Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! :)

I listened, and also:

One gas can was near the bodies, which were in the center of the home, whatever that room would have been.

There was accelerant (gasoline) all over the home (my note: presumably inside). They may never know whether it was spread before the boys arrived or just afterwards.

Preliminary info indicates no gunshot wounds on the bodies and there has been no gun found in the home.

Email msgs also went to his pastor, cousins, and (my note: LE...he said "us"). None of the email msgs (currently known about) were sent with enough time for anyone to have done anything to stop his actions. One email msg said that he couldn't live without his boys.

They're still investigating where and when he acquired the gasoline.

No question that it was planned, and further investigation may indicate how far in advance.

Thanks guys for filling in the blanks!

I did hear the detective state he had lived there since August but that seems incorrect.

Also, I think it is silly to say we may never know whether he spilled accelerant before the boys got there. If the social worker smelled it at the moment she got to the house, then he did.

BBM

He couldn't live without his boys, so he couldn't allow them to live without him, even though they would be loved, nurtured, provided for...

So much for that ridiculous "Josh is a wonderful, caring parent" nonsense that his family was spouting. He was nothing more than a twisted, evil, incredibly cowardly person - selfish to the core. :mad:

Wow, I had the same thought as you at the same time! I posted right before reading yours. I agree 100%. Yeah, some dad, huh? Immolates his precious, innocent sons.

I've seen conflicting reports on when social worker smelled gas.
It could have been after he locked her out.
Wouldn't take long to pour gasoline out. He could have waited until the children showed up in his house. That certainly would be the thing to do if he wanted to ensure his plan went on without a glitch.

NO! :thud:
Kimster here (offers a hand) no surprise he was a callouses man. Like I said on Tricia Facebook post yesterday. Only solace I can find is the boys now are where they belong with their mom .

This is the bit that strikes me the most..all of us probably have one bit of the story that bothers us over the rest of it (apart from the obvious, killing his boys).

For me it is the type of cold bloodedness it takes to pack up and give away your childrens toys and clothes days before you kill them. He left no out, he was coldly determined. Nothing was going to change his mind

This gave me the chills.

I know this has probably been all said before but.........

He KNEW he was guilty and the kids were starting to talk.
He KNEW what was on his computer.
He KNEW he was going to lose this kids.

His appearance at the last hearing, my first thought was OMG he looks awful.He looks like it was really starting to break him down.

I can believe he did this because I saw the evil in his eyes.

Hopefully, the boys did not suffer. But my heart breaks for the Cox family.

Another I'm wondering about --- Charlie's school assignment was to draw a picture of something you did DURING THE SUMMER. Charlie drew the van with his mother in the trunk -- but that was something that happened 2 years earlier in the winter. BUT....this past summer, didn't Josh again disappear with his 2 sons on another "camping trip" -- which sent some tips to the cops and that's when they scoured that desert area and found the burnt wood? Could the boys have been with him this summer when he did something else with her body?

It was actually Braden, then 2, per Mr. C, that drew the picture. The attorney is saying Charlie is remembering and talking. The camping trip was after the P home search and the desert in UT and NV also. It bothered me because of the way he was being so obnoxious about JP taking the boys again for another late night escapade. BUT, could JP have had a trunk containing her remains with them? ???? Did Charlie mean a trunk of a car or trunk as in suitcase?

The part about giving away their toys... so *other* kids can have them? I'm having a hard time grasping how the (heck) he can care about giving away the toys so that they won't be burned/wasted -- yet -- yet -- he can let his own children perish with him? But not their TOYS?

I'm having a hard time expressing what I'm feeling, but there's something so wrong about that on many levels. Caring more about the toys than those kids. I know it's just a small tidbit of info in this whole horrid mess, but it really angers me.

Im wondering about them being doused now too, maybe that would come out in the autopsies, just adding horror apon horror.

The WA detective made some mention of there being a possibility that JP did something to the boys before the gas ignited. ??? He wasn't really specific and clear, but said they are waiting on the autopsy. No gun was found, but could they have had blunt force trauma...or have been smothered?

With the email stating where to turn off the utilities it sounds more like he did leave the gas on. He then used the gasoline to make sure the house burnt quick. If I recall there were reports of people hearing explosion which would be the gas from stove exploding, Either way these poor children nor Susan family or the poor case worker did not deserve this.

On a newscast I viewed, someone reported the landlord had said that house did not have gas hook-up.

And one of the talking-heads this afternoon said 10 gallons of gas was quite enough to "easily take out" that size house.

(Sorry for not retrieving links, I have a major headache.)

My brother said on the NBC news that they showed the Dateline interview with JP where he says he could never hurt his wife or his kids. :maddening:

I just keep coming here hoping for some answers, to share grief, read to find some solace.

It is comforting to read all your posts to know we all just need to share our sadness and horror of what has happened to this family. The shock of it all is numbing that this can happen is beyond reason. What a large community WS is but at the same time it can be so small.We continue to share our tears and sadness for this dastardly unthinkable act and I am touched to be with you during this horrible time.

May Peace be with all.

My brother said on the NBC news that they showed the Dateline interview with JP where he says he could never hurt his wife or his kids. :maddening:

I guess it shouldn't come as surprise to anyone that some people don't tell the truth.

Twisted logic. I bet if you were able to ask him, he'd say that he wasn't hurting them, he was 'saving' them or something along those lines. We're all sitting here trying to wrap our brains around something too horrific to even contemplate. In his world, this passed for logic.

Moo.

:anguish: So so terribly sad.......no words......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bear_With_Me