Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 *guilty* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before posting my comment--sorry if my position on Josh Duggar offends anyone--however, I am really sick and tired of seeing and hearing the smug self-righteous dolts that support Josh--going so far as to put forth in public and court redeeming human qualities about JD. In my opinion, all Josh's supporters should be required to view the videos and images of suffering infants and young children undergoing horrific sexual abuse at the hand's of adults that make money off of people like Josh who patronize the sources for disgusting entertainment. Frankly, our children deserve better and permanent forms of protection against vile predators and those who support them--there should be mandatory sentencing in any of these sexual exploitation crimes--especially when it involves infants and children under age 12. From nearly all studies done on adults who sexually abuse children--they can not be rehabilitated. Chemical castration for males seems to have a modicum of success, but the main success point is keeping the predator away from children--institutionalize the offenders permanently or mandate a death penalty for those who have tortured helpless infants and children repeatedly.
I completely agree with you. Josh cannot be rehabilitated because he is not a humble person who will admit that he is sick. He has many people around him that he has fooled, or maybe they aren’t fooled and are not really in denial and just won’t admit it.

He has ruined people’s lives. His children will find out. One can only hope that they are not indoctrinated into this cult.

I’m disappointed that he is not required to attend sex offender treatment.

MOO

No priors thanks to Jim Bob, the sect, and Arkansas LE.
It wasn’t technically Arkansas LE at fault! Not officially. They brought him to a friend to have a talking to about his abuse. The friend was a state trooper. The friend is currently serving 56 years on state CSAM charges. Second offense. He was not on duty. And he never reported it.

By the time it was officially looked into, based on the Oprah tip, the statute of limitations had run.

Isn’t that crazy!

Before posting my comment--sorry if my position on Josh Duggar offends anyone--however, I am really sick and tired of seeing and hearing the smug self-righteous dolts that support Josh--going so far as to put forth in public and court redeeming human qualities about JD. In my opinion, all Josh's supporters should be required to view the videos and images of suffering infants and young children undergoing horrific sexual abuse at the hand's of adults that make money off of people like Josh who patronize the sources for disgusting entertainment. Frankly, our children deserve better and permanent forms of protection against vile predators and those who support them--there should be mandatory sentencing in any of these sexual exploitation crimes--especially when it involves infants and children under age 12. From nearly all studies done on adults who sexually abuse children--they can not be rehabilitated. Chemical castration for males seems to have a modicum of success, but the main success point is keeping the predator away from children--institutionalize the offenders permanently or mandate a death penalty for those who have tortured helpless infants and children repeatedly.
Don’t apologize. Those who prey on children are the worst of the worst to me.

That being said, apparently some studies may show success with sex offender treatment for certain perps. Not pedophiles, however. And apparently not all child molesters are pedophiles.

Don’t apologize. Those who prey on children are the worst of the worst to me.

That being said, apparently some studies may show success with sex offender treatment for certain perps. Not pedophiles, however. And apparently not all child molesters are pedophiles.

Thank you for your post. I agree there is a wide range of opinion on whether sexual abuse offenders can be rehabilitated--in the last 20 years there appears to be a lot of new studies/opinions that seem to show that sexual offenders with proper monitoring, mental health therapy and so forth can be rehabilitated. My course work on the topic of rape analysis/sexual abuse was in the early 90s--relying on studies done in the preceding decades. One aspect I think most health experts would agree with is the staggering ongoing amount of mental health therapy and social support needed for sexual abuse offenders so they don't commit sexual abuse again--which begs the question, how much as a society do we want to invest in "rehabilitating" sexual abusers of children? I don't see how the problem can be solved without taking drastic measures to safe guard our children from sexual predators by enacting stricter laws and institutionalizing repeat offenders. Helping to rehabilitate sex offenders is controversial – but it can prevent more abuse

If he had taken the plea deal, he would have had less time. The deal was 10 years offered. His father would have saved a boatload of cash. And not dragged this entire mess out in public for months.

There is no evidence that he was ever offered a 10 year plea deal. This is a rumor based on bad reporting.

This article is sensationalized. The facilities he might go to are both low security facilities. Prisoner Resource (which is a guide for people who are soon to be incarcerated and their families) has details about each of the facilities and they both sound very safe (as far as prisons go, at least), even for sex offenders.

Seagoville: “Anyone can walk here no problem. Don’t expect it to be very ‘prison-like.’ It’s more like a college campus (in layout), full of middle school maturity-level grown men.”

“Violence is rare and serious injuries are almost unheard of. Fistfights happen, but most violence stops at pushing and shoving.”

Source: https://prisonerresource.com/federa.../#h-fci-seagoville-prison-culture-information

Texarkana: “It’s a pretty relaxed place overall. Just a bit petty at times.”

“Violence here isn’t really that much of an issue. There’re a few fights every now and then, but it’s usually nothing more than a few bumps and bruises. The overall safety here is much better than at a lot of other places as long as you’re respectful and don’t run up debts that you can’t pay.”

Source: https://prisonerresource.com/federa...a/#h-fci-texarkana-prison-culture-information

Both have a high percentage of sex offenders.

There is no evidence that he was ever offered a 10 year plea deal. This is a rumor based on bad reporting.

This article is sensationalized. The facilities he might go to are both low security facilities. Prisoner Resource (which is a guide for people who are soon to be incarcerated and their families) has details about each of the facilities and they both sound very safe (as far as prisons go, at least), even for sex offenders.

Seagoville: “Anyone can walk here no problem. Don’t expect it to be very ‘prison-like.’ It’s more like a college campus (in layout), full of middle school maturity-level grown men.”

“Violence is rare and serious injuries are almost unheard of. Fistfights happen, but most violence stops at pushing and shoving.”

Source: https://prisonerresource.com/federa.../#h-fci-seagoville-prison-culture-information

Texarkana: “It’s a pretty relaxed place overall. Just a bit petty at times.”

“Violence here isn’t really that much of an issue. There’re a few fights every now and then, but it’s usually nothing more than a few bumps and bruises. The overall safety here is much better than at a lot of other places as long as you’re respectful and don’t run up debts that you can’t pay.”

Source: https://prisonerresource.com/federa...a/#h-fci-texarkana-prison-culture-information

Both have a high percentage of sex offenders.
Very astute pick up on real reality vs media reality and their publications--I am sure there will be more attempts to highlight false narratives around Josh Duggar's conviction and sentence. Maybe even well meaning people connected to his family will be bamboozled into thinking Josh is just an all American man/boy who got trapped by an ever pervasive and over reaching government surveillance team. Power and corruption come to mind.

This article has a bit more info on stipulations JD will have to live with when on probation, after serving his sentence.

This article has a bit more info on stipulations JD will have to live with when on probation, after serving his sentence.
From your link -

The judge concluded the proceedings in this case by addressing “one more matter” before the court: the government’s request that Duggar forfeit the HP desktop computer he used to download the illegal child sexual assault material.

“Nobody wants the computer back, so to speak,” said Gelfand. “Just preserved.” He added that the defense wanted to “make darn sure” that the device remained safely in evidence for a possible appeal.

With that, Duggar was taken back into custody by U.S. Marshals and will await transfer to a federal prison.

I completely agree with you. Josh cannot be rehabilitated because he is not a humble person who will admit that he is sick. He has many people around him that he has fooled, or maybe they aren’t fooled and are not really in denial and just won’t admit it.

He has ruined people’s lives. His children will find out. One can only hope that they are not indoctrinated into this cult.

I’m disappointed that he is not required to attend sex offender treatment.

MOO

I bet he will be required to live in a facility that has sex offender treatment. We will soon know hopefully. He will be getting out someday. This won't be like his other programs he has attended. More realistically I assume.

I bet he will be required to live in a facility that has sex offender treatment. We will soon know hopefully. He will be getting out someday. This won't be like his other programs he has attended. More realistically I assume.
For some reason I thought sex offenders in prison were required to attend sex offender treatment programs while incarcerated. But the judge said he doesn’t have to.

For some reason I thought sex offenders in prison were required to attend sex offender treatment programs while incarcerated. But the judge said he doesn’t have to.

It is up to the Department of Corrections not a judge but I should look into this more. It's my guess that he will get to a half way house sooner with treatment. But again, I need to research it more. Kinda confusing.

Thanks for your response.

To make it more confusing there are different types of sex offender treatment programs. Like adult on adult.
Keith Raniere for example. (He was into 15 year olds and older (very skinny) teens who looked 12.)

Last edited:
It is up to the Department of Corrections not a judge but I should look into this more. It's my guess that he will get to a half way house sooner with treatment. But again, I need to research it more. Kinda confusing.

To make it more confusing there are different types of sex offender treatment programs. Like adult on adult.
Keith Raniere for example. (He was into 15 year olds and older (very skinny) teens who looked 12.)
Maybe the judge misspoke.

Controversial question.

What good does it do for Josh to sit in prison for 12 and a half years?

There are different aims & considerations. Rehabilitation is only one (whether rehabilitation is even possible is a separate issue). Punishing the individual, restoring the victim, protecting the public, and discouraging others from engaging in similar conduct are other aims. I haven’t read it, but I’ve heard that “Principles of Criminal Law” is a good overview that’s more accessible than a law school textbook.

Controversial question.

IMO, if nothing else, he will be unable to have access to any children in person, or download or view any CSAM.

That's good enough for me.

If he should come out a different person in 12 years, that would be great, but for now it's enough for me that he has a prison between him and children.

I really like the very restrictive and tight monitoring terms of Josh's 20 year probation...it's a great prototype to use for other morally corrupt offenders. Judge Brooks deserves a great clapping of hands, imo. The probation terms are like an invasive/invisible net around Josh Duggar's life when he gets out of jail. He will think he's still in prison, which is fine with me.

The Judge probably realizes it's a waste of time attending sex offender treatment programs in prison when the offender doesn't think they did anything wrong--it's like sending someone to driver's school when they enjoy breaking speeding laws...it would be more effective to send bad drivers to the morgue or to the site of a terrible traffic accident to scare them into slowing down. Similarly, sex abuse treatment should have the frightening stomach churning element to it--for a better result, imo.

The CEO of a sexual abuse treatment center for high risk offenders in 1990 came to my rape analysis class to discuss how their practitioners were giving predators of sexual abuse treatment and therapy--it consisted of putting a thin wire around the offender's penis while they watched abhorrant and abberant sex videos and images--if their penis got aroused, they were given a shock. Those were the good old days.

Controversial question.

It does a great deal of good for the children who won't become his victims during his incarceration. They have rights, too.

People like this creep can't be rehabilitated because they don't think what they're doing is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside