Jr's custody issue arising from Ron's arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to leave this thread alone! At this time it's rumors! I'm not getting a TO! Carry One

Rumors have been swirling all week that hearing was held early this week regarding the custody status of Ronald Cummings Jr., the young brother of missing 6-year-old Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings. He is the son of Ronald Cummings Sr, who is now in jail on drug trafficking charges, and Crystal Sheffield of Baker County.

According to the rumors, Crystal Sheffield allegedly failed a drug test yet the young boy remains with her in her Baker County home.

"I will say yes that is true, all the other stuff on the internet came from the ones scorned (that is all I will say about them).

As I said, if something is prescribed, it's not a fail. Since a "failed" drug test is being reported, then it must not have been prescribed. We either have bad reporting or misinformation.

I am agreeing with you, a test should NOT be reported as a fail if the drugs were prescribed to her. Why is it being reported as a fail?

Replace the word failed with positive.
If the rumor is true at all she tested postive for opiates.
The drug testing facility only has one job; to report whether the test is positive or negative. They are not in the business of determining pass or fail. That is up the courts, your rehab doctor, your employer, etc.....

Even in a jobscreening drug test where they ask you what meds you are on the report that goes back to your employer is that you are positive for opiates and then the employer can choose whether to verify the legitimaticy of an opiate prescription.

In this case it would be up to the governing body that is administering the test whether she is legitimately positive for opiates or not, and whether being prescribed opiates is even acceptable under the terms of her supervision.

Postive drug test- check
Failure to comply with the terms of her agreement- yet to be determined

(though one could surmise from the inaction of cps at this point assuming this is even true at all).

My guess is semi-accurate reporting of a semi-true rumor presented in the most dramatic presentation possible. Drama equals higher traffic and higher number of hits on your website. moo

Well, I don't see fist fights with the other half's family resulting in an arrest, headless rats being put in a mailbox, failed LDT's ,LVAs or hypnosis, any road rage incidents with kids in the car, no being arrested for drug trafficking. What is all the fuss about ?

Maybe she took an Advil or a Motrin. When a relative of mine was on probation for drugs, he didn't even dare use an inhaler for his bad lungs.

Posted: Saturday, 06 February 2010 7:17AM

"Snip" TJ Hart http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6301020.php

*snip*

Marie Griffis responded:

"I will say yes that is true, all the other stuff on the internet came from the ones scorned (that is all I will say about them). "

*snip*

If this means that Ron's family is trying to make trouble for Crystal and JR. over prescribed medicines they've got some nerve considering that their finest and dearest is in jail for trafficking illegal substances.

If there is some reason for concern about Jr., please contact the authorities and leave the internet out of it. He has been through enough already.

<rant edited to avoid Banned Camp>
Whatever happened to responsible journalism??

Uncertain about CS's lattes Drug test. Jr to stay in her care and is doing OK.

OT. I thought this was about someone slipping something into Crystal's coffee. lol

Well, I don't see fist fights with the other half's family resulting in an arrest, headless rats being put in a mailbox, failed LDT's ,LVAs or hypnosis, any road rage incidents with kids in the car, no being arrested for drug trafficking. What is all the fuss about ?

It doesn't do anyone any good to excuse Crystal's drug problem by pointing to the dysfunctional behaviour of Misty Croslin and Ron Cummings. We aren't supposed to takes sides. Me, I'm rooting that at least one parent or grandparent gets his or her act together so that all of the children involved have some chance at being more healthy and stable than Ron, Crystal, Misty and the rest of that generation. I hope that someone breaks the cycle. Since Crystal isn't in jail and facing prison time, she's their best hope. I hope she gets clean, gets counseling, and stays clean. But addictions are very tough monsters to battle. All of these young people with demonstrable addiction issues (Crystal, Misty, her brother) will have a lifetime struggle to stay sober. The same applies to Ron, if his anger issues, etc., are fueled by one drug or another; we have yet to see a failed drug test with him but birds of a feather flock together. All of these people need a boatload of counseling, and at least three of them should be in real, serious, rehab (Crystal, Misty, and Hank, Jr.).

Let's hope that Crystal can get counseling for her and JR.
JR has been through so much in his little life.
He needs his mom and stability.
JR deserves a good life.
I hope that Crystal can stay clean for her babies.
She doesn't have to worry about the Cumming bullies........
they are in jail and the others may end up there also

It doesn't do anyone any good to excuse Crystal's drug problem by pointing to the dysfunctional behaviour of Misty Croslin and Ron Cummings. We aren't supposed to takes sides. <snipped>
I don't see an excuse and the only side I have in this bottom of the swamp mudfest is Haleigh's.

Fact - Haleigh went missing after Ron left her in the care of a drug addled underage teenage lover. His Mother even offered to pay her to take care of those kids that evening even though she did not want to take care of them. Ron's Mother knew she had been on a three day binder but didn't seem upset by it anymore than Ron was.

Result - Haleigh went missing and the other child has been exposed to more garbage in his very young life than any child should ever see.

Care to explain to me how any of that relates to Crystal because quite frankly I don't see how this latest revelation about Crystal is relevant to the above nor do I see it as surprising.

I just wanted to point out that Lortab is the same thing as Vicoden, is the same thing as Hydrocodone, is the same thing that Misty and Ronald are accused of selling. It is a highly addictive drug whether it is prescribed or not. She probably had a legit reason for the prescription but having addiction issues in the past is a good reason not to ever take this drug. Most doctors would not prescribe it for a patient that has or has had addiction problems.

I am not going to give this too much weight, as far as I'm concerned JR is with the better parent...by far.

What I gathered from the article is CS took loritab that is NOT presecribed to her.. Her mother(if the journalist is truthful and NOT writing out of context) said "I will say that is true" to ME meaning yes she did fail a test due to loritab, and like stated IF the loritab was prescribed it would not be considered "fail". The rest of what CS "says" to me says yes she made a mistake and is seeking help. That is just how I understood it...

I see positive things here, if true. It sounds like Crystal is in therapy and the whole family is in therapy. Crystal's classes might be for her GED or they may be rehab related, I don't know. A small relapse can be a positive thing if it gets a good DFCS agency involved and the parent really works the program. The whole fam damly (as Mama used to say) needs help.

It would be so great if Crystal can overcome those bad years and become the person she deserves to be. I am rooting for her with all my heart.

I have it on good authority that Crystal's latte preference is a low foam, low fat, extra hot, double shot of espresso vanilla caramel latte.

As far as anything else, her son remains with her and is doing well according to his grandmother, who is demonstrating a responsibility to the public's concern and need-to-know, because I believe, she understands that we've all cared about this little guy from the first moment we heard about him.

Keep up the good work, Crystal. There are people out here who continue to believe in your ability to not only change your life, but improve your child's. Bless you, young lady.

You can fail a drug test with a prescribed med is one of the terms of your agreement (that you are being tested under to begin with) is that you will not be taking any narcotics.

If a doctor then prescribes pain meds to you for a legit reason, or you take a pill from a pre-exisiting prescription you are still in violation of the terms of your agreement.

Or the other way to look at is she "failed" the test in black and white terms of the meds being present, but she is not being penalized by losing her kids because it was prescribed and that prescription has been verified.

A patient in treatment for, or with a narcotic addiction would never be prescribed narcotics for pain if the prescribing physician knew of the treatment or addiction.
So if CS is RX shopping and a known abuser, that's a problem.

I don't trust the media though and know they fabricate headlines. I've had 2 personal experiences with the the media where what was reported or they attempted to report was a fabricated lie. The first, I made comment to a reporter on the street on a filibuster that was happening in our Provincial House of Parliament. They used the audio only and had edited my comments to make it sound like I was answering a question I was never asked. When I called to complain, the best they would offer was a retraction.
The second involved the local food bank not having any food on their shelves. I was on the Board and agreed to be interviewed in hopes of garnering donations. The crew asked to come to my home and I agreed. The reporter advised me she wanted the film crew to empty all of the food from my cupboards except for a can of soup. She would then interview me as I opened and heated the last can of soup and fed it to my children. It will be really powerful she said. You'll be on TV. I refused and she repeated several times but you'll get to be on TV. Oblivious was this woman to the fact that I'd be on TV suggesting to millions that my children were at risk, I had squandered the child support and was unfit to help her sell a story about the food bank. I kicked her and her crew out of my house.
So the media is to be taken with a grain of salt IMHO. They lie, they fabricate, they enhance and drop fake bombshells daily.

JR is safe. That's the pearl to be gleaned from that article IMO.

Let's also note Marie was HONEST about it. They didn't lie like the other side likes to do. I wish Crystal and butterbean all the best. She is only human...we all make mistakes. JMO

BBM

If the only drug in her system was prescribed, as far as I concerned, she has cleaned up her problem. I don't understand your statement.

All of ANS's drugs were prescribed. But I understand the point you were making. Just sayin...

It doesn't do anyone any good to excuse Crystal's drug problem by pointing to the dysfunctional behaviour of Misty Croslin and Ron Cummings. We aren't supposed to takes sides. Me, I'm rooting that at least one parent or grandparent gets his or her act together so that all of the children involved have some chance at being more healthy and stable than Ron, Crystal, Misty and the rest of that generation. I hope that someone breaks the cycle. Since Crystal isn't in jail and facing prison time, she's their best hope. I hope she gets clean, gets counseling, and stays clean. But addictions are very tough monsters to battle. All of these young people with demonstrable addiction issues (Crystal, Misty, her brother) will have a lifetime struggle to stay sober. The same applies to Ron, if his anger issues, etc., are fueled by one drug or another; we have yet to see a failed drug test with him but birds of a feather flock together. All of these people need a boatload of counseling, and at least three of them should be in real, serious, rehab (Crystal, Misty, and Hank, Jr.).

IMHO you forgot to mention Ron C.. You may not think he has any problems with drugs because he has never failed a drug test, but I have seen him stoned out of his gord in at least three interviews since Haleigh disappeared...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member