Juror questions for Alyce LaViolette: what is your opinion?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Based on the questions asked by the Jury of Alyce LaViolette how are you feeling?

• They are paying attention and completely get the state's case

Votes: 349 68.3%
  • They get it for the most part

Votes: 103 20.2%
  • They kind of get it: but I am still nervous

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • They are not buying the state's case and they benefit the defense

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Not sure/other

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
Thank you Schuby for posting these. I will traveling today when the rest of the questions are asked. I hope you continue you're postings of questions. This is one time I wish I had a fancy phone so I could listen while driving.

Thanks for posting all the questions. I think the jury is doing great with the questions. One of my favorites was about the magazines and JA wrote messages in them etc. I loved it cause it tells me they havnt forgot the little... but important things! and the secret codes shows she is still manipulating people from jail. very important.

I just re-read every single question and they are just so insightful as to what this jury is questioning!

I love it that they are also paying attention to body language in the courtroom

Here's a question I'd ask:

Q: Since you've determined Miss Arias is a victim of domestic abuse, does that preclude her from premeditating the killing of Travis Alexander? Yes or No

Some members of the jury seem to be broadcasting they have ALV's number and are seeing the BS spewing forth. Other members seem to be considering what ALV is saying and seeking to define JA/TA relationship and doing a bit of digging in. Not every question asked had me cheering, I'll tell you that. It was a mix across the spectrum. However, the snarky questions were tasty (chomp-chomp) and I'm still picking the crumbs from those out of my teeth this morning. :)

Here's a question I'd ask:

Q: Since you've determined Miss Arias is a victim of domestic abuse, does that preclude her from premeditating the killing of Travis Alexander? Yes or No

Good one!

Schuby? thank you so very much! all tho I work from home and can watch HLN, or live feed, I often times have to mute when work phone calls come through and so I miss a lot of whats going on in the court room..

Just wanted to say, you rock!
2ajt6w5.gif

I don't know if this has been mentioned but one thing that sticks out about the jury questions to ALV and the other doctor are that the questions are phrased in a way that the jury is taking all of the prosecutions information as FACT.

They believe everything Juan has told them (as they should).

Q: "You testified that when conducting a couple assessment, family of origin of both parties is pursued. You pursued family of origin for Travis in assessing him as a perpetrator. Why did you not pursue family of origin for Jodi, in assessing her as a victim?"

Schuby...I think the question was:
"You testified that when conducting a couple assessment, family of origin of both parties is pursued. You pursued family of origin for Travis in assessing him as a perpetrator, however, why did you not assess Jodi's family of origin, considering Jodi as a possible perpetrator of abuse rather than as a victim."

Thanks for writing all this down!

character assassination noun

Definition of CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

: the slandering of a person usually with the intention of destroying public confidence in that person
Examples of character assassination:
None of those rumors are true. She's been the victim of character assassination.
<the actor's lawyers charge that the tabloid engaged in a deliberate campaign of character assassination>

Yep. Just name calling.

I do feel that the judge is prejudicial towards the defense. When asking some of the more probing questions of ALV that have a slant towards supporting the prosecution, she looks disgusted and a few times she actually seemed to slam the offensive question down on her desk. Anyone else pick up on this?

I'm so perplexed by everyone's great reviews of the jury questions.

I find the jurors' questions full of Jodi this & Jodi that. Few of them have "the defendant" or "Ms. Arias" but the majority seems to be on a 1st name basis with a butcher.

How do you vote for death for someone when you use their 1st name? I find that problematic.

Hope I'm way way super wrong but I don't have a good feeling about the ending of this trial. I'm starting to walk away.

I love this jury! They are really paying attention. ALV looked like a deer in the headlights when they asked her about looking and smiling at JA. I would have loved to hear a question about why she is always looking at the DT during cross and if she is getting signals from them on how to answer the questions.

I am sure Juan will tell her that JA kicked her mother while an adult and ask if this would change her answer. She will probably make an excuse about taking it in "context". :rolleyes:

I find it comforting that it seemed to bother this juror that the expert witness was smiling at the killer. I like that reaction by a juror.

will the defense try to figure out which juror asked this question and try to get that juror kicked with some phony baloney garbage about juror misconduct

Thanks, Schuby for the Jury Question poll. I am extremely impressed with how astute and observant this panel is, and I'm confident that they will render an appropriate verdict. The DT can't be pleased about what's going on in their minds about the current witness. The DV defense hasn't worked. :moo:

Some members of the jury seem to be broadcasting they have ALV's number and are seeing the BS spewing forth. Other members seem to be considering what ALV is saying and seeking to define JA/TA relationship and doing a bit of digging in. Not every question asked had me cheering, I'll tell you that. It was a mix across the spectrum. However, the snarky questions were tasty (chomp-chomp) and I'm still picking the crumbs from those out of my teeth this morning. :)

And court observers report that less than half the jurors submit questions (Beth Karas & KCL's notes) so that means over half the jurors are silent. We don't know what they are thinking.

I'm so perplexed by everyone's great reviews of the jury questions.

I find the jurors' questions full of Jodi this & Jodi that. Few of them have "the defendant" or "Ms. Arias" but the majority seems to be on a 1st name basis with a butcher.

How do you vote for death for someone when you use their 1st name? I find that problematic.

Hope I'm way way super wrong but I don't have a good feeling about the ending of this trial. I'm starting to walk away.

I don't think they would refer to her as Ms Arias because they don't have enough respect for her to say that.

I would be surprised if they actually unanimously voted for the DP. I think it is more likely she ends up with LWOP. It is hard to get a young woman onto Death Row.

Thanks for transcribing and posting the questions from the jury. I had to be away yesterday and missed them.

My feelings are that most of the jury are getting it. However there are a few where I question if the jury members who asked the questions might be looking for a way to excuse the suspect. I hope that I am wrong as it only takes one.

And court observers report that less than half the jurors submit questions (Beth Karas & KCL's notes) so that means over half the jurors are silent. We don't know what they are thinking.

Yup. That part definitely has me worried. What are the silent ones thinking? It just takes one or two. :sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back