Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrible, horrible story. From the little that I have read, I have no doubt that this was a reaction to the boys beginning to talk about the camping trip. I think he probably realised that his time was running out. His website, by the way, is absolutely chilling. The bit about her families actions making it too difficult to return in her current "emotional state" is about the coldest thing imaginable.

I feel terrible for the worker who took the children to that house. All she was doing was her job. Nobody wakes up in the morning expecting their day to end with something so horrific.

....can someone tell me if josh was employed...and if not....how was affording his lifestyle....as the sheriff said...THIS IS EVIL...LETS NOT MISTAKE IT....

Stupid question. The news keeps saying this was a supervised visit. Who was supervising? Is that person dead too? I am confused by this.

Can you just imagine being this social worker, whose job it was to take these boys to this father, a murderer .... when she suddenly realizes that the smell she takes in as she turns around is the smell of gasoline fumes?

Same with those darling innocent children on the other side of the door. Doomed after just a few steps...

I'm sickened.

Stupid question. The news keeps saying this was a supervised visit. Who was supervising? Is that person dead too? I am confused by this.

No, she's still alive. The kids ran ahead, he took them into the house and blocked entry to her.

CPS SocialWorker was supervising, Josh pushed her away from entering the house, locked the door with himself and the boys inside and blew the place up.
I read that the SW was banging on the doors and windows as the house was on fire.

Oh no. I just found out they are gone. The last I heard was yesterday evening, breaking news on our local station, that the house had blown and it was thought Josh did that. No word on Josh and the children. I went to be thinking he blew up the house b/c of evidence in it or under it. Now I find out they are all gone. So very sad. I guess it was not unexpected, especially since the boys were finally able to talk about mom in the trunk, then mom and dad going away from the auto and mom not coming back. I'm sure the slimeball had this all planned for some time as his out. I know most of us thought it and so did the Grandparents.

I hope the Grandparents and other remaining loved ones can somehow go on and somehow heal. They did everything they possibly could, including giving those lovely boys a bit of a real and good life.

Can you just imagine being this social worker, whose job it was to take these boys to this father, a murderer .... when she suddenly realizes that the smell she takes in and she turns around is the smell of gasoline fumes?

Same with the those darling innocent children on the other side of the door. Doomed after just a few steps...

I'm sickened.

This, so much. The boys are beyond harm or pain now, but that woman is going to remember this every day for the rest of her life. This guy hasn't only destroyed Susan and her boys and Susan's family and friends, he's also left that woman with something that will probably give her nightmares for the rest of her life. I'm not sure how you even begin to get over witnessing something so horrible.

We are seeing what an evil man does years after he killed his wife. He was like a cornered rat, his way to punish Susan's parents for being so good and and caring to those boys. He will be held acountable in the highest court

"Let's not refer to this please, in public, as a tragedy.

This was not a tragedy.

This was a horrible murder of two little kids.

Let's call it what it is, which is something deeply wrong, which is not a tragedy, which is something evil.

This is going to hurt everybody's heart who's been involved.

This is a horrible, heart-breaking situation."

Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor

Powerful, powerful words.

Now josh powell has proven what we all suspected; he is a murderer.

ITA.

My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the Cox family.

There are no words to express the rage, heartache, and sadness that I'm feeling over this narcissistic coward taking the lives of his children. I can't even imagine what it is like for those that loved Susan and her boys.

How could he do this to his kids?

Can someone tell me if there has been any word from jail where the other subhuman resides?

I would like to know this too. Who was it supposed to be? Couldn't be SP. Was it the social worker? Was it a neighbor? Family member? Friend?

...THE SUBHUMAN is on suicide watch....goodness i would love to watch him...i'm afraid i would be the BLIND MAN.........

I would like to know this too. Who was it supposed to be? Couldn't be SP. Was it the social worker? Was it a neighbor? Family member? Friend?

One of the articles linked upthread said it was a social worker and that Josh slammed and locked the door before she could enter the house, after which she smelled gas and then the explosion happened. (Not 100% sure the social worker was female, but I believe ghat's what it said.)

No it's not a neighbor or family member. A case worker was supervising.

He said emails Powell sent just prior to the blaze seemed to confirm that Powell planned the deadly blast. Troyer didn't elaborate on the content of the emails.

From the link posted by momtective. We know of one email to his attorney. Were there others? If so, who did he send them to? I'd love to know what he said in those other ones.

FWIW, I don't believe the one to his attorney only had those three words, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member