Judge Sasser was associate with Tharington-Smith

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think the defense attorneys do their homework and know the background of each judge? If I were a client of such a law firm that did not do their due diligence I would consider them incompetent.

BTW, Judge Debra Sasser was elected 11/04 and her term expires this year (11/2008). District court judicial terms are 4 years.

is she running for re-election?

OMG!!! :floorlaugh: SG, I didn't see this coming from you....it has just taken me by surprise.:eek:
Originally Posted by SleuthyGal
The girls are living with the Listers (Krista & Jim) with visits from their grandparents. What makes you think anything was wrong with the Rentz' children's upbringing? There were 4 Rentz offspring...now 3. I suppose alternatively the kids could grow up w/Brad, and learn about having sex in a closet with a spouse's best friend and a coworker's wife while 3 kids under the age of 3 are unsupervised in their house and then learn how to lie about it for a year.

well said.

same reaction as mom, OMG! :blowkiss:

shack, there's so much we don't know about other people's lives & we can only make our best guesses, given the information that we do have. what we do know about nancy's family is that they cared a great deal for each other, all of the in-laws describe the Rentz's as "family" that they love spending time with, etc.

Many of us can have fine upbringing, but with enough stress, any of us can make mistakes, bad choices, & inappropriate, unfaithful behavior. I always figure that with the right combination of circumstances, many of us who think of ourselves as faithful, loyal, good people could "fall" & do stupid things that we regret.

wanted to add that everybody does the best that they can, nobody is perfect, and the listers are extremely working closely with professionals & child psychologists so that they can provide the absolute best care for these children who have been through tons of trauma.

most important, they are providing a SAFE, SECURE, STABLE, & NURTURING environment. the girls needs to feel safe physically, emotionally, & they have done well with the listers

Yes, she is unopposed. The 2004 election was quite contested.

i'm glad she's unopposed, and that she'll be re-elected. does that mean, do you know, that she'd be the same judge that re-examines custody issues down-the-road for the cooper girls?

and, didn't think about this before, but is there a date re another custody hearing?

In 2004, Debra Sasser received campaign donations from Wade Smith and his wife, $125 each, and $125 each from Roger Smith and his wife (Roger is also an attorney for Tharrington and Smith).

She received $250 each from Howard Kurtz and Seth Blum.

In total, she received $36,601.69 in donations (plus lots of in-kind from her firm and that of her husband's) and loans of $22,000.00. Donations of $100 or less do not have names listed.

Other donors can be found here
http://www.app.sboe.state.nc.us/webapps/cf_rpt_search/cf_report_detail.aspx?RID=71457&TP=REC

Lots of attorneys. Also the Democratic party and women lawyer organizations. Nothing too shocking.

i'm glad she's unopposed, and that she'll be re-elected. does that mean, do you know, that she'd be the same judge that re-examines custody issues down-the-road for the cooper girls?

and, didn't think about this before, but is there a date re another custody hearing?

Don't know for either. Temporary custody decisions appear to be frequently reevaluated and would make sense that the case stay with the same judge.

In 2004, Debra Sasser received campaign donations from Wade Smith and his wife, $125 each, and $125 each from Roger Smith and his wife (Roger is also an attorney for Tharrington and Smith).

She received $250 each from Howard Kurtz and Seth Blum.

Well then! Note she got more money from K&B!

Well then! Note she got more money from K&B!

Not really. She got $500 total from the Smiths ($125 each from four people) and $500 total from K&B. If you want to be picky, K&B were more forthcoming in their donations because they did them in their own name rather than the facade of using their spouse for half the donation. That said, I don't think any of this is relevant. She raised money from the usual sources.

In contrast, her former employment with T-S may well have colored how she viewed the evidence but I withhold any judgment until reading her written order. I've never seen an order made public before the order was actually written. Seems very strange to me but perhaps that is common.

Originally Posted by SleuthyGal
The girls are living with the Listers (Krista & Jim) with visits from their grandparents. What makes you think anything was wrong with the Rentz' children's upbringing? There were 4 Rentz offspring...now 3. I suppose alternatively the kids could grow up w/Brad, and learn about having sex in a closet with a spouse's best friend and a coworker's wife while 3 kids under the age of 3 are unsupervised in their house and then learn how to lie about it for a year.

well said.

same reaction as mom, OMG! :blowkiss:

I worry that they are living with the Listers. Not that I think they are bad people. But how closely does the twin sister resemble their Mother. I would think that would be very confusing to two little girls. In fact, I read a comment made from one of the family members stating that she looked like their Mother so it was a comfort to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay