall from a fire tower. There is much more to the story, but the elements of visiting a relative while not thinking clearly, and a vehicle found in what initially seemed like highly suspicious circumstances reminded me of this case.

I hope the outcome of this case is different and Jessica is found safe and well soon!

If she was in touch with LE at some point, I guess that's why they say they don't think there's foulplay. I guess some roads are closed due to the storm, she got lost and the phone died. I am not sure if this was a planned visit. I saw some other details but waiting for confirmation

The few details we have remind me of the Sheridan Wall case from 2021 out of Myrtle Beach.

Sheridan was not thinking rationally when she suddenly decided to leave her home in Florida and visit her father in Myrtle Beach. She made various statements about being able to time travel and being a witch. Sheridan was spotted multiple times in Myrtle Beach acting erratically before her car was found abandoned and burned. Shortly thereafter, Sheridan's body was found. She was the victim of an accidental fall from a fire tower. There is much more to the story, but the elements of visiting a relative while not thinking clearly, and a vehicle found in what initially seemed like highly suspicious circumstances reminded me of this case.

I hope the outcome of this case is different and Jessica is found safe and well soon!

Yes. This was one of the first cases I thought of too, especially since LE seemed to be pulling out all stops to find her yet were not connecting many dots for the public.
Praying for Jessica to be found safely.

@SF_Investigates are you able to provide us with a more precise location where the vehicle was found? We've been speculating on at least three locations. TIA if you're able to provide that.

Her aunt lived in Atlanta and was meeting her in Augusta.

If she's going from Jacksonville, Fl to Atlanta, Ga then Allendale county, SC is totally off the route.
Actually, if she was going from Jacksonville to Atlanta (and the report of meeting her Aunt in Augusta is true), the only suggested route from Google maps has her going right through Allendale.
1723813160987.png

Now, if she were going DIRECTLY to Atlanta from Jacksonville, you are correct, Allendale would be completely out of her way. Why not meet in Macon? Meeting in Augusta adds and hour and 15 minutes to the drive time. It's all very confusing.
1723813246372.png

AUG 16. 2024
[...]

GG, one of her best friends and hairdresser, said she was just with her Friday night at the beach bars.

"She was completely normal, everything was fine. She mentioned seeing an aunt over the weekend, and I saw the flyer, I said this doesn't add up," GG said.

[...]

Actually, if she was going from Jacksonville to Atlanta (and the report of meeting her Aunt in Augusta is true), the only suggested route from Google maps has her going right through Allendale.
View attachment 525009

Now, if she were going DIRECTLY to Atlanta from Jacksonville, you are correct, Allendale would be completely out of her way. Why not meet in Macon? Meeting in Augusta adds and hour and 15 minutes to the drive time. It's all very confusing.
View attachment 525010
I have no idea of their travel plans, but my siblings and I sometimes meet in small towns for get-togethers - not places "vacationers" would meet, but something cozy and convenient, just for a change of scenery and comfortable chit-chat for a day or so. I wonder if the aunt said, "let's meet" as a way to have an in-person conversation with her niece rather than be a "vacation getaway," kwim?

That doesn't explain why the car was found abandoned on a RR track on a off-track road, but perhaps the route in general made sense to the women.

jmo

Thank you for sharing this. Can you tell us where her aunt lives and where they were planning to meet?
Praying today is the day she is found safe!

View attachment 525009

View attachment 525010

In the first map you posted she may have been trying to get from I95 to I20 and took the rural roads if she was trying to get to Atlanta. The simplest route to me would have been to get on I16 in Savannah, however there was significant flooding after the storm so there may have been a lot of detours. Thanks for posting the maps!

Oh wow, I remember Sheridan. I didn't know about her odd statements, though. And yes, there are a lot of parallels.

According to the poster, the car location is right below a fire station. Martin · South Carolina 29836
I don't know if this is correct but you can see the white building in one of the news videos which shows a black car being towed
View attachment 525022View attachment 525023
I *think* we ruled out that location. After we speculated on this location, a new article came out showing this as the approximate location.
1723816996626.png

ETA - Here's a map with the location you showed showing the vehicle in Martin. And an arrow indicating the approximate location in the above screenshot from the article.
1723817272554.png

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member