Jury Duty? Would you?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you be able to serve on a jury for this trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could do - I would love to! To see and hear all the ins and outs and decide from there.
I'd want to be foreman so I could tell the judge the jury's decision!

Haha!! <- interject evil laugh
Been there. Done that -- as a juror and as a jury foreman. It's not a fun place to be. Sad. Very sad place to be.

The poll doesn't have my answer as a choice.

No, I could not serve as a juror in a Florida state case because I'm not qualified as a juror in that state.
No, I could not serve as a juror in this case because of the information on websleuths -- that would have to be disclosed and it would be extremely difficult for any human being to totally disregard everything on here and having posted opinions so that they could promise to listen only to what evidence is presented in court and follow the instructions given to them by the judge. I would hope anyone who has been exposed to the internet boards and in particular websleuths, if called as a potential juror, would disclose the same immediately to the judge in this case. The need of society to keep our justice system above reproach is far more important than any particular case.

I asked the question more morally than legally.

I couldn't serve the jury in any state as i don't live in the USA . i'm from a very small Island in Europe.

However if i was a USA citizen i meant would i lie? and say i'd never heard of the case or play down my knowledge of it.

Also if something is reported so internationally like th OJ murder case how could you find an impartial jury? That must be so difficult.

:confused:

LOL, if anyone from here is called, be very careful about the questioning. You will have to disclose that you have read about the case. During the appeal process, defense often looks at the background of the jurors. And for land's sake, if the defense asks you if you know who killed Caylee don't point at Casey!

Yes they may serve.

Thanks for the answer! And yes, then I would love to serve on this jury. I could be fair and impartial, even though I've read just about everything here on WS and in the news. But I could leave that behind and truly judge from the evidence presented. I have no personal beef with CA, I don't even know her. As with the Spector trial, even though I think he probably was responsible (maybe accidentally) I sure don't think the state proved their case - and had I been a juror on that trial I would've voted to acquit. (Please don't yell at me!)
DA

No I will be too emotional and angry at her to serve there. I live in Central FL and would love to see where this trial (if any) ends up. Everyone knows about the case so it might be hard to find a good jury.

I would love to be on this jury although I know I would never be chosen as I would have to be honest during the voi dire process and would never be selected. I would have to confess to knowing a lot about this case from reading here. I live in Orlando and get called to jury duty nearly every year. I'm not sure why I always get called as I have friends who have never been called.

I actually had the honor of sitting as a juror on a case in Judge Strickland's court two years ago. He was a wonderful judge and treated us jurors with a great deal of respect. He was very fair to both the prosecution and the defense. I was amazed at his patience. I'm sure this will probably not be tried in Orlando though which is a shame because he is a great judge.

No way, I am for Capital Punishment . . . no atty wants me on a jury!

No
I already think she is guilty

I could do this as I look as at the jury process as whole new territory. It will probably be somewhat different than the tabloids and news reports on the story. I'll be able to sit through it with an open mind and hear ALL the evidence either way. I don't live in Florida though. I've done it before.

I used to be vehemently opposed to the death penalty, too. Now I'm not so vehement. Still opposed, but I don't see it as such a black and white issue anymore. Guess I've become jaded in my old age.

IT IS BETTER TO BE NAIVE THAN JADED - Jenny Holzer, Truisms

Is it?

I"m just one of those die-hard NY liberals. IMO life imprisonment is worse.:behindbar

This will probably get moved. However, I just HAVE to voice this after reading posts about wanting Casey to be stoned, etc. I must say that though I feel in my heart she is most likely guilty - this is STILL America where people are innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law. I would want a fair trial and not a trial by media if I were in trouble. Not to say I in any way believe her stories after what I have seen. But even Casey is innocent until proven guilty. Am I the only one who feels this way?

This will probably get moved. However, I just HAVE to voice this after reading posts about wanting Casey to be stoned, etc. I must say that though I feel in my heart she is most likely guilty - this is STILL America where people are innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law. I would want a fair trial and not a trial by media if I were in trouble. Not to say I in any way believe her stories after what I have seen. But even Casey is innocent until proven guilty. Am I the only one who feels this way?

you might want to move this to the "emotions about the case" thread....

and there was discussion about innocent until proven guilty. It is actually presumed innocent untilproven guilty"

(i didn't read about stoning her?~where did you read that on here?)

I feel this way but we are not on a jury here...just a message board. She will get her chance to go to trial and then a jury of her peers will convict her.

I believe she is guilty as heck but it's not up to me to punish Casey but a Court of Law. She will have her day in court.

I think it's nothing more than human emotions for people wanting Casey to pay for what she's done. No, nothing has been proven yet, but everyone will form their own opinion before trial, it's inevitable.

Justice.. That's what everyone wants.

If you think it's bad now.. It would be so much worse if it's proven that Casey killed Caylee but she walks on a technicality or loop hole.

I know this isn't the first case where the public was so angered over a suspect who didn't protect her child. Sadly, I'm sure it won't be the last.

I hear what you are saying, but Im not a court of law and I say she is guilty as they come thats JMO

Poppy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back