Judges double Oscar Pistorius' sentence to 13 years, 5 months - 24. Nov. 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read it to mean they can do both tomorrow L2L.

Thanks so much for clarifying, Tortoise! You are right; it does indeed say they can do both... gives sigh of relief! Can't imagine what more either side could say that hasn't already been said (whinged by Roux) by both parties. But please.....God forbid, that it could go back to Masipa again! Waiting with bated breath....

I’ve grabbed the best of Nick van der Leek’s tweets.

Justice Lamont: Why didn't he warn, get out or I'll shoot.

"Who would do that?" Justice Lamont refers to absurdity of burglar breaking in, slamming door and imprisoning himself.

Justice Meyer: But Mr Roux let's just stick to the point. Let's deal with remorse and regret. What's the explanation?

Meyer agitated: "Why impose a death sentence on who was in that cubicle?" That was Oscar's harsh sentence. Shouldn't he get harsh sentence?

Justice Fikile Mokogohloa weighs in for first time as Roux goes on about #OscarPistorius "anxiety disorder".The other Oscar was an Olympian.

Justice Ronnie Bosielo clips Barry's wing re: anxiety justification. "I think we've exhausted this. We've noted this."

Justice Meyer: "Isn't it true when it comes to serious crimes, retribution and deterrence come to the fore?"

Roux: He didn't mean to kill the person he killed. Meyer and Lamont pounce on this.

Roux just shot himself in foot: "How can he have remorse for killing intruder? Of course he doesn't have remorse."

Meyer adamant that #OscarPistorius not testifying during sentencing demonstrates no real remorse. I agree. Remember he was on ITv then.

Roux on #OscarPistorius' severe post traumatic stress disorder during sentencing hearing last year. Again, ptsd didnt prevent TV exclusive.

Holy cr*p. Now Barry citing all the warm fuzzy stuff not recorded in court transcript. What about the prism of facts Barry?

Roux reiterating the "tormented" and "broken man" narrative. #OscarPistorius Not so broke though that he can't afford you Mr. Roux.

Johnson brings back the able-bodied Oscar, the I-am-the-bullet-in-the-chamber Nike Oscar with strong coping skills. The other#OscarPistorius

https://twitter.com/HiRezLife
Big thanks JJ.

I just saw the news pop up...wow....finally after all this, justice for Reeva and her family.
Unbelievable.....I followed this case from the beginning, it enraged me so much.
What was that first judge's name.....she was beyond belief.

my god.. 13 1/2 years.. I'm adding in all the time he has had to spend worrying about it, fretting about it, hoping about it, lying about it, pretending about it..

a just sentence , all things considered..

fond regards to all, all contributors going back years, this thing took so long. . All respect to Reeva's family, and may Oscar's family in time repent and regret their ill chosen road that added immeasurably to the Steenkamp family tragedy.

So. Oscar Pistorious is a premeditated killer, officially. Not a clever one, just an ordinary premeditated killer.

I just saw the news pop up...wow....finally after all this, justice for Reeva and her family.
Unbelievable.....I followed this case from the beginning, it enraged me so much.
What was that first judge's name.....she was beyond belief.

Judge Masipa.. I had all the faith in the world in her until she pronounced his original sentence.. I was gobsmacked.

Justice at last for what was clearly murder. I don't know if Masipa is still active but I sincerely hope she takes this on board and words fail me for Roux's behaviour during the trial. He dishonesty with the evidence, I hope, will be remembered. It is one thing to provide a good defence but entirely another to distort the truth.

I am extremely glad they upped his sentence.

But I have got to say---I sure would hate to be convicted in a trial in SA, be in prison, and then find out they are appealing for a HIGHER sentence...wow, that's got to be depressing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back