Jurors names to be released on or after 10/25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, given that Eckstadt already gave an interview!
Hinky indeed......

I don't think anyone wishes any harm to the jurors, but I think they should have to complete a homework assignment ...

Read this article (already posted in a couple of other WS forums):

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArtic...the_Casey_Anthony_trial&slreturn=1&hbxlogin=1

Then, stand up in front of the media and admit you made a mistake in this case by finding FCA not guilty of the major charges ....

That I would admire and it might lead to a little forgiveness on everyone's part ...

Sustained, thank you! This is the first I have seen this link. Great article.
IMO this quotation from the article might explain why the jurors have decided to clam up.

The more the jurors talk — and make tragically incorrect, dare I say uninformed, statements such as that the case lacked "hard" evidence, that the time of death and manner of death was not shown and that the jury largely ignored all of Casey's lies as having nothing to do with the case because it shed no light on the specific day that Caylee died — the less their verdict and decision-making deserves to be respected. The more they make public comments, whether or not for compensation, the more they set themselves up for constructive criticism in the cacophony of public debate http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticl...n=1&hbxlogin=1

I noted this as well. It seems to me that they might have made this group pact after the others started talking and getting serious backlash in credible media articles.

IMO they got too close and did not bring to deliberation 12 individual thinkers. Sequestered, they likened themselves as a "family" and some critics suggested that could be why they arrived at such a quick verdict.

OC stated that FCA had no credible threats, and I doubt there are credible threats to anyone involved in this case.

There aren't imo. Defense talking points becoming valid in some peoples' mind - even though there's nothing to base them on.

Judge Perry seemed concerned for the jurors and their comfort from the beginning so I am not surprised he is having a "cooling off" period. I don't think there is any harm in waiting to release the names. I think he is just trying to do what he thinks is best for everyone involved. IMO The verdict is in, can't be changed, no point in putting there names in the hands of the media. That will just give Casey more time on the news.

Funny post on Facebook by (not the real) HHJP:

Judge Belvin Perry, Jr.
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen of the Facebook. Hope your evening finds you well! How have you been? Won't be releasing the names of the jurors until at least the twenty fiff' of October. Give a little bit more of a cool off period.

This website has taught me a lot of things. 1. If I have knowledge of a crime as a witness or heard it second hand---I will never ever speak to the media. 2. I will never openly defend someone if they are accused of a crime (even my own husband) if they are accused of a crime to the media 3. If I ever stumble across a body I will report it but only anonymously, no way will I have my name on any LE report.

4. I used to think of serving on a jury as not only a civil duty but an honor. Not anymore, I will do my very best to get out of jury duty, hate to admit that but I will.

If I were one of these jurors I would have already unlisted my number, deleted all my social networking pages and moved and got a new job. Lordy.

JMHO and being honest.

Why does this jury get the royal treatment, with rules of the justice system utterly ignored just for them?

I think delaying the names of the jurors is only going to work to prolong this entire debacle even longer. Think about it: with Baez talking about the <modsnip> going into "therapy" (therapy for what exactly? Being a <modsnip>?) because nobody wants to give her an interview for fear of backlash, he's rubbing his hands together with glee at the thought of letting it all die down for a couple of months only to be able to stir it all up again once she's "healed" and more palatable to the public. And wouldn't it be perfect timing to be able to take advantage of the timing that would coincide with this media release?

The public had better <modsnip> well stay on top of this case, no matter how long it takes to ensure NOBODY makes one red cent off the <modsnip>, murdered baby left to rot in a vacant lot wasteland.

Hopefully by October the <modsnip> will have gotten hit by a bus, and this entire soory chapter of injustice will finally be laid to rest once and for all.

I wish that "reasonable doubt" vs. "shadow of a doubt" had been explained to the jurors a bit more clearly.
I watched the closing argument and also wonder if Caylee got lost in the arguments of defense vs. state.
Was it better to close with a picture of FCA's tattoo of "bella vita" or would it have been better to close with photos of Caylee, the haunting sound of her singing "You Are My Sunshine" and reminders of this little girl whose life was lost, way too soon, in search of "Bella Vita."
These and other questions haunt me as, in my opinion a killer is living in our midst. The jury did their job based on what they heard. They should not be penalized for doing what they thought was the right thing even though I don't agree.
That is going to have to be good enough for me.
All of this is my own opinion and thank goodness you do not have to agree with me.
Hugs to all.

All they had to do for God's sake is ask a dang question if they could not figure out what the <modsnip> definition was.............that's all I'm saying. These jurors are not worth the publicity they are getting. Period.

I noted this as well. It seems to me that they might have made this group pact after the others started talking and getting serious backlash in credible media articles.

IMO they got too close and did not bring to deliberation 12 individual thinkers. Sequestered, they likened themselves as a "family" and some critics suggested that could be why they arrived at such a quick verdict.

OC stated that FCA had no credible threats, and I doubt there are credible threats to anyone involved in this case.

I see...........kinda like pack mentality. I think that the jury made their decision and now they just have to live with it.

I posted the following in another thread but it should go here as well...

One thing that stood out to me in the article about HHJP not releasing the names until October...

"Eckstadt said fellow jurors have said they don't want each other talking to the media."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5310429.story

I can't help but wonder why they would feel the need to make this decision or agreement as a group. Why the need to discuss it at all, actually? Why not leave that up to each individual? Then, of course, there were those that apparently broke ranks and talked anyway. Makes me feel very suspicious.
seems like most of their deliberations was on if they should or shouldn't talk to the media and probably got their story together.

Well that's a very odd statement (BBM). They don't want each other talking to the media? Why? Something to hide?

Well, we now know they must have discussed the media during deliberations, as what other time could they have done that? They should have been discussing the evidence and deliberating - not what they were going to say to the media.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

MOO

Mel

Well, given the "arduous hours" they spent in deliberation, I cannot imagine the "jurors" (ha) discussed much else.

FWIW- Eckhart was an alternate & not part of deliberations, so this "agreement" was made sometime during sequestration or after the entire panel was excused. MOO- there was a LOT of discussion during sequestration that was related to the trial.

It's okay. If we have an abundance of anything here, it's patience. We'll remember.

I have to LOL protecting these peeps...They need more protections from themselves if what they used as 'REASONING" qualities///..I personally do NOT give a care who they are nor where they go, nor what they do in the future..ALL I can say is IF MS <modsnip> Casey does one thing to harm another child (much less another human being) THEY ARE ALL to be held accountable for NOT doing their JOB as a "Diligent Juror" Oath taken when sworn in...I am so disgusted with those 12 peeps..I chose to completely dismiss them TOTALLY!!..

I apologise IF I have crossed the line in "ConDeming" but this case has turned me off the American Judicial System...:maddening::sick:

Based on what? No one has been attacked. Seems like people are parroting the defense talking points.

I'm not sure I understand this post. If one of the jurors had been attacked, it would be ok to not release their names? Some of the jurors have received death threats which, IMO, warrants not releasing their names until after a cool down period. I'm glad that HHJP is doing this.

I really don't understand why some people want to know their names. What benefit could that possibly serve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay