Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought it couldn't get anymore horrific. I had to step away yesterday after I saw those pictures of the boys with their grandparents. So happy and loved. I fell apart.

This morning I wake up to this news. Why? Why? Why? Why?

Exactly my thoughts. I didn't think it could get worse. I can't even read the news. The headline is too much

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Gasoline-found-all-over-the-house-of-Josh-Powell-138812474.html

According to the comments at the bottom of the article
KIRO is reporting he used the kesagiri chop or a double axe handle move, (it's a wrestling move) only he used the hatchet as he did it.

Look that up I just watched a video showing that, trust me I don't think they knew anything after that and that is exactly what I suspect happened to Susan.

He was pure unadulterated EVIL!

I looked up the kesagiri chop, and it doesn't look feasible to me to use on two young boys.

However it went down, it was preplanned and the last act of a desperately sick man.

IMO

Vile. Just vile. These new details really are too much to take.
I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but it's been bugging me. I don't believe in heaven/hell so I don't think they've gone to 'a better place'. A better place would be for them to be alive now, not dead but living the long (and hopefully happy) lives they would have had ahead of them. But no, this hideous excuse of a man has taken that away from them in the most horrid way and that's despicable to me.

I respect your opinion on no heaven or hell - sometimes I think that myself.

On the other hand, without a belief system, what is the point to any of us living? You see, if there is no heaven/hell, we all can do what we want - yes, even burn up our own children, and there will be no meaning to the act. EVERYBODY LIES, EVERYBODY DIES. I guess some chose to believe in a higher power to keep on going, while some struggle along as best they can. Then we have others who has lost faith and any fear, if they ever had it, if it had not been brutalized out of them - these are the ones who commit atrocities.

My opinion only

Those aren't always the ones who commit atrocities. When people crash planes into buildings thinking they will be transported straight to paradise with 72 virgins each, they're not doing it because they've lost faith, they're doing it because they think their God wants them to kill.

OTOH, people who don't believe in an afterlife frequently see human life as all the more precious because they believe this life is all we have.

I could not have believed it could get worse. Those boys! My god, those poor innocent boys!

I'm having a hard time believing there is any scenario in which they did not suffer horribly. I am sickened and horrified. I just can't take it in.

On the other hand, without a belief system, what is the point to any of us living? You see, if there is no heaven/hell, we all can do what we want - yes, even burn up our own children, and there will be no meaning to the act. EVERYBODY LIES, EVERYBODY DIES. I guess some chose to believe in a higher power to keep on going, while some struggle along as best they can. Then we have others who has lost faith and any fear, if they ever had it, if it had not been brutalized out of them - these are the ones who commit atrocities.

My opinion only

Many many atrocities are committed in the name of religion. It's the source of most of the conflict in the world. So I'm not even going there.
But the point of life? Why does there have to be one? Life is precious, I believe we have one life and have to live it the best we can and enjoy it. There doesn't have to be a reason. You don't have to have religion to have morals and be a good person etc. I'm an atheist I stick to my morals, the laws. I don't need a belief system to be a good person.
I understand how religion can be a great comfort to people, especially when crimes like this happen, but it's not something I can believe in just because it is better than the thought that there's nothing after life. Just my opinion.

No words. Just tears.

My opinion only

I would find life a far harder struggle if I had to force myself to believe a higher power allowed this to happen as part of some grand scheme. I find a lot more comfort knowing people like JP are genetic mistakes, random mutations. I would be horrified to have to live in a scheme in which JP and SP were created deliberately by some higher power as part of some master plan. No thank you. What a terrifying world this would be if that were true.

Vile. Just vile. These new details really are too much to take.
I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but it's been bugging me. I don't believe in heaven/hell so I don't think they've gone to 'a better place'. A better place would be for them to be alive now, not dead but living the long (and hopefully happy) lives they would have had ahead of them. But no, this hideous excuse of a man has taken that away from them in the most horrid way and that's despicable to me.

I don't believe in an afterlife either. To me, he snuffed out their existence like they were just bugs. They've missed out on it all: College. Love. Finding meaning and purpose to their lives. It hurts all the more.

I just finished reading the last thread and have just started here. My "thank you" button finger is exhausted, so THANK YOU all for your heart-felt posts.

I woke up to the news that the boys were "chopped at" causing significant damage. So, the terror started before they died. They knew daddy was hurting them, their last thoughts.

I'm just bawling my eyes out over the horror.''

God bless Charlie and Braden. May He keep them safe in His arms.

I don't understand the turning off the utilities in his emails. Why would that have mattered ?

This is terrible. I was hoping at least the boys didn't know what hit them when the house blew up. And I'm wondering if Susan's "owie" was a blow to the chest with an axe. :(

Today I awaken more sad that I thought I could be yesterday morning. I am sick to the point I may need to head to the bathroom to vomit.

These little boy's suffered... the explosion they most certainly would of died from but to hatchet them before.. and the hatchet didnt kill them.. therefore they suffered more minutes that seconds.

Josh had no hatchet wounds.. so one more reason.. coward.. he let himself blow up and suffered maybe 20 seconds or less.. but inflicted the full two minutes before the explosion for the boys to suffer.

They must have immediatly been voilently held down.. while one of them watched and was next.

I know this post is sicking that I am writing in the senario I assume. It is reality.

My heart is breaking this morning.. ohhhh my gosh.. what a horrible story.

RIP little angels.. but this NEVER should of happened...

What pictures are they referring to?????
The breaking point for Josh Powell, Cox believes, was last week's court hearing in which a judge ordered the Coxes to retain custody of the children and also ordered Powell to undergo a psychosexual evaluation.

"He lost control of the children. He was sure he was going to get them back by just claiming to take care of the issues … When he realized he really didn't, and those pictures came out from his computer … I think that was it. He knew that it was over," Cox said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=191...-head-before-house-explosion&s_cid=featured-1

Hi tiredblondy!

Here's the article regarding the pictures.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=190...have-psychosexual-evaluation&s_cid=featured-1

HTH

wm
wm

Oh my. I guess we will never know what goes on in the mind of a madman. I really think he thought he could kill the children before the fire to spare them that. The photo of him at the last Court hearing told me he had not been sleeping, for a very long time. He had flipped. Not saying he was okay before, b/c he was not. Just saying when you push a person that is already kind of off their rocker, it only gets worse.

I think he was nuts, some of it was his upbringing. How would he know it was not right if it was all he knew. Then he gets out into the world and there it is. He finds out all that he thinks is normal is wrong. I think he was also incapable of accepting certain aspects of himself, that would have come out with the psycho-sexual evaluation. He clearly didn't love Susan, or the children, or being responsible for having to take care of them. He lost it in '09 and went totally off the cliff before the last hearing.

As sad as it is, and as angry as it makes us, this man was mentally ill. Not saying that as any kind of excuse for him, as I don't think he deserves any excuses. Just saying I see it, from the not even kissing his wife and making her grow their food. That is when it began. We will never understand fully. I don't think we would want to if it meant having to fully comprehend it all.

I don't understand the turning off the utilities in his emails. Why would that have mattered ?

Perhaps that was one part of his mind that was asking someone to stop him before he finished. Just the emails were out too late for anyone to stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member