Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager in 2006 *report released 2015* #4 *Dismissed*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Omg lol, no, I just like odd drawings and found it randomly on...pattern junkie. I can't believe you recognize it, that's hilarious! My mom and sister sew, but I got very frustrated!

Eta: http://patternjunkie.typepad.com/pa...-in-the-basket-or-it-gets-the-hose-again.html

I recognized it for two reasons. This week I was looking for a basic puff sleeved dress pattern(which apparently KS never made) and I had to make a double take every time I saw that pattern because on first glance it looks like a seven year old with a binky.

Ouch! This is in regards to the treatment center staff member's arrest.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/abuse-survivor-reveals-duggar-text-messages-the-120789500852.html
You’ve met the Duggar family before, and have spoken to some of their children about sexual abuse. How did that first meeting come about?
I was the keynote speaker at a child abuse fundraiser that they were attending. Michelle and Jim Bob approached me afterwards and they said, ‘We love what you’re doing, we want to help you get Erin’s Law passed in other states, we want to help you gain contact with the right legislators.’ And then they left. But 10 minutes later they came back in and said, ‘Erin, we know it’s late, but is there any way you can come to our house and talk to our kids about Erin’s Law?’ So for two hours on September 24, 2013, I sat with nine of their kids, telling them about safe touches, about how people shouldn’t touch you in areas that fall under a swimsuit, and what types of secrets you should tell adults immediately. Only nine of their kids were there – the younger ones. The girls who were abused were out of town, and Josh wasn’t living there at the time. He was already living in DC.

If reports are to believed, Josh now finds himself Reformers Unanimous waking up at 4:30 a.m. each day, smack dab in the middle of a Christian "rehab"/prison camp, where drinkers, druggers and Duggars are lumped together in a PRAY IT AWAY program treating alcoholics, drug addicts and those with sex addiction.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brad-lamm/josh-duggars-rehab-welcome-to-dark-ages_b_8056358.html

The obsession with sex that has characterized much of the discussion regarding the beliefs espoused by the cult to which the Duggars belong was also apparent during JBD's time as a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives. (1998-2002).

While in the legislature, Duggar served as the vice chair of the House Corrections and Criminal Law Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee, among other posts.
In his four years as a state representative, Duggar sponsored or co-sponsored many bills that dealt with sexual assault and its appropriate punishment.
Duggar was a co-sponsor on a bill in January 2001 that aimed to add more categories to the definition of sex offenses in the state’s Sex and Child Offender Registration Act.
Also in April 2001, Duggar co-sponsored a bill that prevented anyone from being convicted of a felony sex offense from being eligible for parole.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemc...olitical-stances-on-sexual-assault#.oeqgonbDY

As for the rapist or person who committed incest, however, he is breathtakingly clear: “Rape and incest represent heinous crimes and as such should be treated as capital crimes,” meaning that in Jim Bob Duggar’s Arkansas, his son would have faced the death penalty.
v

The girls are still victims even if you don't like their message. It's one thing to argue against their message and just awful to want to perpetrate physical violence against them.

They were born into and grew up in that environment. Even though they are young adults I'm willing to give them time and a break.

I agree with you - they ARE victims.

It saddens me to read comments that express a desire to "slap" them.

To anyone who defends such a violent stance: Are you kidding me?????

Who among us believes that slapping a domestic violence victim is the proper way to encourage that victim to leave a domestic violence situation? I would venture a guess that NO ONE believes that slapping a victim would be an appropriate action to take.

I, for one, will NOT be standing in the so-called "slapping line".

To anyone who dares to claim that these young women are not victims of domestic violence: think again.

They are victims of sexual abuse. Sexual abuse IS domestic violence.

A female being raised to believe that she is less worthy than a male IS a victim of domestic violence - because that message impacts her emotionally and psychologically. A female being raised to believe that she isn't safe in her own home because she doesn't believe that she has control over her own body - that IS domestic violence.

She certainly DOESN'T deserve to be threatened to be slapped by strangers.

From Wendiesan's link:
Duggar also pushed on anti-abortion legislation, including being a lead sponsor on a 1999 bill that would make abortion punishable by the death penalty with the exception of saving the mother’s life. That bill failed.

Somehow I never understood this sort of Pro Life logic. Killing fetuses is murder, but killing adults who wanted to end a pregnancy is desirable. People stop being Life Worth Defending once they're born and commit their first sin?

I don't think anybody was suggesting actually slapping any Duggars, it was simply an expression of frustration that the girls were still 'towing the party line' and an expression of a wish they were evolving past that.

Figure of speech.

I don't think anybody was suggesting actually slapping any Duggars, it was simply an expression of frustration that the girls were still 'towing the party line' and an expression of a wish they were evolving past that.

Figure of speech.

I have heard "Slap you upside the head" before. Nobody is really going to hit anybody!

I have Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning LOL!

Figure of speech.

That's how I took it because it was first directed at a magazine cover. Many times I've said "I want to slap that smug look right off her face" without meaning it literally. I think I most often say while watching TV, oddly enough. I've never slapped anyone, nor do I want to slap any Duggars (or any Real Housewife, or Cris Collinsworth).

That's how I took it because it was first directed at a magazine cover. Many times I've said "I want to slap that smug look right off her face" without meaning it literally. I think I most often say while watching TV, oddly enough. I've never slapped anyone, nor do I want to slap any Duggars (or any Real Housewife, or Cris Collinsworth).

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

As the originator of the I'd like to slap them, that's EXACTLY how I meant it.

Good grief! It was meant metaphorically! If the Duggar girls rang my doorbell right now and said they were here for their slapping, I wouldn't do it.

I've never slapped anyone in reality in my life.

Good grief! It was meant metaphorically! If the Duggar girls rang my doorbell right now and said they were here for their slapping, I wouldn't do it.

Me either. I get your point.

Same when I posted early in about MD.Hubby stated MD womb was treated like a clown car. He did not mean they produced clowns. Some folks took offense. He just meant u dont impregante your wife that many times and not expect a sad result. Or expect your wife to endure.
ETA- he felt MD was disrespected as a woman. Guess we have come to know it's the way it works. Sadly.

[video]https://youtu.be/i0GW0Vnr9Yc[/video]

IJS

From Wendiesan's link: Somehow I never understood this sort of Pro Life logic. Killing fetuses is murder, but killing adults who wanted to end a pregnancy is desirable. People stop being Life Worth Defending once they're born and commit their first sin?

Agreed. I have a difficult time understanding the stance that denies women who want to be able to control their fertility access to safe methods of birth control. This whole business of saying that birth control is pre-abortion and therefore should be illegal, is, IMO, brutal and cruel rhetoric designed to oppress not only women in the years of their fertility, but their partners as well.

And then these smug paragons of virtue, who preach that abstinence and procreation are the only options available to women, who believe that the pain they mete out to other people is for their own good and a godly mission as well, turn out to be utter hypocrites.

There are multiple less than stellar sources reporting that Josh is not at the "rehab" place in Illinois.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...rehab-no-show-rehab-meetings-church-services/

The basis for the original supposition was that the private Duggar plane had flown to Rockford, where the Reformers Unanimous facility is located. And, of course, the facility would not confirm his presence.

The basis for the current reports is that Josh has not been spotted either in Sunday worship with the other RU inmates, nor at a Wednesday regular community meeting for RU.

I'll leave the speculation regarding what this means to others, but, my hope is that he has gotten involved in some bona fide counseling somewhere.

Just as an aside--all of these articles show pictures of Josh and Anna. It always strikes me that in every single one her smile looks forced. So--while I do hope that Josh finds some legit counseling resource, I hope doubly that Anna is able to find her way out of this whole quiverfull movement and into some emotional health.

IDK, Cris C. might actually make me cross that line. Just sayin'....

Sent from my fingertips using what remains of my brain.

I must admit I HATE the patriarchal system as a whole. But these cults that promote an extreme patriarchal system like this one really burn me up. I feel for the Duggar children, they have been brought up to be totally subservient and tolerant if they are girls. Their lives are lived in a narrow chasm, looking down on those who do not follow the bible. Without any disrespect meant, I have found some of the most hypocritical people in the world purport to live their lives following religious systems. When you have a system that is so patriarchal and misogynistic it is easy to hide abuse. You just need to look at the scandals that have hit the Jehovah's Witnesses. Josh Duggar cannot ever be condoned for what he did. It was and as abhorrent. He has shown he has no respect for his mother, father, sisters or his wife. However he's been brought up in a system where the man is king.

Any system that attempts to create a divide between people so that they are alienated from the wider world does not sit easy with me.

I must admit I HATE the patriarchal system as a whole. But these cults that promote an extreme patriarchal system like this one really burn me up. I feel for the Duggar children, they have been brought up to be totally subservient and tolerant if they are girls. Their lives are lived in a narrow chasm, looking down on those who do not follow the bible. Without any disrespect meant, I have found some of the most hypocritical people in the world purport to live their lives following religious systems. When you have a system that is so patriarchal and misogynistic it is easy to hide abuse. You just need to look at the scandals that have hit the Jehovah's Witnesses. Josh Duggar cannot ever be condoned for what he did. It was and as abhorrent. He has shown he has no respect for his mother, father, sisters or his wife. However he's been brought up in a system where the man is king.

Any system that attempts to create a divide between people so that they are alienated from the wider world does not sit easy with me.

I often end up in discussions about differences between cults and religions and I'm going to borrow this line next time I do. Thanks! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back