***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine that the jury was able to easily disregard what his family said about him, 'still is kind', 'hero-dad'...etc (not that that mitigates planning murder in cold blood anyway) because his family were in effect telling the jury they'd got it wrong. IMO.
Healthy ppl can see through the sugar coated dysfunction. The jury did the right thing today, IMO

This is an interesting link with facts about the death penalty in Florida:
Death Row -- Florida Department of Corrections
Very interesting, I like that ,no air conditioning. You picked a fine state MS. Maybe it'll feel like hell in the summer, where you should be.
I am in the minority in re to the DP decision today but kids are resilient if they have a good support system and the daughters have had a healthy environment for the last few years with ppl looking out for them. Soon enough they will process the dysfunction and grow from it. JMO
I'm sure they've been counseled quite a bit in over 4 years of what may happen to their father. Kids are really not stupid and know way more than we think. They have had to be prepared in some way for this day. I think they are about 12 & 15 by now, and have gone through a lot in these last few years. Just thinking back on what they've had to put together on living with him for what eight months after Mommy was gone and the betrayal that they've gone through with him is heart wrenching. I believe with the support system they have that they have had to mature quickly. They've had the best care they could have under the circumstances. Prayers for the girls to lead the best life they can.

I can imagine that the jury was able to easily disregard what his family said about him, 'still is kind', 'hero-dad'...etc (not that that mitigates planning murder in cold blood anyway) because his family were in effect telling the jury they'd got it wrong. IMO.

It was brought up a young mark purchased his sister some earrings.
As a juror my thought would be of Teresa’s blood caked earrings.
It just was not working IMO. They tried.

I think the jury had gotten used to the duality that MS portrayed to them and the people in his world. He was/is two faced. The jury had to notice the fake tears. He goes to his friend's wedding and sets this thing in motion by asking, not once but twice, if his friend will kill his wife. He lies to his friend and says that the girls are in danger. (I know that CWW is a big, awful liar but I believe him on this account.) He is tricking others into doing his dirty work and says, "I don't want to know the details." He looks and acts privileged. I think the jury believed that he loved his rich life but not his wife and wanted to get rid of her. When his family talked about him in very glowing terms, I don't think those terms were not believed by the jury but rather seen as MS being a snake in the grass--hiding in plain sight---as he plotted against his wife but would say how much he loved her. I think all of these sides that we have seen and his family describes are the real MS. He is manipulative as much as he is kind and loving. The thing is that many manipulative people don't hire people to kill their wives.

I do hope that one of them will speak out to the press.

Last edited:
My goodness. I can’t bring myself to celebrate putting anyone to death, but I pray for these families.

I wouldn’t know if he celebrated his wife’s death as I wasn’t there. And if he had any part in it, then he had this coming. I’m not defending his actions, and certainly not his behavior. I just cannot find it in myself to celebrate putting someone to death. Deserved? Possibly. But you won’t see me making jokes about it. At the end of the day there are too many innocent people hurting from this to think there’s any positive outcome.
No one here is making jokes out of it. The DP fits this crime, IMO

Exactly. People need to tone down the celebration in here. Seriously people. It’s fine to express that you’re pleased with the jury’s verdict but those two daughters are about to lose another parent. FOREVER.

It seems to me the girls already lost MS as a parent, when he had their mother murdered. MS doing something like that, any parenting he would attempt afterwords would only be a charade. This wasn't a heat of the moment kind of murder, this was a cold and calculating murder. Anyone capable of such a murder would be at best worthless as a parent, more likely detrimental as a parent. I am satisfied with the jury's recommendation, I admire their strength of character. If the judge follows their recommendation, there will be justice for TS.

Yeah, I can't imagine "he is kind" and "he is loving" and "he's so smiley" and "he always has a spring in his step" sways a jury away from imposing the correct sentence for ordering another human being to be bludgeoned to death.

My favorite is when he mouths words as others are testifying as he is in agreement. It is definitely an odd thing to do but I know he is uber aware of the camera focused on him. Hence the trying to cry and the muppet sad face while mumbling the words.

Gross pig. I will be happy to know he never gets to set foot outside a prison again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside