Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh's aunt has been living with and taking care of Josh's brothers and sister who are living in the home while Steve is in jail.

Jennifer Graves said she has spoken with her mother, who isn’t coping well. Graves said Terrica Powell’s sister, who lives in Washington, has been tending to the other adult Powell siblings — Alina, Michael and John — as the family tries to move forward with potential funeral arrangements.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53456478-78/powell-graves-josh-terrica.html.csp

The leader of this family, which IMO operated like a cult, has been sent to jail. The sister is now free. The one brother (who walks around the house naked) obviously has some issues and needs a caretaker, but why does the sister or other brother require "care"? I am seriously asking this question and not being snarky. Is there some reason why they require "care"?

I don't find it understandable.

I find it disgraceful and disrespectful to the true, innocent victims.

What I would find understandable is being in denial, but to give a public statement full of blame on others, sorry.... I can't understand that.

JMO

Powell family members who have not been tied directly to this crime or Susan's crime are victims as well until circumstances change. WS is victim friendly and we dont bash victims of crimes.

The leader of this family, which IMO operated like a cult, has been sent to jail. The sister is now free. The one brother (who walks around the house naked) obviously has some "issues" and needs a caretaker, but why does the sister require "care"? I am seriously asking this question and not being snarky. Is there some reason why she requires "care"?

Let's see if we can find or start a thread about the Powell family dynamics.

I believe there is evil in this world.

I believe we have seen this evil.

I believe these boys are now in the arms of the Angels.

I believe God is trying to tell me something.

I believe I will listen until I understand.

BBM

I believe these children had a hellish future ahead of them despite all the efforts of the Cox family to keep them safe. Even if the Cox's maintained custody the next time, Josh would have just kept on fighting and never given those children a moment's peace. I believe they have been removed from a more horrible future while I know that's hard to fanthom. Josh Powell couldn't have his children and he was never going to be content to let anyone else have them.

Things were so bad with my family after my Mom died that I found myself saying 'thank God she's gone and doesn't have to deal with this anymore.' I find myself saying that about these children. They will never have to deal with their sorry excuse for a daddy again.

They have lost their lives and it is the horror of horrors but now they are with their Mother and there are no tears in heaven.

Powell family members who have not been tied directly to this crime or Susan's crime are victims as well until circumstances change. WS is victim friendly and we dont bash victims of crimes.

I understand and I am normally one of MOST respectful posters regarding the family of victims.

But, She made the statement.
It's in MSM.

We can't say we find the public satement disgraceful and disrespectul?

I'm not bashing her as a person. I'm disagreeing with the statement.

They don't pay for "interviews" they pay for photos. That's how media gets away with claiming that they don't pay for "interviews."
Understood...I'm just trying to figure out where he got money from...

Washington State CPS to review case . . . .

"The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) plans to conduct what it terms a child-fatality review. "We really look at the service delivery with the case. Was there anything we can learn about what happened? It's not necessary to see what went wrong, but how were services delivered. Is there something we can learn?" said Sharon Gilbert, deputy director for field operations at Children's Administration, which is part of DSHS."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017435088_dshs06m.html

The Powell's are victims as well-I am uncomfortable with people bashing them. Josh's father is a charged perp who has been tied to Susan's disappearance in MSM and by LE, so he is fair game imo.

I dont believe it is fair to lump everyone else in with the two of them.

I have trouble finding sympathy for those relatives that defend him by saying he was a victim of "cyber-bullying" and that's the reason he did what he did. Shades of Van der Sloot. Such infuriating nonsense. They'd do well to keep their mouths shut. JMO

IF JP was arrested and charged, then the children could have had a perfectly bright future.

I understand and I am normally one of MOST respectful posters regarding the family of victims.

But, She made the statement.
It's in MSM.

We can't say we find the public satement disgraceful and disrespectul?

I'm not bashing her as a person. I'm disagreeing with the statement.

Your OP contained a statement about the true innocent victims of Josh's crime.

Until LE says otherwise, she is a victim as well.

Of course her statement is open for opinion and discussion.

Washington State CPS to review case . . . .

"The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) plans to conduct what it terms a child-fatality review. "We really look at the service delivery with the case. Was there anything we can learn about what happened? It's not necessary to see what went wrong, but how were services delivered. Is there something we can learn?" said Sharon Gilbert, deputy director for field operations at Children's Administration, which is part of DSHS."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017435088_dshs06m.html

I can come up with quite a few things DSHS could learn without doing any reviews.

Let's not forget the Powell family members have to accept that a family member, JP, is a murderer. Not only the shock of his death, but of the children, and Susan. That is a lot to accept. The first stage is denial, then anger. I can understand that. Just b/c one person or more in a family have severe issues and act on them, does not mean all persons in the family do. I don't like what was said, but at the moment it is understandable.

JMO--I agree it may take awhile to process.
Down the road it may sink in that outrage, upset, whatever isn't going to change the fact that Josh Powell will forever be known as a shockingly cruel killer of children.

The leader of this family, which IMO operated like a cult, has been sent to jail. The sister is now free. The one brother (who walks around the house naked) obviously has some issues and needs a caretaker, but why does the sister or other brother require "care"? I am seriously asking this question and not being snarky. Is there some reason why they require "care"?

I interpreted it as meaning she was caring for them in their time of grief. I assume they are overcome with these events, and must now also deal with practical issues (such as funeral, etc.).

I started a discussion thread for the statements being made to the media by the family members of Josh Powell.

Please break out the discussion from this thread and post about it [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162099"]HERE[/ame]

I understand your point, and her statement is open for discussion sure. But she was exercising her right to address her pain and her anger, like everyone is doing here. She is telling it how she sees it, just like everyone is doing here.

I wouldnt let her bash any of you here for expressing your opinion.

Until the circumstances change, she is a victim of this crime as well.

Bolded by me

Now that makes perfect sense. I like the way you moderate.

I know we all feel a little insane today and it's hard to reel our feelings in. I'll just try to watch my words knowing that you all feel like screaming, too.

I still can’t believe this happened and cannot even bring myself to think about him using an axe on those poor children, it’s just too horrible. I don’t think he should have even been allowed to see the kids! He was being investigated for inappropriate images on his computer and was ordered to take a psychosexual test by the court, not to mention that he had those boys previously living with his sick perverted father. He deserves worse than just rotting in h*ll!

Bolded by me

Now that makes perfect sense. I like the way you moderate.

I know we all feel a little insane today and it's hard to reel our feelings in. I'll just try to watch my words knowing that you all feel like screaming, too.

:hug: I would give almost anything not to be moderating or posting about this subject...and I know the rest of you feel the same way. :please:

Thank you for asking. I wondered the same thing.

And I'm sure JP was unable to continue after losing pops and then the boys.

Who was he suppose to control or be controlled by??? End of the road.

I wish the media would remove any and ALL photos of this thing with those precious boys. No pictures need to be shown of him laughing.:maddening:IMO>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member