Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval Thread #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine that Oscar wishes fervently that he had never tried to compete with the State of the Republic of South Africa in the matter of who is allowed to kill whom.

I have a feeling that he still believes that he is going to "win" this "competition" at the end of the trial. Otherwise, IMO, he would have just admitted to his wrongdoings concerning those other gun/ammunition charges when he was on the stand.

MOO

Thank you I understand that sad is an emotion and overcome is a qualifier that is the crux of my posting about the difference between sad and overcome with sadness. There is a world of difference when it comes to the two statements.

“Overcome” can incorporate a myriad of other things in that it is a qualifier.

It could be as Cri believes that Oscar misspoke, personally I believe Oscar’s response upon seeing Reeva being put into words while in the box, being “overcome with sadness” is in keeping of what we know of Oscar’s personality. He is a fighter, his first words in his autobiography are “The real loser is never the person who crosses the finish line last. The real loser is the person who does not even try to compete.”

Looking at it from a psychological perspective Oscar was no longer in the race, there was nothing he could do, so he was “overcome with sadness” as I am sure subconsciously he knew Reeva had unsurvivable wounds even if didn’t consciously acknowledge so in the moment of first seeing her.

BBM1 - Those aren't his words, that is a quote from the letter his mother wrote to him before she had his legs amputated.

BBM2 - That is an absurd statement. If he truly had accidentally shot her, he would have screamed in horror when he saw what he had done. He would have tried in vain to revive her. He would have called netcare FIRST, not a friend. He would have intentionally set his house alarm off to alert neighbors and authorities he needed help. There were A LOT of thing he would have done other than quietly being "overcome with sadness" if his version was at all true.

Have you discussed his autobiography's relevant content with anyone else here who has read it? Has anyone else read it here?

what is relevant in Oscars 'autobiography"..> which, of course, is not an autobiography.. an autobiography is written by the person , about the person.

Oscar's 'autobiography ' ( I use this term as it seems one that is being consistently used in error , merely for convenience) is not written word by word by Oscar..

I can only imagine that Oscar wishes fervently that he had never tried to compete with the State of the Republic of South Africa in the matter of who is allowed to kill whom.

I don't think Oscar decided to compete with SA in the matter of who is allowed to kill who. I think belittles the case as if it were some type of game, which in turn diminishes the loss of Reeva's life.

Oscar claims he believed that there was an intruder in his home his defense is putative self defense he is not in a competition for a medal.

I'm still curious about that first trip OP made upstairs after Dr. Stipp had checked on Reeva and said that she was dead. Why did he go upstairs and why did OP and both of the Standers omit that trip from their testimony?

Oscar's 'biography' is nothing more than the usual pulp stuff sportspeople do when on a winning streak.. its not as if Oscar himself wrote it. These things are done by their publicity people, who give the ghost writers bucketfuls of bumf and reams of races , times etc, and then sit back and wait for the ghost writer to make some sort of sellable book out of it.

Oscar himself admitted he was no academic at school, so its hardly likely that Oscar sat down in a little cubby house,and laboured away, pen to paper, conjuring up earth shattering prose to astound the masses..

it isn't the Bible of Oscar ..

I used to live next door to a fairly well-known sports person. I can safely say that she never wrote a word of her so-called autobiography. It was put together from tape-recorded chats with her ghost writer and a few telephone calls.

I'm still curious about that first trip OP made upstairs after Dr. Stipp had checked on Reeva and said that she was dead. Why did he go upstairs and why did OP and both of the Standers omit that trip from their testimony?

a hell of an annoyance.. there was something he had to do, once Dr Stipp had released his fingers that were shoved down Reeva's throat, because it was immediately after that when Oscar made that trip upstairs..

I don't think Oscar decided to compete with SA in the matter of who is allowed to kill who. I think belittles the case as if it were some type of game, which in turn diminishes the loss of Reeva's life.

Oscar claims he believed that there was an intruder in his home his defense is putative self defense he is not in a competition for a medal.

He's the one who allegedly said to the police "I always win". :cool:

No but he is "fighting for his life".

Let's look at it from the other side for a minute. Let's say that OP intended to kill Reeva, knew that she was the one in the toilet. Instead of saying that he intended to kill an "intruder" and take his jail time/probation, he is trying to walk away with no punishment whatsoever. If OP really, truly thought that an intruder was in his home and he sincerely shot and killed Reeva by mistake, then why not admit this straight away instead of taking the case to court? Why not admit to the guns/ammunition charges straight away instead of saying he was not guilty to those in court?

OP is behaving like a man who expects to walk away from this without any jail time and/or probation at all. OP is behaving/speaking as if this is the competition of his life.

MOO

BBM1 - Those aren't his words, that is a quote from the letter his mother wrote to him before she had his legs amputated.

BBM2 - That is an absurd statement. If he truly had accidentally shot her, he would have screamed in horror when he saw what he had done. He would have tried in vain to revive her. He would have called netcare FIRST, not a friend. He would have intentionally set his house alarm off to alert neighbors and authorities he needed help. There were A LOT of thing he would have done other than quietly being "overcome with sadness" if his version was at all true.

We will have to agree to disagree I have worked with folks who have been traumatized and I would never be so bold as to assert what a response to such an event as Oscar has described would be. It in MO is irresponsible to do so.

I used to live next door to a fairly well-known sports person. I can safely say that she never wrote a word of her so-called autobiography. It was put together from tape-recorded chats with her ghost writer and a few telephone calls.

lending libraries have shelves full of stuff like that.. its an industry that appeals to a certain segment of the population. . mainly kids. Olympic fans are big borrowers..... not that I mean big in comparison to the general population.

Very few last the distance. the athlete fades, the book goes in the discard bin.. move on to the next.

We will have to agree to disagree I have worked with folks who have been traumatized and I would never be so bold as to assert what a response to such an event as Oscar has described would be. It in MO is irresponsible to do so.

I have a sincere question. How many of those folks have placed the blame of any and everything on someone/anyone else instead of owning their own wrongdoings over and over and over again?

Human emotions and reactions are not as uniform as it seems many would like to believe, some people would have gone into shock, some people would have gone into denial, some people would have tried to fix things.

I have stood next the bed where a mother insisted that if she could just warm her daughter up she would come back to life, (not even that really she insisted that she was not dead but just cold) she insisted that she wouldn't get out of the bed without her, the human mind while prone to certain reactions is a mystery as is behavior in an extreme situation.

So that is what a **mom** would do (and she probably didn't kill her child) so what do you think murdering Narcissistic Psychopaths do?

(the answer is of course, come up with a script that dismisses the truth because it's always all about winning for them--something along the lines of what we've been seeing here).

Have you discussed his autobiography's relevant content with anyone else here who has read it? Has anyone else read it here?

I hope the judge hasn`t read it because it might compromise her objectivity. If this was a jury trial, a potential juror who has read OP`s autobiography and is sympathetic towards him would probably be rejected by the prosecution in the selection process.

worked with traumatized folks in what capacity?? brain surgeon?? occupational therapist? radiologist?? care worker?

I have a sincere question. How many of those folks have placed the blame of any and everything on someone/anyone else instead of owning their own wrongdoings over and over and over again?

I've tried it on a few times..

didn't work,.....haven't really had the opportunity to do it over and over again.. I live and work with sane people, probably that's why.

The only one I think I can remember saying that they had read it is Shane (?) something or other if I remember correctly.

IMO it gives a huge insight into Oscar's mind as well as the two letters that are included at the end of the book written by his brother and his dad. A very interesting family dynamic to say the least. That it was written long before he killed Reeva makes it all the more a valid barometer of his natural mindset.

lending libraries have shelves full of stuff like that.. its an industry that appeals to a certain segment of the population. . mainly kids. Olympic fans are big borrowers..... not that I mean big in comparison to the general population.

Very few last the distance. the athlete fades, the book goes in the discard bin.. move on to the next.

Same with pop stars and zelebs. Christmas present books which do very well and earn a few extra £££. Carpe diem and all that.

The only one I think I can remember saying that they had read it is Shane (?) something or other if I remember correctly.

IMO it gives a huge insight into Oscar's mind as well as the two letters that are included at the end of the book written by his brother and his dad. A very interesting family dynamic to say the least. That it was written long before he killed Reeva makes it all the more a valid barometer of his natural mindset.

I haven't read it, but as I mentioned above, such books are usually churned out at the height of a personality's success to milk the fans of a few £££, and provide families & friends with a Christmas present solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano