Jose Baez to read Casey Anthony's Statement regarding her daughter's memorial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just got a chance to read it. I'm actually surprised that the defense would allow her to make the statement.

Hi Who_What_When,

My guess from watching it(Really have to STOP doing that), was that KC made him read the statement. He did not look very comfortable(more so than usual).

If she gives him a direct request doesn't he have to follow it? I do not know very much about law, it seems he would. just a guess. :)

So basically, it is Cindy's fault (once again) all this is happening tomorrow, she went against Casey's wishes. :rolleyes:

I hope they realize soon, the defense will stop at NOTHING to try to get Casey off. Time to start telling the WHOLE truth to LE George, Cindy and Lee.
question, why were they calling tomorrow a funeral...isn't it a memorial? Maybe I just don't know enough about this kind of stuff.

For those that dont speak caseynese, here's a rough translation:

I miss my freedom every minute of everyday. I cant be there for her funeral because I'm stuck in this stupid jail, because nobody used the resources I gave them. But someday when an imaginary jury find me innocent, i will go to her grave and pretend to be the grieving mother,but really to tell her that I forgive her for making me sit in the place where they make me eat coleslaw, and tell her how much i missed my freedom.
I let my parents arrange the service cause its kinda hard to make arrangements from where i'm at, and i'm used to them running errands for me anyway.
I told them how I wanted her buried this time, and they show me no respect! Just because I already burried her doesnt mean I shouldnt get to have a say in how it goes this time.
They are the ones who cremated her- at least I had the decency to bury her, kinda. This shows how sick and twisted they are- not me.
I wanted a private service because I hate my daughter still getting more attention than me. Even though shes dead now, she's still making my life a misery.
I cant get my parents to do what I want anymore. I cant believe they've dissed me like this for the whole world to see. This proves they loved her more than me. I hope they hear this and know just how betrayed I feel.

~ end of translation ~

I havent actually taken the caseynese course, so I might not be spot on, but this is pretty close I think.
JMO

I think you are 110% spot on.

I can not figure out why JB allowed this statement. I say allowed as in WTF was he thinking??? If he was trying to garner some sympathy for KC, it didn't work. All she did was whine, with JB as the ventriliquist.

Didn't JB say in court that HE was responsible for Caylee's remains? A funeral home is not going to cremate remains unless they have permission from the next of kin - or that next of kin designates someone to make decisions from them. Well, KC just threw someone else under the bus, the Funeral Home!!! Obviously, they did not follow the instructions given by the next of kin, right? I hope someone from that place says Hey, wait a minute and lays out exactly who told them to cremate the remains and what proof that person had that they were acting on behalf of KC.

This may have been the dumbest thing JB has done since this case started - and yes I am including hiring Todd Blackmail - or allowing him to speak for JB. There is not one thing in the statement that made me feel even the littlest bit sorry for KC - all I heard was whine, whine, whine. There is not one sentence that evokes anything but complete contempt for KC.

If JB does have people who read here and at other forums to gauge emotions and feeling about this case, he is going to get an earful tonight! The backlash created by this self centered, woe is me, statement is going to be more potent than anything he has seen before. He might have been better off saying that he talked to KC and she 'feels'.......but to have her own words out there is going to create a firestorm or already has.

Nice move, JB - can't wait to see what you come up with next!

I couldn't agree more. The statement was odd and seemed like it was written by a 15 year old who lost their pet. I don't see what they thought would be gained by this, if anything it makes her appear that she's placing all the blame on her parents. God help them.

Just curious why we need to know this. Of all things she could have said...why bring that up?
Yeah, again. Coz, I'll betcha everyone who hears that is going to see a laundry bag and a garbage bag rotting in the woods. This is strange...

If there is a headstone, it would be interesting to see what date of death they etch there.

Hi Who_What_When,

My guess from watching it(Really have to STOP doing that), was that KC made him read the statement. He did not look very comfortable(more so than usual).

If she gives him a direct request doesn't he have to follow it? I do not know very much about law, it seems he would. just a guess. :)

I'm not sure either but I would have thought he might have tweaked it for her (with her permission of course). I know people do that at work all the time!!! :)

For those that dont speak caseynese, here's a rough translation:

I miss my freedom every minute of everyday. I cant be there for her funeral because I'm stuck in this stupid jail, because nobody used the resources I gave them. But someday when an imaginary jury find me innocent, i will go to her grave and pretend to be the grieving mother,but really to tell her that I forgive her for making me sit in the place where they make me eat coleslaw, and tell her how much i missed my freedom.
I let my parents arrange the service cause its kinda hard to make arrangements from where i'm at, and i'm used to them running errands for me anyway.
I told them how I wanted her buried this time, and they show me no respect! Just because I already burried her doesnt mean I shouldnt get to have a say in how it goes this time.
They are the ones who cremated her- at least I had the decency to bury her, kinda. This shows how sick and twisted they are- not me.
I wanted a private service because I hate my daughter still getting more attention than me. Even though shes dead now, she's still making my life a misery.
I cant get my parents to do what I want anymore. I cant believe they've dissed me like this for the whole world to see. This proves they loved her more than me. I hope they hear this and know just how betrayed I feel.

~ end of translation ~

I havent actually taken the caseynese course, so I might not be spot on, but this is pretty close I think.
JMO

Perfect translation ;), where did you take the course?:innocent:

My guess is that they plan to keep Caylee in their home. They may have held a private service already, the day that G and C sat with Caylee at the funeral home. Caylee is probably already at home with them now.

Not sure about FL, but in my state the next of kin or executor of estate has to sign for the cremation to happen, has to sign the release to get the cremated remains and has to sign the certificate of cremation.

Since JB has control of Caylee's remains, I suspect they are still at the funeral home. Which could be why both BC and JB are sending mixed pressers about Caylee's remains. After reading KC's presser, I don't think CA has them which is why she decided to do this memorial -- to piss off KC as best she can at the moment.

KC's statement was simply a "watch out" I am really frustrated again.

That was my question......if Jose was so uncomfortable reading it -- then why didn't he get his spokesperson to read it. Good question Caroline.......

Boy..this whole case is full of people do not admitting certain ones...remember Baez not letting Channel 9 in for a press conference??? Ego mania at its best.

You got that right!
This whole case is full of ______!

Not sure about FL, but in my state the next of kin or executor of estate has to sign for the cremation to happen, has to sign the release to get the cremated remains and has to sign the certificate of cremation.

Since JB has control of Caylee's remains, I suspect they are still at the funeral home. Which could be why both BC and JB are sending mixed pressers about Caylee's remains. After reading KC's presser, I don't think CA has them which is why she decided to do this memorial -- to piss off KC as best she can at the moment.

KC's statement was simply a "watch out" I am really frustrated again.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I did not think JB released her to have that done yet?

I have sooo much I want to say but only a short time so I'll tell ya my first thoughts....

Remember back when news reported that Cindy and George had gone and sat with little Caylee at the funeral home?
People were wondering how they could sit beside a cardboard box (which is what the funeral homes use/child size, to hold bones of deceased).
That's when I knew.....I knew they sat beside a decorative container with ashes. As Casey would say...it's one of those gut feeling things I had at the time.

Conway's last presser..... he said Little Caylee's body would not be at the Public memorial nor would they be at the A's home.
I feel that was a slip-up on his part.

In order for the body to be at the A's home (or not, according to Conway for fear of ghoulish people) it would have been cremated.

I'm thinking the cremation happened very soon after the body was released.

So how is everyone going to cover their butts for the lies that have been told?

Can Conway and JB continue to say they told the public lies to protect the family's privacy?
How long do you all think the public is going to fall for that without some form of backlash?

Also, and my apologies in advance if this has already been answered...
Casey said she missed Caylee every minute of every day.
Did she say she loved her?
I was wondering the same thing...I only heard a snippet of the presser, but I don't remember hearing the word "love".

Yeah, Chilly is particularly spunky today... I think she likes ants in KC's pants.. LOL

I do, I do. Maybe this is all just a control issue between Cindy and Casey but if it is, Cindy wins this round. One big NEENER to Casey :dance:

Getting serious again though, IMO, it's Caylee who actually won this round. Casey wanted her buried quietly and privately, as if she was something to be ashamed of. Cindy obviously feels Caylee deserves better. I'm glad.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I did not think JB released her to have that done yet?

I don't either. If CA had physical custody of Caylee's remains, she would be broadcasting it to every network, sending them photos. Sorry to be crass about it, but it is in her nature to do it.

Not sure who KC would release Caylee's remains to, but it seems clear to me that CA does not have them.

There are so many things Casey COULD have said:

"My heart aches that I can not be a part of my beloved daughter's memorial. It will be a sweet day when justice is served, the murderer of Caylee is found and I can be free to mourn with my family"

" I want to thank the public for the unending support of Caylee Marie. I ask everyone to hug my parents for me. Their grief is all-consuming--they will need your kind words and love."

"Please help me find the murderer of my precious daughter. Anyone , with ANY information, I beg of you to come forward"....

and the list can go on and on and on.

Instead, she speaks of herself, takes a verbal swing at her parents and has made no request to view Caylee's memorial---pouting in her cell, not watching because Cindy has control.

Unbelievable.

You've summarized very well, TxMother. ITA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back