Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine this successive group of calamities that occurs in Job’s life. His sheep are taken. His camels are taken. Fire from Heaven rains down and burns up his servants and his cattle. Then, in addition to all of that, a wind come across the desert and hits the house where Job’s children are. As a result, the house falls and kills Job’s children. In one fell swoop, Job loses everything. He is bankrupt, and has nothing to call his own. And not only is he bankrupt, but he also has lost what is most important to him—his own children. Truly, Satan caused Job great suffering in this first test. The question is this: How did Job respond? If Satan’s accusation was true, and if Job served God only for what he could get out of it, then Job should have “thrown in the towel” here. But notice what Job said in Job 1:20-22,

“Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: ‘Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.’ In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.”

Imagine what Job has just suffered. He has just had what we might call a “black Monday.” He lost everything--including his children. Yet the Bible tells us “then Job fell to the ground and worshiped.” He then said, “The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; bles*sed be the name of the Lord.” This first test is proof that Job was serving God because He was God, and that men do not necessarily serve God because of the blessings He gives them, but instead because they want to follow His teachings.

:smile:

Thank you was not enough!
We can all use reminders.

A detective from WA is on NG right now. He said this was really hard on the officers because many of them knew the little boys personally, and this was devastating for them.

This case is just breaking my heart. I hope the guilt weighs on Josh dad and he tells what Josh did with Susan.

resp. snipped

That would be the only good thing to come out of this horror ; that Susans' remains could be located for her parents' sake !

I won't hold my breath about 'dear old dad' 'fessing up. Not unless there's something in it for him; and I really do think he knows more about Susan than he's saying. Maybe if he was properly threatened ...? Like with doing more 'time' than he's expecting ?
jmo

Since the home exploded so completely and so rapidly, I wonder if he had open propane tanks. Propane is heavier than air and hangs at floor level. I don't know that gasoline would explode and certainly he couldn't have had natural gas valves on stove and heaters open, since that would have asphyxiated him before the boys got there. Idiot monster, burn in hell!

A detective from WA is on NG right now. He said this was really hard on the officers because many of them knew the little boys personally, and this was devastating for them.

All I can say is too little, too damn late!

I know my heart goes out to all who were involved. We know how we feel i cant imagine what it's like for those who have worked this case. So many victims left behind.

Since the home exploded so completely and so rapidly, I wonder if he had open propane tanks. Propane is heavier than air and hangs at floor level. I don't know that gasoline would explode and certainly he couldn't have had natural gas valves on stove and heaters open, since that would have asphyxiated him before the boys got there. Idiot monster, burn in hell!

please don't ask for a link right now, I wouldn't be able to find it......
but I read somewhere today that there was no natural/propane gas
for the house (pilots, stove, furnace).
But as a camper we have propane tanks....he did camp...........

Awe that is so sad.

Detectives spend so much time and energy on cases. I think it's impossible to not care about the children.

We can not forget all the people who have been working since 2009 on this case. I know their hearts are broken.

please don't ask for a link right now, I wouldn't be able to find it......
but I read somewhere today that there was no natural/propane gas
for the house (pilots, stove, furnace).
But as a camper we have propane tanks....he did camp...........

I believe that at the press conference today , it was explained that there was no "explosion" per se. That this was a fire, that burned so rapidly and engulfed the house due to the amount of gasoline that was used. The explosion sounds that were heard were actually the windows breaking from the heat. I THINK this is what he said anyways. I can go back and try to find the exact wording.

ETA:
Ok, real quick, I found an article: http://news.yahoo.com/authorities-josh-powell-set-home-fire-040152642.html

Neighbors had reported hearing an explosion, but Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said Josh Powell's home was destroyed by a fast-moving fire that blew out several windows and was aided by some sort of accelerant.

And I am thinking now that the window thing was in relation to people saying they heard "popping" sounds, and thought it might be gunshots, but was actually the windows.

Awe that is so sad.

Detectives spend so much time and energy on cases. I think it's impossible to not care about the children.

We can not forget all the people who have been working since 2009 on this case. I know their hearts are broken.

Yep, no doubt they are heartbroken that they couldn't make this case (at least in time to save the children). Clearly if he was behind bars awaiting trial none of this would have happened. We have so many cases of "missing" people right now and without bodies seems like nothing can be done to bring the alleged perps to justice-it's extremely frustrating.

Wow, what a horrible series of events. I am pretty much speechless. so..
Prayers of comfort for the remaining family members.

Yep, no doubt they are heartbroken that they couldn't make this case (at least in time to save the children). Clearly if he was behind bars awaiting trial none of this would have happened. We have so many cases of "missing" people right now and without bodies seems like nothing can be done to bring the alleged perps to justice-it's extremely frustrating.

Yes. I'm sure they did all they could.

I do think about Venus Stewart (Michigan). She still has not been found but her husband, Doug Stewart was found guilty and will never see the light of day as a free man again. Venus' two girls are safe with Venus' parents.

It all comes down to available evidence.

I really wish this case had a similar outcome.

OMG I just heard and am so sick.....

In my heart right now, I am also blaming Steve Powell,
his evil doings helped Josh live with evil,
SP protected JP and himself.
SP is jailed for life I pray, he raised and put ideas into Josh's brain.
The 2 were EVIL and look at what has happened.
All the innocent people parished or worse yet are suffering now
and forever like the Cox family.
I think SP/JP were in everything together. JMOO

I tend to agree...mostly...but I think of SP as a puppetmaster pulling Josh's strings. And I wonder how much of this was because SP wasn't there to 'manage' things and JP snapped (like I think he snapped, killed Susan and Daddy Dearest cleaned up the mess and moved JP back where he could keep an eye on him.)

Mel

My wanting children and never having one, I guess was God's will. Maybe God didn't think I deserved a child.

As far as I know, I never offended God, but my dearest wish was for at least one child.

At any rate, my pain is nothing. All I care about is the pain inflicted by JP on two innocent babies and the fact that he most likely killed their mother as well.

I am choked up at this point and glad he is dead.

God doesn't always give us what He gives us based on what we deserve. If that were the case, people like Josh Powell and Antoniette Davis and Lena Lunsford and Casey Anthony would never have been given the gift of being "parents" to those precious little souls they threw away like so much garbage.

I don't pretend to understand His will. I just know what I know and that is that the joys we are blessed with and the pain we are dealt are not based on what we deserve.

I am sorry that you we denied your heart's desire. Your post made me weep and I had managed not to do so thru this entire thread. I cried because you carry in your heart the thought that somehow you weren't good enough to have a baby. That's just not true. IMO.

I don't know you, but I know that just from your words you are a hundred times more worthy than so many. Hugs and prayers to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew it. He hated those kids so much he had to terrorize and hurt them first before killing them. That is what took 3 minutes.

Okay Guys - we are NOT posting pictures of faces in the rubble.

These two boys deserve more than that and we ARE NOT GOING THERE!

They were innocent in this whole mess and it just isn't fair to be gawking at them like this. Let's be respectful of them please. If it was just Josh - that's another issue, but with the boys and not being able to tell, etc. we are not gonna go there.

Thanks for understanding,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members